Paralogues information (Maybe spoilers)

Nio

1 hour ago, Tombstone88 said:

You are correct; I didn't actually look at the description, so I didn't realize it did magical damage.  That's interesting.

Now for the real interesting stuff.  Spoilers in case you haven't done Edelgard's route:

Hide contents

So I re-did the battle "Defending Garreg Mach" without doing the Leonie paralogue to test Florete's situation.  I went through the battle doing exactly as he (she?) did, killing both Flayn and Seteth.  After the battle finished, I entered the battle screen and, sure enough, the paralogue had disappeared.  Same exact situation as Florete.

Next, I went through the battle again, only this time I used Byleth to defeat both Flayn and Seteth, thus sparing their lives.  I finished the battle and went to the battle option.  This time, the paralogue WAS available.  It seems, then, that the battle's availability post "Defending Garreg Mach" is contingent on whether you kill or spare Flayn/Seteth.

The only reason I can think of for this is that the boss of Leonie's paralogue is one of the saints, and Flayn/Seteth are saints themselves.  Perhaps the turtle saint refuses to test those that have murdered his brethren?

Posted below is a (poor quality) picture showing the paralogue available in 3/8:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v8c18Qzv1y9uHIU1lIOvxz0eXiSRh2M8

This is interesting. I defeated Seteth with Byleth but not Flayn tho and i was able to do the paralogue. With that said, they were alive after the battle, with the letter to Rhea and stuff. Good observation, thanks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last small update.  Ferdinand and Lysithea do not have a support together, so having C support is not a trigger for their paralogue.

Also, Caspar and Mercedes don't have a support together; Ferdinand has one with Mercedes, which is what I was thinking of.  Therefore, I conclude that supports have nothing to do with unlocking the paralogues for Caspar/Mercedes and Ferdinand/Lysithea.

For the Caspar/Mercedes paralogue, you get her hero relic if you win. I believe if you have Caspar beat the Death Knight you get his weapon at the end. (Scythe of Sariel) I don't know if anyone else defeats the Death Knight if you get the Scythe though... Victory Conditions says to defeat everyone but the Death Knight but I was curious what would happen. 

4 hours ago, Tombstone88 said:

Ferdinand and Lysithea do not have a support together, so having C support is not a trigger for their paralogue.

But does your Byleth have a C support with one of them? That was the main point I was getting at, seeing that is apparently the requirement for Rhea's. Also, I had Marianne's paralogue available though my friend didn't (his Byleth didn't have any supports with her).

Edited by MrPerson0

30 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

But does your Byleth have a C support with one of them? That was the main point I was getting at, seeing that is apparently the requirement for Rhea's. Also, I had Marianne's paralogue available though my friend didn't (his Byleth didn't have any supports with her).

Ah, I see.  My Byleth had A support with Mercedes and Lysithea, and he had B support with Caspar and Ferdinand.

Don't know if this has been reported, but I think Gilbert's and Annete's timeskip paralogue requires them to reach C support in order to become accessible.

I didn't have access to it at the start of the month, raised their supports, and suddenly the paralogue became available near the end of the month once they reached C support.

15 hours ago, TemporalElpis said:

I actually used this thread to help improve my reddit post so I'm gonna reshare it here.

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/ckujq9/full_list_of_paralogues/

This is what i hoped for when i made this post. Thanks a lot! Also, i was looking like crazy on how to get the Sword of Moralta, so again, thanks for that.

So, Hilda and Cyril’s paralogue may be unique: it shows up towards the end of the pre-skip (and can be completed there) , but I just confirmed that it WILL carry over to the post-skip and can be done then, too

Edited by Moonlit Knight