Who's your first 3H Waifu/Husbando?

I thought I'd make a topic where we put down who we chose as our Byleth's first S-Rank, whether it's heterosexual or homosexual. If you'd like, you can also put down any reasons you had for choosing that character to be your S-Rank first (if any).

For me, I chose Ingrid (#BlueLion4Life). I chose her because I like the balance between her strong personality and noble upbringing, without having the obvious tomboy stereotype that Leonie has (though I think I'll be going for her when I do my first Golden Deer playthrough). Also, I love her hair.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate those words but I ended up with Dorothea my first go. Was aiming toward Claude for most of it but realised I liked him as more of a friend for Byleth. Wasn't expecting much from Dorothea but turns out I'm a sucker for unambiguously outgoing and nice characters and her VA is great.

Black eagles:

Petra. I just love her design (and basically any other females in her house). And Bernadetta

Blue lions:

Idk, Ingrid?

Golden deer:

Raphael, definitely no homo, He has the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like. (But seriously idk)

Edited by Atlos

I'm only in chapter 3, so I haven't even gotten a B-rank yet. I'm just past the point where Catherine was introduced and - spoiler - she's easily leading the race. However my early impressions from my Golden Deer M Byleth start is that none of my students are candidates. And that's with ignoring the student thing to be a fair comparison, they're all insane. In fact, I am shocked that Hilda of all people seems to be the sane (very relatively) one in that classroom.

As for other students, my knowledge of them at the moment is obviously still pretty superficial. I went in expecting to like Petra the most, but so far I still haven't learned anything about her from conversation. Ingrid though was a very pleasant surprise, she seems to have a very balanced, earnest personality with no weird quirks or gimmicks.

For staff, I've barely met Catherine but she seems cool - or rather, warm, which is cool. Uhh, you know what I mean. Sad to have not met Shamir yet, at least formally. Rhea weirds me out by not looking me in the eye.

I recruited Linhardt for the sole purpose of marrying him, just to get the token gayisms out of the way. 

He's pretty alright, the S support CG made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Next I'm after Mercedes, Flayn, or Lysithea. 

For my first playthrough I am going with Rhea. I like Catherine more, but I feel her boss is more appropriate story wise. 

Second will be Dimitri (as F) again because story. 

Third Catherine, because hell with story, I can't wait any longer! 

Edited by Tenzen12

Edelgard is my first S support I did. It just felt like the right thing to do with all the dialogue she had with Byleth.

That being said so far my favorite 3H girl is Lysithea and I'll probably S support her in another route.

i'm literally Sylvain, so for me Dorothea/Mercedes/Hilda/Manuela/Rhea, even though i'm strongly considering switching voice language in japanese just not to hear english mercedes anymore, her voice is so unfitting and annoying

Edited by Yexin

Not there yet, but Edelgard feels really "right". And I also personally love her character (though I'm not the biggest fan of the timeskip look, still looks good, but not as much).

In other playthroughs probably Marianne and Dorothea, all their supports I've read have been amazing and they look good as well. I hope their timeskip designs don't disappoint.

I initially had Rhea as an option, too, but my God she's a lot older than I thought, feels weird.

Claude.

His smile is so adorable and that I like that he isn't such a goody two shoes. He seems more honest with his callous side a bit in Heroes

MwZMQO.jpg

as of this statement.

Edited by PuffPuff

I'm only on CH7, so I'm not close enough to reaching any, but my current top contenders are Marriane and Petra; neither of which belong to the house I chose, but the latter recently joined

Bernadetta! I really love her personality, she's really shy but really lightens up when you get her out of her shell. Also love that she calls herself Bernie. =3

Currently playing Golden Deer, so recruited Bernie as soon as possible. I'll be going for Annette, Petra, Leonie and Edelgard on subsequent playthroughs.

Still in the middle of my blue lions playthrough. I was stuck between Ingrid and Petra, but then a certain timeskip happened, and I absolutely fell in love with Ingrid. Planning to S support Petra on my inevitable black eagles playthrough.

Nobody. I'm choosing not to marry Byleth to anyone because I never liked the idea of teacher/student relationships or teacher/teacher ones (not to mention Hanneman looks way too old anyway). And those are the only choices I'd have.

Hanneman is probably going to be my first S. I’ve had my eye on him since his showed up in the 2018 e3 reveal tbh. I wanted to do Gilbert, but I’m reconsidering. Besides, I still want to do Seteth. Hubert is basically my only reason for wanting to play the Black Eagle route too. 

Dorothea, Dedue, and Lorenz of all people are also really nice and cute. Ahh, so many options. 

Edited by Brimney

As I am in a similar situation to Anacybele and the teacher/student stuff really does not sit right with me even if they are around the same age and even if it can only happen after the timeskip anyway, I'm hesitant to S-rank anybody. Watch me S-rank Sothis instead. Yay, hypocrisy!

But... I'll still probably go with Annette in the end. She kind of sold me on the Blue Lions, and I really like her personality and design (one of the best in the game, tbh), so... yeah.
Shame on me, I guess.

Free hero weapon? Amazing growths? Badass? Hot? Funny? Available on all routes (maybe not the 4th route?)? The choice is clear. The knight of your heart, Catherine (Cassandra)!

Edited by Centh

Edelgard, it was a really tough choice between her and Dorothea. But Edelgard is my favorite character in Three Houses so far. I'm playing as F!Byleth for the Blue Lions, I'm leaning towards having her marry Dimitri.

Edelgard will be the first character my avatar marries.

In my Blue Lions playthrough, I'm looking at Ingrid or Mercedes.

In my Golden Deer playthrough, choices will be slimmer...probably Leonie, but if I come to like Hilda it will be her instead.

If you can, though, I'll probably marry Shamir instead of one of the Golden Deer girls.

However, none of these characters are my waifu. That isn't what a waifu is...

Edited by De Geso