Quick question about classes and weapons (potential spoilers...?)

I was wondering where there might be a resource as to which weapons are available to which classes. I made one of my mages a thief and suddenly he couldn't use magic. I thought all classes could use spells but i guess not. Are all tier 2+ classes restricted to specific weapons or no? And where might i be able to see which weapons are available to which classes? I can't seem to find it on the site. I could be blind.

Edited by Zanarkin

10 minutes ago, Zanarkin said:

I was wondering where there might be a resource as to which weapons are available to which classes. I made one of my mages a thief and suddenly he couldn't use magic. I thought all classes could use spells but i guess not. Are all tier 2+ classes restricted to specific weapons or no? And where might i be able to see which weapons are available to which classes? I can't seem to find it on the site. I could be blind.

Only the Mage lines, Noble/Commoner, and Dancer can use magic. All classes can use all weapon types. 

Sadness, but thanks for the quick response. Now i definitely have to give up on a healer Pegasus knight

Edited by Zanarkin

8 minutes ago, Rizaia said:

Anyone knows if there's any drawback to using weapons which normally wouldn't correspond to certain classes? for example if I use a bow as a grappler will it do less damage than if I was a sniper or something?

You lose out on bonus weapon EXP, and in the later classes you won't have the right faire skill, but other than that there's no downside to using a weapon off class focus.

20 hours ago, Rizaia said:

Anyone knows if there's any drawback to using weapons which normally wouldn't correspond to certain classes? for example if I use a bow as a grappler will it do less damage than if I was a sniper or something?

Nah, you just don't get the corresponding boost.

IE Grappler gives +3 boost to Brawl.

• If Raphael uses Steel Gauntlets,  3 (for strength) + 3 (as grappler boost) = 6 per battle.
  • if Raphael uses a Steel Bow, 2 (for neutral) + 0 (no boost) = 2 per battle

59 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Nah, you just don't get the corresponding boost.

IE Grappler gives +3 boost to Brawl.

• If Raphael uses Steel Gauntlets,  3 (for strength) + 3 (as grappler boost) = 6 per battle.
  • if Raphael uses a Steel Bow, 2 (for neutral) + 0 (no boost) = 2 per battle

By boost you mean the skill exp boost or you mean damage boost?