When does the voice patch update come out?

I've got Three Houses in my hands and I'm waiting until the new voice patch to start playing so I don't have to hear Byleth's voice changing half-way through my playthrough of the game. I was wondering when the next voice patch would come out. I feel it couldn't possibly take long with Byleth having so little dialogue in the game... or so I hear. My question is basically the title. Thank you.

No one knows. Probably in the next month, judging from FEH's expedited patch. 

As you say, Byleth has almost no dialogue in the game, though — just infrequent comments when leveling up and stuff — so I don't think it would be very jarring to hear their voice change midway through. 

Likely be a shadow patch.. or one that just appears randomly without any adomishment or acknowledgement from Nintendo and will just appear randomly for you to download...

Also its not like Byleth has much of a voice anyways... it cant take them too long to replace his lines.... but yeah if you really feel that way in the meantime use the female Byleth 

14 minutes ago, AwakeningFates said:

I'm confused. Byleth has a voice? I've never heard my Byleth speak. Sure, I have the dialogue options, but she doesn't say anything audible. 

Byleth has lines for when they level up, attack, participate in a gambit, land a crit, or dodge/take 0 damage.  They also have some battle grunts.

It's probably, like, 30 voiced audio bits at most.  Outside of that, they don't have voiced audio.  Small enough that it would take very little effort and time to replace all recordings for male Byleth.

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

I don't think there's been an announcement as to a date

Yeah, I think they just said they'd do it in an update.

One would just have to keep their eyes out for any updates that hit the game, if one cared enough about the issue to stray from using male Byleth because of the voice change.

I want to do a male Byleth run for the church route to woo Rhea and am sitting on the game for the update as well. I do know Byleth has more lines in combat post time skip, but I just hope we don’t have to wait until the first expansion pass patch. 

You could play with Japanese voice dialogue on, too, if you don’t want to wait or play F!Byleth. 

On 8/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, bufkus said:

why not play female Byleth then?

Personally, I wouldn't do it because I just don't like her design - it's just plain unfitting for a professor. Well, that, and there's the fact that I prefer to play as a male in relationship-heavy games, with very few exceptions (those exceptions being Rune Factory 4 and the Summon Night games).

God, just let the update come out already, how long must it take?! He says like a collective seven lines! I really want to play as male Byleth but his previous VA is stopping me (rather not have to hear someone like him no matter how little), btw this is just my opinion, don't mind me.

12 minutes ago, Tribute said:

There's an issue with MBy's voice?

Yeah - another thread was talking about his voice actor getting removed from both Heroes and this game. Here are the links:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/fire_emblem_voice_actor_has_dialogue_removed_following_admissions_of_abuse

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340993-nintendo-confirms-removal-of-chris-niosi-as-the-voice-actor-for-f

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Oh shit

20 hours ago, yeyeyeyeyeyeet said:

God, just let the update come out already, how long must it take?! He says like a collective seven lines! I really want to play as male Byleth but his previous VA is stopping me (rather not have to hear someone like him no matter how little), btw this is just my opinion, don't mind me.

What did the va do that was so bad?

oh, right above me.

huh, at least he's admitting to it rather than some third party blowing it open. Makes him honestly f nothing else.

Edited by CyberNinja

Just wanted to put some thoughts here. It's kinda funny, because if a patch does happen, any and all of 1.0 Bylad's grunts are already all on Youtube.  And it's not like it's going to make the whole thing disappear, there's going to be comparison videos of the two. The files exist on all the current printed copies.

It's interesting from a business perspective, cause Nintendo and Cup of Tea can do a delisting of a credit without issue, because they hire non-union voice actors for very cheap.

As a comparison, Sean Schemmel (Funimation's Goku) was paid only $600 for Lucario in Smash 4, and they reused the clips. Resulting in his distaste about voice acting as a career.

Spoiler

29Fw42y.png

So yeah, overall it's all "meh".  Only reason Nintendo is doing this is because people cried about it, and it's not that much of an issue in cost.  But on the other hand, it's people being unable to separate art from the artist, and getting in a frenzy over a few one-liners and some grunts/yells.

23 hours ago, Jacien said:

Just wanted to put some thoughts here. It's kinda funny, because if a patch does happen, any and all of 1.0 Bylad's grunts are already all on Youtube.  And it's not like it's going to make the whole thing disappear, there's going to be comparison videos of the two. The files exist on all the current printed copies.

It's interesting from a business perspective, cause Nintendo and Cup of Tea can do a delisting of a credit without issue, because they hire non-union voice actors for very cheap.

As a comparison, Sean Schemmel (Funimation's Goku) was paid only $600 for Lucario in Smash 4, and they reused the clips. Resulting in his distaste about voice acting as a career.

Reveal hidden contents

29Fw42y.png

So yeah, overall it's all "meh".  Only reason Nintendo is doing this is because people cried about it, and it's not that much of an issue in cost.  But on the other hand, it's people being unable to separate art from the artist, and getting in a frenzy over a few one-liners and some grunts/yells.

Niosi was in hot water because he broke NDA, which is a huge no-no for many Japanese companies (Nintendo is infamous/notorious for cracking down hard on such violations). The accusations only dump fuel on the flame.