Paralogues information (Maybe spoilers)

Nio

So yeah, i have been searching and there is little information about Paralogues. Im starting this topic so we can share the information about paralogues like rewards (some Hero relic level of weapons) the units required to do the paralogues, etc.

So for example post time skip i got 3 paralogues. One for Edelgard, one for Hubert and one for Lindhardt with Leonie. Im curious about the last one, because it gave me The Inexhaustible, a beast of Bow for Bernadetta's crest (so for her) and it looks i wont get it if i dont recruit Leonie? So if we want some of the best weapons we need to recruit other students.

So there are couple weapons i would like to get/know how to get. For example, The Sword of Moralta for Felix, is there a quest for it? Hilda's weapon needs a Divided World paralogue, who needs to be on the team to get that paralogue? etc etc.

So please share your experiences with them , what units it requires and what items you get from them.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems it also has to do with your members, like I got a quest fighting Death Knight in a forest with Casper and Mercedes, I was playing Black Eagle Rhea path

Spoiler

Put two of them right in front of of Death Knight, with a sea of enemy between my main force. Followed by some reinforcement right next to Mercedes.

So obviously this quest only shows up if you have both of them and not siding with Edelgard.

Sword of Moralta? In my BE playthrough, when I recruited Felix, I unlocked a paralogue where he got the Aegis shield not Sword of Moralta. 

1 hour ago, wonchwonch said:

I'm also curious whether the paralogues are exclusive to certain routes pre time skip, does anyone know? 

From what i saw pre time skip, you can do most if not all of them (related to your house) because you can borrow students for a month. Also, if one of the paralogues of your house requires an student from another one (like Dorothea and Ingrid) you can just do it, the other unit would just join.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'd like to know this as well. I'm in the post-timeskip (Black Eagle route) and I really want to make sure I don't miss out on special weapons, Bernadetta's especially.

So here is where it gets interesting. I was able to get Bernadettas bow, The Inexhaustable by doing a paralogue post skip with Linhardt and Leonnie. It would be good to know if you can get it without Leonnie in the eagles house.

1 minute ago, Zoderos said:

Sword of Moralta? In my BE playthrough, when I recruited Felix, I unlocked a paralogue where he got the Aegis shield not Sword of Moralta. 

Yep but thats pre skip. Those relics/saint/legendary weapons are post skip and you can get them with other paralogues. What im not sure is if you need all the units to do it (like in my case Lindhardt and Leonnie for Bernadettas weapon) so do i need felix AND another student to get the Sword of Moralta for that paralogue?

What i would like to do is a list of the paralogues names post skip and who needs to be on the team to get it.

1 hour ago, Nio said:

From what i saw pre time skip, you can do most if not all of them (related to your house) because you can borrow students for a month. Also, if one of the paralogues of your house requires an student from another one (like Dorothea and Ingrid) you can just do it, the other unit would just join.

So here is where it gets interesting. I was able to get Bernadettas bow, The Inexhaustable by doing a paralogue post skip with Linhardt and Leonnie. It would be good to know if you can get it without Leonnie in the eagles house.

I'm going to guess that Pre-timeskip Paralogues only require one member. Playing through Black Eagles, I got Rumored Nupitals, which had Dorothea and Ingrid. Naturally I had Dorothea, but I did nothing with Ingrid. No supports or recruitment. I didn't get Death Toll, as I didn't do anything with Raphael or Ignatz.

Post-timeskip I imagine would need both characters since all the students aren't around.

20 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Playing Golden Deer, I got Hilda’s weapon in a paralogue with her and Cyril.

Does Cyril feel like an Est or Villager character? (requires a bit more investments than others)

If you are planning on level or weapon exp grinding, the Sothis paralogue (Tales of the Red Canyon) has a chest that contains a Knowledge Gem (extra weapon exp when equipped) and the Manuela & Hanneman paralogue (Oil & Water) has an archer with an Experience Gem (extra level exp when equipped). Just like Rings/Shields, you can't equip both at the same time.

Should note that you only have until 1/25 to complete Tales of the Red Canyon. which is before most of the other paralogues.

Also heard that Lorenz' paralogue apparently has an item that gives +2 range to magic. This, stacked on top of Black Magic Range +1 (Reason at S) seems pretty useful.

7 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Gotta say, I had to do a double take when looking at the boss of the Linhardt and Leonie paralogue to get Bernadetta's bow.

Like, holy cow!

Yep, what a beast of a boss, but i like it. The multi space bosses are a really nice adition.

19 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Playing Golden Deer, I got Hilda’s weapon in a paralogue with her and Cyril.

Thanks a lot! Please let us know if there are others for the Deers route.

So just got a Rafail Gem from a post skip paralogue with Caspar and Mercedes. This one can only be obtained via church route. So it does look like we get most of the heroes/crest weapons with units from other houses.

3 hours ago, SheriffMcDuck said:

I did the Dorothea/Ingrid paralogue and only received a Goddess Ring.

Is that because I only have Dorothea on my team?

No, thats because those are pre skip paralogues, nothing great with them. Post skip give really good loot.

Edit: Just got Ochain Shield (crest of Cichol) and Lance of Zoltan from a paralogue with Ferdinand and Lysithea. Again, looks like the best weapon needs students from other houses.

Edited by Nio

4 hours ago, SheriffMcDuck said:

I did the Dorothea/Ingrid paralogue and only received a Goddess Ring.

Is that because I only have Dorothea on my team?

2 hours ago, Nio said:

No, thats because those are pre skip paralogues, nothing great with them. Post skip give really good loot.

Edit: Just got Ochain Shield (crest of Cichol) and Lance of Zoltan from a paralogue with Ferdinand and Lysithea. Again, looks like the best weapon needs students from other houses.

I don't think that's true. I went BL and recruited Dorothea and got both the goddess ring and Luin from their paralogue pre-skip. In fact, I've gotten a ton of relics and special weapons from pre-skip paralogues. (So far, Lance of Ruin, Luin, Spear of Assal, Thyrsus, Aegis shield, and the whatever the Cethleann staff is called. I'm working on Hilda's now.) It is indeed probably because they didn't have Ingrid that they didn't receive her Relic.

1 hour ago, CATastrophe said:

I don't think that's true. I went BL and recruited Dorothea and got both the goddess ring and Luin from their paralogue pre-skip. In fact, I've gotten a ton of relics and special weapons from pre-skip paralogues. (So far, Lance of Ruin, Luin, Spear of Assal, Thyrsus, Aegis shield, and the whatever the Cethleann staff is called. I'm working on Hilda's now.) It is indeed probably because they didn't have Ingrid that they didn't receive her Relic.

Wait so you miss out on some Relics if you don't have both recruited? Well darn. Guess I'll have to actually recruit Dorothea for my upcoming BL run. That's going to make things a little more difficult.

What's Thyrsus from?

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Wait so you miss out on some Relics if you don't have both recruited? Well darn. Guess I'll have to actually recruit Dorothea for my upcoming BL run. That's going to make things a little more difficult.

What's Thyrsus from?

It seems that way. Maybe you can get the relics other ways if you recruit the requisite characters after you play the paralogue, but I don't know. I'm not sure about after the skip, but pre-skip it seems the only thing you get from Dorothea is a goddess ring, which you can get other ways.

Thyrsus is from Lorenz's paralogue. 

11 minutes ago, CATastrophe said:

It seems that way. Maybe you can get the relics other ways if you recruit the requisite characters after you play the paralogue, but I don't know. I'm not sure about after the skip, but pre-skip it seems the only thing you get from Dorothea is a goddess ring, which you can get other ways.

Thyrsus is from Lorenz's paralogue. 

The only thing you get from Dorothea is a goddess ring? You saying I might be able to get Luin without the ring on the BL route since I'll obviously already have Ingrid? I don't really care about the ring. I just want to make sure I get the Relic above all else.

Edited by Sentinel07

23 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The only thing you get from Dorothea is a goddess ring? You saying I might be able to get Luin without the ring on the BL route since I'll obviously already have Ingrid? I don't really care about the ring. I just want to make sure I get the Relic above all else.

You just need Ingrid to get Luin.

Another cross-house post-skip paralogue is Ferdinand/Lysithea.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I can't be sure since I haven't tried it, but it makes sense. If you're really worried, Dorothea is easy to recruit anyway (Byleth naturally gets a lot of charm and as long as you have a battalion equipped, you should eventually have a high enough authority level).

9 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

You just need Ingrid to get Luin.

Another cross-house post-skip paralogue is Ferdinand/Lysithea.

Perfect. Thank you. I'm not against Dorothea, but there are other characters I want to focus support on once I get to BL. :)

Is Ferdinand/Lysithea a really late one or route exclusive? I have both characters and have not seen it. I'm probably nearing the end of Edelgard's route.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Perfect. Thank you. I'm not against Dorothea, but there are other characters I want to focus support on once I get to BL. 🙂

Is Ferdinand/Lysithea a really late one or route exclusive? I have both characters and have not seen it. I'm probably nearing the end of Edelgard's route.

I’m on Golden Deer, and it unlocked just before the big battle between the three armies.