[SPOILERS] Black Eagles ch. 11 question

• Integrity changed the title to [SPOILERS] Black Eagles ch. 11 question

after some consultation with an emergency brigade of one guy on discord, i popped a new hopefully less huge spoilery title on your topic. please don't do that again. the game is four days old.

Hi so to answer your question the Church path is about as long as Claudes and Dimitris, with Edelgards being the shortest path.

It shows the opposite situation of how the church is portraited than the one Edelgard shows, and gives you a lot of backstory for the Church and some more "spoilerly" members you had to fight in the Edelgards route..

Also important to note you lose your Lord and Hubert, in turn you keep four units one of whom is the oppressively strong Catherine... and (I haven't played it yet but) you have to maybe protect Rhea as she joins you as an NPC unit

4 minutes ago, Ronman5 said:

Hi so to answer your question the Church path is about as long as Claudes and Dimitris, with Edelgards being the shortest path.

It shows the opposite situation of how the church is portraited than the one Edelgard shows, and gives you a lot of backstory for the Church and some more "spoilerly" members you had to fight in the Edelgards route..

Also important to note you lose your Lord and Hubert, in turn you keep four units one of whom is the oppressively strong Catherine... and (I haven't played it yet but) you have to maybe protect Rhea as she joins you as an NPC unit

So I was wondering about Edelgard's route. If you don't pick her you lose her and Hubert, but if you do chose her will you lose all the teachers you recruited like Shamir or Alois?

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So I was wondering about Edelgard's route. If you don't pick her you lose her and Hubert, but if you do chose her will you lose all the teachers you recruited like Shamir or Alois?

Cyril flayn, and the ability to recruit Seteth and Catherine... you keep all teachers and knights of seiros

The Church Route seems to be the proper "Black Eagles" route as it matches in length with the other routes. In addition, it is the route the game defaults to if you do not meet certain conditions with Edelgard. (In essence, the "Edelgard" path can be considered the hidden, bonus route of Three Houses)

So, it is completely worth it to play through again to experience the Church Route. Besides the New Game + bonuses, you can optimize your team better now you know how the Black Eagles play.
- - - - -
Also, there's no rush to delve into the Church Route immediately. You can also play the other routes as well before coming back to the Black Eagles and making the other choice.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

The Church Route seems to be the proper "Black Eagles" route as it matches in length with the other routes. In addition, it is the route the game defaults to if you do not meet certain conditions with Edelgard. (In essence, the "Edelgard" path can be considered the hidden, bonus route of Three Houses)

So, it is completely worth it to play through again to experience the Church Route. Besides the New Game + bonuses, you can optimize your team better now you know how the Black Eagles play.
- - - - -
Also, there's no rush to delve into the Church Route immediately. You can also play the other routes as well before coming back to the Black Eagles and making the other choice.

Theres conditions to Ed's path? I didnt know that. I'm at ch 16 of her path. Is it support related?

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I already recruited Alois, Shamir, Manuela and Hanneman before the timeskip and none of them left me after I sided with Edelgard.

Edited by Hekselka

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I already recruited Alois, Shamir, Manuela and Hanneman before the timeskip and none of them left me after I sided with Edelgard.

Oh we can recruit Alois with this path? I've missed him then. :/ 

5 minutes ago, FabledKnight said:

Theres conditions to Ed's path? I didnt know that. I'm at ch 16 of her path. Is it support related?

From what I've gathered:

- You need a C Byleth x Edelgard and a C Byleth x Hubert (not 100% sure about Hubert)

- Go with her to her coronation when she asks you to

By doing those two things you unlock the option to pick her side in ch 12. 

Edited by Hekselka

Just now, FabledKnight said:

From my limited understanding... (I may be incorrect on this.)

Spoiler

1. You need to have a C+ Support with Edelgard. (See both C conversations with Edelgard.)
2. You need to talk to Edelgard, while exploring the monastery, during Chapter 11 of the Black Eagles. // She will ask you if you will join her where she is going. Say yes, and you will be on Edelgard's path. Say no, and you'll remain on the Church path. There is a big giant prompt on the screen saying "This decision will drastically change the story."

Personally I just reached the split option at Chapter 11, so I can't report on anything else aside from what I've read.

After you beat the chapter your given a prompt to Execute her or side with her, execute = Church, side = Edelgards route

Actually I think its before the chapter cause I think you need to beat Rhea... or that might be Chapter 12 idk this is based on small bits off footage I saw from Gameexplain

Edited by Ronman5

1 minute ago, Ronman5 said:

After you beat the chapter your given a prompt to Execute her or side with her, execute = Church, side = Edelgards route

Huh, so there's another opportunity. I suppose that makes sense for people who don't go exploring or somehow missed it.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Huh, so there's another opportunity. I suppose that makes sense for people who don't go exploring or somehow missed it.

Nope, it's not another opportunity. You don't get that choice unless you go to El's coronation. It's just another opportunity to go church if you don't like finding out what she did post-ch11. 

50 minutes ago, Ronman5 said:

Oh, the Crimson Flower route is the shortest? I was under the impression that all routes were the same length.

How long is it then?

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh, the Crimson Flower route is the shortest? I was under the impression that all routes were the same length.

How long is it then?

18 chapters, as opposed to 24. 

1 minute ago, wissenschaft said:

Siding with Edelgard seems like a bonus route they added late in the games development.

Doubtful; she's had basically all the promotional material. It is a bonus route, but it's definitely not a late-development addition.

What false advertising in game industry?! (insert surprised Pikachu face). 

Both Claude and Di are great guys, but I doubt game would attract big crowd on sausages fest and it would be bad idea spoil major twist of story too. 

16 hours ago, Metakirby said:

Oh we can recruit Alois with this path? I've missed him then. 😕

do you not talk to every character during exploration? you had one chance to recruit Alois, i think it was in chapter 10 or 11.

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

What false advertising in game industry?! (insert surprised Pikachu face). 

Both Claude and Di are great guys, but I doubt game would attract big crowd on sausages fest and it would be bad idea spoil major twist of story too. 

Not exactly false advertising, considering the game itself tells you to follow her. Hell, even the game opening shows only her and Byleth's relics. Having an Edelgard hateboner doesn't really erase what the game pushes. (Though I don't exactly like the favoritism in it, even though I agree with her ideals. Let people make their own decisions.)

And haven't they advertised perfectly fine on games with male lords in the past? Please. 

They didn't? Awakening, Fates, Echoes all put their main girls on front from get to go. Telius and game before had practically no coverage whatsover. Only example where advertised guy won crowd was when Dorcas died on poisoned mutton. 

I personally don't have "hateboner" as you said for Edie, but it's obvious her route is hardly more then bonus stage. Never trust trailer that's most basic rule.