Quick class mastery

23 minutes ago, nhaer042 said:

Is there a way to accelerate the rate at which a unit masters a class?

Basically, do almost no damage and fight a lot. If the unit has sufficiently high defenses, giving them a broken weapon can really help.

The only unit I've really succeeded in mass grinding with is Ingrid. When I recruited her, she had massive defenses (like, 15) and terrible strength (11). I had left one of those level 7 quest missions undone, so I just sent her out with a broken lance. It took more than 30 minutes, but she maxed out her class in one go. Unfortunately, her strength has picked up since then, so it's not so easy any more.

The unit gains 2 class exp every time they do anything, so it's really just a matter of having them do something 50 times without leveling too much, which is harder than it sounds.

Edited by dragonlordsd

The first Saint Statue has "+1 to Class EXP" which I believe helps in mastering a class.

Otherwise, it takes forever. I found the +5 HP useful from the Commoner / Noble lines. Otherwise I would wait for the Intermediate classes as the Beginner classes are FEH style movement skills (Shove, Swap, etc.)

Even then it may be better to just promote and forget about the class mastery as promoting typically gives better stats and growth rates.

Edit: For quick questions, please use the General Questions Thread next time.

Edited by Sire

14 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Basically, do almost no damage and fight a lot. If the unit has sufficiently high defenses, giving them a broken weapon can really help.

The only unit I've really succeeded in mass grinding with is Ingrid. When I recruited her, she had massive defenses (like, 15) and terrible strength (11). I had left one of those level 7 quest missions undone, so I just sent her out with a broken lance. It took more than 30 minutes, but she maxed out her class in one go. Unfortunately, her strength has picked up since then, so it's not so easy any more.

The unit gains 2 class exp every time they do anything, so it's really just a matter of having them do something 50 times without leveling too much, which is harder than it sounds.

You can also unequip completely if you're tanky enough, bring some vulneraries if you're not sure.

You can also get the Knowledge Gem from a chest in the Sothis Paralogue (Tales of the Red Canyon), which is available starting in Chapter 8. It doubles both weapon exp and class exp as long as it is equipped. It's only available until 1/25 though.