FE3 Translation Patch "Bugfix" Update [Current Version: 0.22]

Robert Stewart

Would it be possible to translate some of the Japanese text during the class scroll? So that it says attack, defense, etc. Only HP and Exp are translated into English, the rest is unfinished. Not sure if this is outside the scope of this patch but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Screenshot (79).png

• 1 year later...

Yeah I had the same issue as BlueFalcon29... Would help very much. Was planning on trying the Fan Translation out, but that stats in Japanese still bugs me.

Also for some reason the Music ends early in the Class Roll before Marth arrives on screen a youtube video even shows these flaws off

Here's a link, Robert...hope you don't mind I just want to help for a definitive patch for English speaking players.

You can find my comment on the posters videos comment.

Thank you so much!!

https://youtu.be/_1l9ciCnDBg

Yeah I had the same issue as BlueFalcon29... Would help very much. Was planning on trying the Fan Translation out, but that stats in Japanese still bugs me.

Also for some reason the Music ends early in the Class Roll before Marth arrives on screen a youtube video even shows these flaws off

Here's a link, Robert...hope you don't mind I just want to help for a definitive patch for English speaking players.

You can find my comment on the posters videos comment.

Thank you so much!!

https://youtu.be/_1l9ciCnDBg

Edited by GeoOfAkaneia
Did not mean to send the same thing twice that was a glitch on my side! Apologies

2 hours ago, GeoOfAkaneia said:

Probably a side effect of the class roll text being longer in the English than in Japanese. The same thing happens with the music on the end credits in both books.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:51 PM, BlueFalcon29 said:

Would it be possible to translate some of the Japanese text during the class scroll? So that it says attack, defense, etc. Only HP and Exp are translated into English, the rest is unfinished. Not sure if this is outside the scope of this patch but thought I'd mention it anyway.

It is outside the scope of the patch. Too much work for me for something most players are likely going to skip anyway.

Outside of fixing typos or glitches, I won't be doing any more work on this patch.

I see thank you very much.

You see I found out a modder found a method to dump a ROM of a legally obtained Copy of Mystery of The Emblem, translate it; then put it back on the cart with the new patch by some soldering work. I don't know anything about soldering and he offers to do the soldering for 30 bucks. He doesn't get paid to mod the game, it's him doing the work with the tools he provides for those who can't do it.

I was always told if you dump your own legal copy you can patch it as you see fit as it's your property. I'd rather do that than emulators, everdrives and repros.

Thank you! Hope you don't mind or even give your thoughts 😊

Bumping this because there is a new version out! Don't get your hopes up for any script changes or new translations, though. I'm just fixing bugs.

Specifically, fighting Gazzack with animations off would break all subsequent sound. Goes to show how may people play with animations on or with the sound muted. Do that less often so bugs like this get noticed!

The update is on Github and should be on RHDN.

Another bugfix! This is a bit bigger, though. Turns out the text that's supposed to show when a vendor or secret shop sells to the supply was borked because of a missing 0 byte.

Pretty sure this isn't my fault, but I still didn't catch it in the initial updates, so...I guess it still is my fault. :v

It's on Github and should be on RHDN soon.

3 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Another bugfix! This is a bit bigger, though. Turns out the text that's supposed to show when a vendor or secret shop sells to the supply was borked because of a missing 0 byte.

Pretty sure this isn't my fault, but I still didn't catch it in the initial updates, so...I guess it still is my fault. :v

It's on Github and should be on RHDN soon.

By the way, did you managed to change some of the Book 2 character's names to their localized names that appeared in Heroes and the Choose Your Legends Poll such as "Sheena", "Roderick", "Feena", etc.? Also, I think Fire Emblem: Three Houses was the only Fire Emblem localized game that had Dismount Mechanic returned, I don't remember what class was called when dismounting Cavaliers, Paladins, Pegasus Knights, & Wyvern Knights in Three Houses. I know that there was "Knight" name has already been used for those Heavy Armored Knights class that might be little bit confused to new players who hadn't played Mystery of the Emblem yet who played a lot of Fire Emblem games in the series.

Edited by King Marth 64

On 4/15/2022 at 2:27 AM, King Marth 64 said:

By the way, did you managed to change some of the Book 2 character's names to their localized names that appeared in Heroes and the Choose Your Legends Poll such as "Sheena", "Roderick", "Feena", etc.?

No and I don't intend to. It's out of scope for this project.

• 5 months later...

This question was brought up earlier on the same page and my answer to it is the same. It's out of scope of my work.

I don't consider it important since you can looks up the class stats online.

• 9 months later...

I have found some text errors durring my playtrough. Maybe in the future they will be fixed.

img_4290j9cuk.jpeg

"Sirus"

img_4276bset5.jpeg

"dangerious"

img_4275bbiyj.jpeg

"Akeneia"

img_4267qef30.jpeg

"Pince"

img_429130f2t.jpeg

"Ellis"

Thats all I've found. Maybe there are other errors, but couldn't find them.

• 5 months later...