Who's your first 3H Waifu/Husbando?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edelgard, felt like I was always building towards it and she had more exposure than the non lord students so I had more time to grow fond of her. Nevermind that the design and personality hits all the right vibes in what I like for a character.

Spoiler

And the final animation for the battle against Rhea actually followed gameplay, I kept my students in level with me but they just fell off near the end. Had Edelgard and Byleth go in solo with some healer adjutants and goddess rings to take on the entire army. Ironically the dragon was the easiest part of that fight.

Mine was Edelgard, all her dialogue with Byleth made me feel so goddamn happy and it makes sense if you do her side of the branching BE route. For BE church route i’ll probably do Dorothea, although i’m still mad she loses her hat in most of her classes. 

For BL i’m going with the obvious choice of Mercedes but the way everyone pronounces her name kinda freaks me out.

For GD i’m going Rhea because there is no resident bi girl in that house and that would round out all of F!Byleth’s S support options with girls (excluding the one with Sothis).

Growing up I never experienced any media with gay characters and seeing the F!Byleth options makes me feel so happy and represented so I just had to do them.

On 8/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

No one has mentioned her directly yet, but I actually found myself close to Flayn. May Sothis help me against Seteth.

And this is with Golden Deer on Normal. By the time I start BL (Which I might do on Hard. BE is a definite yes to play on hard, though, given I’ll have gotten used to everything by that point), I might go for recruiting Bernadetta and doing the S-Support then. I’d only recruit her because she might need a professor she would be comfortable with, though, so no romance there. I’ll leave that to develop post timeskip.
On Black Eagles... I’ll look out for someone.
Other top picks in the future include Marianne and Lysithea. Though, I found myself shipping Marianne and Ignatz together right from the C support

Ok, update on stuff.

Spoiler

I thought Flayn was not going to be like Tiki, but she happened to be like her because she’s a dragon, and is holy by nature. Frick. At least she was confirmed to be older than Lysithea pre-timeskip, because... yeah.

Other than that, my options have expanded for future playthroughs:

-Blue Lions (Normal): Same plan as before: bring Bernie into the house and S-support her.

-Black Eagles (Normal; might as well get used to the level design of the late game before doing it on hard): Keeping myself open for this one. Not gonna do Bernie, since I have been there and done that.

Spoiler

On the pro-Edelgard route, I am looking into Edelgard herself or Leonie (she’s a must-recruit every playthrough for me at this point, including the Blue Lions playthrough above. This is alongside Bernie as a must-recruit). Anti-Edelgard route will be Leonie or someone else (which includes Lysithea or Shamir or Catherine) if I had already married Leonie in the pro-Edel route.

As for after that (going into hard mode), I plan on doing them all as a female. For Black Eagles, I am thinking Hubert or Seteth. For Blue Lions and Golden Deer, I am gonna look into romancing their lords.

I just finished Blue Lions, and I married Mercedes. She was one of my best units for a long time, particularly against Mages where she took 0 damage. I really came to love her kind and doting personality as well being determined as well. I recruited her on my current GD play through because I can’t stand fighting her in the time skip. 

Dimitri, and I split the saves so I can pick up from the second to last chapter to finish up what A-S supports I racked up. I've got Ashe, Felix, Dorothea, Mercedes, Seteth and a few others lined up. I kinda feel bad that I didn't really pair up my units. Ashe/Cyril, Dorothea/Sylvain, and Dedue/Mercedes got paired endings and that was it.

Seriously though, I love the writing in this game. Dimitri/Byleth just makes the perfect sense for the route.

Early in my first playthrough I preferred Petra but decided to S-rank Edelgard since it seemed cannon.  Things didn't work out between us so I went back to Petra.  Gotta say I was very tempted by Shamir but since she joins you no matter what house you're in I figured I would S-rank her in another playthrough. 

Golden Deer route, I went with Marianne. She is precious and I have a weakness for blue haired girls.

I'm currently on BL, and as the girl. Leaning towards Mercedes.

Not sure who I'll go for in BE yet. Petra does most interest me of the BEs.

Shamir and Ingrid I'll go for in future playthroughs. One of them could be my choice when I do BE.

Golden Deer: Hilda, but I also did the S support with Manuela
Black Eagle: I have chosen female Byleth and just wanted to make her S support with Edelgard. This was worth it.

I still intend to pick Rhea on one route. Possibly with female Byleth again.

Also I am kind of interested to at least see the S supports of Byleth with Hubert and Dimitri.

Mercedes, Dorothea and Petra are also characters I like and 2 of them can S support F-Byleth. huray. 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:12 AM, Glennstavos said:

The first time you see Leonie she's stringing a bow. She's also kind of hot and has great base stats. Can't think of anything else I'd ask for. I will admit her support with Byleth is pretty garbo.

Leonie is a character I am so torn. She would be so likable. But some of her support are just hmm...dang xD. Ironically Raphael does not disappoint in the supports. I found his supports pretty good. Especially one with Lysithea. 

Not sure who I`ll go for on Golden Deer, maybe Hilda or Leonie. I might recruit Dorothea or Ingrid and just S-support them.

On Blue Lions, as F!Byleth I`m planning on going with Dimitri, though I might end up with Sylvain.

On Black Eagles, I`m going with either Dorothea or Petra. I could also end up going with Edelgard, though I`m noy sure.

Might go with Rhea if I play the Church Route, though that won`t be anytime soon.  

On 8/12/2019 at 3:12 AM, Glennstavos said:

The first time you see Leonie she's stringing a bow. She's also kind of hot and has great base stats. Can't think of anything else I'd ask for. I will admit her support with Byleth is pretty garbo.

It's (almost) the Hana debacle all over again with her. Her C and B supports where like "girl, what's your problem?", while in her A-support, she acts normally again.

To give an update, playing Golden Deer right now and having finished Blue Lions and Black Eagles (Edelgard's side):
I went with Annette for the Blue Lions. Her S-support was so gosh darn adorable, I'm sure I went over the acceptable limit of "Aww" a normal person can say in the span of five minutes.
For the Black Eagle run (Edelgard's side), I went with Dorothea out of morbid curiosity (should have picked Bernadetta because dat A-support). The S-support was moving, somehow. Well done, writers.
For the Golden Deer, I am torn between Lysithea and Hilda, because I like both characters equally. I lean slightly more toward Lysithea, but we'll see. I'll let the A-support decide this.
And for the Church Route, it's whom I should have picked in the Black Eagles run had my curiosity not won out.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:12 AM, Glennstavos said:

Leonie is such a lovely character, it's a shame that her supports with Byleth are that, but that aside I can really see them getting together, she'd follow him anywhere.

On the topic of S ranks, am I the only one that finds the "confession" arts very, very unsettling/weird? I mean the animations in Fates were awkward, but those pictures are just... off, I don't really get the change in style compared to the rest of the game just for that one scene.

This bullshit again? Ah whatever...

Currently playing through the Black Eagles route at this point.

If Byleth wasn’t a teacher, I definitely would’ve gone with Dorothea. Wasn’t really into her at first but my opinion of her changed drastically after viewing some of her supports about her background and stuff. She’s a really great character for certain. I’m not really into pairing up two characters just cuz they’re considered “cannon” or whatever, hence why I didn’t say Edelgard. Not saying I don’t like her or anything, she’s an amazing character. I just find pairings like those to be rather dull for me. Even if I wanted to S-support her, I can’t seem to do that now cuz of some stupid shit I wasn’t prepared for.

That being said, my only candidate right now is Shamir. There’s just something about her that I really like that I can’t seem to figure out.

Edited by Faustino

In my game in progress, I think might end up going with Catherine over Shamir because of metagamey reasons, in that Shamir is recruitable in more routes than Catherine is. Doing so should guarantee that Shamir is available for my next M Byleth playthrough.

That said, my next game will definitely by F Byleth and my pick will probably be Seteth (assuming he's available for whatever route I end up on) - he's very much grown on me despite his beard still sucking and his 3D model looking like he's missing a neck. Probably the character with the biggest gap between how nice their portrait looks versus how good their 3D model looks.

Edited by Humanoid

3H has put me in a difficult spot with the S support choices.

Still doing my GD run as M!Byleth, still pre-time skip mode. In the ideal world I would have S supported Claude if he were a choice..I was verrrrrryyy tempted to play as F!Byleth and S support him.Yet I knew I wanted to do at least one route as M!Byleth, so I decided not to. When I do BL next I'd play as F!Byleth and will probably S support Dimitri to be supportive of his tragic character.

SO for my GD run as M!Byleth, I've decided to do the token bi S support with Linhardt. I mean, long before the games release when the Thanibomb leaks came out that Linhardt was going to be the only male bi S support, I was like, "well, I guess I'll take it."

I mentioned this in another post, but so far Linhardt is just, OK. I guess the thing that bothers me about him is that I'd get the exact same experience if I were to S Support him as F!Byleth. Also, I went and read all of Linhardt's paired endings with all the female characters, and he gets married to most of them lol. Meanwhile, his only other male paired ending is with Caspar, and while I've seen fans call it romantic, I'd argue their paired ending is subtlest  of subtext. Like you'd REALLLLYYY have to be reaching to find their paired ending romantic.

Hell, Caspar and Ashe have the same, copy and pasted paired ending, The writers didn't even bother trying. Felix and Sylvain's paired ending is even gayer and neither of them are S support options for M!Byleth. So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Linhardt does not feel like a bi character whatsoever? It's just frustrating how little effort the writers put into the ONE bi male S support for the game. They could have done so much better, but what's done is done I guess. I'm kinda tired of being mad about it at this point, it's really been my only major gripe with the game so far. Have been loving it otherwise.

For Black Eagles...I intend to take a long break before doing that playthrough, I think I'll be too burnt out after my second playthrough with BL. But I guess to get the full gay experience, I'd play as F!Byleth again and S Support Edelgard or Dorothea *shrug*

I finished my Golden Deers route and Leonie was my first S-Support. I really loved her confession scene.

I will update once I finish both BL and BE routes. The same rule will apply as last time, whoever is the closest ally will be the S-Support

Edited by Cron

Finished Golden Deer, where Claude was my husbando. And he has given me much emotional distress~

Going for Edelgard now with M!Byleth~ I think I've decided I'll marry Petra in the Church route~ I can't really see myself marrying anyone with F!Byleth but Dimitri and Petra's my favorite girlie, so I'll go for her~