A Completely Blind LP of "Fire Emblem - Three Houses" (normal / ironman)

Despite skepticism I grabbed this Fire Emblem Three Houses after all. 

GGFQde7.jpg

This will become a blind run. Blind means blind. I have like zero preknowledge about this game. I know the Three Houses and who their leader is, but this is basically it. I never ever visited the Three Houses section because I did not expect to purchase this game. But since people praised it without spoilering any story and gameplay details and compared it to games I really like, I give this game a chance. 

Since as said before that I have no knowledge about the Houses and characters, you can decide which House I shall support and whom to marry - if pairing exists what I am assuming it does.  

I also warn in advance that I am out of practice regarding Fire Emblem, so you might see the one or other :facepalm: move by myself.

JOq82sk.jpgxYHfQh1.jpg
Since I am bad and out of practice in Fire Emblem I think it is a fair compromise.

Also to make this run a bit challenging at least, fallen units will stay dead. I will not reset for any death unless it is connected with a Game Over. So be prepared for a massacre and low-units-run. Nah, I will do my best to not let it happen (all that often).

Introduction cutscene
A big fight between at least two armies is going on with these guys as their leader:

mNVhscS.jpgiPqMstv.jpg

eA3UiEP.jpg
Man attacks the woman....... and this is how it ends:

GeBOUUY.jpgS6n0U2T.jpg
Probably not only for the started fight by him, but we will see later hopefully.

Anyways it starts really dark and violent, so (hopefully) a darker FE game?

2gyCXwl.jpg
This girl is shown up (looks like a manakete). It looked like to me as if she dreamed the cutscene.

Anyways 

NKKqWas.jpgImhOebf.jpgNKKqWas.jpg
She talks to me (the avatar) and then the avatar selection is coming up.

It is up to vote for their gender, this will be continued in the next part.

Edited by Rosalina

If you're going in blind I think you should pick a house off personal preference once you're in the game.

The end of the prologue has you make a choice between them, but don't worry!  It's not your final answer. You get a chance to learn a bit more about the houses and their students before you make your decision.

Prologue 

Spoiler

Chosing Avatar

Rnav0HD.jpg
female version won 2:1

jD4ybk7.jpg
So this games gives early multiple choice questions to the player before the game even starts. Multiple choice questions have been an absolute rarity in FE so far and these mainly appeared in the lategame for deciding the ending. I have the suspicion that these questions could affect the support to a character. The better the answer, the faster the support will raise. It is a common thing in several RPG series.

MGwMv8i.jpg
I cannot quite see if this answer satisfied her.

X2288nm.jpg
Since we are chosing the girl, it is the only obvious name.

You cannot set the class and a asset / flaw to the avatar.

SpzZRQJ.jpg
After that she turns back to sleep...

QCNqV4S.jpg0U7yGDE.jpg
This opening for an Avatar seems to be quite common. Waking up from a dream.

vPILhes.jpghv00iAp.jpgtBQTtzj.jpg
The man, who seems to be some kind of a leader, tells that there is no time for naps in war times.

V04XQeJ.jpg
announcement of a mission

0BJ0x3d.jpgQvebSnk.jpg
Fairly sure this is not the answer he wanted to hear.

Jeralt is Rosalina's father.

jKk4Sct.jpgKXYJAum.jpg
Suddenly a soldier appears who has to bring an important message.

YeGhHpw.jpgdvY0cxx.jpglC5SXQp.jpg
The "Three Houses" came together to share their similar problem.

OOPYgpd.jpgOOPYgpd.jpg
There is like no FE game without a bandit chapter in the beginning.

Anyways the "Three Houses" seem to work together (for the maybe only one time?)

09ysuC8.jpg

r3fgNax.jpg
ALRIGHT!
This game direclt starts after the annoucement of the prologue.

Anyways before I will start with the battle I will introduce the characters, enemies, map and some things of the battle menu.

I will also show tutorials of mechanics which have been added or changed. 

I guess everyone here has played a FE game yet, riiiiiiiiight!?

So I do not want to explain things like movement or terrain.

I will only focus on mechanics special to this game.

MAP
v5F8r8g.jpg
rPTCG4J.jpg
There is a bit area in the left and right, but no enemies, so not worth to be shown.

COMBAT MENU
3hDigcd.jpg
On the left side you see the unit's stats and battle stats (attack power, accuracy, evasion, attack range, movement). Skill is replaced by Dex what I do not know what it stands for as I  do not know which battle stats Dex affects.
On the bottom left you see several skills. I will not explain them right now because it would go beyond the scope right now. I will show them once I picked a "House".
On the right side is an overview of the weapon and item inventory. You can also see that weapon durability is back which is a great imo. It is one of very gameplay aspects I missed in Fates
On the bottom right you see the weapon types, and you can see there are icons you have not seen before. The first four icons are clear: sword, axe, lance, bow

kNBheCa.jpg
Fists are introduced which means you can punch enemies to death. Awesome! I really was looking forward to it. Sothe's introduction scene in FE10 already made me want to see fists in FE.

N7mJ4DH.jpg
This is basically not new, but the icon is uncommon. This is light magic, which also makes a return after a longer while. Tellius were the last parts which handled light as an own weapon type.

MHHPUm1.jpg
This is dark magic. Idk how light and dark magic depend on each other since once more magic type is missing for having a weapon triangle.

dbCzui7.jpg
Hmm... I am not sure what this exactly is. I do not believe it is a weapon type, but rather these are like authority stars as they exist in Judgral and FE10. The higher the level, the higher the personal stats are increased. 

ALLIES
Edelgard
mCunow4.jpgrVaI0Kn.jpg
In general I cannot read much from these stats. FEHeroes gave me me a bit of an idea which class each lord is supposed to represent though. Edelgard could be somewhat the type of "Hector" by having great strength, good defense, average speed and low resistance.

Dimitri
vrm7HSq.jpg1zMqa2h.jpg713TpyR.jpg
I think Dimitri is somewhat similar to Edelgard maybe only that his attack is a bit worse, but therefore tankier.

Claude
VPIZpFM.jpgF8C4jfh.jpg
Claude is the first only bow user lord in FE which is interesting. I would expect him to be very fast with decent attack but lowish defense and resistance as expected from an archer.

Rosalina
Grsr0KZ.jpgJ9MgRVc.jpg
She has very similar bases to Edelgard (same strength and speed). I think and hope she will be similar to a myrmidion or mercenary by having good speed and strength.

ENEMIES
Generics
JqWfPyt.jpg
The generics are not axe users surprisingly, but mercenaries.

AstUBRt.jpg
However the boss is.

Since it is a prologue map I do not expect them to be cruel.

ANYWAYS LET US FINALLY START!!!

KjE0ZqU.jpg
These are the winning / losing conditions. No one may die. This is a condition you only see in FE10. But since the "Three Houses" and Rosalina are lords they must not die anyways.

myUzYHs.jpga6QuMah.jpg
Since Claude can attack without taking counterdamage, he will start the combat. In the battle animation you can extact that one shown unit in the map represents an entire group of soldiers.

EHXZtpc.jpg
Dimitri claims the first kill in the game.

Also I forgot to show the stats of Jerah, who will act as a NPC.

hAybMfK.jpg
Rosalina can talk to all the three lords.

9CkzY9P.jpgPNpWsOK.jpg

gCdugXY.jpg3J55ZGk.jpg
In this game you can talk to multiple people in the same turn, which means you can also attack, trade or use items after talking in the same turn. Aside of in FE5 it was not possible. It really simplifies things and prevents the player by accidently clicking on talk instead of attack of being punished.

LyK3zSi.jpg
Tutorial of how to use special tiles to our favor 

ebN8j2P.jpg
Forest tiles give +1 defense and +30% evasion. 30% evasion is massive and feels too much for me. 10-20% have been the standard so far.

0Gq5ilm.jpg0Gq5ilm.jpg
final talk

HcPfS54.jpg
Uh, what is this?

FCX5dRF.jpgzRUxId5.jpg
These are more powerful attacks at cost of two more weapon uses. Sounds a bit broken. Special attacks are common in RPGs, but mainly they are triggerd by time or a certain number of combats. In "Three Houses" they are extremly flexible to be used.

mBaskoF.jpg
It has an own command.

ftj0HyR.jpg
This would increase the attack power by five and the accuracy by 10% - NOT BAD!

nxYno0M.jpg
Rosalina's combat arte can oneshot the generic.

PaF6Ixv.jpg
Same as Edelgard with much better hitrate.

PS: I forgot to show how the weapon triangle and weapon weight are handled. I will show it in the next chapter.

PaF6Ixv.jpg
This area is clean now.

4qQOqxV.jpgHZw2WAP.jpg
Boss with his remaining subordinated decides to move on his own.

NCD3ZsE.jpgrGhbNYf.jpg
Rosalina with having weapon advantage against the boss will tank them. She is weaking the boss massively.

fdHYplQ.jpg
Pair up

h16hMRB.jpgkiPozuB.jpgcQepIeU.jpgxzQHP1A.jpg
Ah, these are no pair-ups, but simple support bonus like in older FE games. Though I think these bonuses affect the stats and not battle stats of the unit. So by a support the speed can be buffed which would be similar to the pair-up bonuses in FE13 and FE14.

lc7gzLK.jpg
Dimitri oneshot a generic with a combat arte.

MW3KIhn.jpg
And Rosalina finishes the boss off.

oX9nKZX.jpg
These are important stats, so I am happy!

And obtained the boss's iron axe.

After the boss has been defeated, another cutscene is played...

aOQOJo2.jpg
:.. in which Rosie tries to save Edelgard from a surprise attack by the bandits.

Though she had to pay with her own life for that, sacrificed her life for Edelgard.

XPElvhC.jpgygEimgl.jpgejN9lzO.jpg
She lands in the presence of the green haired manakete again.

Manakete: After all, if you don't know the value of your own life, you're not going to protect it very well, are you?
Well, then. I guess it's up to me to guide you from now on. Right?

OVpXzyK.jpgDQzWRjA.jpg

Sothis: Sothis... Yes that's it. My name is Sothis.

cGVKfHO.jpg

Sothis: I was not able to call my name... until just now.
And just like that, it came to me. How odd.
That look upon your face... Did you think me a child? A mere child who forgot her own name?!

6voC99z.jpgaV19U8a.jpg9dLpmH3.jpglBZZyHH.jpg

Sothis: There now. Is gratitude so much to ask? I did deem you worth saving, after all.

XjMU1cc.jpg

.Sothis: When time begins again, the axe will tear into your flesh, and you will surely meet your end.
How rude of you to drag me into this!

me3scQH.jpg
The third answer looks very interesting, but I do not want to risk an early bad ending.
(I am fairly sure it does not happen, especially not in a game by Intelligent Systems, but I dare to give silly answers.

ChaiJPq.jpg
So Mila's turnwheel also made a comeback!?

Sothis: Yes... I do believe it can be done. You really are quite troublesome.
 I cannot wind back time too far, but all is well. You are aware of what's to come, which means you can protect yourself this time.
Now go... Yes, you who bears the flames within. Drift through the flow of time to find answers that you seek...

ykBn71j.jpg
Time is turned back to the moment the boss is fallen.

ybGbBEp.jpg7jx2L7D.jpg
This time everything turned out well. 

Sothis reminds me very strong on Igor and the Velvet Room from the Persona series who also revives the protagonists and serves as guide. 

zmCQ0x6.jpg
A happy reunion takes place.

sza270a.jpg
Jeralt introduces his daughter to Alois. I do not know what the other answers will do, but I doubt Jeralt would like to hear either them.

JFEkHpw.jpg
Here is the first chance to come close to one of the House's Leader.

4UYaa3f.jpg
By the means of that icon on the left you see that Dimitri appreciates this answer. The proof that almost each answer will influence the support rank to a character.

Rosalina shares her first impressions of the three leaders:

Dimitri
U06zrGr.jpgpZBPP49.jpg

Edelgard
Vrq61D7.jpgWMJi0Ug.jpg

Claude
gP7Qvp1.jpgGFD4h7L.jpg

Edited by Rosalina

Dex is short for Dexterity, which is just the Skill stat but renamed to differentiate from Skills (now called Abilities) and Skills (formerly called Weapon Ranks)

Jeralt is Rosalina’s father, by the way. I’m not sure if the prologue made that clear.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:59 AM, Rosalina said:

This is basically not new, but the icon is uncommon. This is light magic, which also makes a return after a longer while. Tellius were the last parts which handled light as an own weapon type.

This is dark magic. Idk how light and dark magic depend on each other since once more magic type is missing for having a weapon triangle.

You mixed those up - Faith gives you white magic, and dark magic is part of reason (which also has black magic).

Fists are introduced which means you can punch enemies to death. Awesome! I really was looking forward to it. Sothe's introduction scene in FE10 already made me want to see fists in FE.

You might not find them so awesome once you see their stats. Just saying.

Spoiler

Map commentary
Three Houses added commentary to the displayed map information as it was the case in FE10. It represents a deeper atmosphere to the player.

I7icUDD.jpgV97NOOH.jpgy05pCZs.jpglUuEmH9.jpgC5KLs6q.jpg
The geographical location of the "Three Houses" is shown. They all border to each other. The Adrestrian Impire is the largest of them.

dmgmhZC.jpgsz0RwJN.jpgvZbiXlp.jpg
a few visual impression of the monastry

LHbZzNh.jpg
Father and daughter enter it.

KyORrJC.jpgZ9uanvK.jpg
Jeralt had business there about two decades ago.

xsTX4vM.jpg

WZaD2BS.jpg5MyuNCI.jpg
Here are the archbishop and her advisor.

gExACor.jpg
His wife / Rosalina's mother died, but by judging Jeradlt's words he does not seem to be 100% sure.

8FDwAGh.jpg
... he has other duties right now.

Yhkwzrf.jpg
The third last word will become essential in a bit.

yRBRCIK.jpg
new person

LjHEyCM.jpgoWJcyBc.jpg
Who introduced herself to the wrong person though.

z9LXX2D.jpgnS83saA.jpgnvWluKY.jpg
If I played a male avatar, would a third answer be selectable?

Anyways she seems to be creepy...

s9qSxKn.jpg
Both will introduce the three nations.

r7R73xw.jpgbuGRHgQ.jpg
3FNTpJD.jpgPlqZos1.jpg
9tzKZEI.jpgNXKss2y.jpg

lV3Zwbu.jpg
Seteth is distrustful to Rosalina because he still resents Jerant for leaving the academy 21 years ago out of nowhere and he also doubts on her abilities for being too you.

qOzhdXX.jpg
Rhea is confidient she will turn out as well as her father did.

Exploring
6ogY4Ol.jpgwrWK4tH.jpg
Welcome to a new, maybe not quite new mechanic anymore, if you played Echoes. However the explorations are restricted to a total different area now. In Echoes you explore dungeons by defeating monsters and searching for chests. InThree Houses, howeveryou discover natural enviroment by talking to people and fulfilling requests for them like collecting ingrediants, gathering information or delivering things. I will let me surprise...

hOGkWl4.jpg
If you are the monastry, this special menu is shown up. I will explain all the underpoints from time to time.

qroc4fg.jpg
For now on I focus only on quests.

7RhDzYe.jpg
First task it to talk to all three leaders to gather information about them.

Important note: As for the quests I will not show them all and not go in the littlest detail because this LP mainly has the purpose to show the battles and not all the trivial stuff which has not been part of FE until now. I will show this mission to give you an idea of a quest. I only will show quests which havean actual connection to the story or characters. Quests like making lunch by finding ingrediants have no added value for the viewer.

7RhDzYe.jpg
After you accepted a quest, the information and the reward(s) are shown.

If you click on a request, its status is shown.

4R4D1QK.jpg2vxldEb.jpg
pretty much self-explaining

3aVafnU.jpg
For the explarations a minimap is shown which is practically. 

GSHUvU5.jpgLeXcujp.jpgr4hXYx5.jpg
Here is a little extract of the monstary and its court. 

Bubble icons are for talk, the golden letter icon is talk regarding an accepted quest. Also this games tells, if you spotted a person you have to talk to for making progress in a quest as you can see in the third picture.

Also first task is to talk to the three leaders. Edelgard is the first one I pass by.

QFD8lnP.jpg
of course

ZxXKXrq.jpg
The overview of all Black Eagles's characters

XNOXMWg.jpgNZ5r8cR.jpg
You recieve a little summary of each character's personality and their stats are shown. 

If you look at the right screen, you see two bars with list of strengths and weaknesses. 

Someone told me it shows the weapon level experience gain of an unit. If I am not wrong anyone can use any weapon since classes do not exist from what I have seen yet. However like for subjects everyone has their strength(s) and weakness(es). If someone has a bow-icon in strengths and fist-icon in weaknesses, it means the unit will get faster weapon levels with bows and slower with fists. 

4FzExGL.jpg8JGzvMo.jpg
0V0FO0v.jpguWDrd5a.jpg
tp22Gsa.jpgvvLgLms.jpg
7vf6enO.jpgYuKkTlV.jpg
RkMLhio.jpgNDpoKsx.jpg
JlgU0Ro.jpgvhZYqro.jpg
Y280xU4.jpg

I must admit as for some units the strengths / weaknesses do not match with their bases. Also one unit only has strengths O.O.

Second is Claude.

ah5ZP7n.jpgasv1vbC.jpg
sUbZaay.jpg8ySikzq.jpg
wSfg8tF.jpgYUykXrv.jpg
Wj5xaEb.jpglzJj1Gu.jpg
ojcukAN.jpgT6x4kbz.jpg
Dmnd1lb.jpgJ32scLx.jpg
xAvgLTu.jpgxP7gh1v.jpg
efVXGEX.jpgCJWaqF5.jpg

finally Dimitri

XjRfUvu.jpg
AiMlJo0.jpgNlffEvO.jpg
MmqYylc.jpgSvCSZc8.jpg
6nOdDY6.jpgfx9wzvp.jpg
Ng2DNkY.jpgRtkEeRS.jpg
orqBFyf.jpg2bbYGWx.jpg
4vRhs2q.jpgjYL0Wf8.jpg
r0EWg47.jpgIMEHTbg.jpg

There is no real need to comment any of these people right now. I want to learn to get them know in battle first.

Anyways quest is done.

yRSdUq7.jpg16qtpMN.jpg
The payment concludes automatically.
First quest is done. As I mentioned I will not bother with these too much. As for the first quest I did it as introduction and this one had serious plot relevance too.

Jeralt is Rosalina’s father, by the way. I’m not sure if the prologue made that clear

I cannot think it was directly mentioned before the prologue, but at the latest with Alois's appearance it was clear.

@Shadow Mir
What is the difference between white magic and faith?
And to what kind of magic do staves belong to?

Edited by Rosalina

Traditionally, “Light Magic” is a type of offensive magic. In this game (and SoV) “White Magic” is support and healing magic. 

As for terminology, White and Dark Magic are the actual spells, while Faith and Reason are the Skills associated with them.

Also, I happen to be rather partial to Gauntlets. Their low weight makes it easy to double characters even on top of the Brave effect, so a character with high Strength can wreck some [Fates Story] even with only acceptable speed. Yes, their power is low, (the Training Gauntlet in particular has no Might), but the easily accessible Brave effect make them very potent. In fact, they just may be the best way of dealing damage in the early game, and remain viable as the game goes on.

11 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Also, I happen to be rather partial to Gauntlets. Their low weight makes it easy to double characters even on top of the Brave effect, so a character with high Strength can wreck some [Fates Story] even with only acceptable speed. Yes, their power is low, (the Training Gauntlet in particular has no Might), but the easily accessible Brave effect make them very potent. In fact, they just may be the best way of dealing damage in the early game, and remain viable as the game goes on.

I dunno - the low might (just to put things into perspective, the strongest gauntlets are a measly 4 might - less than an iron sword) is a turn-off, even with the brave effect (which only works when you initiate). They're also not usable by mounted units (this is mostly common knowledge) or mages (which was recently commented on).

Edited by Shadow Mir

I’ve always found them very useful. I have Edelgard as a Brigand, and her high strength is great with Gauntlets. Are they the best weapon in most situations? No. Are they helpful in certain situations? Yes. Is it fun to punch things in Fire Emblem? YES.

Spoiler

April 24th
There is something I totally forget to mention. This game is also a lifetime simulation. You have to organize each single day. For now there is not much to do, but soon you will have access to supports. Each conversation will consume time. I will explain more when it is the case.

After talking to the three leaders quest, Sothis will ask you which party could convince you:
jgJPTRd.jpg
This decision does not affect the further story.

However this one does:

iJWcCHR.jpgiJWcCHR.jpgbwjhfei.jpg
tXWNPDC.jpg
They were the poll's winner.

After that there is a bit smalltalk between Flayn and her big brother...
tXWNPDC.jpg
... who mentions an upcoming battle between all Three Houses in a few days.

Then it is time to get to know all people of the Blue Lions:
k1zH2kq.jpgUxSDD51.jpg
Annette: You say that, but... I just don't know about all of this!

Dimitri: I'll admit, it doesn't sit well with me either. After all, we wish to show you due respect.

Sylvain: Sure, but if the professor say it's OK, shouldn't that be enough? This is... if Your Highness can consent to such a thing. After all, we're already speaking this way to our king, so we may as well relax our speech with our professor, right?

Dimitri: Well, we're not in the kingdom, so it only goes to follow that we should speak companionable... I concede. If the professor says it's fine, we ought to accept that kindness gratefully.

Ingrid: As for me, I'm not sure I can mange...

Mercedes: You don't have to force yourself if it's too difficult. You're fine with that too, right, Professor?

Sylvain: Such benevolence is a sight to behold! I don't suppose you would care to join me for tea? We could discuss education... and marriage.

Felix: Control yourself, Sylvain. I have more important matters to discuss with our new professor. Come to the training ground later. There, you will show me what you're capable of.

Dimitri: You aren't wasting any time, are you, Felix? As it were, count me in for any such battle.

Ashe: Pardon me, but I would also love to observe you in battle, for future reference. It that's OK with you...

Dimitri: Ashe, I won't have you speak of merely watching. You should join as well.

Mercedes: If you get injured, simply say the word and I'll patch you striaght away.

Dedue: Your Highness. Do take care not to overboard.

Dimitri: You worry too much, Dedue. I'll be fine, I promise.

Sylvain: My companions! Is there not something inherently wrong with crossing blades as a way to bond with each other?

Ingrid: Huh, I never thought of it that way. Well, if that's how you feel, I suppose you'll just stay behind while the rest of use are at the training ground?

Sylvain: Ingrid, my dearest friend! You really are too harsh on me.

Dimitri: Well then, Professor, what do you think? As you can see, the Blue Lion House is lively bunch, but you'll find none who works harder- I'm certain we'll cause our fair shate of trouble, but I'm very much looking forward to the year ahead.

Well, that was an interesting introduction of the characters. Sylvain is definitely my favorite of them so far. 

tzZ1aUg.jpg
some reward

April 26th

ImXleDJ.jpgImJDXAW.jpg
Hanneman wants to check out Rosalina's chest because they have hidden powers.

wbRXKhL.jpgG0d0nkK.jpgRVhwkz9.jpg
a pattern which is new to him

April 27th

hlIVhhB.jpgVr7X57I.jpgTs3ZzBH.jpgGuTZxmw.jpg2uBOv0Y.jpg
As mentioned before if there is a free say, you can creat it as you wish. You can do various activities like studying or converse people. The avatar can acquire certain points in various stats by doing certain activities like increasing the knowledge by studying. A certain level of different stats is required to have access for quests or talking to people, so train all stats of the avatar more or less equally. 

xifCGSK.jpg
an overview of today's quests

Quest Share a Meal

1. Talk to Dedue
MPsL4W1.jpg

OH0e0lK.jpg
You receive seeds, which must be plant in the greenhouse keeper.

2. Go to the greenhouse keeper
Yz90NOO.jpg

3. Talk to that guy
MNyuais.jpg
mehfXqG.jpgFrWpCt2.jpgg9O94nj.jpgLWoM3bb.jpg
You get an explanation how planting works. You gain food you can use to make dishes, maybe also healing items or status buffs? I will see...

4. Planting the seeds
tH7pKtl.jpg

5QawWos.jpg
quest complete 

After a few day you can harvest.

Quest Fresh Catch

1. Talk to Flayn
FCVdnOd.jpg

fUrZbbU.jpg
She gives all the requirements for fishing.

2. Talk to the fishkeeper
GqnYZLc.jpg

3zPIpLp.jpgIQZOfjH.jpgIc70qyu.jpg3ogxH0G.jpg
explanation of the fishing game

This is like 100% a rip-off of the fishing game in Trails of Cold Steel. When you get a sign that something bited in, press A. Then a violet circle will appear from outside. If it covers the gray circle, press A. It must be three times again. If you did it, you get the fish.

4Q5I1VD.jpg
quest complete

Quest Share a Bite

1. Talk to Sylvain
ihseIlT.jpg

cxarhEh.jpg
These ingredients shall be made to a dish.

2. Talk to the dining staff...
eD91DIP.jpg
... and pick today's special

m44VzJV.jpgf8jjMPb.jpgjAGMxOz.jpg
The people with the smiling icon seem to like this dish more than the others, so I pick Ingrid and Annette.

bydK55H.jpghWxKfc3.jpg
They enjoy it.

sTZDNIV.jpg
Honestly I do not know that this bar stands for. Stamina? Or happiness? If it is latter, then I do not know what it does.

FTvavtu.jpghIzNGJh.jpgdP0m5VX.jpgnIU2bni.jpg
Doing these quests will also be rewarded in a long term.

quest complete

motivation overview
87uG2Ba.jpgv

unit's profile
ygZ5ldL.jpg
If you select a unit's card, you will get all possible information about each character. Even the age and height are shown which is not common at all in FE.

MfQt48z.jpgG65bThe.jpgLHkkUML.jpgpdLjXwi.jpgRTGzRt6.jpgx5StgSX.jpgPXFlW6Q.jpgeSJ7fYX.jpgEIahBz4.jpg
Mercedes is oldest actually and Dedue is a tree.

The final quest is talking to Dimitri
QMx33Y8.jpg
... who gives information about facilities and how to spend a free day.

Facilities
1mizT7Z.jpgLLzInvc.jpgBAwlISi.jpg
For example you can talk to people and increase their relation to them or pick up (rare) items.

Quests
BaFAHUR.jpgu9YL7Q0.jpgyAhLacD.jpgaFVNWEg.jpg
You have multiple benefits of doing quests.

Activity Points
OPJmXZU.jpgaOjrH2X.jpgn4LMom2.jpg
As mentioned already you get points for support conversation or similar stuff which cost time. In the next paragraph it is explained how to rise the number of activity points

Professor Level
jvwqiCK.jpgIdZgrhl.jpg2FYhjFU.jpg
reding books, talking to people, taking part in activities (battles, cooking...)

Edited by Rosalina

First, you only control what you do on days off-that is, Sunday’s. Each Monday, you do instruction, which lasts the whole week, not counting special events.

The bar is motivation, which determines how many times you can instruct each student.

Hoo, boy. Tutorial time.

During Instruction, there are three different activities: Goals, Group Tasks, and Instruct, which I will be referring to as “tutor.” Goals are the simplest and the most significant. You choose which skills you want your students to focus on, and they are given a large boost at the end of the period. You can either pick 2, which will rise at the default rate, or 1, which will rise 50% faster.

Next are group tasks. Pick two students to perform one of three tasks (corresponding to the non-combat skills, Riding, Flying, and Heavy Armor), which will raise that skill for both and increase their support points.

Lastly is Tutor. You select a number of students and Instruct them in a skill, boosting it a small amount. You can instruct a student a number of times equal to their motivation level, with the maximum being 4.

Spoiler

30th April

uxD1jAB.jpg
This game is a little bit ass to Rosalina on 29th because it skips her birthday, means no presents in form items or anything similar. :,(

On 30th it's Ferdinand's birthday. For 200 gold you can buy flowers to increase the support.

u1iyz8t.jpg
Xl186d2.jpg
Today is a battle day.

dhVhn5v.jpgX7pjNGv.jpg
Of course I want to be as confident as possible to motivate my army.

Battle Prepareations
zzyKCcr.jpg
This design looks already really interesting because completly new. Outside of the circle how have all the options while inside the circle you can start the chapter.

A guide for the battle preparations is shown, but there does not have to be explained much here.

Marketplace is probably a place you can buy items and weapons, everything else should be self-explanatory.

V9PxllV.jpg
This is the set team. Four must be left home.

qt5x59E.jpg
That's the team I picked.

NIkgunF.jpg
The units who are not brought to this chapter, pass their equipment to have more weapon flexibility.

Skills

I will show each skill of all the character.

Rosalina
personal skills
VRJ5GGh.jpg
This skill gives a 20% exp. boost to her and adjacent allies which is pretty great.

weapon skills
x4trdSY.jpgENv0rtG.jpghBmE2qN.jpg
I do not know what the last two skills exactly do, at least I do not know what brawling means.

Mercedes
personal skills
qh6CoR5.jpg
The first skill is from Heroes. The healer will healer recover the same amount of HP as the healed ally. It will become great, the more HP can be healed.

weapon skills
MUHmmQm.jpgwFLZr0E.jpg
Most skills are accuracy / evasion boosts for using a certain weapon type.

Felix
personal skills
8ZbYNgK.jpg
Again this game uses terms I do not know what they mean like battalion.

weapon skills
VYtQQgD.jpgx4MSdRH.jpgcLfkAai.jpg

Ashe
personal skills
gKRjX8X.jpg
Ashe is a thief. He can unlock doors and chests. A must have if chest but no keys are a thing.

weapon skills
nXesuCy.jpgSg4RV2i.jpg

Annette
personal skills
bcLsZLO.jpg
a rally skill - good support 

weapon skills
JXu9qR8.jpg2usJNp8.jpgo1G1UEd.jpg

Dimitri
personal skills
6HWAfCx.jpg
Same skill as Rosalina but only applies to himself.

weapon skills
vmqH6X6.jpgTN0ERbp.jpgcC0ndN5.jpg

Ingrid
personal skills
4hacLyp.jpg
I think it means for attacking first like deathblow from Heroes.

weapon skills
1iqZHPt.jpgeBlgbLO.jpg

Dedue
personal skills
ZxPEtF5.jpg
This is basically like steady stance from Heroes with the difference  that he may not act in player phase, not even use items.

weapon skills
ZxPEtF5.jpgJluWPcP.jpg8lPWLff.jpgrt0TJko.jpg

Sylvain
personal skills
UucBKVC.jpg
Well, it suits to his personality. Girls next to him motivate him by getting + 2 strength and defense.

weapon skills
rNxtrmL.jpgIlQXDoZ.jpg

Supports
An overview of all support possibilities
oe2oCJc.jpg5cED1yE.jpgK5TJ3TP.jpgKc1TzYe.jpg
There are a few same gender S support possibilities like Mercedes and Rhea.

Since I do not know all these conversations at all, it is up to you to decide who shall a get a S-support with Rosalina!

Map
r8OTeQX.jpg
In this map you fight the other two Houses's leader Claude and Edelgarde with a few of their subordinates. Unfortunately I forgot to capture the enemies's stats. Though I think Claude and Edelgard have similar stats as in the prologue with maybe other equipment though.

1LebibN.jpg
winning condition

Hw30QKl.jpg
I think this applies to my allies too, but I do not want to take any unnecessary risks. I will play this chapter rather defensively since I still have to get used to this game. Usually I play rather aggressively, but since it is a ironman run each defeated ally would be busted, even if they might return in the next battle.

iGkKjZQ.jpg
I let the enemy come to me.

xxR68Km.jpg
a great start!

But he's a leader, so I do not expect anything less.

g4XImeY.jpg
In turn two I can finish them off.

hCXrTVp.jpg
I am really 😭 right now.

PlLQStJ.jpg

6DUPzEw.jpg
Mercedes shows her healing abilities. Staves are superrare, so only be usable in emergency cases.

9dgYyNp.jpg
Must be done with the assist command.

MhxNzp6.jpgknN895e.jpg
She can heal 11 HP. I assume it is based on her magic stats which is 11. The AS increase is explained by having no speed reduction when having a staff equiped.

ltv0z5v.jpgOWmPhC1.jpg
Wow, this is a massive difference in terms of accuracy! 25% is still 10% more than in FE6 where axes pretty much do not exist. It gives me the creeps that axes could become toally useless unless these weapon skills can fix it.

1eidoWj.jpg
Luring out one by another.

7TQWcqC.jpg
This is actually kinda tricky. Edelgard moved who hits hard, if she can hit. The problem is that I have to take out Hubert in the bottom of the screen who is a dark magic user and also hits hard.

DukIQoG.jpg
Mercedes is the one who takes the least damage, but on the other hand she also deals the least damage.

rrDAguH.jpgIF8w4V1.jpg
Dimitri and Rosalina in the forest should be fine.

1pXbHWn.jpg2KWxorh.jpgjhfAMh3.jpg
battle of the leaders

TKwD25W.jpg
Dimitri dodges and gets a level up. Oh, I forgot to mention it. You gain more than one exp. for dodging like in FE5.

vFG93fc.jpg
Dimitri shows who the best leader is.

meWDZyD.jpg
And gets another splandid level up. That's my boy!

pRzyfPc.jpg
She is sad now...

icosRoV.jpg
Taking out the rest.

y2VlJoH.jpg
Claude is defeated.

MH1agbj.jpg
Henneman is even doubled. I must check out the double criteria for the next chapter. Damn it, I forgot so many things. 😕

KA08diO.jpgS7PfU4S.jpg
I will see what it does.

MkQINwd.jpgokqspUQ.jpg
excellent level

1EjA5C6.jpgq2WILic.jpg
more defensive tiles

6anRRGG.jpg
A wall which has to be destroyed.

nhpOznR.jpg
Manuela is the last remaiming enemy who is also the weakest one.

MmQAya0.jpg
Every defeated units has a quote.

t2e7lfO.jpg

LvYrJyt.jpg
no surprise, he got three levels, three GREAT levels

Finally some battle action again. It was refreshing.

@Shadow Mir
I forgot Fates pretty much.

If this skill already existed there, then yeah, I have no memories about its skills anymore.

Edited by Rosalina

5 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

qh6CoR5.jpg
The first skill is from Heroes. The healer will healer recover the same amount of HP as the healed ally. It will become great, the more HP can be healed.

Don't you mean Fates, where it was one of the Maid/Butler class skills?

14 hours ago, Rosalina said:

I must check out the double criteria for the next chapter.

You need 4 or more speed over your opponent to double. Also, the effect of weapon weight is reduced by 1 for every 5 points of strength you have.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

You need 4 or more speed over your opponent to double. Also, the effect of weapon weight is reduced by 1 for every 5 points of strength you have.

Making it five in Heroes. Glad that it went to normal tradition as they crapped up the movement and making it one extra speed to double for money making purposes. Questionable though why they have Close Counter in this game. Has the nerf of the one range mage no retaliation(Without Counter Skill) remained in this game?!

Edited by PuffPuff

No, mages can still counter. Long range classes in general are just very good in the game. I can’t count how many times I’ve defeated a Demonic Beast by pelting it with 3 range attacks from afar.

Spoiler

StapHFk.jpgJQfOktR.jpgq6VQO3p.jpg
Gathering information for the next battle.

Jhltp7m.jpgkJvMDCx.jpg
Oh, it is like in Persona where quests must be done till a certain date and if you have done it until then, it is Game Over?

HlVeJA3.jpg
Dragon loli returns.

0Odw1xJ.jpgdXEExEo.jpg
She might not like this answer, but I hope in that way I can gather information from her because honestly I have no idea what her exact purpose is aside being connected with the protagonist.

yvsR6ba.jpgPGbVqon.jpgwdeIgWC.jpgi4NoO3Z.jpg2eHP6wm.jpg
For now the enough is enough. Well, everything else would be just spoilery so early in the game.

CBEtC6j.jpg
The boss from the prologue is back, apparently recovered.

vV3etm3.jpg
The first real douche is shown.

FBXDtJh.jpgBXuXGsO.jpg1lq6cMw.jpg
... ok

TQbKDng.jpg

Map commentary
nWSyjCq.jpg9akK1XL.jpgaAkPWe6.jpgHckeyZI.jpg

5th May
JVlOJBY.jpg
These are the monthly funds.

KiKYSlX.jpgqTz4XaF.jpg
I guess this is the introduction of instruct I was asking about before.

QeQMqkS.jpg
As for Dimitri I want to be confident. 

zhYzrYu.jpgNtSpCC4.jpg
As for Jeralt I do not.

9th May
9TuMkTd.jpg
Again 200 gold for flowers to make her happy.

11th May
kITlPXY.jpgmoY3wmM.jpgfCNRrg5.jpg
On the calender you can the different kinds of event which will take place. 

Marketplace
amory
79xZcLj.jpg
As assumed you can buy weapons there.

weapon overview
dnrG0BQ.png?1

• The difference to a weapon type is one might, one weight and 10% hit. The accuracy difference is more than in the former FE parts which means that swords seem to be really damn great. 
  • Training weapon = slim weapon
  • Effective weapons do exist in form of the mace which is rather weak but accurate. 
  • 1-2 bows are back, but they do not seem to be effective against flying units.
  • Gauntless are, as someone mentioned in the comments, very weak. Training gauntlets do not even have weight. But for stronger and less accurate units they could be useful maybe.

item shop
0iPi4Aa.jpgZUTUOJr.jpg
I do not know if these items increase the unit's stats temporaly for one chapter or the entire game. Maybe they just need to be equipped and can be swapped over? I will see.

eFxKiXk.jpgIZHhkVp.jpg
I do not know what these seals do. Sounds like a promotion / reclassing item.

qPI02re.jpg
Pure water adds seven resistance, but I do not know if it is only temporary as in older FE parts when it lost its power after each turn by one.

The rest is self-explaining.

wfkkPQh.jpgkqYBt3h.jpg
I do not remember if I mentioned it before, but you can fasttravel to an area you have discovered before. This speeds up quests quite a lot.

Also if you started a quest, you will not see a direct !-icon for the ongoing quest. But you cane determine where to go next by checking out the map. If you see a light blinking area on the map, this will be your next destination.

x7WgLJA.jpgW6TYD4U.jpgLAaBCox.jpgkSY8MM2.jpg
all quests of today

ko9STiJ.jpg
Two quests can be started in a cathedral. If you visit a place for the first time, a little cutscene of the anticipated place is shown.

Quest A Passion for Music
YQ4f4bD.jpgYQ4f4bD.jpg
1. Go to the cathedral and talk to this guy.

Wt3F6w5.jpg0zYymdp.jpg
2. Find this blue thingy along in the dormitry area.

kL5k8pX.jpg
3. Go back to report.

oYSjJnT.jpg
After that you can choir practice with two people of your choice. Mercedes makes the most sense since she is very religious.

7XT87MU.jpg5iyyjma.jpg

Quest Troubling Rumors
9VmXigA.jpg

1. Stay in the cathedral and talk to Seteth.

bFURnLU.jpgNEOl5i1.jpgKcKMRSY.jpg
You get to know who the four saints are.

NCB9wMk.jpg

KUOrhwg.jpgcRjqx4w.jpg2MXezr0.jpg
2. Speak to that guy who is - I believe - somehow between the dormitry area and dining bar. I found him by accident.

RmLmNIU.jpgDeqcVXg.jpg
3. Go back to report.

vHZCYIJ.jpgDCDUSCw.jpg
If you are in the cathedral, you can easily increase the support level with Mercedes.

Quest Creative Cuisines
A9P2CHy.jpgO7aOl1O.jpg

1. Go to the dining bar to talk this person.

2. Go to the library.

6iHbzGR.jpg3w4gJNr.jpgA0wq7YT.jpg
3. Again you have to pick up three of these blue blinking icons which stand each for cook recipe.

CcF6VWg.jpg
4. Go back to report and select a menu. I do not know the choice matters.

rNw2Uoy.jpgbEF6OCY.jpgfoSybUb.jpg0pOkP7p.jpg
multiples benefits from this quest

2LGkjuL.jpgl3aB0jn.jpg
You find Annette in the dining bar too, so you can also increase her support leve.

After doing the optional quests (I think they are!?), talk to Dimitri who is in the dormitry area.

jLE9VSD.jpg
He will give you more important information about certain things in this game.

Faculty training
s0EYlwc.jpgR5NDFsO.jpgqZko9pq.jpg

Recruting
TW8mrVK.jpgK4WBSeS.jpgZsJF2PO.jpgM2ygrqK.jpg
As mentioned earlier it is possible to recruit units from the other units. But to recruit them the protagonist must have certain stats on a certain level. For now it should not be possible to recruit anyonre. It is the same like in Persona for starting social links. Some of them require certain personal skills of the protagonist on advanced level.

Quest Leading The Charge
ijyetbx.jpgDp6lZUw.jpg
1. Talk to Jeralt, who is very close to the spot Dimitri is located.

DtT612F.jpg
2. Go to the school building (I believe 2nd floor) to find this.

wLAR1EE.jpgdP7WATa.jpg
3. Go back to report.

kQHjugh.jpg
Calling it a day.

Spoiler

12th May

Now we are going to learn how school works in this game.

Instructions
GB9FTZS.jpgVq7cZCt.jpgp79k8PV.jpg
Instuct means to teach the weapon level of an unit. The higher the unit's motivation, the better the success (= exp. gain) will be.

E1jZLtj.jpgCgAn1mW.jpgye9bd9j.jpgesMmTdD.jpg

9Xmm74Q.jpgO0kfgAG.jpgNhZE5QM.jpgi1HdJxi.jpg
That is where the strengths and weaknesses comes to play. If an unit has a strength in that weapon type, it will gain faster weapon experience. Opposite happens, if it is a weakness.
Some skills also let the professor experience increase. So it would be wise to pick a weapon type which is a strength of the instructed unit and also increaser of the professor's experience.

ErR56ur.jpg7jhXD3g.jpggyCKYGB.jpgrBN45N4.jpg

k71Rdex.jpgDrhYh9k.jpgRrOmxuV.jpgX6PY2Uv.jpgxcgP4nD.jpg
As stated before the success of the instruction is based on the unit's motivation. Do some activities with the unit to increase it. It is a relative easy circle.

Group tasks
1f1JZfF.jpgMSrKaWw.jpgEC25LFZ.jpg4vwtkHI.jpg
Each task increases a weapon type. You see it on the weapon icon. Means you should pick characters who have an affinity / strength for this weapon type.

PS: I did not pay attention when I picked the group task.

Certification exams
poxwYS3.jpgMHwhL27.jpgGfGSasU.jpgZSTMpWe.jpgVw8VHpT.jpggzjQPcS.jpg
This is how classchanging works apparently. Honestly I am not bothering with it right now since I am afraid to screw up with this. I will give my units a few levels and weapon level upgrades before I will do it.

bRTMNjE.jpgAFxLH5g.jpg
I picked this group task blindly. Since only Ingrid has an affinity for horses, the predicted success will not be all that great.

OHBPjDb.jpg
Annette is the first instructed unit since there is a double strength in authority.

cPAo4nT.jpggVfCUpv.jpg
The results are totally random. The better the result, the higher the weapon experience gain.

vLLCsxK.jpg
Instructing someone also increases the bond.

VhC8vOF.jpg
As consequence the motivation dropped. Activities with her will let rise it again.

10h3TIn.jpg
Dimitri is next who also has a double strength.

AcvEqtL.jpg
The best result!

k5AUY8C.jpg
If it happens, you can praise...

oY64K3C.jpg
... which also increases the bond.

OqkI4Za.jpg
He got a weapon level up in swords.

Lecturing
slT0M0V.jpgf9h0S0P.jpg
If you lecture, someone will ask you a question regarding social skills or something like it. It is definitely not a question regarding general knowledge or knowledge about this game.

2MivYSj.jpgSUnBLsQ.jpg
A good answer increases the motivation.

skdcPiS.jpg
Teaching lasts six days.

The result of the group task:
EGIF9wI.jpguVzDntM.jpg6BTWNG7.jpgvoQEulF.jpg
Could have been worse, I guess.

FnoRatj.jpg
After the teaching is over, everyone gains weapon level experience.

18th May
Raphael's birthday - sent him flowers for 200 gold

IcQMsgE.jpgsdv5vhx.jpg
Another battle is coming up.

Battalions
kmWHUgQ.jpgQ4G6PVy.jpg5yEcX3d.jpg7EOjzyk.jpgXr9lQYm.jpg566ydYc.jpg
These seem to be a kind of support to regular attacks.

giopMOK.jpglPJcr9W.jpgeJUH4q7.jpg
So these battalions have a kind of special effect which inflict status ailments to the enemy like immobility and not being able to counterattack.

hcD35vn.jpgdH5Gbfd.jpg
This looks like a team-attack. 

These things sound nice, if I know how to make good use of them. I still did not quite understand when and how it triggers, but hopefully I will find out on my own.

eQZwIgJ.jpg
Everyone may be deployed.

Map
t41sM4I.jpg

m7457Aa.jpg
CUhM7wO.jpg
I screwed up in showing the map once more since it is awkward to capture with the weird incline, but also forgot to shrink the image's size to show them as a whole together. Hopefully will I get it next time...

The enemies are right of my team.

You might notice the yellow and purple icons of some spaces. Like in FE13 and Fates they will give some kind of reward for sure.

r1QjLHx.jpg0h9mivS.jpg
Enemies lance users who are not too scary. Their leader drops some money.

DXtvtJl.jpg
This can be restored.

0P46U0j.jpg
Activating the battalion command. The damage output is increased, but the hitrate not unfortunately.

aT3JhED.jpg
It might look epic, but it brought absolutely NOTHING.

3nZo5yj.jpg
Rose and Felix block the enemies. They should do fine in the forest.

7h8CiwM.jpg
excellent!

tgVzuDZ.jpg
unlike this

Second bad level up of the avatar already.

BTW I have not mentioned it before, but this game features a total new stat charm (cha). This stat affects the buffs of a gambit from what people have told me.

B8xlzWU.jpgdsLWx1B.jpg
first gambit

gQnuFgG.jpg
And again much ado about nothing...

eeqZ1EK.jpg
I never have shown magic animation, did I? So here...

7DauHLX.jpgATy9eV9.jpg7h2ubWq.jpg
Since Rose gets attacked a lot and ORKO'es them all - if she does not oneshot them with a crit - she got plenty of kills. A bit too many honestly. I am not fond of her so far. Her speed leaves to be desired, and this stat matters since weapon weight has an essential role in this game.

PxsNnuH.jpg
He does better so far.

oDQphq6.jpg
Oh, batallions can level up too.

cC1JuNg.jpg
Only four enemies are left. This chapter went really quick so fast, mainly because Rose and Felix got the majority of the kills. It is a missed opportunity of sharing experience. Really bad play by myself...

qQXMrvX.jpg
I changed Felix weapon not to let him ORKO everything. 

zl8D03g.jpg60Td4rn.jpg6eMIGPe.jpg
first hit

v8bAAlt.jpg
Finally someone else could get a level up. Ashe, Sylvain and Mercedes have not got one single level up yet. 😞

rpDsBvS.jpgvSvxKQP.jpg
Coloured tiles give even multiple rewards.

MsLrScs.jpgKl63xIP.jpg
Final kill goes to someone who has not done anything yet, but not enough for a level up yet.

gbVJ6yY.jpg
I played this chapter pretty badly. Focussed too much on two units.

Also I will do two more parts and then switch to video commentary run with an obtained capture card since it takes a "bit" too long for making one part by uploading to and downloading from Twitter.

Edited by Rosalina