Paralogues information (Maybe spoilers)

Nio

I think something...odd happened for me.

Edelgard route, post time skip, when paralogues appeared I had 5: Edelgard, Hubert, Petra & Bernadetta, Linhardt & Leonie, Marianne. All of them had the same deadline (end of the 4th month). I did Edelgard's and Hubert's.

Now I'm in month 3 and the paralogues for Petra/Bernadetta and Marianne are still available, but the Linhardt/Leonie one isn't and I have no idea why. Neither of them died. And I definitely didn't do it and forget about it. Is there anything else that could cause this? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/28/2019 at 6:30 PM, Nio said:

For example, The Sword of Moralta for Felix, is there a quest for it?

According to this topic: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77911554#2

The Felix and Dimitri B support gives the "Sword of Zoltan" (they likely meant Sword of Moralta), so it seems to be Blue Lions specific.

Edi: Never mind, Sword of Zoltan seems to be a unique weapon.

Edited by MrPerson0

10 hours ago, Florete said:

Edelgard route, post time skip, when paralogues appeared I had 5: Edelgard, Hubert, Petra & Bernadetta, Linhardt & Leonie, Marianne. All of them had the same deadline (end of the 4th month). I did Edelgard's and Hubert's.

Now I'm in month 3 and the paralogues for Petra/Bernadetta and Marianne are still available, but the Linhardt/Leonie one isn't and I have no idea why. Neither of them died. And I definitely didn't do it and forget about it. Is there anything else that could cause this? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

That same thing happened to me! I had them both, but it just disappeared early. I'm guessing it's bugged. It could be that the wrong date was listed, but I haven't seen any other paralogues that end earlier than they have to. The only paralogue I've seen with an early end date is Sothis's, but there's reason for that too

Spoiler

if i recall correctly, hers ends at the closest time before she and Byleth combine

On 7/30/2019 at 5:42 PM, Nio said:

No, thats because those are pre skip paralogues, nothing great with them. Post skip give really good loot.

Edit: Just got Ochain Shield (crest of Cichol) and Lance of Zoltan from a paralogue with Ferdinand and Lysithea. Again, looks like the best weapon needs students from other houses.

I got Luin for the same mission the other person mentioned and I'm still pre time skip. It's a relic weapon with 17 mt. I played blue lions and recruited Dorothea 

Edited by Kodak76
Wording

Anyone know if "saving all the Duscar forces" in Dedue's paralogue does anything? I imagine this is only possible when overleveled and using the Stride Gambit + Warp to rush down the boss on turn one.

For "partially saving the Duscar forces" I got a Large Bullion and the Duscar Battalion. The top right forces fell (I sent some of mine to "killsteal"), so a part of me wonders if the paralogue may be trigger-based instead of total number of kills. By this I mean that if the top right falls, the reward potential drops, but I'm not sure.

So somebody on reddit did this list:

The full paralogue list:

• Mercedes/Casper
  • Cyril/Hilda
  • Leonie/Lindhardt
  • Dorothea/Ingrid
  • Ashe/Cathrine
  • Shamir/Alois
  • Manuella/Hannemann
  • Anette/Gilbert
  • Ferdinand/Lysethia

I dont know if this is the full list, so if anybody knows about some extra cross house paralogues please tell.

Also, i found the Axe of Ukonvasara in a chest in the battle rigth after the time skip in Blue Lions route.

Posting this info on Hubert's paralogue because I haven't seen it mentioned yet:

Spoiler

-You need to save at least half of the green units to get the reward, which is the Arrow of Indra.

-There's no special reward for saving all of them, but Lord Arundel's dialogue is different.

-If you don't save at least half, you get nothing. However, Hubert still mentions you receiving a weapon in the post-battle dialogue, which is confusing.

As for potential strategies:

Spoiler

-Flyers, Stride, and Warp are very useful.

-The mages will actively seek out the beasts and attack them, even if it would kill them. At full health they can survive one round but not two, so you'll need to use gambits to make sure the beasts don't also target them.

Most lists thus far of paralogue rewards have ignored the unique battalions you get from them.

As far as I can tell, there isn't anything special about the paralogue battalions, at least the ones I've gotten so far. 

No really good or broken abilities,  but can anyone confirm what the battalions are and what they do?

It might also be helpful to record when each paralogue happens. That way people can tell based on where they are in the game, whether someone is worth attempting to recruit for their paralogue or not.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

Most lists thus far of paralogue rewards have ignored the unique battalions you get from them.

As far as I can tell, there isn't anything special about the paralogue battalions, at least the ones I've gotten so far. 

No really good or broken abilities,  but can anyone confirm what the battalions are and what they do?

Seems the main appeal are the stats bonus they provide,  plus their high endurance.

I've only maxed out one of them so far : Dedue's batalion, and it gives a +10 protection & +8 attack, which is quite insane. (comes with a major evasion penalty, though)

Edited by Modirufa6317

4 hours ago, Nio said:

The full paralogue list:

• Mercedes/Casper
  • Cyril/Hilda
  • Leonie/Lindhardt
  • Dorothea/Ingrid
  • Ashe/Cathrine
  • Shamir/Alois
  • Manuella/Hannemann
  • Anette/Gilbert
  • Ferdinand/Lysethia

I dont know if this is the full list, so if anybody knows about some extra cross house paralogues please tell.

Also, i found the Axe of Ukonvasara in a chest in the battle rigth after the time skip in Blue Lions route.

I can confirm that there are two more pre-skip, haven't gotten to the skip yet so I can't comment past that. I'm playing Black Eagles if that matters.

Ignatz/Raphael
Seteth/Flayn

41 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Seems the main appeal are the stats bonus they provide,  plus their high endurance.

I've only maxed out one of them so far : Dedue's batalion, and it gives a +10 protection & +8 attack, which is quite insane. (comes with a major evasion penalty, though)

Ok.

I do hope someone compiles a full list of battalions. There are some wild gambits out there, like the one that makes the units take only 1 damage for a turn.

Edit, lol, there's one on the sf page. Missed that. Whoops.

Edited by dragonlordsd

4 hours ago, Nio said:

The full paralogue list:

• Mercedes/Casper
  • Cyril/Hilda
  • Leonie/Lindhardt
  • Dorothea/Ingrid
  • Ashe/Cathrine
  • Shamir/Alois
  • Manuella/Hannemann
  • Anette/Gilbert
  • Ferdinand/Lysethia

Petra/Bernadetta as well.

15 minutes ago, Dave923 said:

I can confirm that there are two more pre-skip, haven't gotten to the skip yet so I can't comment past that. I'm playing Black Eagles if that matters.

Ignatz/Raphael
Seteth/Flayn

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Petra/Bernadetta as well.

Thanks, tho i was talking about cross houses paralogues, that you "need" students from other houses to get them (mostly post skip). For now it only seems like those are Linhardt/Leonie, Caspar/Mercedes and Ferdinand/Lysithea. So, all BE it seems. No Deers/Lions i think.

Edited by Nio

Is it safe to confirm that, for post-timeskip paralogues, you need both units in your team and at least one of them needs to have a C support rank with Byleth? Tthe Ferdinand & Lysithea paralogue (have both of them recruited) in the Blue Lions route has yet to appear for me, but it appeared much earlier on for a friend of mine. Apparently there's a Rhea paralogue in the timeskip in Blue Lions as well, which means you needed to have supported with her pre-timeskip.

I am currently going through Edelgard's route, and I can post a few findings related to the paralogues:

1.) Edelgard's paralogue does not seem to offer any reward other than a battalion.  I had maxed support with her and I completed it in 5 turns without any enemy getting close to the capture line.  If there is another reward, I have no idea how you unlock it.

2.) Hubert's paralogue offers a "fake Relic" weapon (can't remember the name off the top of my head, it's a lance) if you save at least half of the mages.  I saved all of them and was offered no additional reward.

3.) The paralogues for Ferdinand/Lysithea and Caspar/Mercedes, as far as I can tell, are not available on Edelgard's route; I have all 4 listed characters and they did not show up.

4.) Ingrid's Relic, Luin, seems tied to whether you have recruited her or not.  I had her in my BL playthrough (obviously) and got it, but in my current playthrough I had only Dorothea at the time and did not get it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head without the game in front of me; I can post more as I think of/come across it.

5 hours ago, Tombstone88 said:

3.) The paralogues for Ferdinand/Lysithea and Caspar/Mercedes, as far as I can tell, are not available on Edelgard's route; I have all 4 listed characters and they did not show up.

Do you at least have a C support with one of those characters in each pair?

9 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

Story-wise, it makes perfect sense why those paralogues would not be available on Edelgard’s route, and so I think they really are locked to other routes.

Spoiler

Caspar and Mercedes’s paralogue involves finding and facing the Death Knight and his troups, which does not make sense on Edelgard’s route since he is your ally there (and Mercedes can just go and talk to him whenever she wants to).

Ferdinand and Lysithea’s paralogue involves Ferdinand’s search for his missing father. I believe it’s only on routes where you oppose Edelgard that she strips Ferdinand and his father of their title, wealth, and lands, which is what causes Ferdinand’s father to go into hiding.

I can add a few more bits of information for this topic:

1.) In regards to:

12 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

I have C support between Caspar and Mercedes, but it is not present.  That one I'm 99% sure is locked out of Edelgard's route.  I do not have C support between Ferdinand and Lysithea, though; therefore, I cannot confirm or deny if that unlocks it.  If what Moonlit Knight posted as to the contents of the paralogue is accurate, then it likely isn't. 

Spoiler

Ferdinand's father is not in hiding on Edelgard's route, so that chain of events wouldn't make sense.

2.) In regards to: 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:19 AM, Florete said:

I still have an old save file, so I can test this one later to see if it locks me out.  I have two questions first, though:

Spoiler

1.) Did you do the Flayn/Seteth paralogue?

2.) When you did the monastery defense mission, did Flayn and Seteth die or run away?

3.) The weapon from Hubert's paralogue is called the Spear of Indra; it's essentially a short spear with 13 might.

That's all I have for now.

Edited by Tombstone88
Hiding potential spoilers

1 minute ago, Tombstone88 said:

2.) In regards to: 

I still have an old save file, so I can test this one later to see if it locks me out.  I have two questions first, though:

Reveal hidden contents

1.) Did you do the Flayn/Seteth paralogue?

2.) When you did the monastery defense mission, did Flayn and Seteth die or run away?

1. I did.

2. Died.

2 hours ago, Tombstone88 said:

3.) The weapon from Hubert's paralogue is called the Spear of Indra; it's essentially a short spear with 13 might.

Correction: It's called the Arrow of Indra (though it is a spear), and it also does magical damage. It can also be forged to get 1-3 range.

So it's more like the Lance version of a Levin Sword, and as far as I can tell it's the only magic Lance in the game.

Just now, Chaotix said:

Correction: It's called the Arrow of Indra (though it is a spear), and it also does magical damage. It can also be forged to get 1-3 range.

So it's more like the Lance version of a Levin Sword, and as far as I can tell it's the only magic Lance in the game.

You are correct; I didn't actually look at the description, so I didn't realize it did magical damage.  That's interesting.

Now for the real interesting stuff.  Spoilers in case you haven't done Edelgard's route:

Spoiler

So I re-did the battle "Defending Garreg Mach" without doing the Leonie paralogue to test Florete's situation.  I went through the battle doing exactly as he (she?) did, killing both Flayn and Seteth.  After the battle finished, I entered the battle screen and, sure enough, the paralogue had disappeared.  Same exact situation as Florete.

Next, I went through the battle again, only this time I used Byleth to defeat both Flayn and Seteth, thus sparing their lives.  I finished the battle and went to the battle option.  This time, the paralogue WAS available.  It seems, then, that the battle's availability post "Defending Garreg Mach" is contingent on whether you kill or spare Flayn/Seteth.

The only reason I can think of for this is that the boss of Leonie's paralogue is one of the saints, and Flayn/Seteth are saints themselves.  Perhaps the turtle saint refuses to test those that have murdered his brethren?

Posted below is a (poor quality) picture showing the paralogue available in 3/8:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v8c18Qzv1y9uHIU1lIOvxz0eXiSRh2M8