July's Mythic Hero Appears: Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's Three Houses after all.

So, Sothis. I actually kind of like the art. She's a Red Dragon Infantry and Dark as well (I mean, it would give me a dark legendary, but just give me more dragons IS) She comes with Sublime Surge (Loses dragon weakness, DC, adaptive damage), Sirius (Boosts Damage by 30% of Spd, heals by 30% of damage (Cool.)), Atk/Spd Solo, Wrath 3 and Time's Pulse 3 (If special cooldown is at max, reduce it by 1 (Kinda crap honestly, though it works with fast skills Sirius and Wrath meaning she's a bit more concerning.))

As for the others. Red has L!Marth and M!Byleth, meaning I could be cool with getting the other two and I don't have a dark legendary. Blue has L!Azura, Fjorm and HS!Ryoma, where I'd like to get Azura but I'd likely not. Green has L!Lyn, L!Hector and VA!Greil, being honest I'd be cool with any of these too as I only have Lyn and her nature sucks. Colourless has L!Alm, Eir and Caineghis. I. AM. ALL IN. Alm and Eir I've wanted more of for reasons and I don't have Caineghis at all.

Let's be honest, I'm Colourless >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Red > Green > Blue. I've been pulling plenty of blue lately so this is fitting.

Edited by Dayni

Darn. I need her. I already wanted her (if only because I love her theme) but now I really need her. She does everything my Garon does but better. Darn.

I wonder who will win in a throne off, Sothis of Hel? Either way is leg banner looks amazing for me mergers and fodder for days. The only issue I have is that I can't go completely in on it, cly 3 and more 3 houses units are right over the corner.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I wonder if Sirius is also inheritable, considering Owain's Blue Flame is inheritable, but it looks too broken to be inheritable

All units on legendary/mythic banners have at least a weapon and a skill that is uninheritable. Sirius seems to fit the bill as the Pulse skill has a 3 at the end. The only unit to break this trend is L!Marth who coincidentally appeared the same month as brave heroes and was featured on a image next to the CYL winners when the winners were announced. Maybe IS redeemed themselves for splitting votes by giving him a unique special and passive.

46 minutes ago, redlight said:

Maybe IS redeemed themselves for splitting votes by giving him a unique special and passive.

That was exactly my thought as well; maybe they originally created that Marth copy assuming he'd win a spot in CYL, and then when he didn't they switched him to be the legendary unit coinciding with them. It might as well be his CYL form, since it's his greatest possible form (with the leftover option for CYL being a meme Mr. No-Pants Marth alt).

Goal for this banner is to get Alm to +10 and pick up as many spare copies of Eir and Caineghis as I can in the process. I'll stop pulling colorless after getting Alm to +10.

Otherwise, the rest of my Legendary/Mythic budget this time around will be spent in red. I don't need more copies of Marth, but copies of Byleth and Sothis are welcome. However, I don't feel compelled to +10 either of them right now. Byleth looks like he'll enter the standard summoning pool after this, so I can just pick up copies from pity breakers in the future, and Sothis will be back eventually when I don't have to split my attention between a Legendary/Mythic banner and the summer banners.

Anyways, localization things:

I'm actually not sure what's up with the localization team this time around. Both Sublime Surge and Time's Pulse don't really match the original at all.

Sublime Surge in Japanese is 天帝の波動 (tentei no hadou). Translating it is a bit nuanced since tentei literally translates as "heavenly emperor", but refers to the supreme deity for various religions. Alternatively, if we follow the "star" theme that her Special skill sets up for us, it could also refer to 天帝星 (tenteisei), Polaris, the "heavenly emperor star". I'm not sure about the word's significance in the lore of Three Houses, so I'll just leave it at that. Hadou is just "wave".

Time's Pulse in Japanese is 始まりの鼓動 (hajimari no kodou), "Beginning's Pulse". Which makes sense since it activates at the start of each Special's charge cycle.

Sirius, on the other hand, is entirely on point. In Japanese, it's 星狼 (seirou), "star-wolf". For comparison, one of the names for Sirius in Japanese is 天狼星 (tenrousei), "heavenly wolf star". This also appears to be the origin of the name of the Church of Seiros (セイロス教, seirosu-kyou), for not only is seirou only one character off phonetically, but the origin of the English name "Sirius" is the Greek word "seirios".

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

When the trailer was released, I didn't see that Time’s Pulse is inheritable.

All passive skills with a level number and non-beige border are always inheritable. The only passive skills that might be inheritable or might not be inheritable are ones with no level number and a beige border.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I wonder if Sirius is also inheritable, considering Owain's Blue Flame is inheritable, but it looks too broken to be inheritable

The probability is slim to none. Every Legendary and Mythic Hero so far has had an uninheritable weapon and at least one uninheritable non-weapon skill, and since all of Sothis's passive skills are inheritable, that leaves her Special as the only possibility for an uninheritable skill.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All passive skills with a level number and non-beige border are always inheritable. The only passive skills that might be inheritable or might not be inheritable are ones with no level number and a beige border.

To be fair, I didn't notice the number or the non-beige border. I just saw a different name I thought that it was her exclusive skill, since all Mythic Heroes have a exclusive passive skill... well, at least until now.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

To be fair, I didn't notice the number or the non-beige border. I just saw a different name I thought that it was her exclusive skill, since all Mythic Heroes have a exclusive passive skill... well, at least until now.

Legendary Ike says hi. There is no good reason to distinguish Mythic Heroes from Legendary Heroes. Same thing with a different flavor.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Ike says hi. There is no good reason to distinguish Mythic Heroes from Legendary Heroes. Same thing with a different flavor.

That's why I said "since all Mythic Heroes have a exclusive passive skill", because I know that Legendary Ike, Fjorm, Legendary Lucina, Legendary Azura and Legendary Alm don't have a exclusive passive skill.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's why I said "since all Mythic Heroes have a exclusive passive skill", because I know that Legendary Ike, Fjorm, Legendary Lucina, Legendary Azura and Legendary Alm don't have a exclusive passive skill.

Exclusive Special skills are rare overall, so of course it could take a while before we get one on a Mythic Hero. You could say the same about exclusive Assist skills, which are even more rare.

But that's no reason to believe we'll never see one. Since Legendary Heroes and Mythic Heroes are literally two flavors of the same thing, there's no good reason to consider them separately or expect any "patterns" to affect them separately. All we know is that all Legendary and Mythic Heroes have at least two uninheritable skills, one of which is their weapon, and this pattern is one that is extremely unlikely to ever be broken because uninheritable skills are the best (and pretty much only) way to make units unique and powerful.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Mythic banner is looking great this time around. Blue is kind of a dud for me but colorless and red is fantastic since I would like to get L!Alm, L!Marth, Sothis and Distant Defense 4 fodder and I wouldn't mind getting a second copy of Eir for Aether Raids and more merges for M!Blyeth. Green is not bad either with L!Hector and Fury 4 fodder on it with just L!Lyn being a stain on it.  So priority is pretty much Colorless>Red>Green>Blue.

Finally, Sirius is in the game! How long I waited for him to come. I will put in all my orbs here.

I think colorless might be worth it, sad that I don't know about Selena's refine, because Distant Def4 would be an option here... with that she would be so durable... but there are other options anyway. I think about this one, but I could skip it. 700 orbs now and I might take this chance to reach 1k.. 

But really, if they release Sirius one day and Sirius is inheritable. We all know what to do.

Edited by Stroud

I just noticed. This is the first mythic/legendary banner where I have gotten EVERYONE that's on it, sans the new character, of course. I've got male Byleth now due to having bought Three Houses. Though I ditched legendary Lyn after I got her in that stupid February event, I still had her at one time.

So...even if I do pull a good bit for Sothis, I'm either going to get her, wind up with a new legendary Lyn, or just end up merging units. Kind of a bummer.

I think my main priority here will for sure be Colorless. Merges for Caineghis and Eir would be fantastic and I haven't gotten Legendary Alm yet. Red would be next, Legendary Marth and Male Byleth are great and Sothis is a shiny new unit to fill the barracks with. Blue looks okay, too; Fjorm is a good unit, Legendary Azura could use some merges, and I don't have that Ryoma. Green also looks good! Legendary Lyn is one of the best ranged tanks in the game (although since I already have her at +10, I'd just use more summons for skill inheritance or feathers), I still don't have Legendary Hector and I didn't manage to summon Valentine Greil back in February. Man, this banner really has no weak links. It's great.

Datamined stats:

41/34/39/32/27

Speed superboon

Sirius is uninheritable as expected. C skill is infantry-exclusive.

Source

EDIT: Time pulse totally stacks with Infantry pulse too, oh boy.

Edited by Humanoid

31 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: Time pulse totally stacks with Infantry pulse too, oh boy.

Of course it does. It also stacks with Quickened Pulse, Missiletainn, Wolfpup Fang, etc.

All skills that activate at the beginning of the turn calculate whether or not they activate before any skills have their effects applied. Wrath and Defiant skills, for example, activate even if Renewal puts them back out of activation range. Ploy skills don't take your own Res buffs or any new Res debuffs from a concurrently activating Res Ploy or Threaten Res into account.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Got bodied with 155 orbs spent for a measly MByleth, definitely not going back in there even though there's so much good stuff (Fury4+March, LHector, LAzura, Eir, LAlm, Caineghis).

Paying for my super nice luck on the 3H ticket circles I guess

Yay. 26 pulls using free orbs and no 5-stars yet, so I'm sitting on a 10% pity rate right off the bat. Yay. Pretty sure this game hates me.

Guess I'll wait until tomorrow's paycheck to continue pulling.