List of Character Bios (with Screenshots)

Hey so, you know how each character under the "roster" menu will have a "Notes" tab that shows their likes, dislikes, interests, timelines, and other such biographical information?  Well, I decided to start compiling screenshots of each character's Notes page.

A bit of a foreword: I thought to come up with this because of all the people asking about how to recruit these characters/get supports with them up, and also because I myself have a hard time keeping track of all these characters individual personality traits and back stories.  So I wanted to compile screenshots of the notes tabs of each of these characters, and then offer whatever insights I might have on appealing to them.  The idea is this will somewhat act as an informative guide to help people figure out how best to boost supports between your character and the others - to help you figure out what gifts to give them and to maybe help you figure out what dialogue options you should generally go for when attempting to appease these characters.  Generally speaking, if you know a characters interests, likes, and dislikes, you'll know how best to appeal to them.

Also posting this stuff because I can't find anywhere else people have this kind of information compiled in a relatively organized fashion.

By the very nature of this topic, this will contain spoilers about the roster - namely, the characters whom you can recruit. Within the spoilered boxes are screenshots of character bios which reveal information about their backstories and information, as well as stuff I may have to say that reveal additional details.  You have been warned.  Also, these are somewhat big screenshots, and there are quite a few of them (I copy them from imgur after I host them there), so they might take a bit to load.

Without further ado, here's the list, starting from the students of the Black Eagles, Blue Lions, and Golden Deer, and then moving on to those with no particular affiliation to any given house.

Edelgard:

Spoiler

HtupKdk.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

One thing I'll say is Edelgard loves hearing stuff that goes "against the grain".  Not if it sounds really stupid or pointless, but rather if it indicates that you might be considering possibilities most others might not consider.

Hubert:

Spoiler

6X9F80e.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

The most he seems to care about is those who express a vested interest in serving Edelgard.  Noteworthy is the fact that this doesn't always equate to doing stuff Edelgard approves of, but rather what he, personally, thinks are in her best interests.  Outside of that, though, is he does have a mischievous side; he likes to tease those who are terrified of him, though he also likes when people don't buckle when he tries to intimidate them.

Also, judging from my experiences playing for the Black Eagles, I would assume you can't give him gifts or lost items if you choose any other house.  I say this because, in particular, I have some lost items that absolutely no one will take, and it took me a while to realize it's because those items belong to other house leaders/leader retainers whom I can't interact with much.

Ferdinand:

Spoiler

BF0CUp4.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

When his bio says he likes "being noble", that's something of a double entendré.  He loves his station as a noble - the responsibility it brings and the role it gives him.  However, he also is genuinely of noble character, seeing his role as a service for more common folk.  He doesn't always understand commoners, but he does his best to help those in need regardless.

Linhardt:

Spoiler

HCwbM4m.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

Half the time you'll find him wanting to nap, the other half he'll probably be in or near the library.  He enjoys crest research, but only for himself.  What this means is that he doesn't care to bring the results of his studies forward or use it to better society - he just enjoys it for the sake of it.  Also, he's something of a nag on Caspar, expressing genuine concern for him at times.

Caspar:

Spoiler

c3omIy7.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

A lot of the reasoning for his love for fighting and training is rooted in his status as a second son of a noble family.  And what "wasting time" translates to is he's reckless and punctual, so he doesn't like any solutions to problems that would force him to take additional care and time.  Such recklessness is often the cause of grief for Linhardt.  Also really hates when people bring up height as a flaw of his.

Bernadetta:

Spoiler

BXcDprB.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

There's a... um, very interesting story behind this high-strung girl.  You just need to practice patience and understanding with her, and try not to impose anything on her.  She responds poorly to force, but positively to gentle encouragement, and sometimes likes it when you humor her when she says she doesn't want to leave her room.

Dorothea:

Spoiler

U5h5MR0.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

One aspect that isn't shown anywhere here is that Dorothea is actually kind of similar to Charlotte in that she tries to pursue relationships with nobles.  She doesn't have any sort of façade going on, but she is quite adamant about marrying someone who is able to take care of her financial needs for the rest of her life, though she also is finicky about who to pick, as she does not like those who are dishonest, likely to cheat on her, or otherwise disreputable.  Or if they're like Ferdinand and are inclined to sing about the glories of being a noble at the top of their lungs.

Petra:

Spoiler

7jKB6d4.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

Petra actually does not harbor any ill will towards the Empire or Brigid, or the politics behind her being sent to the Empire as something of an exchange student.  She is generally a very friendly and studious person.  She also prefers the heat of her homeland to the coldness of other lands, at least in terms of the age old argument of temperature extremes.

Dimitri:

Spoiler

g4ablg7.jpg

Dedue:

Spoiler

hJfC8R9.jpg

If you pick a route aside from Blue Lions, you will not be able to give him gifts or lost items.

Felix:

Spoiler

Q9L1P1c.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

He likes it when you show an eagerness to fight him and are competitive/cocky.

The a-hole that gave me so much trouble in the arena one time, lmao.  I don't disbelieve people when they say he's OP, so it's likely a lot of people will be seeking him out if they opt for other houses.

Ashe:

Spoiler

dCfiajx.jpg

Sylvain:

Spoiler

88mMwK9.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

As probably quite a few people know, if you are a female and join any house besides the Blue Lions, he's the easiest student to recruit, as you don't need to meet any requirement whatsoever.  He's also really easy to appeal to.

Mercedes:

Spoiler

u88TuaR.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

She doesn't seem to care much for her noble heritage.  And while "Praying" is listed as one of her interests, it's better to focus on the other aspects of her personality to appeal to her, as religious matters won't come up all that often for her.

Annette:

Spoiler

loyeLHY.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

If appealing to her, it helps to encourage her singing/dancing.

Ingrid:

Spoiler

CDExMe6.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

Her marriage status is rather important to her, due to the state of the house she comes from.  She also does genuinely care about Sylvain at times, despite the opening animation for the monastery showing her shoving him off during one of his "approaches".

Claude:

Spoiler

nPu8oxv.jpg

Lorenz:

Spoiler

3iaDTJo.jpg

Despite "seeming" like he's the "retainer" of Claude, you can interact with him like other "non-retainer" students regardless of house affiliation.

Raphael:

Spoiler

6vMcVwa.jpg

Another character who is really easy to appeal to.

Ignatz:

Spoiler

A3uh0XG.jpg

Lysithea:

Spoiler

erqoZTg.jpg

Another character whom I've heard is an extremely powerful unit that is often sought out.

Marianne:

Spoiler

8CGgdLV.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

She believes she has bad things coming to her and those that associate with her due to the nature of her mystery crest.  Try to avoid speaking of her crest.

Hilda:

Spoiler

Kb03M72.jpg

If you pick a house besides Golden Deer, you will not be able to give her gifts or lost items.

Leonie:

Spoiler

MQDREyU.jpg

Yet another unit that I've heard positive things about.

Flayn:

Spoiler

c7wYkna.jpg

Additional notes:

Spoiler

Automatically joins after a certain point, and also can't be interacted with during one chapter.  The recruitment does not depend on your house allegiance, I believe.

I don't think she particularly likes being treated like a child, though she might not dislike it, either, just as long as it isn't Seteth's incessant coddling.  Note the age.

Hanneman:

Spoiler

7ghkqaa.jpg

Shamir:

Spoiler

zCQq4sg.jpg

This all I have for now...

Wow, Bernadetta is nearly EXACTLY like me. I relate to her like near 100%. The only difference is that I don't have short moppy hair and I have no idea how to knit or embroider. Everything else though, spot on.

This is great! If you don’t mind I’ll also drop three links here about gifts, the advice  box, and lost items since they have to do with gaining supports and what these characters like

Lost items guide: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8781-fire-emblem-three-houses-lost-items-guide-every-lost-item-and-who-it-belongs-to

gift guide: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8751-fire-emblem-three-houses-gifts-and-flower-guide

advice box: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8746-fire-emblem-three-houses-advice-box-answers-how-to-be-the-best-counselor

55 minutes ago, Brimney said:

This is great! If you don’t mind I’ll also drop three links here about gifts, the advice  box, and lost items since they have to do with gaining supports and what these characters like

Lost items guide: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8781-fire-emblem-three-houses-lost-items-guide-every-lost-item-and-who-it-belongs-to

gift guide: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8751-fire-emblem-three-houses-gifts-and-flower-guide

advice box: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8746-fire-emblem-three-houses-advice-box-answers-how-to-be-the-best-counselor

Nah, that's fine.  Especially the lost items because they don't always belong to characters you'd think they belong to (or they belong to characters whom you can't give lost items to).  And sometimes advice box answers aren't always so clear cut.