Remove and replace a fighter from Ultimate (newcomers only); be civil

Perkilator

Just as the title says, so to keep the “Everyone is Here!” thing alive. But don’t forget to be civil about it.

Personally, I’d remove Isabelle (keep her Assist Trophy) and Hero (don’t care much for Dragon Quest) and I’d replace Isabelle with Mimkyu and Hero with Ryu Hayabusa.

Edited by Perkilator

Remove Piranha Plant for a more interesting character.

Harvest Goddess

DQ Slime

Jibanyan

Monokuma

38 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Edit: Oh, and as much as I love Piranha Plant, remove him for Bandana Dee.

AMEN! Yeet that plant pot.

remove chrom replace with gharnef for some fe villain rep and unique moveset

remove ken replace with chun'li for variety

remove richter replace with alucard for variety

remove banjoo kazoiee replace with king hippo to piss people off because the things got enough third party characters as is and i like to get villain or aleast enemy rep on there

remove dark samus replace with a dark samus with a unique moveset

remove daisy replace with cackuletta for the mario rpg side of things

Remove Chrom and replace him with Black Knight or Ephraim.

Remove K. Rool and replace him with Dixie Kong (though realistically, both should be in).

I also agree with replacing Incineroar with Decidueye.

New for new, echo for echo. Can't force them to make a full new character here (other wise the possibilities would be endless).

Much as I'd have loved Sceptile in Smash, I have to pick something else for Incineroar. Alolan and something I feel could be marketed- Kommo-o! It could have a fighting esque build, but one with ranges sound attacks and using the tail as well. It's this or Bewear and even more salt.

I mean, Tom Nook could have been an interesting fighter and more different than Isabelle is.

I want to say Joker for Stocke so bad. But that wouldn't be fair to be Persona fans (Or is that FE fans? I dunno)

But to be fair the only one I actually want gone is Incineroar.

Richter for Juste Belmont.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I also agree with replacing Incineroar with Decidueye.

I'm surprised it wasn't this way in the first place, isn't Decidueye much more popular than Incineroar?

On topic: Agree with this 100%.

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

i'd remove isabelle for rex and pyra

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm surprised it wasn't this way in the first place, isn't Decidueye much more popular than Incineroar?

Yeah, Incineroar is the least popular of the three while Primarina may be the most popular, at least in Japan. I saw a poll once that had Primarina higher than the other two. The overall winner was Rowlet. It was a poll for Japan's favorite Alola Pokemon.

Primarina would've been awkward to implement though, due to not having lower limbs to jump, walk, and run on. It would've had to function something like Ruto in Hyrule Warriors (she "runs" by "flying" with water) and that probably would've been harder to animate than just normal walking and running and jumping.

Oh, and I also agree with Rex and Pyra/Mythra over Isabelle.

Edited by Anacybele

I would switch Incineroar out for literally any other Pokémon (like Eevee/Blaziken/Sceptile/Decidueye/Lycanroc), swap out Ken for Zero (from Megaman X), turn Dark Samus back into an Assist Trophy and make Knuckles playable and while I am okay with Dragon Quest's Hero being in Smash if I could have another Final Fantasy character (like Terra/Cecil/Warrior of Light) instead I would trade the Dragon Quest rep out for another Final Fantasy character.

I can't. All the newcomers in Ultimate are great. Even the ones that were dumb in terms of concept are really charming in practice. And the Smash roster has been "complete" in my eyes since Brawl with the only glaring omission being Ridley who's now in. I guess I'd replace Chrom with any other Fire Emblem sword lord...but if Chrom weren't in the game, my Chrum mii fighter wouldn't be quite as funny. But with how low effort echo fighters are to make, I have a tentative "yes" to all of them since they're going to make somebody happy.

Edited by Glennstavos

17 hours ago, NobodiePichu said:

remove dark samus replace with a dark samus with a unique moveset

Why stop there when you can make the bizarre play of adding someone who DOESN'T have Samus in their name? If I dropped Dark Samus, it'd be for the SA-X one of the characters from Prime Hunters, probably Weavel for the extra Space Pirate representation and the fact that I think he has the best potential for an interesting new moveset.

42 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Why stop there when you can make the bizarre play of adding someone who DOESN'T have Samus in their name? If I dropped Dark Samus, it'd be for the SA-X one of the characters from Prime Hunters, probably Weavel for the extra Space Pirate representation and the fact that I think he has the best potential for an interesting new moveset.

i do have a bit of fondness for dark samus, i just kinda wish the moveset was different as opposed to simply being an echo (granted if i could i would totally rehaul roy and lucina to have more unique movesets of their own as well) but if i had to chose another metorid villain it probably would be one of the prime hunter characters (sylux since hes appearently going to be important in future metroid prime stuff, but weavel is a good choice too and more unexpected and weird which i like)

at its most ridiculous i would totally chose kraid or mother brain though.

23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Incineroar is the least popular of the three while Primarina may be the most popular, at least in Japan. I saw a poll once that had Primarina higher than the other two. The overall winner was Rowlet. It was a poll for Japan's favorite Alola Pokémon.

I assumed since people wanted it in Pokken, that it was the most popular out of the starter pokemon.

• 3 weeks later...

Chrom easily gets the boot in favor of young tiki.

Though even goomba would be better than chrom in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Ridley is fine, a character people have wanted for a while and worthy to be in.

Same applies to the King K., as well as Simon, although personally I would've preferred if they did something similar to Hero and bundled Simon, Richter, Trevor, and Juste Belmont into one fighter with different appearances. While it means fewer skins for each character, it's more representation overall and I like it.

Inkling also gets a pass, since come on, it's Inkling. 

Daisy is eh, I non-ironically would've preferred Waluigi, since his moveset would've been more unique. Just make her one of Peach's skins.

Dark Samus, same thing, make her one of Samus's skins. Instead, get the three hunters from Prime 3, and have them do a Pokemon Trainer style switch thing.

Incineroar, I care very little for Pokemon, but Mr. Roar is the coolest. That water one looks lame, and the Grass Emo one probably would've had a lame moveset with spam projectiles, so probably the right choice.

Isabelle, I would've personally gone for Mr. Resetti, mainly because I'm really curious for his moveset.

A lot of people say Chun-Li over Ken, I say M. Bison, since you gotta have that villain representation.

Chrom is Chrom. This was mainly Sakurai fulfilling on a meme four years in the making. If I had to replace him, I'd either make the Black Knight a fully fledged character, or do another Pokemon Trainer esc thing with the FE7 lords (I just really want to see Pokemon Trainer's ideas on another character, they're so cool)

Piranha Plant is such a meme and I love it, he's perfect, keep as is.

Joker is so fun that he has to stay.

Dragon Quest, I'm personally not fond, but the series is so important I can't find an equivalent to replace it.

Banjo falls under the Ridley/King K. category.

All of this "replace echo fighter with fully unique fighter" makes me wonder if you people know anything about game development.

But, I guess I would:

• Simon/Richter -> 2B/9S
  • Chrom -> Celica (echo of Robin)
  • Incineroar -> Decidueye if we absolutely needed a new Pokemon, Elma if not
  • Piranha Plant -> Dixie Kong

Pirahna Plant -> Dante

Incineroar -> Crash Bandicoot

Isabelle -> Spyro

Hero stays because his mechanics are too unique to ignore, and I like what DQ brings to this game.

Joker stays because he is perfect. Great choice. Tons of fun to play. Perfect music.

And my picks for the final two:

Geralt of Rivia

A Blizzard Hero (either Tracer from Overwatch or the male and female variants of any given Diablo 3 hero, though I'd prefer the Demon Hunter or Monk).

Edited by Etheus