Lance of Ruin [SPOILER ALERT]

Does anyone know if you can get the Lance of Ruin after chapter 5? I have read that Sylvain gets the lance after that chapter but I have recruited him un chapter 6 and he does not have it.

It would be a shame if i can’t...

Yes, that’s exactly what happened to me but I don’t know what would have happened if we had recruited Sylvain for that moment. I’ll be crossing fingers to find a way to obtain it... maybe a paralogue for Sylvain or something? I don’t know if he has a paralogue... but if someone knows how to do it, I”ll apreciate the help 😁.

In the Blue Lions path, after that Chapter, I believe I said no to Rhea (for her wanting to keep the lance), then Sylvain said he will keep it safe, and it was in his inventory. You might get it after you complete his paralogue if you didn't get it at that point.

Edited by ShadowMario3

• 2 weeks later...

I had recruited Sylvain specifically for the mission (I thought it would be funny to have him get the first and last hit, which I managed, it was actually pretty sad). When Rhea asked for me to return the lance I told her no (thinking if I kept it I could give it to Sylvain). Sylvain then stepped up and said he had been given permission to have it, at which point Rhea allowed him to keep it.

I'm playing Black Eagles, by the way. I'm actually curious what would have happened if I had given the lance back. Would he have still stepped up to take it himself?

Edited by Byrdsfly
Left out part of a sentence.

2 hours ago, Byrdsfly said:

I'm playing Black Eagles, by the way. I'm actually curious what would have happened if I had given the lance back. Would he have still stepped up to take it himself?

You do give it to her, and it gets sent back to House Gautier.  At some point later if Sylvain is in your class/recruited for a mission you'll get a paralogue where you're tasked with routing some bandits in Gautier territory, and Sylvain's father will reward him with the Lance of Ruin after completing the task.

If he isn't in your class or recruited, I assume nothing happens.

44 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

What's the reward then?

I imagine the reward is all the other stuff you get from completing the paralogue.  Because you do get money for defeating all the bandits and items from certain ones.

I think the reason it's a reward for Sylvain's paralogue is so that the trade-off between giving the Lance of Ruin to Rhea or keeping it yourself isn't so steep.  Because the current trade-off is either getting the relic immediately (assuming you have Sylvain in your party) or boosting your bond with Rhea a bit at the expense of having to wait a little bit to obtain the relic - a trade-off that I think is rather fair.

• 8 months later...