July's Mythic Hero Appears: Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I IMMEDIATELY got a merge for Legendary Marth and then a few orbs later I got Valentine Greil, with +Atk/-Res IVs to boot! I'd like to try and get Legendary Hector and Alm, but I feel like I should probably be satisfied with that and continue saving for Brave Lyn's rerun.

160 orbs, going for colorless, and green only if colorless isn't available.  Main goal was Caineghis merges,  but would take Eir merges or a L!Alm.  Green was second because my Greil was +7.  Got an Eir, a Greil, and a Caineghis!  Not bad, but would have liked an Alm more than an Eir, and still want more Cain's.  I'll throw more orbs in as I get them, but trying to avoid the temptation to buy.

*vomits* Ugh... This had to be the most painful mythic/legendary banner experience for me thus far... I had 311 orbs in store when it started, and normally I'd expect that to be enough to get the new hero which is always my first goal (then maybe go for others if it happens soon enough). I decided I'd snipe red with colorless as the backup when lacking that since I also really wanted another Eir. What I got over the course of more than 900 orbs went like this: Marth, Byleth, Alm, Marth, Byleth, Caineghis, Marth, Byleth, Byleth, Byleth, Caineghis, Marth, Byleth, Alm, Marth, Caineghis, Byleth, Byleth.... And right when I was at my very limit, and feeling so utterly sick that I vowed to forsake my collecting ways and uninstall the game for a very long hiatus at the very least, I made the final pull with my last seven orbs, saw one red orb and laughed knowing it was definitely a common red or Byleth yet again at best. It turned out to be Sothis... with a bane in speed of course!

Anybody got a horror story where the odds (far less than one out of a thousand!) were even less in their favor?

On the bright side, I guess I've got enough distant counter to last a life time now. And I decided to turn two of those Caineghis in manuals for inheritance of Distant Def 4 and Distant Guard 3 (got plenty of Rhajat for the first 3 DD levels). Any specific units that might really want DD4 for Aether Raids? I want to use it well since I'm sure I won't be getting more of it for a long time. Perhaps Saber with an Infantry Breath partner? (that could make him a god if Ophelia didn't exist lol) Maybe one of the dragons?

8 hours ago, Namero said:

On the bright side, I guess I've got enough distant counter to last a life time now. And I decided to turn two of those Caineghis in manuals for inheritance of Distant Def 4 and Distant Guard 3 (got plenty of Rhajat for the first 3 DD levels). Any specific units that might really want DD4 for Aether Raids? I want to use it well since I'm sure I won't be getting more of it for a long time. Perhaps Saber with an Infantry Breath partner? (that could make him a god if Ophelia didn't exist lol) Maybe one of the dragons?

Distant Def is best used on a ranged Res or Def/Res tank like Felicia or Faye in my opinion, but Distant Counter melee units can use it too if they are super tanks.

I would be careful of using Infantry Breath in Aether Raids, and I personally do not recommend it unless the buffer is Faye or something. Any sort of buffs that requires adjacency is extremely risky as ranged enemies can bypass tank and hit the Infantry Breath buffer right behind the tank, and if the buffer is not a strong tank, the buffer will die.

No Sothis for me, only a Greil~ Thankfully it didn't eat too many Orbs. I'll live until October~

16 hours ago, Namero said:

Anybody got a horror story where the odds (far less than one out of a thousand!) were even less in their favor?

Any specific units that might really want DD4 for Aether Raids?

I got 4 Eirikas and 7 Leannes before I got Alm on his Legendary Banner~ Probably not as horrifying an experience as yours, though~

As for DD4, a well built Dragon tank like Fae, Nowi, M!Kana, or F!Tiki or someone like Faye can use it well~

14 hours ago, silverserpent said:

You know, Sothis' dialogue isn't spoilery at all. No more than stuff that's pre-timeskip, like all the other characters. I think the most spoiler line she has is about her being "The Beginning" and that's in, I think, chapter 7/8.

It's actually the second time you see her in the Prologue, right after you learn her name she says that.

I got the Azura and Alm I really wanted, I am always delightfully surprised when a Mythic/Legendary banner gives me my intended targets. Sothis' infernal was the second time I was able to complete one of these maps without the help of a F2P guide. L!Azura + Celica (Brazen Refine) + Ophelia = dumb stupid OP and it is beautiful.