Fire Emblem Three Houses Unit Tier Lists

It usually takes around 8 levels to master a class so grabbing both fiendish and darting blow isn't reasonable, unless you skip the advance class. Weight -3 is kinda hard to get since Annette is bad at armor and she already has a lot to skills to work on so not sure if you want her to become a wyvern lord. If you are using canto to move out of danger, why don't you just keep her as a mage with Thyrsus. She's already squishy anyways so losing 10hp isn't that big of a deal.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, leesangstar10 said:

It usually takes around 8 levels to master a class so grabbing both fiendish and darting blow isn't reasonable, unless you skip the advance class. Weight -3 is kinda hard to get since Annette is bad at armor and she already has a lot to skills to work on so not sure if you want her to become a wyvern lord. If you are using canto to move out of danger, why don't you just keep her as a mage with Thyrsus. She's already squishy anyways so losing 10hp isn't that big of a deal.

1. It absolutely does not take eight levels to master a class, especially when one of them is Mage, which allows for extra class experience from healing.
  2. There are no advanced class masteries worth getting outside of Lifetaker and Renewal. Qualifying for Wyvern Rider at 20 but delaying its actual use for a level or two to finish Pegasus is not a major sacrifice.
  3. You can switch back to an intermediate class and act as adjutant for Byleth (or another top unit) to finish off whatever you need if you don’t want to bother using a class in combat. This becomes completely trivial with the Knowledge Gems.

Just saying, it takes 50 actions to master an intermediate class (assuming you've purchased the Cethleann statue reward).

Depending on your pace of play this could take a long time, or be reasonable. If you're finishing maps faster and mostly killing enemies in one round of combat, then it will take a long time and you will definitely not hit two class masteries in a reasonable time frame. If you are not killing enemies when engaging in combat with them (either intentionally or not), then you will build class mastery quickly in relation to your level.

49 minutes ago, Hyper L said:

I feel like they should de make Mastery Skill take way less time to get.

And maybe a little less time to raise weapon rank too.

Agreed. Then it would make quick repost relevant.

23 minutes ago, Zoran said:
  1. It absolutely does not take eight levels to master a class, especially when one of them is Mage, which allows for extra class experience from healing.
  2. There are no advanced class masteries worth getting outside of Lifetaker and Renewal. Qualifying for Wyvern Rider at 20 but delaying its actual use for a level or two to finish Pegasus is not a major sacrifice.
  3. You can switch back to an intermediate class and act as adjutant for Byleth (or another top unit) to finish off whatever you need if you don’t want to bother using a class in combat. This becomes completely trivial with the Knowledge Gems.

1. If you are playing kinda of slowly or grinding maybe, but we assume optimal plays so Annette as a mage isn't going to be healing much, especially since she doesn't even get physics and won't be entering combat that much since she is too squishy as an enemy phase unit. My first play through it literally took all 10 levels for me to master a class and I was playing kinda slow so it definitely will take at least 8.

2. True I was just pointing how the time to actually get to wyvern rider ur prob gonna be at least 25.

3. True nothing to really say.

But I just don't see the real point in doing all this just so Annette becomes faster. Darting blow only works player phase so it doesn't fix her speed that much and she isn't going to double still since the axe weighs a lot. Also, being a player phase exclusive unit isn't that good and inefficient. Lysithea is an exception since she gets warp and a reliable boss killer. And wyvern lords are suppose to be enemy phase units so the class doesn't fit her that well. I rather just make her go through the mage route.

12 minutes ago, leesangstar10 said:

But I just don't see the real point in doing all this just so Annette becomes faster. Darting blow only works player phase so it doesn't fix her speed that much and she isn't going to double still since the axe weighs a lot. Also, being a player phase exclusive unit isn't that good and inefficient.

Being player phase exclusive is certainly a minus for sure but I wouldn't poo-poo it too much, this game feels more player phase focused than many FEs at least for now (Lunatic may change things) due to the availability of Darting/Death/Fiendish Blow, brave weapons/gauntlets/combat arts, and the fact that many enemies carry batallions and therefore have uncounterable gambits anyway, or are archers with too-high Bow Range for their point in the game.

3 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Being player phase exclusive is certainly a minus for sure but I wouldn't poo-poo it too much, this game feels more player phase focused than many FEs at least for now (Lunatic may change things) due to the availability of Darting/Death/Fiendish Blow, brave weapons/gauntlets/combat arts, and the fact that many enemies carry batallions and therefore have uncounterable gambits anyway, or are archers with too-high Bow Range for their point in the game.

yeah maybe I am punishing units a bit too much for player phase exclusive, but enemy phase is still more important. Also it is pretty much fact that she is the worst or second to mage in the game so honestly her tier isn't changing(maybe her placing within the tier might change).

Tbh i really don't like most mastery skills of advanced classes. The best are aegis and pavise and even them are not reliable. 

Weight -3 i mentioned because is a semi-staple, that you may want on everyone that can afford it. 

You are going to have just one thyrsus and you want lysithea because lolwarp, so unless you settle for caduces an alternative for the mages that can afford to do that is to switch into another class that can use magic weapons. It's not necessarily going to be better, but we are in the experimental phase, so why not try it, worst case scenario we recruit someone else to replace the failed unit. 

Personally i would go DK with annete. We can use the lance rank to qualify both for pegasus around level 18 and dk at 30. We don't really need to invest into flying because the exam can be passed at e and is reasonably easy at e+ wich only require 2 weeks.  Getting C into both axes and lances would delay magic range +1 and rank B battalions by some weeks, but those thing are not going to help Annette anyway if she is stuck as a Thyrsusless warlock.

I mean we were basing off of best builds for said unit and ignoring team synergy. So this is giving more of a chance for low tier units lol. 

Honestly I prob go that route(except pegasus) too since mobility and flair. I feel like Gremory is an overrated class. x2 magic use barely matters unless its for warp/rescue. x2 Fortify is nice ig but 4 feels like such an overkill, maybe 4 isn't enough for lunatic lol. 

3 hours ago, leesangstar10 said:

mention this and I just wanna add is that bolt axe is 15 weight and Annette has a 35% spd growth. She is in no way doubling, might get her double. Pegasus knight spd boost isn't enough since that's only 10%(basically your getting 1 extra spd every 10 lvls). She is also very squishy. Wyvern lords are front line units and she has base 25% hp and 20%def growths. Literally any grappler or axe enemy is going to one shot her.

I've done it, actually. It works better than you'd think. First because Wyvern lord fixes her speed, second because a flier with 1-3 range literally cannot be bad. Also because anyone can kill with death blow and a brave. She has a talent in axe, and is neutral in flying. It works.

Edited by Cysx

16 hours ago, Cysx said:

I've done it, actually. It works better than you'd think. First because Wyvern lord fixes her speed, second because a flier with 1-3 range literally cannot be bad. Also because anyone can kill with death blow and a brave. She has a talent in axe, and is neutral in flying. It works.

How does she have 1-3 range?? Isn't bolt axe 1-2 or am I just missing something? You forgot how her str growth is only 30% and how any other physical focused unit can be wyvern lord but do better. It's not like she's garbage, but she is terrible relative to the other characters.

27 minutes ago, leesangstar10 said:

How does she have 1-3 range?? Isn't bolt axe 1-2 or am I just missing something? You forgot how her str growth is only 30% and how any other physical focused unit can be wyvern lord but do better. It's not like she's garbage, but she is terrible relative to the other characters.

Upgrade bolt axe for 1-3 range (same with levin sword, magic bow gets 2-3 range). 

I haven’t tried it myself, but no other wyvern lord setup I’ve heard of is getting 1-3 range and targeting RES while keeping the benefit of axefaire. That’s a lot going on - I wouldn’t knock it before trying it, especially when someone is saying they have and it works. 

Edited by ApocaLips

25 minutes ago, leesangstar10 said:

I mean, she's never going to be the best wyvern around, at least I don't think. But you seemed to think it was a terrible idea(I did it on a whim myself), and it kind of isn't. Keep in mind it's really easy to stack Atk in this game.

And yeah upgraded Levin Sword and Bolt Axe have 1-3 range. It's also pretty nice because the comps to repair them(arcane crystals) get buyable lategame, and they're fairly inexpensive considering how few you need.

12 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I mean, she's never going to be the best wyvern around, at least I don't think. But you seemed to think it was a terrible idea(I did it on a whim myself), and it kind of isn't. Keep in mind it's really easy to stack Atk in this game.

Sorry, but I doubt that - I would much rather use a Levin Sword+ because it isn't nearly as heavy, and it doesn't have very spotty accuracy. It doesn't help that I'm convinced that axes suck in this game..

Edited by Shadow Mir

50 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sorry, but I doubt that - I would much rather use a Levin Sword+ because it isn't nearly as heavy, and it doesn't have very spotty accuracy. It doesn't help that I'm convinced that axes suck in this game..

No flier class has swordfaire, unfortunately. But Levin Sword is a great weapon too, and yeah, probably a better one all things considered since it's easier to double with. Though; the accuracy is 70 vs 60, and Axes get +20 from their lv 5 prowess as opposed to +10 for Swords, meaning for all intents and purposes they have the exact same accuracy. It's mostly the weight.

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, Hyper L said:

I think you guys are forgetting Crusher.

How about Magic Hammer Wyvern Annette?

Unfortunately, that's only available on the Blue Lions route due to also needing Gilbert.

Edited by Shadow Mir

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Unfortunately, that's only available on the Blue Lions route due to also needing Gilbert.

I mean, I reckon that's where she needs to be relevant most anyway.

Being good in other routes is a very nice bonus, but a unit's performance in their own route should be the key differentiator, IMO.

Edited by Hyper L

I'm doing a fresh run on a different account, and it's jarring to see just how strong recruited characters are. Recruited Felix/Petra are absolute monsters when they joined at level 11 - the only issue is their weapon ranks (Petra C swords, C axes; Felix C swords C brawling). They're like Catherine-lite - high base stats, poor weapon ranks. 

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's quite a take.

It's incredibly easy to patch up hit in this game once you understand how linked attacks work, and anyway axes partially patch their own hit with their prowess skills (they end up about 5 points below equivalent lances and 10 below equivalent swords). Weight is the bigger issue but there are ways to mitigate that as well, C in armour is an easy pickup and that alone goes a long way.

Meanwhile they still have the highest power and physical 1-2 options, and most importantly, are the -faire weapon of the strongest class in the game.

As I'm doing a fresh run without statues and without a ton of professor points, and without doing any aux battles other than merchant quest+paralogues (explore every other time), I've got to say  C anything is not trivial to get. Even with Leonie, who has almost perfectly optimized proficiencies, I'm probably going to end up being late to Paladin certification because I went for C authority on her

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

That's quite a take.

It's incredibly easy to patch up hit in this game once you understand how linked attacks work, and anyway axes partially patch their own hit with their prowess skills (they end up about 5 points below equivalent lances and 10 below equivalent swords). Weight is the bigger issue but there are ways to mitigate that as well, C in armour is an easy pickup and that alone goes a long way.

Meanwhile they still have the highest power and physical 1-2 options, and most importantly, are the -faire weapon of the strongest class in the game.

The other problem, which I neglected to mention, is that they're heavy. Some are heavy to the point where they're not worth it. Like the aforementioned Bolt Axe (which, by the way, IS seems to consistently make a joke weapon, considering that only one game made it usable, that being Awakening).

59 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The other problem, which I neglected to mention, is that they're heavy. Some are heavy to the point where they're not worth it. Like the aforementioned Bolt Axe (which, by the way, IS seems to consistently make a joke weapon, considering that only one game made it usable, that being Awakening).

I think axe weight isn't a huge deal. (Except in the first few chapters, where it is kind of a big deal.)

Past the early game you get access to Training Axe+, which has 1 less weight than Iron Sword+ with the same might (though 20 less hit). Iron Sword is not a particularly heavy weapon, so axe users get something reasonably light for most of the game. Training Axe+ is honestly a good enough weapon to be your bread and butter for all of pre-timeskip, and maybe even a bit into the time skip.

Towards the end of the game, your axe users are probably at 35+ strength. Combined with Weight -3, you can wield Silver Axes without weight penalty at this point.

Axes are heavier than the other options, but the bread and butter ones are manageable weight, in my opinion.

Some of them are kind of heavy for what you get, but there are strangely heavy weapons in most weapon types that are probably not worth the AS loss (for example, blessed lance weighs 14???)

Impression of the units after my completed GD run in normal: 

• Byleth: Amazing, not much more say. Her only weakness might be her defense, but skills can fix it. I put her in her default classes and did well. 
  • Claude: Honestly underwhelming in the beginning. He was not strong and notcfast either. He became much better as a flyer. Had much better strength and speed growth from now on. Of course three range is extremly great to kill two range magic users and mobility is always great. The later the game, the more he showed his potential. 
  • Hilda: Ironic character. She does not want to be put on the front line, but this is where she belongs to. As a wyvern lord she reminds pretty much on Miley or Jill. Great strength and speed and good defense. Her resistance was OK enough to take at least two hits by most magic users. Amazing unit from the beginning on! 
  • Lysithea: Most powerful mage in FE so far, so strong that she oneshots the majority of the enemies except maybe a few beasts with +70 HP. She could even do 70 damage to the final boss. She can be used as nosferatu tank, if she does not face fists or swordmasters. Only downsode: poor moment. Otherwise a deluxe unit. 
  • Raphael: He level one speed point in my run, lol, but as a knight he does not need it. He mainly exists to buff the movement of the allies. That is all he does. His combat against physical units is alright, but he only was brought to speed things up. 
  • Marianne: Died unfortunately. I think she would have been a good falcon Knight with thunder sword. 
  • Ignatz: Dropped him because of several terrible level ups. A decent adapter at best probably. 
  • Leonie: Overall balanced bow knight overall. 
  • Sylvain: The slower and a bit more tanky version of Leonie. Prefer her because of her higher speed and more double attacks. 
  • Lorentz: Making him become a paladin was bad because he lost the ability of using magic. He became outclassed by the other two mentioned above due to his low speed. 
  • Flayn: I made her become a dancer which was a wrong decision because she had a rescue staff. For a speedrun someone else would be better. 
  • Catherine: Fastest unit of my run. She ORKO'ed Edelgard in chapter 20. With evasion buffs she would be a good EP unit too. 
  • Shamir: She was a disappointment because her speed was bad. When I used her as support unit she finally gained some strength and speed, so I could semi-use her in lategame chapters. 
  • Seteth: Great flyer. Similar strength and defense as Hilda, but a bit slower. Still good enough to oneshot nasty mages.
  • Manuela: Did not use enough to judge her.