Paralogues information (Maybe spoilers)

Nio

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CATastrophe said:

It seems that way. Maybe you can get the relics other ways if you recruit the requisite characters after you play the paralogue, but I don't know. I'm not sure about after the skip, but pre-skip it seems the only thing you get from Dorothea is a goddess ring, which you can get other ways.

Thyrsus is from Lorenz's paralogue. 

Thanks, and for Lorentz's paralogue, who do you need?

39 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Hmm, then I'm guessing Edelgard's route doesn't get that. 

Correct, i have done both Edelgard's routes and only happens on the church one.

So, for obvious reasons, both Edelgard and Hubert's post-timeskip Paralogues are exclusive to her route.

Makes me wonder about Petra and Bernadetta's post-timeskip Paralogue though, given it's a fight against Church soldiers. Anyone gotten that one outside of Edelgard's route?

20 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

So, for obvious reasons, both Edelgard and Hubert's post-timeskip Paralogues are exclusive to her route.

Makes me wonder about Petra and Bernadetta's post-timeskip Paralogue though, given it's a fight against Church soldiers. Anyone gotten that one outside of Edelgard's route?

I have watched a version where they fight Imperial Soldiers instead.

So, I think we can safely assume at this point that each playable character is involved in one paralogue. Here’s a list of what we know:

Spoiler

Black Eagles

Edelgard (post-skip) - ???

Hubert (post-skip) - ???

Petra/Bernadetta (post-skip) - ???

Blue Lions

Dimitri (post-skip) - ????

Dedue - ????

Sylvain - (pre-skip) - Lance of Ruin

Annette - ???? - Crusher

Gilbert - ????

Felix - (????) - Aegis Shield (don’t let any villagers die)

Golden Deer

Claude - (post-skip) - Sword of Begalta

Lorenz - (pre-skip) - Thyrsus

Ignatz/Raphael - (pre-skip) - ???? (don’t remember)

Marianne - (post-skip) - Blutgang

Knights/ Faculty

Manuela/Hanneman (pre-skip) - laughs

Shamir/Alois (pre-skip) - Axe of Ukonvasara (??don’t remember)

Seteth/Flayn (pre-skip) - Spear of Assal and Caduceus Staff

Mixed

Dorothea/Ingrid (pre-skip) - Luin

Ferdinand/Lysithea (post-skip) - Shield of Ochain (cannot be done on true Black Eagles Route) (must save all houses)

Caspar/Mercedes (post-skip) - Rafail Gem (cannot be done on true Black Eagles Route?) (must not kill the Death Knight).

Linhardt/Leonie (???) - The Inexhaustible 

Ashe/Catherine (pre-skip) - ??? (Don’t remember)

Hilda/Cyril - Freikugel (This showed up pre-skip for me but curiously showed a due date in May, which means this might carry over post-skip)

Edited by Moonlit Knight

1 hour ago, Moonlit Knight said:

So, I think we can safely assume at this point that each playable character is involved in one paralogue. Here’s a list of what we know:

Hide contents

Black Eagles

Edelgard (post-skip) - Sword of Seiros (?)

Hubert (post-skip) - ???

Petra/Bernadetta (post-skip) - ???

Blue Lions

Dimitri (post-skip) - ????

Dedue - ????

Sylvain - ???? - Lance of Ruin

Annette - ???? - Crusher

Gilbert - ????

Felix - (????) - Aegis Shield

Golden Deer

Claude - (post-skip) - Sword of Begalta

Lorenz - (pre-skip) - Thyrsus

Ignatz/Raphael - (pre-skip) - ???? (don’t remember)

Marianne - (post-skip) - Blutgang

Knights/ Faculty

Manuela/Hanneman (pre-skip) - laughs

Shamir/Alois (pre-skip) - Axe of Ukonvasara (??don’t remember)

Seteth/Flayn (pre-skip) - Spear of Assal and Caduceus Staff

Mixed

Dorothea/Ingrid (pre-skip) - Luin

Ferdinand/Lysithea (post-skip) - ???

Caspar/Mercedes (post-skip) - Rafail Gem

Linhardt/Leonie (???) - The Inexhaustible 

Ashe/Catherine (pre-skip) - ??? (Don’t remember)

Hilda/Cyril - Freikugel (This showed up pre-skip for me but curiously showed a due date in May, which means this might carry over post-skip)

Spoiler

Edelgard doesn't get Sword of Seiros in her post-timeskip Paralogue. At least she didn't for me and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything for it. Not much chance to as Rhea uses that weapon all throughout the route.

Edited by Sentinel07

17 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Edelgard doesn't get Sword of Seiros in her post-timeskip Paralogue. At least she didn't for me and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything for it. Not much chance to as Rhea uses that weapon all throughout the route.

Fixed. Thank you.

Spoiler

I haven’t played Black Eagles yet and I only assumed that since Edelgard wields it in every other route.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

There is also a post timeskip paralogue with Mercedes and Caspar. Got it on the BL route, but it’s possible that it may be available on other routes as well. I’ll put a description under a spoiler, but you get a Hero Relic for it. Might even rival Lorenz’s reward in terms of strength. 

Spoiler

Basically, a scout locates the Death Knight in the Sealed Forest, and Mercedes goes to see if he’s really her brother. Caspar comes along with her, and the objective is to rout every enemy except for the Death Knight. You end up getting the Rafail Gem from the Death Knight after you complete it. It nullifies attack effectiveness and critical hits. It also says that it may halve damage. 

4 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

There is also a post timeskip paralogue with Mercedes and Caspar. Got it on the BL route, but it’s possible that it may be available on other routes as well. I’ll put a description under a spoiler, but you get a Hero Relic for it. Might even rival Lorenz’s reward in terms of strength. 

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, a scout locates the Death Knight in the Sealed Forest, and Mercedes goes to see if he’s really her brother. Caspar comes along with her, and the objective is to rout every enemy except for the Death Knight. You end up getting the Rafail Gem from the Death Knight after you complete it. It nullifies attack effectiveness and critical hits. It also says that it may halve damage. 

Yeah i got it and it is pretty bad (for me at least) cause you dont want that on Mercedes. Again, at least for me. Got it in BE route with Mercedes post skip.

Now im playing Blue Lions route. Any paralogue we know of post skip that requires any student from other houses, that at least give something worth?

I'm not sure if this has been said yet but I got the lance of ruin after doing the chapter where you fight Sylvains brother. I chose the option where I told Rhea I wouldn't give her the lance and after she got mad Sylvain burst in and said his dad told him he could have the lance and I got it

2 hours ago, Nio said:

Yeah i got it and it is pretty bad (for me at least) cause you dont want that on Mercedes. Again, at least for me. Got it in BE route with Mercedes post skip.

Now im playing Blue Lions route. Any paralogue we know of post skip that requires any student from other houses, that at least give something worth?

Since Hero Relics aren’t actually locked to the crest holder, you can give the relic from her paralogue to other units who could use it more. In BL, I gave it to a Falcoknight Ingrid so she could fly into archer range without eating effective damage. At that point, the nullification of critical hits and occasional halving of damage is just a bonus. So if you don’t mind investing into brawling to recruit Caspar in the BL route, I would say it’s definitely worth it for the Relic alone. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

I've been doing some paralogues, let's see if I remember any besides the main one I thought to post in this thread (Petra & Bernie, Black Eagles Route - Edelgard).

Pre-Timeskip
- Ingrid & Dorothea (Goddess Ring?)
- Manuela & Hanneman (Rapier + ???)
- Sothis (Experience Gem?)
- Seteh & Flayn (Battalions - ???)
- Alois & Shamir (???)

Post-Timeskip - Black Eagles, Edelgard's Imperial Route
- Edelgard (Battalions - Almyra Mercenaries + ???)
- Hubert (Arrow of Indra)
- Bernadetta & Petra (Brigid Mercenaries, Brighid Hunters, + ???)

Random notes and discussion (spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

All right, the Petra & Bernadetta one pits you against the Church as Petra goes to Brigid to try and gain allies. Even Catherine shows up as an enemy at some point. It is honestly a great paralogue save for an objective change that can easily catch people off guard (hope you have spare Divine Pulses, or just get lucky with your positioning).

However, the main point here is that this paralogue is heavily tied with Edelgard's route. I don't know if it is rewritten for other routes or is simply absent, as I'm sure the Church are basically allies in all other routes.

As an aside, Huberts and Edelgard's paralogue were also great for the topics they delved into. Hubert delves into why Edelgard is cooperating with "Those Who Slither In The Dark" while Edelgard focuses on an Almyran invasion attempt by Nader (the same guy who helped Claude).  I could easily see them being part of the main campaign, but I guess they are more side story material since the main conflict revolves around the Church.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:36 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Perfect. Thank you. I'm not against Dorothea, but there are other characters I want to focus support on once I get to BL. 🙂

Is Ferdinand/Lysithea a really late one or route exclusive? I have both characters and have not seen it. I'm probably nearing the end of Edelgard's route.

I think it's route exclusive, like Mercedes and Caspar

Spoiler

I finished a pro-Edelgard BE path and never saw it, Lysithea and Ferdinand were there the whole time.

Also there's a post timeskip Bernadetta and Petra paralogue. It gave me some unique battalions for them, but no relics. I did rout rather than arrive, so that might make a difference

Alois and Shamir doesn't seem to give a relic. I completed it without a single pirate entering the village, just got a bigger reward.

For Sothis the knowledge gem is in a chest.

The big one is Lorenz, people have been saying there's a staff that give black magic range +2, but I don't know what the details are on that one.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Here are the paralogues I have gone through in my Blue Lions' playthrough (pre-timeskip):

War for the Weak (Dedue) - No unique items from what I recall.

Oil + Water (Manuela and Hanneman) - Experience Gem (from archer near Manuela, doubles level exp), Rapier off another enemy

Tales of the Red Canyon (Sothis) - Knowledge Gem (from chest, doubles class and weapon skill exp)

Falling Short of Heaven (Ashe and Catherine) - Secret Book (from Vice Bishop enemy), Shoes of the Wind (permanent move increase by 1) and Critical Ring (protect Rhea for both)

Death Toll (Ignatz and Raphael) - No unique items from what I recall, gives you some weapons and an Extra Large Bullion if you keep all Villagers safe

An Ocean View (Seteth and Flayn) - Spear of Assal and Caduceus Staff (increase magic attack range +1)

Dividing the World (Hilda and Cyril) - Hexlock Shield and Large Bullion for protecting all soldiers. Freikugel (axe Hero Relic) on completion

Rumored Nuptials (Ingrid and Dorothea) - Luin,

Sword and Shield of Seiros (Shamir and Alois) - No unique items from what I recall.

Sylvain paralogue - Extra Large Bullion, Longbow, Talisman for defeating all thieves. Don't know about Lance of Ruin since I already got that from Rhea.

Felix paralogue - Aegis Shield if you protect all villagers

Lorenz paralogue - Thyrsus (staff Hero Relic - magic attack range +2, may halve damage)

10 hours ago, ShadowMario3 said:

Here are the paralogues I have gone through in my Blue Lions' playthrough (pre-timeskip):

War for the Weak (Dedue) - No unique items from what I recall.

Oil + Water (Manuela and Hanneman) - Experience Gem (from archer near Manuela, doubles level exp), Rapier off another enemy

Tales of the Red Canyon (Sothis) - Knowledge Gem (from chest, doubles class and weapon skill exp)

Falling Short of Heaven (Ashe and Catherine) - Secret Book (from Vice Bishop enemy), Shoes of the Wind (permanent move increase by 1) and Critical Ring (protect Rhea for both)

Death Toll (Ignatz and Raphael) - No unique items from what I recall, gives you some weapons and an Extra Large Bullion if you keep all Villagers safe

An Ocean View (Seteth and Flayn) - Spear of Assal and Caduceus Staff (increase magic attack range +1)

Dividing the World (Hilda and Cyril) - Hexlock Shield and Large Bullion for protecting all soldiers. Freikugel (axe Hero Relic) on completion

Rumored Nuptials (Ingrid and Dorothea) - Luin,

Sword and Shield of Seiros (Shamir and Alois) - No unique items from what I recall.

Sylvain paralogue - Extra Large Bullion, Longbow, Talisman for defeating all thieves. Don't know about Lance of Ruin since I already got that from Rhea.

Felix paralogue - Aegis Shield if you protect all villagers

Lorenz paralogue - Thyrsus (staff Hero Relic - magic attack range +2, may halve damage)

Thanks a lot for this! Im really interested on post skip cause we need to have some students from other houses and if we dont decide pre skip, we would miss on the goods. Im playing BL now, so please let us now if there are more quest post skip (Like i really want to know about Felix's weapon, i think it is the Sword or Moralta)

So I've been trying to keep track of which Relics we've accounted for.

What about Annette's Crusher? I don't think I've heard that one mentioned yet.

Edit: I've also heard of a Tathlum Bow associated with Mercedes' crest. I know the Rafail Gem is apparently from a Caspar/Mercedes post-skip paralogue.

Edited by Sentinel07

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So I've been trying to keep track of which Relics we've accounted for.

What about Annette's Crusher? I don't think I've heard that one mentioned yet.

Edit: I've also heard of a Tathlum Bow associated with Mercedes' crest. I know the Rafail Gem is apparently from a Caspar/Mercedes post-skip paralogue.

I don’t know about Crusher, but I’m assuming it’s an Annette/Gilbert paralogue since Gilbert has yet to be accounted for. 

The Tathlum Bow looks to be a Saint weapon, not a hero relic (silver not gold), but I don’t know where it is found.

i'm probably on the last chapter now and was wondering why i didn't get lysithea and leonie's paralogues... this seems a little dumb to me, didn't want to recruit characters from other houses bc i wanted to see them fighting for their army and all, but on the other hand it's nice to see that there are paralogues between houses.

i just find it weird that there are 3 for BE, 2 for GD and 1 for BL, they could have made 2 for each house and only pre-skip so you wouldn't miss them

btw the thyrsus hero's relic(crest of gloucester) has +2 mag range and pavise/aegis but i think the chances of them activating are linked to the crest because lysithea gets them mostly all the time 

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Ah, so Annette and Gilbert do have a paralogue in Part 2 together.

Does Gilbert join automatically on the Blue Lions route? That's the one I'm currently on so I'd like to make sure I don't miss it.

I believe Gilbert joins at the first chapter of Part 2.