Mythic Hero Battle! Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31st - August 7th)

Diovani Bressan

A new Mythic Hero approaches!
Sothis, the Girl on the Throne, has descended and who dares to challenge her?

MHB-Sothis.jpg

MHB Map:

Ajc8Urw.jpgXhSUIFg.jpg

sothis-girl-enthroned.png
Sothis: Girl on the Throne
Mysterious girl that sits upon a throne within dreams. Full of emotion, her attitude
changes by the moment. Appears is Fire Emblem: Three Houses
32px-Icon_Class_Red_Beast.png?itok=HphQN Sublime Surge (Mt 16 / Rng 1)
Neutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.
If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.
Special.png Sirius (CD: 2)
Boosts damage by 30% of unit's Spd. Restores HP = 30% of damage dealt.
Atk-Spd-Solo-3.png?itok=CetzWwaM Atk/Spd Solo 3 (A-skill):
If unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd+6 during combat.
Wrath_3.png?itok=TMfeeTKh Wrath 3 (B-Skill):
At start of turn, if unit's HP ≤ 75% and unit's attack triggers Special, grants Special cooldown count-1,
and deals +10 damage when Special triggers.
Time's-Pulse-3.png?itok=Eoc-Pbkl Time's Pulse 3 (C-Skill):
At start of turn, if Special cooldown count is at its maximum value, grants Special cooldown count-1.
30px-Hardy-Bearing-3.png Hardy Bearing 3 (Sacred Seal / Abyssal only):
Disables unit's and foe's skills that change attack priority.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hilda That was amazing! I really like yours Askr Trio + Veronica videos!

For now, I was only able to beat Sothis on Infernal, but I will keep trying!

I also beat Azura's and Lyn's Abyssals. You can check the videos down below:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Okay, this turned out to be a surprising breeze.

Cleared Normal and Hard with low HM units.

Cleared Lunatic with L'Ephraim, Mageirika, Ursula and Titania. All first try.

Cleared Infernal with Canas, M!Marth, Linus and Ishtar (aka why this was possible). Canas is still beastly, but with some of these enemies I couldn't get enough done with just him and Ishtar pretty much salvaged the clear after Lancina failed to impress, especially due to the armours.

This one took less than 10 minutes...I'm disappointed because I was expecting something more challenging but w/e.

The usual power trio, with L!Lucina as the spare of the week again, cleared Infernal quite easily on the first try. L!Ike (even without the QR seal) demolishing the three right enemies on Turn 1 basically set the tone for how things went up until Sothis herself had to go down. 49 Speed after Solo didn't bode well for any attempts to tank her. Fortunately one axeman was still alive, so I managed to finagle things such that Sothis moved next to him in order to attack Ike, which weakened her enough for Julia to use a Brazen Desperation Glacies to finish her off (Dragon effectiveness? I don't need Dragon effectiveness to kill you...) with ease. Then the axeman himself got obliterated by Radiant Aether as an anticlimactic end to what turned out to be an anticlimactic battle. B!Lucina even got to actually fight for once rather than just buff Ike and watch him destroy everything.

1. L!Ike+1: Reposition, Axebreaker, DD3 seal
  2. B!Lucina+2: Reposition, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3 seal
  3. +Spd Julia+10: Divine Naga refine, Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Drive Spd 2, Brazen Atk/Spd 3 seal
  4. +HP L!Lucina+2: Luna, Spd/Def 2 seal

For all that I worship Julia and Divine Naga's Dull Everything effect, the L!Ike+B!Lucina combo really is too good. I've been using it essentially unchanged for two straight years and it has virtually never failed me in Hero Battles. Ike's ability to heal himself every round of combat assuming he doubles combined with Lucina's ability to triple-stack Speed buffs creates an incredibly-hard-to-kill Aether machine that I can simply plop down in one spot and watch.

Abyssal Sothis in one turn: 

Ok this was challenging (for me), I was running into ~10 situations where my units were 1 ATK or 1 SPD or 1 DEF or 1 RES short. I had to take away SS from Roy because he didn't take enough damage from the sword guy ... only to use a different route in the end *sigh*. A lot of SPD stacking for Cordy. Quad-fest for Three Houses! 

Btw: I couldn't leave Sothis for the final kill, her ATK/SPD solo would have been too much for my Cordy. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For now, I was only able to beat Sothis on Infernal, but I will keep trying!

Big thanks for opening the topic! Can't see the image of the map though. Perhaps better use imgur? 

Wow, I'm very jealous of your +5 Laev, she is really cool! One-shotting the newest Infernal boss and all of her minions, congrats!  

Azura didn't stand a chance against your full +10 combo. Nowi made excellent use of Null-C-Disrupt and Marth could score a surprisingly big part of the kills himself. 

Lyn was surprised by Laevs sneak attack, the rest was cleanup. Great clears, I'm surprised you had the time while playing 3H. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Askrtrio vs Sothis Abyssal

Flashing Blade 4 on Anna? Somehow I missed that until now, lol. 

Clever use of the trilemma healer. Most unexpected one-round kill of an Abyssal foe. Great positioning like always, congrats! 

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

The disjointed start tiles let me run full fliers with 2 beasts, so that was fun.

Naesala ... he wants me to merge him ... He just killed the sword guy in two hits where my Roy was struggling in 4 hits. 

Didn't even think of the beasts, thought quads were mandatory. Not for you though, congrats! 

43 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

This one took less than 10 minutes...I'm disappointed because I was expecting something more challenging but w/e.

Wow, she could have used a Brazen seal for more damage, but it wasn't even necessary. 

It was already impressive how Erika could one-round all foes in one round ... but she also eats hit from everyone at the same time without a healing special. Congrats! 

Btw: Does this approach work in AR as well? 

So it turns out my setup was crazy similar to @Alexmender. The differences being some skills and L!Marth instead of Eirika. 

I also did some random clears with other teams. I wanted to do a support solo with H!Nowi and it worked out fine, speed is truly the only thing to worry about with Bladetomes. My dragon team also completed it :D. I was expecting a much more difficult map than this but the only real threat was Sothis.

@mampfoidI tell you something, Sharena would have died with only RES/DEF Link buffs, she barely survived due to Trilemma. Sothis deals 50 dmg to Sharena with her Special without Trilemma on Sharena. That Healer was my salvation. I needed so much time until i got the positions correct so the Healer would hit us with Trilemma.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoidI tell you something, Sharena would have died with only RES/DEF Link buffs, she barely survived due to Trilemma. Sothis deals 50 dmg to Sharena with her Special without Trilemma on Sharena. That Healer was my salvation. I needed so much time until i got the positions correct so the Healer would hit us with Trilemma.

Haha, I can imagine. It took me quite some time to kill Sothis on her throne defense tile, but in addition you had to dance with all those reinforcements. AI manipulation is something I have yet to master, kudos to you! 

Work and three houses kept me away from heroes for a bit, but I did get a quick clear in. Another loli dragon means the kid team gets another go. Haven't gone with Abyssal yet, but for now Infernal will do.

As far as LHB's go this wasn't too hard. Only Sothis and the tin cans where a slight pain.

@Landmaster @Nanima @mampfoid @Robert of Normandy

Here's my one-turn abyssal Sothis clear. Used my Caeda for once since she was my only red galeforce unit that could get hit hard enough to end up in wings of mercy range.

Spoiler

Getting rid of Sothis in Abyssal difficulty is the hard part. Had to not only deal some Savage Blow damage to her but also stack a bunch of Atk boosts on Lyn (Sothis had like 68 HP left before Lyn just barely finishes her off).

Units used:
+Spd +10+5 Brave Lyn: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Blazing Wind, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, Brazen Atk/Spd 3
+Atk +3 PA Azura: Urdr, Sing, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3, Drive Spd 2
+HP/-Atk Legend Azura: Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, B Duel Flying 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Atk Tactic 3, Torrent Dance 3
+HP/-Atk Flier Olivia: Skuld, Dance, Bracing Stance 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3, Drive Atk 2

I didn't do Abyssal because fuck Abyssal.

But I managed to beat infernal with a team of PA!Azura, legendary Ike, Valentine's Ike, and Brave Veronica. It took a bit of experimenting and changing where my units ended up at the end of various turns, but the team does work marvelously.

And, like, it's pretty amazing that the main unit that made all of this work was Valentine's Ike with armor boots.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And IS still doesn't know how to make LHBs and MHBs that aren't stupid. Sigh...

and you still dont know when to stop moaning about LHB battles, it is everytime the same thing. Believe it or not some people like the challenge and the strategic thought it requires to complete them. There are plenty of peoples that appreciate a very difficult battle in FEH.

I am blunt and honest here:
Not every difficulty is meant to be cleared easy, thats why they are called: Normal Hard Infernal and Abyssal. Noone is forcing you to do Infernal and Abyssal. And if you cant handle those difficulties then work on your units or try different strategies, which is exactly the point of a STRATEGY-Game

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

and you still dont know when to stop moaning about LHB battles, it is everytime the same thing. Believe it or not some people like the challenge and the strategic thought it requires to complete them. There are plenty of peoples that appreciate a very difficult battle in FEH.

Not every difficulty is meant to be cleared easy, thats why they are called: Normal Hard Infernal and Abyssal. Noone is forcing you to do Infernal and Abyssal. And if you cant handle those difficulties then work on your units or try different strategies, which is exactly the point of a STRATEGY-Game

and just doing the pre-emptive strikes that we know that will come. :

Yes we know there are orbs, but it's just four/five and you don't have problems buying orbs.
There are guides, and yes we know, you don't like them, but still they are there
Yes, we know you have really good units, but you neeed to figure things out and change skills
Yes, people will help, and we know you don't take every piece of advice.
No, it doesn't need to be easier.
Yes we know you don't want to spend more hours on solving it. 

42 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I didn't do Abyssal because fuck Abyssal.

But I managed to beat infernal with a team of PA!Azura, legendary Ike, Valentine's Ike, and Brave Veronica. It took a bit of experimenting and changing where my units ended up at the end of various turns, but the team does work marvelously.

And, like, it's pretty amazing that the main unit that made all of this work was Valentine's Ike with armor boots.

Not surprised about Valentines Ike doing most of the work or being key. This map has only 2 blue units and only one of them is really a threat (the blue mage, the lance unit has lowish atk for an abyssal map). The map is clustered with Red and green units and some colorless, so Red units should work like a charm mostly here.

Also for anyone that is trying Abyssal. If you attack the red sword user with Infantry Pulse at Turn 1 it makes the map a bit easier because it prevents Sothis and the green mage to have instant charged specials.

Edited by Hilda

30 minutes ago, Hilda said:

And you still don't know how to not be rude. It's always the same thing with you too. Ever stop to think that if maybe you offered me a little polite advice once in awhile instead of complaining about my behavior, I might have less of a hard time with these things?

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and just doing the pre-emptive strikes that we know that will come. :

Yes we know there are orbs, but it's just four/five and you don't have problems buying orbs.
There are guides, and yes we know, you don't like them, but still they are there
Yes, we know you have really good units, but you neeed to figure things out and change skills
Yes, people will help, and we know you don't take every piece of advice.
No, it doesn't need to be easier.
Yes we know you don't want to spend more hours on solving it. 

I can't just buy orbs whenever I want and spend my money willy nilly. If I did that, I'd have gone broke a while ago. I buy casually, I don't whale.

Guides are fine, but I've built several 5 star +10 units and I'd like to, you know, actually make a lot of use out of them. But I haven't been able to because a lot of these maps are too hard. I've done things like change skills and seals, it rarely ever works.

I don't get why I can't clear things with my merged up Silas or Frederick or Summer Frederick or even some of my merged units that aren't +10 yet like RD Ike, Reinhardt, etc. I know some of these aren't the best of their unit type, but there are players like Zeo who clear things with freakin' Matthew and such. I'm not trying to do any solo runs with these guys or anything, just come up with a team utilizing them that works.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And you still don't know how to not be rude. It's always the same thing with you too. Ever stop to think that if maybe you offered me a little polite advice once in awhile instead of complaining about my behavior, I might have less of a hard time with these things?

I can't just buy orbs whenever I want and spend my money willy nilly. If I did that, I'd have gone broke a while ago. I buy casually, I don't whale.

Guides are fine, but I've built several 5 star +10 units and I'd like to, you know, actually make a lot of use out of them. But I haven't been able to because a lot of these maps are too hard. I've done things like change skills and seals, it rarely ever works.

I don't get why I can't clear things with my merged up Silas or Frederick or Summer Frederick or even some of my merged units that aren't +10 yet like RD Ike, Reinhardt, etc. I know some of these aren't the best of their unit type, but there are players like Zeo who clear things with freakin' Matthew and such. I'm not trying to do any solo runs with these guys or anything, just come up with a team utilizing them that works.

to the bolded. 
well i remember not even 1-2 weeks ago, i was polite, and you were extremely rude to me - to be dead honest with you it really turned me off and hesitant to even bother giving you advice at all, because it was your line basically of "i don't have to take every piece of advice given." then in all honesty, in my mind- i don't understand why i  should take the time to help you if most times you are not going to take it. (and quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where a lot of people are coming from when they address you). 

Every month it's the same thing. you can't figure it out. It's arena, it's AR, it's GHB, it's LHB/MHB - it's oh how hard this is, it's stupid, it should be easier,  it's bad game design, it's always something, and it's completely, and utterly frustrating. 

Zeo can clear things with "freaking Matthew" because Zeo knows what skills and tactics to use to support the clears he does. Not to mention that you have a complete wrong build on your Summer Freddy that isn't conducive to this map. 

sometimes, and it's about time it clicked in - they might not just work. if you want to force it you're gonna have to take time, and energy to figure out what skills and support and buffs/debuffs they need, or, change the team and use other units. end of story. 

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

to the bolded. 
well i remember not even 1-2 weeks ago, i was polite, and you were extremely rude to me - to be dead honest with you it really turned me off and hesitant to even bother giving you advice at all, because it was your line basically of "i don't have to take every piece of advice given." then in all honesty, in my mind- i don't understand why i  should take the time to help you if most times you are not going to take it. (and quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where a lot of people are coming from when they address you). 

Every month it's the same thing. you can't figure it out. It's arena, it's AR, it's GHB, it's LHB/MHB - it's oh how hard this is, it's stupid, it should be easier,  it's bad game design, it's always something, and it's completely, and utterly frustrating. 

Zeo can clear things with "freaking Matthew" because Zeo knows what skills and tactics to use to support the clears he does. Not to mention that you have a complete wrong build on your Summer Freddy that isn't conducive to this map. 

sometimes, and it's about time it clicked in - they might not just work. if you want to force it you're gonna have to take time, and energy to figure out what skills and support and buffs/debuffs they need, or, change the team and use other units. end of story. 

First off, that part of the post wasn't even directed at you, and you would know that if you would properly read it. And I DON'T have to take every piece of advice given to me. But that doesn't mean I absolutely never take it. I take it when I can, you just seem to only care about when I don't.

Swift Sparrow on a fast unit with decent attack is wrong? News to me. I'm normally told I made him a great unit. Oh, and btw, I added Desperation to his kit too.

To the last part- I've done that a lot and it never works.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

First off, that part of the post wasn't even directed at you, and you would know that if you would properly read it. And I DON'T have to take every piece of advice given to me. But that doesn't mean I absolutely never take it. I take it when I can, you just seem to only care about when I don't.

i know it wasn't directed to me. hence. if you would properly read how i replied. I'm not going to put words in hilda's mouth, but the way you responded to me a few weeks ago (and quite frankly right here) doesn't scream "let me help Ana."

you whinging about how difficult something is every map  and blaming it on everyone and everything else isn't conducive to "let me help Ana." 

when people say you know, take the time to read or study up,and you chew their heads off, it makes them less apt to respond to you with patience,. 

and considering 9x10 it's you saying you don't want to do ___ or you don't like ____ forgive me for noting the negative. it's a lot more numerous than you actually taking something in. 

I can't figure it out either. but i don't really have time this time  to figure it out. I'll work on it later - hopefully you can figure it out, and if you can't it's not the end of the world. 

Edited by daisy jane

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i know it wasn't directed to me. hence. if you would properly read how i replied. I'm not going to put words in hilda's mouth, but the way you responded to me a few weeks ago (and quite frankly right here) doesn't scream "let me help Ana."

you whinging about how difficult something is every map  and blaming it on everyone and everything else isn't conducive to "let me help Ana." 

when people say you know, take the time to read or study up,and you chew their heads off, it makes them less apt to respond to you with patience,. 

and considering 9x10 it's you saying you don't want to do ___ or you don't like ____ forgive me for noting the negative. it's a lot more numerous than you actually taking something in. 

..."read or study up"? Do you think there's some big textbook on playing Heroes or something? This isn't a classroom, it's a game. There's nothing to "read or study up" on. I can only have someone teach me themselves how to make better teams with these units I built. This is my problem that I'm struggling to fix and have not been able to do so. I can build units just fine, I just can't use them.

Edited by Anacybele