Anyone else finding Demonic Beast battles annoying?

I thought they were interesting the first time you fight one but ever since then, whenever the game wants you to fight Demonic Beasts, you're always pitted against multiple of them. So you got these giant monsters with a lot of range and a lot of power with multiple HP bars. The worst part? Damage doesn't carry over. So if a Demonic Beast has 57 HP and you do an attack that does 58, that extra point of damage doesn't carry over to the next HP bar. Get rid of that one aspect of these fights and they become 1000% better in my opinion. But that doesn't happen, so these battles just become tedious and annoying. There's even one instance where Demonic Beasts are reinforcements and i just wanna have a nice little chat with whoever at IntSys thought that was a good idea.

Well, the multiple life bar thing does technically benefit you in one way, giving you an attack without counterattack when you break one life bar. So if you don't have the power to knock a life bar out in one shot, and have to whittle it down, this could be really helpful.

Personally they haven't been that much of an issue so far. The range of them doesn't seem too bad and I haven't had to focus on multiple beasts, even when there were more than two on the map.

I've played Dragon Shadow Spell, which has something exactly like this, so I don't mind it at all. Besides, it's a nice change of pace from the normal style of battling.

As mentioned Beasts alone aren't too threatening, its just really spamming batallions until barriers break. The problem I have is when your surrounded by beasts- suddenly the barriers prove to be really annoying when you can't defeat them in one run. 

I agree with you - I just find them annoying and tedious.  I understand having more of them on the hard difficulty, but I wish that there weren't so many on the regular mode. Glad to hear that other people like them, at least.

I personally find them very fun to slaughter when I have 3-range attacks and at least 5 units around them. I do agree that they can be a nightmare to deal with if you don't have the right setup though.

I find that most beasts can be ORKO'd in player phase with the following strategy. To do this you will need 5 units: two that can attack at range 3 (archers and some mages); one that has very high physical defence (armoured); and two that can deal a ton of damage from range 2 (mages).
Step 1: Attack the beast from range 3 to crack the barrier. Beasts can only attack at range 1-2, so you won't get countered.
As the sole purpose of this attack is the break the barrier, use your weaker range 3 unit here.
Step 2: Attack the broken part of the barrier to shatter it using your high-Def unit. Beasts deal physical damage, so you should survive the counterattack.
Again, a high attack stat isn't vital here as you only need to break the barrier, though more damage can save you if one of the attacks in step 3 misses.
Step 3: Destroy the rest of the first health bar with a range 2 nuke. The beast will be stunned and unable to counterattack, so a fragile mage is best here.
The beast will now regenerate health, but the barrier will still be down!
Step 4: Damage the second health bar with the stronger range 3 unit. You need the beast on low health for step 5 to work!
Step 5: Kill the beast with one last finishing blow from range 2. It can't counterattack you if it's dead!

If the beast has 3 health bars and/or your attacks miss, then just cheese it with gambits.

I thought the beasts were kinda fine but that's when I was just fighting one. Sothis paralogue quickly shows why fighting several at ones is a terrible idea. 

There's just too many factors against you. 

How are you supposed to break the barriers of multiple monsters at once when battalions need to rest?

Where is the space to shield your weaker units from their long movement range?

Where are you supposed to get the units required to beat them all multiple times without one surviving and killing someone when its their turns. I certainly can only bring 9 which isn't enough to kill multiple monsters several times in a single turn. It doesn't help the chapter randomly spawns one next to you too. 

And mechanically the beasts are very hard to predict. They don't do their area of effect spell when you see multiple tiles around them light up, they sometimes don't seem to attack the one the red arrow says they will target and there being one gem on display kinda makes the amount of lives they have hard to keep track up. 

I never found beasts troubling. Hit them with 1 battalion then pound their shields. They're an easy kill after that. Monster combat abilities, blessed weapons, and paying attention to what their weakness is ends them quickly. You don't need to kill a stunned beast to deal with another one coming at you. Just keep them crowd controlled and unable to counter attack. I found their attacks to be less and less of a problem as the game went on.

There was a time when the monsters gave me headache, but now I created strategies to take them down quickly. I just reached the timeskip, so I can only give strategies I used in the first part.

• Seraphim is a great spell against them. I gave my mage the Thyrsus to increase the magic range so they don't counterattack. Archers are also good to stagger them with the extended range they can get.
  • Crest weapons seems to be quite effective against them as well. Byleth and Catherine did good work on them.
  • Better to have a bulky unit to draw their attack towards him. I had a brawler Fortress Knight, and he made the fight against them too easy. Optionally had axe usage, but rarely used.
  • Check all the tiles which the monster occupies. You might find one where you can deal more damage.
  • Also had a Swordmaster who could double them. Best used when the monster is staggered for the extra damage. Could also work if evasion is high enough.
  • Use Gambits!! They can also stun the monsters, and they won't counterattack. Maybe with a mounted unit, so they can move away after the attack.