July's Mythic Hero Appears: Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31 ~)

Coolmanio

I am confused to see the male avatar. 

I thought we would be exclusive to everyone who owns 3H.

But anyways colourless is the best represented colour in a legendary banner of all time. All three are monstrous. Since I have like no orbs and all colourless units already - despite I would like to get another Cain to fix his defense bane - I will only be able to pull a full circle. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rosalina said:

I am confused to see the male avatar. 

I thought we would be exclusive to everyone who owns 3H.

Notifications said a long time ago that he would be available in summoning pools as well as to those who bought Three Houses. And we later got another notification saying he would appear on this mythic banner.

See, I do read them.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

But it's words like this, particularly the bold, that make me feel like I'm being told I'm an idiot. Even if you're not intending this, it's coming off that way to me.

I mean, that's not my problem.

Plenty of people who are not dumb have issues understanding what people are saying for whatever reasons. Telling someone that they're not understanding what they're saying isn't calling them an idiot, and it's not my problem if someone chooses to interpret it that way.

Anyway, banner thoughts:

Red: Two strong DC units would be very appealing on any other month, but they're not sufficiently unique for me to go for when the competition is pretty hot, and also because I have the freebie Byleth. A factor in this is that I have no interest in another Marth as I have a perfect +Atk -Res copy and his skillset means he's already fully effective at his job regardless of merges. I only use him as an AA hard counter for dragon teams since both his B and C skills are very niche - I don't have the resources to build a Fire season team consisting solely of fast units.

Blue: Terrible. But also essential. I have minimal interest in either Fjorm or Ryoma, though I'd accept one of each. One Fjorm so my +Atk -Res one can finally replace my Neutral one for general use - I'm keeping the neutral one for Pheonixmaster strats. One Ryoma because he'd be new I guess and I don't have any heavily merged lance fliers: my best one is actually a 4*+10 Est at the moment. All that is just noise though because ultimately I'm here for one thing and that's Azura. Everything I have at the moment is getting pretty samey and I'm getting pretty jaded. With that in mind, a unit that'd really add new options for me is like manna from heaven, and Azura seems to be the one unit capable of making the largest difference in terms of strategies.

Green: Happy with my +Def Hector who I don't use much anyway because M Grima's ability to do magic damage is more important to my armour team which completely lacks mages. Lyn does her AA mage tanking just fine with the decent copy +HP -Def I was disappointed to get on the anniversary freebie and adding merges wouldn't change her job description. Greil has essentially no chance of getting into my team ahead of my current Armor March carrier Ephraim. Hard pass.

Grey: Clear consensus that grey is totally extremely excellent. Eir is my most viable choice for the grey slot in my prime flier team since F2P options are extremely limited - I can't stand looking at either Loki or Camilla. Alm needs no real explanation, he'd be used in every mode probably. And Caineghis fills a big need in both my armour teams which lacks a reliable mage counter, and in my beast team which is basically a bunch of blue beasts plus Leanne and Reyson.

Strategy will be to snipe on Blue and Grey with the 650-ish orbs I will have tomorrow. If I manage to somehow get two Azuras - a daunting task given I have no particular confidence of getting just one - I'll switch to sniping just grey. I'll stop and consider my options if I manage to get two Alms and one Caineghis.

Edited by Humanoid

Oh right, I forgot to talk about the banner itself.

I really only want to pull greens. If I can get a single decent copy of Greil, I'm out. Lyn would also be fine since I don't have her, and I could always use more distant counter and vengeful fighter from Legendary Hector (since I already have a good one). Red would be a really smart move for me, since I don't have a dark mythic hero at all and I don't have 3 Houses or male Byleth, but ... I'm just not really feeling either of those two, and I don't need another legendary Marth because mine is perfect. Maybe I'll pull if there's only one red orb. Caineghis is nice, but I REALLY don't need another Eir or Alm. Blue would be okay, as long as I don't get another Fjorm.

Green >>> blue ≥ red > colorless

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fine, whatever. I still think it was a poor decision for IS to put GD Ike off for so fucking long. I got my hopes up for absolutely nothing, and I'm certain some other Ike fans did too. Starting to feel like they just hate Ike and his fans these days. Lyn gets alts and a bunch of seasonals every year while it takes over one year for Ike to get even one seasonal despite being just as popular if not more, and now this... Sigh...

No offense but it's no one's fault but your own that you started to get your hopes up for Ike, no one guarenteed him coming soon~ In any case, this happens all the time. We get units from some Banners that take months to appear after others. We've already had Selkie and Velouria but still no Kaden or Keaton to be seen. B!Celica took forever to appear after the other 3 CYL 2 Heroes. And Adrift Camilla is still lost at war while the past Adrift Heroes are long gone~ He will come around eventually so there's no reason to make a huge fuss about it being some malicious intent by IS to spite Ike fans~

There is a legitimate concern that once there are enough red legendaries and mythics around, every month will contain them and nothing else. Hopefully they go about adding an alternate way to access previous seasonals that's completely detached from these banners, it'd be a nice 2.5th anniversary announcement since the problem is rather quickly coming to a head. Maybe just have two competing 8% banners? There are different ways it could be split, e.g. Legendaries + Seasonals against Mythics + regular units. Or Legendaries + Mythics vs everyone else, etc.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, that's not my problem.

Plenty of people who are not dumb have issues understanding what people are saying for whatever reasons. Telling someone that they're not understanding what they're saying isn't calling them an idiot, and it's not my problem if someone chooses to interpret it that way.

Then why do people always tell me it's my problem when THEY misinterpreted my words? I'm always being told it's my fault that they took something I said as rude or whatever when that wasn't my intention. So if your choice of words isn't your fault, why is my choice of words my fault?

Not saying you're one of those people, I don't think you ever were, actually. Just pointing out. I'm just asking.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

There is a legitimate concern that once there are enough red legendaries and mythics around, every month will contain them and nothing else. Hopefully they go about adding an alternate way to access previous seasonals that's completely detached from these banners, it'd be a nice 2.5th anniversary announcement since the problem is rather quickly coming to a head. Maybe just have two competing 8% banners? There are different ways it could be split, e.g. Legendaries + Seasonals against Mythics + regular units. Or Legendaries + Mythics vs everyone else, etc.

I agree with this, it would be nice to get another way to get seasonals, especially since they don't seem to plan on rerunning the year 2 summer banners.

Edited by Anacybele

so times pulse 3 can be used to instantly charge 2 charge special cooldowns with wrath below 75%. My +10 Karel is thinking hard about it with Luna.

Also you can now have a First combat Luna Reinhardt. But i think this will be infantry exclusive. Considering all the pulse C Skills

Situational skill not sure what to make of it

Her art has a throne? Does she carry that around everywhere, or will she only be interacting with us in our heads?

Expectedly poor banner for me. I'm only missing one each from red, gray, and blue. Sothis and Alm would be nice prizes, but I'd best save my orbs.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

hm Sothis either has 33 or 39 Spd depending if the Solo skill was in effect. But judging from her base kite a I would say 39 SPD coupled with around 34ish attack or so

I saw someone on Reddit speculate:

HP: 41

Atk: 34

Spd: 38-40

Def: 32

Res: 27-29

Which seems alright for me~

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I saw someone on Reddit speculate:

HP: 41

Atk: 34

Spd: 38-40

Def: 32

Res: 27-29

Which seems alright for me~

not sure about RES. It could be higher and DEF lower. I could be wrong but i believe she gives out a REs +5 Blessing?

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I could be wrong but i believe she gives out a REs +5 Blessing?

Yeah, the blue shield is Res, the... brownish-orange shield is Def.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

not sure about RES. It could be higher and DEF lower. I could be wrong but i believe she gives out a REs +5 Blessing?

I think she may have 30ish in both Def and Res but she could also have higher Res instead~ And yeah, her boost is to Res~

*Quietly monitors this without emotion*

Not sure what else to say. 3H deserved this with its release, and I remain interested in seeing FEH play its representation game out. But otherwise, well I dropped this game because it never clicked with me, and as for 3H:

Everyone else regarding 3H- 😍🤗🤪😋🥳

Me- 😐🤕😢

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

@Ice Dragon What's your prediction on Sothis' stats?

Sothis is seen with 41 HP.

Her first round of combat is against the Axe Fighter in Story 3-9-2 Lunatic.

The Axe Fighter has 49 Atk, but has access to Atk/Spd Link 3 and Drive Atk 2 buffs, so can have one of 49, 52, 55, or 58 Atk. With weapon triangle disadvantage, that would be 40, 42, 44, or 47 effective Atk. Since it deals 5 damage to Sothis, Sothis has one of 35, 37, 39, or 42 Def.

The Axe Fighter has 23 Res, but has access to Drive Res 2 buffs, so can have one of 23 or 26 Res. Sothis deals 44 damage, so has either 67 or 70 effective Atk. Removing weapon triangle advantage, that gives her either 56 or 59 Atk with her weapon equipped. Removing her weapon Mt, she has either 40 or 43 Atk. She might have Atk/Spd Solo 3 active, which gives her one of 34, 37, 40, or 43 Atk.

The Axe Fighter has 31 Spd, but has access to Atk/Spd Link 3, so can have either 31 or 37 Spd. Sothis might have Atk/Spd Solo 3 active. Since Sothis doubles the Axe Fighter, she has at minimum 30 Spd.

Her second round of combat is against the Bow Fighter in Story 3-1-4 Hard.

The Bow Fighter has 26 Atk and deals 0 damage, which doesn't tell us anything new.

The Bow Fighter has 9 Res and no access to buffs. Sothis deals 47 damage, so she has 56 Atk. Removing her weapon gives her 40 Atk. She might has Atk/Spd Solo 3 active, which gives her either 34 or 40 Atk, which lines up with the previous numbers.

The Bow Fighter has 18 Spd and gets doubled, which doesn't tell us anything new.

Sothis lands her Special with Wrath active (30/41 HP), dealing an additional 23 damage. Removing Wrath's damage gives her 13 damage from her Special, which gives her 44-46 Spd. She might have Atk/Spd Solo 3 active, which gives her either 38-40 or 44-46 Spd.

Sothis has taken 11 damage on this map, which might be able to give us a clue as to her Res.

The Bow Fighter is the only physical enemy unit, so all other enemies target Res. The Blarfafnir has 30 effective Atk. Thrasir has 22 effective Atk. The Raudhrfafnir has 28 effective Atk.

If she were to be previously attacked by only one of the three, she would have one of 19, 11, or 17 Res. There is no way for her to be attacked exactly twice or three times to receive that much damage. Thrasir could potentially have activated Dragon Gaze, but that would require a lot of attacks, and Sothis has built-in Distant Counter. It's also impossible for them to have chipped that much damage a few points at a time again due to Distant Counter.

Since she officially looks like she's 9 years old according to game data, I'll assume she has trainee bonuses. Current generation trainee melee infantry have stat totals between 172-174.

This gives us this stat spread, give or take a few points here or there in Spd, Def, and Res:

HP 41
Atk 34
Spd 40
Def 35
Res 22

I'm hoping she has more Res, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Bleh. My only missing units are Sothis, Marth, Alm, and Ryoma, and while I'd be quite happy with any of the first three, the rates are pretty bad. Might go for one of the reds depending on what the calendar says, though. Either way, at least less appeal here means more orbs to use for Alm and Summer Linde. Assuming the Summer Linde rerun ever actually happens.

August is looking pretty good for me, though, since the only expected reruns I already have are Ike, Naga, Gunnthra, Robin, and Duma. Which I might not actually have enough orbs to fully make use of, depending on how things go.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This gives us this stat spread, give or take a few points here or there in Spd, Def, and Res:

HP 41
Atk 34
Spd 40
Def 35
Res 22

I'm hoping she has more Res, though.

That is rather disappointing indeed, the appeal of the dragons is their defensive nature, not sure if  Vallite Azura + Bonus Doubler + Hone Atk 4 can fix that.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

That is rather disappointing indeed, the appeal of the dragons is their defensive nature, not sure if  Vallite Azura + Bonus Doubler + Hone Atk 4 can fix that.

The actual appeal of dragons is their free access to Distant Counter and "distant adaptive damage" weapon type common effect.

My predicted stat spread is very similar to the stat spread that Awakening Tiki has, but with all of the extra stats from generation and trainee bonuses put into Spd, and I don't see anyone complaining that Tiki isn't "defensive" enough.

Disappointing that she's here so early. The timing makes sense of course, but it either denies her the ability to be fleshed out or it's a literal spoiler. I'm not even sure I understand what she's supposed to be. Is she a dragon or not? It's a shame.

That being said, I love her. Her art is nice and aesthetically she looks absolutely amazing. Her sprite and transformation animation is amazing and her attack animation is breathtaking. I'd pull for her for that alone. Unfortunately I don't know how powerful she'll actually be. In theory she seems like she'll be decent but something about her seems like she'll be a touch below the other legendary dragons we've seen (barring F!Grima). It's probably due to her being infantry. Not being armor will keep her from being OP. luckily I have other reasons to pull red anyways.

• Red has L!Marth which is my main reason for pulling red since I want Infantry Flash for my Matthew team. Male Byleth is unecessary but he's a nice bonus considering his weapon. Sothis is a nice bonus as well. Not really necessary now that I have Nah but 2 powerful dragons is better than one.
  • Blue is a hard pass. I already have L!Azura, Shield Pulse would be nice to play with but I don't need it nor another Fjorm and lol HS!Ryoma. Nope. 
  • Green has L!Hector whom I have 2 of, but DC is always nice. Don't need V!Greil but he's cool and in the worse case Fury 4 fodder is a thing. The big reason to pull this color is to FINALLY get a L!Lyn. Frankly speaking I wouldn't even pull green if not for her.
  • Colorless is the big winner as everyone says. I don't care much about AR scoring if I can be in T20-T21. What I do want however is Mystic Boost fodder which would be amazing for more than a few units. Then Alm has Null Followup, more fantastic fodder and finally I don't have Caineghis so it's just a win all around. 

Pulling everything but blue by the looks of it. Sothis is also tragically delicious fodder. Everything she has is amazing. 

@DraceEmpressa Keep in mind that she has an exceedingly powerful low cooldown Wrath boosted special that she can use to heal herself which is ready at the start of literally every turn and is guaranteed to proc either if she doubles or you initiate and don't have Guard. I'd say her survivability is pretty up there.

My Matt will still eat her though.

Edited by Zeo

Not sure how I feel about Sothis being this early, as said before it kind of means that they can't spoil too much about her so her characterization will be a bit limited unless they give her an alt in the future. That or they'll just spoil everything, but I don't think IS would do that considering TH hasn't even been out a week. 

Anyway, while Red looks appealing, Colorless is just delicious. Mufasa, L!Alm, and more Eir merges? I'll gladly take all of them!

Edited by Medeus