Time Management

Hey all. I. 17 hours in chapter 8.

Feel like my (M)Byleth is not gaining enough proficiency in any weapons. I mainly used Swords and only at C rank. I spend most Activity points building motivation in my students so not left for me to use Faculty. 

So I wanted to see how are you guys spending your time in Three Houses to build Byleth? How do you manage the little time we get to increase his proficiency in Weapons and still build your students?

Edited by FabledKnight
Grammar

Just used all my 3 points on a Byleth only faculty training Sunday. Rhea, Manuela and Henneman (faith and reason x2) just after the red canyon battle. With a bit of choir practice, Byleth can now cast Heal. Then I'll turn her into a monk and start building up my magic. I'll let you know if it was worth it.

Edited by Taho

Fish. No, seriously. Build up a stockpile of bait, wait for a 'Good Fishing' day, then go wild. It's the fastest way to build up Professor XP, which is the fastest way to get more time for training and the like. In general though, it's normal for skill to plateau around C.

4 hours ago, Onestep said:

Fish. No, seriously. Build up a stockpile of bait, wait for a 'Good Fishing' day, then go wild. 

Does getting perfect affects the number of professor level points? 

4 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Does getting perfect affects the number of professor level points? 

I think it increases the chance of getting a rarer fish, which does increase the level of professor points gained.

Yeah fishing looks like the best efficient way to build your professor levels in general as mentioned above if you fish on a good fishing day and it doesnt cost anything you can use for other activities but bait which is pretty easy to obtain.

1 hour ago, Onestep said:

I think it increases the chance of getting a rarer fish, which does increase the level of professor points gained.

Thanks for the info. Another thing: what do people recommend for Choir in terms of students? From my own house or those students you plan to recruit? Currently still on early Chapter 2. 

There are two free ways to build up professor EXP.

The first is gardening, which gives you by far the most. It gives you about 100 exp per level of cultivation, so essentially it lets you just straight trade cash for exp every week, which is pretty good.

The second is fishing, which is limited by bait.

AFTER you complete the side quest to open up trade routes (it's a battle), merchants will show up, who will sell items. They have limited stock, but will sell you bait, gifts, tea, and seeds.

Fishing gives limited results, as you only get a max of 30 exp for catching a gold fish (that's excluding the white fish, which seems to be extremely rare. Using 5 -star bait, I only got it to show up once in 40 minutes, and promptly failed to catch it, so I have no idea how much it gives). That said, it is free exp, so use it as you will.

@Ririn: Choir is an odd one, as it's the only way to get professor exp and skill level up. If you're going for faith (which you can use to recruit Lystheia and Annette), it seems to be pretty darn useful, but you may want to wait until you change it to a strength for byleth.

Also, there isn't much point in increasing support for your own students as you can just grind that out in battles, but it will give skill exp for the students you use it on, so it's up to you.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I think Exploration / battle / something else (seminar or resting) makes for a pretty balanced month. I spent too much time exploring early game. Once a month is really enough.

51 minutes ago, Taho said:

I think Exploration / battle / something else (seminar or resting) makes for a pretty balanced month. I spent too much time exploring early game. Once a month is really enough.

I haven't done the math, but so far, I haven't found seminars really useful. They give about 20-40 exp for 2+ stats to a bunch of characters, but there are some problems with that.

For Byleth, the gains are much better by doing personalized tutoring, which can be done at least twice for each skill during exploration and can give greats or perfects.

For the students, they gain a ton of exp through both instruction and regular study, to the point that I got most units up to B by the start of the fourth month. You can also grind specific skills a bit in battles as well.

4 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

@Ririn: Choir is an odd one, as it's the only way to get professor exp and skill level up. If you're going for faith (which you can use to recruit Lystheia and Annette), it seems to be pretty darn useful, but you may want to wait until you change it to a strength for byleth.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already but I tried having students of my house versus the other students and I noticed the following:

Testing with Blue Lions route

Scenario 1: Both students outside your house, both with proficient icon in the choir menu.

-Gives Faith 7 xp and Authority 2 xp

-Professor Exp 200

Scenario 2: Both students outside your house, both without proficiency icon in the choir menu

-Professor Exp 100

Scenario 3: Both students from your class,  both with proficiency icon in choir menu

- Lack data. It seems Annette is the only one who has a proficient icon in BL house for the choir.  Unless, the proficiency icon is random every Sunday? Also for those whose house is from BE, if you have time kindly test it. 

Scenario 4: Annette + One student from other house,  both with proficiency icon

-Annette gained Faith Exp 

-Professor Xp 200

Scenario 5: Annette (with proficiency icon) + One student from your own house ( without proficiency icon) 

- Both Annette and Mercedes earn Faith xp

-Professor Xp 150

I tried using student with weakness icon to them but they give less professor exp so it quite unproductive to use them during choir  practice. 

I was wondering about that. It does seem that the professor exp is based on the "success" of an activity, so it does make sense.

Also, as far as I can tell, the "proficiency" for choir and cooking never changes, unless there's some sort of special event.

The absolute most exp I've found so far is from correctly answering a student's question, which gives 1,000. I'm not sure if these are triggered randomly or predetermined.

Edited by dragonlordsd