Fire Emblem Three Houses Unit Tier Lists

34 minutes ago, Cysx said:

More like -12, right? Unless you're talking of normal -> maddening. Hard mode already had a -4 malus, maddening pushes it 4 points further down.

It's -12 in two separate ranks, so -24 exp overall.

Edited by Silly

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Silly said:

Speaking of which, I'm curious as to how much less weekly study exp is applied to units that change to studying one thing (e.g. Mercedes studying faith exclusively).

33 minutes ago, Silly said:

But we were basing all of our builds on hard mode already. I personally haven't even played normal outside of testing the experience formula, I'm probably not the only one. Thus it makes little sense to emphasize a -24 gain when that's not really how it actually is, and we were never like "guys nothing is possible on hard mode, you lose 12 per month".

29 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of which, I'm curious as to how much less weekly study exp is applied to units that change to studying one thing (e.g. Mercedes studying faith exclusively).

Multiply the normal gains by 1.5, then add the strength/subtract the weakness, I believe.

Edited by Cysx

17 minutes ago, Cysx said:

But we were basing all of our builds on hard mode already. I personally haven't even played normal outside of testing the experience formula, I'm probably not the only one. Thus it makes little sense to emphasize a -24 gain when that's not really how it actually is, and we were never like "guys nothing is possible on hard mode, you lose 12 per month".

My point is that compared to hard mode you lose 12 per month in two separate skills, so overall your total amount of weapon exp is reduced by 24 every month.

You might only be 12 exp per month off of your normal Axe benchmarks, but you will also need 12 more exp per month to hit the Flying benchmarks you were hitting before as well, which means that your ability to start training a secondary skill like Armor or Authority has actually been delayed by 24 exp per month.

Edited by Silly

2 minutes ago, Silly said:

My point is that compared to hard mode you lose 12 per month in two separate skills, so overall your total amount of weapon exp is reduced by 24 every month.

Oh, okay, my bad.
Though, not every month is a 3 tutoring one, so let's not jump the gun on that front either. I estimated half of them weren't but that's actually inaccurate I feel, since post-timeskip there are a lot of those.

12 hours ago, leesangstar10 said:

Bernie: Same level when it come to bow knight with Ashe. Easier time becoming bow knight and better personal

I know I have an exceptional Berni and this biases me a little. But I think arguing with her on a Base on Archer makes her weaker. Because Cavalier/Paladin is a better class for her. Instead of just a Chipper she gets to be a one hitter pretty early in the game (One hitting DK is just flexing). Vengeance does sync well with her Personal skill. The only thing you have to be ready about is that all HP boost items will get into Berni. The good thing is, that she also does not need speed at all. Its actually the opposite. In late Game you want her to get hit twice to set her up more easily.

The only downside to argue is that her HP growth could be hit or miss. With Cavalier she has 55% and with Paladin she gets to 65% HP growth.
Str growth only becomes truly important after she reaches Paladin. Her default Value in Str as a Paladin is already a good start. 

Edited by Stroud

Just so you know I like did this at 3am and simplified it and I haven't played all routes yet.

10 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

On Maddening, investing into Neutrals or Weakness is less optimal because of the reduced weekly XP, and Dimitri just so happens to have a pretty great set of Strengths. Lances and Riding make him an easy choice for Paladin, the highest Move Advanced Class out there.

Should've included in the rules, but I assume units can reach the min requirement. As long as you plan it, you should be able to class change to bow knight. Forgot to include the vantage+wrath combo. I feel like it is a bit too late game, but hey Edelgard is S so might do that.

I would probably knock him down to B as he's a closer analogue to Gilbert as the super slow unit who's salvaged by Wyvern Rider. 

I pretty much put him there cause a middle ground between Gilbert and Dedue. Eh might drop, haven't played GD on maddening yet.

Ingrid should go to B+. Her performance in her own route is bad enough that she shouldn't be anywhere near Felix, one of the best units in the early game and probably the best Bow Knight as well (excluding Dimitri). 

I just put her here because I don't think there should be a 2 tier diff between her and Petra. I find her pretty useful early game because she doesn't get doubled and will double early game. Idk haven't played the final map yet. 

They're both not worthy of being in the same tier as Hilda or Ferdinand/Sylvain though. And on that note, Ignatz is better than both Ashe and Bernie because he has Rally Speed, and they do not.

Yeah def shouldn't be in the same tier. I'll change that. 

His bases are average across the board as are his growths. If he goes Cav, his Speed gets really bad. His most reasonable option is Mage -> Warlock -> Dark Knight, but his Speed is not particularly great, and neither is his magic. His reason spells aren't anything to really write home about either except for Agnea's Arrow, and he will only double slow enemies. He's too average at everything to be good at anything as he's outclassed pretty much in every way by another unit. He's not tanky, he's not fast, and he's not strong. He's perfectly mediocre, so I think he belongs to C+ tier. 

I only put him here because after getting the relic, he can enemy phase archers. Other mages are gonna take 10 dmg with an addition to poison strike damage. At this point, they are close to death. Lorenz at least can potentially take on 2 or 3 with nosferato. Idk maybe this is too much theory crafting. 

Lindhart's Physic + Warp is far better than Rescue + Fortify for Flayn, so I don't think they're even comparable.

I still think this is pretty good, but def worse. Idk it feels weird to have a healer so down there, but not sure yet. Also forgot that she gets fortify so late, might move her down.

Anyone can use a Relic. If they have a Crest, they take no damage. If they don't, they take 10 per attack with it equipped iirc.

As mentioned before with Lorenz. But yeah def keeping him here.

I think you're underrating Rally utility quite a bit here. The early part of the game is the one that's actually difficult. So if someone is good earlygame but mediocre lategame, they are much better than someone who is mediocre earlygame but good lategame. She also happens to have the best combination of Rallies in Strength and Speed, something no other unit will have reasonably, and she has it as early as Chapter 4

Maybe I am. You have a valid argument about that. It's just that I find myself only using her rally thus falling behind a lot and eventually dropping her after early game lol. Still her contribution early game is good enough.

I know I have an exceptional Berni and this biases me a little. But I think arguing with her on a Base on Archer makes her weaker. Because Cavalier/Paladin is a better class for her. Instead of just a Chipper she gets to be a one hitter pretty early in the game (One hitting DK is just flexing). Vengeance does sync well with her Personal skill. The only thing you have to be ready about is that all HP boost items will get into Berni. The good thing is, that she also does not need speed at all. Its actually the opposite. In late Game you want her to get hit twice to set her up more easily.

The only downside to argue is that her HP growth could be hit or miss. With Cavalier she has 55% and with Paladin she gets to 65% HP growth.
Str growth only becomes truly important after she reaches Paladin. Her default Value in Str as a Paladin is already a good start. 

I value consistency more, thus why Leonie > Bernie. I never said to make her Archer. You can be a cat/paladin while using a bow. 

Edited by leesangstar10

I think that this tier list needs to start separating by route.

For example, on BL route Ingrid drops significantly because you don't get to late recruit her with excellent bases, whereas Annette's utility increases dramatically due to Rally Strength + Rally Speed being really important in some of the earlier levels.

2 minutes ago, Silly said:

I think that this tier list needs to start separating by route.

For example, on BL route Ingrid drops significantly because you don't get to late recruit her with excellent bases, whereas Annette's utility increases dramatically due to Rally Strength + Rally Speed being really important in some of the earlier levels.

We could but that will require a lot of effort. 

9 minutes ago, leesangstar10 said:

I only put him here because after getting the relic, he can enemy phase archers. Other mages are gonna take 10 dmg with an addition to poison strike damage. At this point, they are close to death. Lorenz at least can potentially take on 2 or 3 with nosferato. Idk maybe this is too much theory crafting. 

Nosferatu sucks (8 weight/1 might). I doubt it.

Up for debate, but this is a tentative ranking for BL.

image.png.259c9175ede7984f6b4b64a35b070773.png

S tier are the best units in terms of availability/contribution.

A+ is most of the good cross recruits and the likely units you will want to target for recruitment to round out your team.

A are units that also have good contributions throughout the game but have some noticeable drawbacks.

B+ are the good filler units. If you use them they will probably turn out good.

B is the remaining filler units. They have niches that they can occupy.

C+/C are the bad filler units. I really don't want to use these guys if I don't have to.

I'm definitely open to comments/critiques.

Edited by Silly

I don't know if we necessarily need a tier list for each route. What I do think would be good are separate tier lists for whether the unit is a recruit or inherent to the route. I've already said quite a bit about why Ingrid is bad earlygame in BL, but how do you compare that to her pretty alright performance as a recruit? Inevitably, the unit's placement on the list won't reflect how good or bad they actually are in practice since it's essentially an average of their performance. Like, as a recruit, I think Ingrid being at A is fair. But in her own route, she really struggles due to an average base Speed of 8 and average HP and Def. I think just 2 tier lists separating these performances would be enough for a more accurate representation, although I don't think anyone has any personal experience across all routes on Maddening yet. 

57 minutes ago, leesangstar10 said:

Should've included in the rules, but I assume units can reach the min requirement. As long as you plan it, you should be able to class change to bow knight. Forgot to include the vantage+wrath combo. I feel like it is a bit too late game, but hey Edelgard is S so might do that.

Ok, that makes sense. The thing is though, Vantage+Wrath isn't particularly lategame. If you focus on it in place of Bows, then you can have it as early as Chapter 8. That gives about 14 more chapters to make use of it, and you get Retribution a chapter or two after, so the combo can come online around the time he reaches an Advanced Class. As good as Bow Knight is, to me that's the real lategame option since he can't make use of it until Level 30. 

46 minutes ago, Silly said:

Looks pretty accurate to my experience with BL as well. I think everyone here is pretty much where they belong for this route. 

56 minutes ago, Silly said:

image.png.259c9175ede7984f6b4b64a35b070773.png

S tier are the best units in terms of availability/contribution.

A+ is most of the good cross recruits and the likely units you will want to target for recruitment to round out your team.

A are units that also have good contributions throughout the game but have some noticeable drawbacks.

B+ are the good filler units. If you use them they will probably turn out good.

B is the remaining filler units. They have niches that they can occupy.

C+/C are the bad filler units. I really don't want to use these guys if I don't have to.

I'm definitely open to comments/critiques.

Does cross recruiting have inflated stats as for A+? I am guessing the A+ have weapon ranks optimal for later clases?

What does Ferdie come with that makes him top of A+? Lance and Axe ranks? Requiring a C armor kind too. And do you recruit these A+ ASAP or wait to specific chapter?

12 minutes ago, Johnzin said:

Does cross recruiting have inflated stats as for A+? I am guessing the A+ have weapon ranks optimal for later clases?

What does Ferdie come with that makes him top of A+? Lance and Axe ranks? Requiring a C armor kind too. And do you recruit these A+ ASAP or wait to specific chapter?

Cross recruited units get all their level ups in their current class, and they use the growth rates of enemy units rather than player units.

For example, let's say you recruit Leonie in chapter 11, meaning she joins at level 21. This means that instead of getting 4 level ups with commoner growths, 5 level ups with soldier growths, and 10+ level ups with cavalier growths, cross recruited Leonie gets a full 20 level ups as a cavalier. And these level ups are as an enemy cavalier class, which has +20 Str, +15 Def, +0 Spd growths, compared to the player cavalier class which has +5 Str, +5 Def, -10 Spd growths in those stats.

For Ferdinand specifically, I put him at the top because his default class benefits a lot from autolevels (enemy cavalier has good growths), has a good personal skill for the later half of the game, has access to a very good combat art (Swift Strikes), and his default weapon focuses are helpful (Lances + Axes). The axe rank means that he is most of the way to Wyvern Rider, just needing to spend about 2 months training flying before he can reclass. And the lance rank gives him a head start on Swift Strikes and is eventually needed for Wyvern Lord anyways.

I would recommend recruiting units in other classes anytime after chapter 6, as needed. The one exception is Lysithea, who benefits a bit from early recruitment because her biggest asset is Warp, and she doesn't train Faith by default.

Edited by Silly

15 hours ago, leesangstar10 said:
Spoiler

S tier:

Byleth: has one of the best and early access to a hero relic with great growth rates. Great reclass option with his unique class and flier class. Female is better than male due to pegasus reclass option.

Claude: a broken flyer with a broken hero relic 

Edelgard: Best class is actually wyvern lord. Her combat art is kinda like gale force hence making it possible to cheese maps.

A+ tier:

Petra: Serve as early game flier with good growths. Broken base stats late recruited. Easy access to great late game classes

Ditmitri: Easily the best bow knight in the game. Great growths, bases, and weapon.

Catherine: Broken the moment you get her. Makes the mid game a joke. Reclass her to a pegasus knight and later falcon knight and she will be relevant all the way through.

Dedue: Almost a must early game. Great bulk and offense. Will fall behind eventually, but can be Ditmitri’s permanent adjutant.

Mercedes: Best healer. Decent growths, base and great utility. Good for cross recruiting if you need an extra healer.

A tier:

Leonie: Good personal, growths, low investment, can become early game cav and provide stride. Great for late cross recruitment. Can easily be later promoted to bow knight despite late recruitment.

Lysithea: is amazing with the hero relic and best reliable way to kill the death knight. Best offensive mage.

Ingrid: Serve as early game flier with decent growths. Decent bases when recruited late. Tier below than Petra due to worse bases late recruited.

Shamir: Good prepromote with decent personal. Low investment and really helps mid game. Kinda falls off later. Great bases.

Seteth: Great flyer with good combat art, growths, and starting class. Late availability hurts

Felix: Great early game due to skill and stats. Can become a great bow knight. Late recruiting hurts due to it being hard to premote to good master class despite amazing bases.

Raphael: Dedue but worse. Great bulk and can tank a lot early game.

Linhardt: Best staff/faith magic utility. Can use warp and use physics. He can use gambits to make up the lack of not having an AOE healing spell. Offensively really decent too.

Marianna: Early game healer. Can get physics early. Other faith spells tbh r pretty bad. Good reason spell list.

B+ tier:

Hilda: Good axe user with great hero relic. Can be early game pegasus. Bad in authority doesn’t hurt as much since flier batallions are limited. But still great unit.

Sylvain and Ferdinand:  Lol similar design and growth rates. These two are very similar since they both will end up as great knights or wyvern lords(personally think you should do wyvern). Provide early game high mobility and could great stride users.

Dorothea: Average growths, but has access to great reason spells and physics making her pretty good. Tier lower than Marianna due to bad in faith initially so can’t get physics as early.

Ashe: Has class flexibility with becoming bow knight or wyvern lord. Decent in bow classes

Bernie: Same level when it come to bow knight with Ashe. Easier time becoming bow knight and better personal

B tier:

Ignatz: Worse than Ashe and Bernie due to low flexibility. Might move him next to Ashe and Bernie maybe.

Lorenz: Have potential to be an enemy phase unit. Has decent bulk. Average in offense growths.

Cyril: Basically he screams needing lots of investment. Has potential to be good, but there are basically better units with less investments.  Leonie is basically the same as Cyril as a bow knight (they both have 40% str and 60% spd but Leonie comes earlier) and Seteth when he joins you will have similar stats but with no investment and good personal skill. Still can become a solid bow knight or wyvern lord.

Gilbert, Alois: Bulk has become more important. Will require investment for good end game class.

Flayn: Great staff/faith magic utility. It is about the same as Linhardt, except she requires much more investment. Still rescue is nice to save the green units and could help move units that are behind forward. Still the investment cost makes her below Linhardt.

C+ tier:

Caspar: Just decent/average all across the board. He can be a good wyvern lord but will require lots of investment. War master is decent and their class mastery skill is amazing, but at that point, you will be mostly finished with the game. Bad proficiencies in bows and authority lowers unit placement.

Hubert: A worse Lorenz imo. His offensive capabilities is better but Lorenz has the staff that gives him +2 range. Also Lorenz is easier to promote as a dark knight and better bulk. Still solid unit. 

Annette: Her spell options aren't that good. Terrible faith spells and decent/alright reason. Hero relic is blue lion locked, making her even worse in other routes in other routes. (I am still judging this from all routes, only availability is route based). Has the worst spd out of the mage students. She can provide rally utility but only good early.

Manuala: Good staff/faith magic utility with warp. Unfortunately she is a big investment for her master class Gremory, Holy Knight, or Falcon Knight. Meh bases and bad availability.

C tier:

Hanneman: A worse Dorothea. Has similar spell list but with no physics and meteor is A+ reason, comes much later, and his spd growth is trash 20%. Still his thoron use and meteor is useful.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 12.29.29 AM.png

• Dedue - Way too high, he's a necessity in the early game for BL but he falls off hard, especially in part 2 where magic units become a lot more common which Dedue struggles against and he also joins late into part 2. Also ranking him in addition to his bulk because he can be "Dimitri's permanent adjutant" makes no sense since literally anyone can be an adjutant.
  • Dimitri - As another post mentioned investing in neutrals is harder since instruct exp is reduced in Maddening as well. Keeping him as a High Lord/Paladin is better (and less work overall) and he carries the BL pretty hard with Retribution. Having Wrath + Vantage is also a major + for Dimitri as well. Also, his part 1 performance is a lot better than Edelgard and Claude honestly (considering the Chapter 1-4, maybe 5 for some people are the hardest chapters on Maddening) due to raw power + Tempest Lance being able to deal with a lot of units (especially with Annette's rallies).
  • Raphael - No reason to be higher than Hilda, when Hilda is the better tank due to having better Speed and also having a Res growth. Raphael's strengths mainly comes from his early access to Rally Strength, and not his bulk. Yes, he can contribute early on by tanking enemies as well but, he doesn't scale too well later on. 
  • Linhardt - Yes, he has access to Warp but, his Warp range honestly isn't that great until the mid game (whereas Lysithea's Warp range is pretty great once she unlocks it due to higher Magic overall). Also every healer has access to the AOE healing Battalion so that doesn't make Linhardt special (also using Physic is better 90% of the time than the gambit). His low speed compared to Mercedes/Marianne forces you to have to make sure he doesn't ever stay in combat range since he'll get doubled and most likely die due to low Defense.
  • Hilda - As mentioned before, she has better Speed and Res (at the expense of slightly less Defense overall, and access to Darting Blow) which makes her the better tank throughout the entire game.
  • Ashe - Can go into Wyvern/BK but his bulk is non-existent. Even when I used him as a Wyvern Lord in hard mode and gave him most of my HP/Def boosting stat items, he still struggles to tank as well as other Wyverns. He also struggles with Bow Knight because of low Str and the lack of good Lance combat arts as a Cavalier. He can still contribute early with poke from Curved Shot/Deadeye but that's it.
  • Bernadetta - She's ranked high because of her Vengeance art paired with her personal skill going into the Cavalier route, not so much about her "flexibility".
  • Lorenz - Definitely the last thing from an enemy phase unit lol. Enemy phase unit implies that you can Warp/send the unit into a pack of enemies and the unit should survive and/or take them all out. Lorenz can barely even do that in hard mode unless he gets many Thrysus Pavise procs, Nosferatu/Ragnorak/Sagittae also weigh Lorenz down pretty heavily plus his low Speed will basically cause him to be doubled pretty often (yes I did use Lorenz, used him twice). Also he isn't the same as Hubert, when Hubert can also use Thrysus (he just suffers -10 dmg for lack of crest) and Hubert has more power/speed and also debuffing spells early on.
  • Ignatz - He's ranked higher because of his early access to Rally Speed, as well as having debuff through Break Shot which is beneficial early on. His potential as a Bow Knight isn't as good but, he makes a decent Dancer/Mage since his Reason list is ok (he can make do with Blizzard/Fimbulvetr because of his personal) and has access to Physic early on.
  • Cyril - That's really what makes him bad, he needs investment. There are a lot of potential BK/WLs that join earlier and will have more time to grow and late-joiners that come with solid bases. He can still contribute with Point-Blank Volley but, there's really no time and exp to invest into him when there are better options.
  • Caspar - He's not good because of his low base Speed, which means he's going to get doubled a lot early on (considering his bulk growths are just average and aren't too impressive) and even during the mid game unless you gave him Speed Carrots or a Speedwing (at which point, you might as well give it to a unit that's already ahead). He's not going to be as good as a "tanky" unit (as in a unit who doesn't get doubled and can survive a hit) like Edelgard, Petra, or Ferdinand (once he reaches that point).
  • Annette - Definitely understating Rally utility. I made her a Wyvern Lord (going Mage -> Wyvern Rider route) and used her to poke with Lightning Axe or Bolt Axe+ to be useful past the early game, while also having flier utility. I mean if we talking about efficiency, Annette makes units like Dedue and Dimitri stronger enemy phase units with Rally Speed and Str early on. Her Spd growth is the lowest but, Wind magic is light weight and literally all the other mages start at 7 speed so it balances out early on. 
  • Hubert - Underrated, he's definitely better than Lorenz, especially early on since dark magic deals more damage, Hubert has more magic/speed (Lorenz also has lower base Magic), and Hubert has debuffing spells with Mire. Hubert also has ranged spells (Mire, Banshee) which Lorenz lacks which compensates the negative effects of Thrysus. Even then, bulk doesn't matter with mages considering they really shouldn't be in the front lines at all, so Lorenz having more bulk doesn't really matter. His biggest downfall is just the accuracy of spells and not so much he doesn't have Thrysus or he isn't bulky.
  • Hanneman - He's honestly fine and not really a worse Dorothea when he has advantages over her. His base stats are fine enough considering his magic is on par or higher than Lorenz/Dorothea (possibly Annette and Hubert as well) at his join time with no investment. Speed growth sucks but, he makes up for it for having a much higher magic growth for better poke overall (along with his minor crest of Indech). He also has an edge over Dorothea for being able to wield Thrysus since he has a crest without the negative effects. Not having Physic isn't a big deal anyways, considering Dorothea isn't even healing that much with Physic and you should have healers that can do the job as well. I mean if we talking LTC, then you should be taking advantage of units that join late that come with decent stats so you can focus on just a few units early on.

(You should probably finish a run before you constantly generate tier lists, IJS, this is like your 3rd tier list lol)

Edited by Lunarly

Updated list since last time I posted. All four routes under hard/classic. If they’re not pictured, I didn’t use them enough to give an opinion. 

Edelgard B if she stays as the emperor class. A if you reclass her to a flier. Of the three lords I really think her unique is the most ill-suited. 

Honestly Annette/Hubert/Dorothea aren’t bad but why use them if you have Lysithea. Maddening mode came out and I’m not super far but I did find some uses for Annette’s rallies so maybe move her up to B.

All the healers are good, with Mercedes being the best by a small margin. She could go A or B for me, I just don’t normally put healers up that high beyond “good.”

I’m biased for Ingrid but B would be a fair evaluation of her too.

0B864837-CC1C-43A3-8F73-04C643BDF825.png

Edited by CarmineCoffee

So after clearing Maddening BE (Silver Snow). I also have some thoughts, while I am not making a Tier list at least I can point out how certain units have been useful for me, depending on the unit I have more or less to say. 

Ferdinand  - as a Flier definitely has great uses. Swift Strike is also a nice skill to have, which sadly comes a bit late with A. But even without it he can manage. His personal Skill may be downgraded by Level ups. But both increased hit and avo rate are nice to have. Hitrate should not be ignored.

Bernadetta - A bit of a wild card, she can either turn out really good or really bad. Fighter (Str +2) > Cavalier > Paladin really help her. The Bow is of course her secondary weapon. As it might be good to change her to a Bowknight at the end of Game. If her growth is good Paladin is not necessary anymore for additional Lance damage. Sadly the last chapter counters her.
Also her Skill growth is really good which helps a lot. She also should have a shield on her in case she can barely survive after getting hit with it. Later if her growth is well she can switch it out with Accuary Ring, for units like Falcon Knights. Also be ready to invest all HP buff items into her. As a trade she works without speed on player phase. Blessing is a Gambit you also want to use later if you get it. What I have to take away is that the DLC gives a +7 HP boost item. Which pushes her strong at the beginning. Mind that she works without speed investment. So you don't need to waste any speed carrots on her.

Dorothea - she is a thankful Dancer. Her good Charm growth is nice for this for one reason. Her main role is of course to dance, but occasionally its good to use an offensive Gambit which can hit a lot of enemy or hit all 9 Barriers of certain enemies. A good offensive Gambit is something you could trade of for a dance with even gaining something out of it. 
Also while its only one use with Dancer, Meteor is there.

Caspar - Really difficult, I think mine even had some good growth. But personally I struggled with him. Maybe I just failed to make the best use of him. Still if you are ready to care about him he will reward you in the Timeskip chapter on Church Route. If he can 2 hit with Gauntlets there it will help quite a lot. 

Petra - Really solid flier, I think I don't have much to say there, also rewards you on the Time Skip chapter if she is taken care of and can fly.

Linhardt - I appreciated Warp and his spells in general, but outside of that nothing special. But he is helpful in his way. And having 2 Warp users is an idea. (Particular Chapter 18 and 20).

----

Lysithea - was my compensation for benching Hubert pretty early. Nothing much to add, she has been discussed quite a lot already. Also I find 2 warp users nice to have. on 2 certain chapters later to make a quick end. 

To the rest which I used I have nothing much to say. Leonie was really helpful at the end though. 

Edited by Stroud

7 minutes ago, Centh said:

Does Cyril's personal increase his growths while not in your party? I could see him bumped up a bit if this is the case.

It does(or at least I assume) but, from my understanding since his natural class is Commoner and it has basically no growths even for enemies, he's one of the few physical characters that actually suffers statistically from being recruited late.

Edited by Cysx

51 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It does(or at least I assume) but, from my understanding since his natural class is Commoner and it has basically no growths even for enemies, he's one of the few physical characters that actually suffers statistically from being recruited late.

Ah, so it doesn't auto class promote him like other characters, so he gets stuck with commoner growths until recruitment?

4 minutes ago, Centh said:

Ah, so it doesn't auto class promote him like other characters, so he gets stuck with commoner growths until recruitment?

Yup. Unfortunately.

That being said, he's still one of the few characters with a brave combat art, which he learns very early to boot.

Edited by Cysx

On the topic of knight/teacher units, I think knowing when to recruit them is an important distinction. Off the top of my head outline:

Catherine: ASAP and work towards PG.

Shamir: later than Catherine but still school phase. Her speed is meh, so enemy growths help. Might depend on which house needs a good archer quickly.

Seteth: ASAP, as far as I can tell. He is a later recruit.

Alois: Unsure. His hitrate seems really poor and I've never used him. Free items?

Hanneman: Does it matter? Free items. He seems bad.

Manuela: As far as I can tell, her best asset(s)😉 is her spell list, so ASAP seems appropriate. Warp and Silence are nice even if she isn't a stellar unit.

Tell me how bad this is.

9 minutes ago, Centh said:

On the topic of knight/teacher units, I think knowing when to recruit them is an important distinction. Off the top of my head outline:

Catherine: ASAP and work towards PG.

Shamir: later than Catherine but still school phase. Her speed is meh, so enemy growths help. Might depend on which house needs a good archer quickly.

Seteth: ASAP, as far as I can tell. He is a later recruit.

Alois: Unsure. His hitrate seems really poor and I've never used him. Free items?

Hanneman: Does it matter? Free items. He seems bad.

Manuela: As far as I can tell, her best asset(s)😉 is her spell list, so ASAP seems appropriate. Warp and Silence are nice even if she isn't a stellar unit.

Tell me how bad this is.

Catherine: It depends I'd say. She gets amazing class growths(like, by far the best in the game) until she's recruited. At the same time, it's nice to have her weapon available and yeah, she has better classes she can be in and needs to build towards. Imo she's debatable.

Shamir: Unfortunately the enemy Sniper growths is at 0% speed, so there's no helping her in that regard. I'd rather have her early so she can work towards Hunter's volley asap or something but that's just me.

Seteth: You don't really get a choice.

Alois: He also joins very late either way, so it doesn't make much of a difference. He has speed problems but solid stats otherwise.

Hanneman: It doesn't really matter afaic, no. If you're gonna use him, might as well recruit asap, the enemy growth for mage is basically the same as the player one and he'll be busy unlocking Fiendish blow.
Fun fact about Hanneman, promoting him into a Warlock changes his outfit initially, but post-timeskip it becomes his commoner outfit again.

Manuela: Yeah, agreed. Like Hanneman, no reason to wait.

Edited by Cysx