True Hit - 1RN or 2RN

20 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

In the very first map I missed a 98. Preeeettty sure it's 1 RN

People have been struck by lightning before, and others have won the lottery.

You probably just got REALLY unlucky

We won't know until people start cracking the game open. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

People have been struck by lightning before, and others have won the lottery.

You probably just got REALLY unlucky

We won't know until people start cracking the game open. 

Or logging hundreds (if not thousands) of results.

Even if I don't have the game, I'd be surprised if Fates' RN system didn't carry over.  It was the fairest IMO.

(start a project, perhaps?)

Edited by eclipse

Dunno for sure, but it definitely feels like 1RN.

It's a bit of a shame for high-hit dodge-tanks, but that just means armor bois get to remain relevant despite their awful movement.  Doesn't stop Petra and Bernie from absolutely murdering things though, lmao.

4 hours ago, Technoweirdo said:

Aside: Feels a little strange hitting swordsmen with axes after so long. lol

It generally feels odd just casting aside the weapon triangle.  I find myself using swords against axes, lances against swords, and axes against lances just by instinct.

And from this thread so far, we've learnt that everyone's experiences color their perceptions. Personally, I'm inclined to think 2RN, but it really could go either way. We'll need to crack the game open to know for sure.

yeah probably. overtime it will become clear. im just saying i've played FE7 for many many years and i haven't whiffed consistent 90%s in a row. and i've already done that in this game. My felix missed 2 92%s on lonato and almost got himself killed. and ive only played this game a limited amount of time. now sure, that could never happen again. but the fact that its already happened on top of other goofy rng like enemy critting all the time at low % has me guessing its the other way around.

23 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

In the very first map I missed a 98. Preeeettty sure it's 1 RN

In a 1 RN system, you have a 2% chance of missing a 98. In the FE6-13 2RN system, you have 0.06% chance of missing a 98. In the Fates/SoV 2RN system, you have 00.37% chance of missing a 98.

Overall, it is still really small numbers.

12 hours ago, Tsak said:

Its definitely 1RN rng. it's been trolling me. i've seen a couple crits on the enemy side. they almost rival my amount of crits lol

Critical hits were always 1RN. Only hitting was ever 2. Just to clarify this.

Just as a tip for everyone, if this game uses the Fates 2RN system, then keep this in mind. At 75 Displayed, you have an exactly 85% chance of actually hitting, going below 75 brings the number closer to the displayed. Going above 78 also brings you closer to the displayed.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer