Tea parties!

I hope this is okay, I wanted to start a thread about tea parties. A minor part of the game, but a charming (and at times, frustrating) one. Talk about strats, what to talk about, and how cute the characters are when you get a perfect tea time.

I don’t know if this holds true but the final prompts I often find correlate to what the character tells you before hand. “Isn’t the monestary beautiful?” “Nod” - perfect tea time! 

I’ve put a list together of some of our units favorite teas. This isn’t comprehensive, and some students have multiple - 

Edelgard - Bergamot

Hubert - 

Dorothea - Sweet Apple, Albian Berry 

Linhardt - Almyran Pine Needles, Angelica 

Ferdinand - Southern Fruit 

Bernadetta - Honeyed fruit blend, berry 

Caspar - Ginger 

Petra - Ginger, Four Spice blend 

Dimitri - Chamomile 

Dedue - Ginger 

Sylvain - Bergamot 

Ingrid - Chamomile, Mint 

Annette - Almond, Sweet Apple 

Felix - Four Spice blend, Almyran Pine Needles

Ashe - Angelica, Mint 

Mercedes - Crescent moon, berry 

Claude - Almyran Pine Needles, Chamomile 

Hilda - Rose petal, berry, mint

Lorenz - Rose petal 

Lysithea - Sweet Apple, Crescent moon, Honey fruit 

Marianne - Lavender

Ignatz - Lavender 

Raphael - Ginger, Almond 

Leonie - Angelica 

Hanneman - Bergamot, Sweet Apple 

Manuela - Four Spice, Mint 

Seteth - Angelica, Four Spice 

Flayn - Sweet Apple , Crescent moon 

Cyril - Almyran Pine Needles

Gilbert - Almond

Alois - Begamot 

Shamir - Crescent moon, Chamomile 

Catherine - Four spices 

Here’s a pretty complete guide to correct answers, plus gifts, lost items, etc! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GdfOG5k87gSTOzSe4uoRT2WlaZZC-yEpKWNkBabuIsE/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Edited by Brimney

I really appreciate you putting this together. I was already thinking of putting something together with the little information I have thus far. So here's a google sheet of the information you've got, along with the little I've managed to compile. If you or anyone else wants editing access, shoot me a pm along with some evidence of stuff to add.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v-1PcDtGehTCL09x2qEsCwpPvI0VU6At0-swdATDIfs/edit?usp=sharing

19 minutes ago, Caledrith said:

I really appreciate you putting this together. I was already thinking of putting something together with the little information I have thus far. So here's a google sheet of the information you've got, along with the little I've managed to compile. If you or anyone else wants editing access, shoot me a pm along with some evidence of stuff to add.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v-1PcDtGehTCL09x2qEsCwpPvI0VU6At0-swdATDIfs/edit?usp=sharing

This is beautiful! I’ll update you if I get any more information. All that’s new is that Gilbert’s favorite is almond 

Edited by Brimney

A few days or so ago: I was a bit panicked for was out of tea and I was wondering how to get more tea, but thankfully that worry wasn't there for long because I wandered around the market area and talked to someone then I received a side quest called 'Clearing The Way'. After going into battle and finishing the task was informed that there will be more merchants in the market place since the way is cleared now.

So there are two new merchants selling: One of those merchants sells tea 🧡and sadly you have to click explore in order to go to said merchant. (Edit: The merchants show up every week)

Basically to get more tea for those adorable tea parties complete the side quest 'Clearing The Way' in order to buy tea from one of the merchants and there are all kinds of tea.

Edited by Waterrain

41 minutes ago, Waterrain said:

So there are two new merchants selling: One of those merchants sells tea 🧡and sadly those new merchants do not appear every week (Plus have to click explore in order to go to said merchant).

While the exploration part is true the merchant have been available in every week since clearing this event and i am nearing the end on be route

Catherine likes the Four-... something blend. The one that costs 1,500 and is for mature tastes. I don't have the game in front of me.

Tea is really expensive, so a chart like this is handy.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Also something to note is that when you unlock the dark market they sell very, very expensive tea. I haven’t used them on anyone because, well, they’re expensive, but I’ll do some research today 

5 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Catherine likes the Four-... something blend. The one that costs 1,500 and is for mature tastes. I don't have the game in front of me.

Tea is really expensive, so a chart like this is handy.

No expense is too high for Catherine

It allows you an extra chance at getting perfect tea time. Usually you would need 3 correct answers, but if you get their favorite tea, you can get an answer wrong and still get perfect

The Tea Time mini-game is a pretty interesting way to build up support, though it certainly takes a lot of trial and error as far as what topics to latch onto and which ones to avoid.

Would checking a unit's likes or dislikes give some kind of hint as far as how to get a successful result?

There are absolutely hints inside of a unit's likes and dislikes to get a hint. I think the idea of the tea party is to truly test how well you know your character. I've gone ahead and gotten the results for almost all (if not all) of Edelgard's normal tea party conversation and listed it. The perfect conversation still has a lot of work to be done, because I think the perfect conversation changes at least once depending on if you're post/pre timeskip, and it may change even more beyond that. If you're willing to record your results with certain characters and let me know, that would be tremendously helpful!

4 hours ago, Mark the Tactician said:

The Tea Time mini-game is a pretty interesting way to build up support, though it certainly takes a lot of trial and error as far as what topics to latch onto and which ones to avoid.

Would checking a unit's likes or dislikes give some kind of hint as far as how to get a successful result?

Reading all their C supports certainly helps too. The only choices I still don't understand are why Edelgard dislikes the "People you look up to" and "Places you want to travel"

6 hours ago, Nickdos said:

Reading all their C supports certainly helps too. The only choices I still don't understand are why Edelgard dislikes the "People you look up to" and "Places you want to travel"

I don't actually have those on my list yet haha. If you find out the answer to "Methods for growing taller", let me know. I suspect its dislike. But those two answers make sense. She's arrogant and doesn't like looking up to anyone (but her dear professor), and she isn't interested in travelling, she's interested in conquering.

Caledrith, do you mind if I incorporate your data into a spreadsheet we are making on reddit? We are currently working on favourite teas as well as all conversation topics/answers. Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemThreeHouses/comments/ck45lu/three_houses_data_compilation/

Edited by kbnamespac

On 7/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, Brimney said:

I hope this is okay, I wanted to start a thread about tea parties. A minor part of the game, but a charming (and at times, frustrating) one. Talk about strats, what to talk about, and how cute the characters are when you get a perfect tea time.

I don’t know if this holds true but the final prompts I often find correlate to what the character tells you before hand. “Isn’t the monestary beautiful?” “Nod” - perfect tea time! 

I’ve put a list together of some of our units favorite teas. This isn’t comprehensive, and some students have multiple - 

Edelgard...

Brimny, also do you mind if I use this data on our sheet? I'm thinking of crediting both you and Caledrith for the information here an on Caledrith's sheet. Thanks!

Edited by kbnamespac
Shrinking Quote size

2 minutes ago, kbnamespac said:

Brimny, also do you mind if I use this data on our sheet? I'm thinking of crediting both you and Caledrith for giving us more information. Thanks!

Please do! Is yours this one? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GdfOG5k87gSTOzSe4uoRT2WlaZZC-yEpKWNkBabuIsE/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

To be fair it’s @Caledrith who’s in charge of the one I’ve been adding to 

Edited by Brimney

6 minutes ago, Brimney said:

@Brimney Yep that's the one I'm working on. I'll wait for @Caledrith to respond before I start adding. I don't like taking people's work from them, unlike much of gaming "journalism" these days 🙄

Edited by kbnamespac

@kbnamespacGo ahead and add my sheet's findings to yours. I think you're a little bit more dedicated than I am haha. I think I have Edelgard almost completely finished/data'd out. I think it's important to keep track of negative answers too so you know what answers haven't been tested.

Yesterday I tried this as reference for my tea party with Petra, but it doesn't seem like that Crescent moon is one of her favourites. Can anyone else confirm?

6 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Yesterday I tried this as reference for my tea party with Petra, but it doesn't seem like that Crescent moon is one of her favourites. Can anyone else confirm?

I think only Ginger or Four-Spice Blend works on her. Haven't had any Tea Time with her yet to confirm it though.