Mythic Hero Battle! Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31st - August 7th)

Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

As far as LHB's go this wasn't too hard. Only Sothis and the tin cans where a slight pain.

Oh, the twins solved it quite nicely. Kana didn't look like he had trouble with Sothis though. 

Congrats! 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

..."read or study up"? Do you think there's some big textbook on playing Heroes or something? This isn't a classroom, it's a game. There's nothing to "read or study up" on. I can only have someone teach me themselves how to make better teams with these units I built. This is my problem that I'm struggling to fix and have not been able to do so. I can build units just fine, I just can't use them.

https://vervefeh.github.io/FEH-AI/

This is a great resource to "read or study up". And trust me, it is one hell of a read. Perhaps it will help you understand the AI a bit more and how certain skills on both units or even the actual units on your team affect how the AI acts. While it isn't exactly tailored toward team building, knowing the AI and how it works is the first step of building a successful team for individual maps, rather than just going for the same old stuff that works for basic maps.

10 minutes ago, Maaka said:

https://vervefeh.github.io/FEH-AI/

This is a great resource to "read or study up". And trust me, it is one hell of a read. Perhaps it will help you understand the AI a bit more and how certain skills on both units or even the actual units on your team affect how the AI acts. While it isn't exactly tailored toward team building, knowing the AI and how it works is the first step of building a successful team for individual maps, rather than just going for the same old stuff that works for basic maps.

Ew, it's named after one of the worst characters ever...

But regardless, all I see here is a short summary page. No actual guides or anything. Also, I tend to have a hard time following text guides anyway. If there are video guides out there that show you how to do this stuff, I'd be all for that.

EDIT: Just realized that the oddly colored text are links. Eh... There is way too much to read here, I'd be spending days on it due to having other things scheduled all the time. Any chance there's a shorter guide out there?

Edited by Anacybele

When new Legendary/ Mythic map release, it's time for some upload.

@mampfoid I'm surprise that Cherche still quad things here while those enemies are speedy. Especially as abyssmal. Very well done !!

@Zeo @mcsilas I'm really sorry that I didn't have time to comment on some of your old clears. Especially, wet noodle BHB Caeda & Marth. My Shiro ate them like a snack so I feel bored to upload that map. But here I am, I have extra clear for today special 3 Houses. And I will make sure to comment after I see you guys upload here, now enjoy watching as always

It's not that I don't like "Fòdland Wind" but when it come to 3 Houses soundtrack. The best track must be "Tempest of Seasons" 100% no doubt or fight me lol

With Spd tactics from Kagero, Shiro have no problem to double things after he lose QR. I'm surprise it took only 3 turns and don't have to face all reinforcements.

Claude is my most favourite from 3 Houses so it's a good chance to let him fight this map. He won't kill much here because most things in this map is so bulky.

Edited by Ginko

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ew, it's named after one of the worst characters ever...

But regardless, all I see here is a short summary page. No actual guides or anything. Also, I tend to have a hard time following text guides anyway. If there are video guides out there that show you how to do this stuff, I'd be all for that.

Wah!

There should be links on the left side of the page to the guides and everything. While it is quite a wall of text, it is pretty useful, so try to give it a read if possible. I'm sure you could check youtube for some AI manipulation guides, although I doubt they will cover as much and, at least in my case, are difficult to return to if I need a quick refresher on something.

2 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Wah!

There should be links on the left side of the page to the guides and everything. While it is quite a wall of text, it is pretty useful, so try to give it a read if possible. I'm sure you could check youtube for some AI manipulation guides, although I doubt they will cover as much and, at least in my case, are difficult to return to if I need a quick refresher on something.

You must not have seen my post edit. I guess I put it in too late, my bad.

Gosh, it feels like It's been forever since I payed any attention to one of these threads, I've been focusing on the FE3 translation update so much. I've done everything up to Infernal, but I'm still trying to figure out abyssal.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

This one took less than 10 minutes...I'm disappointed because I was expecting something more challenging but w/e.

Wow, a 1 turn solo even, amazing! Fitting preparations music too.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok this was challenging (for me), I was running into ~10 situations where my units were 1 ATK or 1 SPD or 1 DEF or 1 RES short.

Haha, tell me about it.

Good job on the final clear!

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

As far as LHB's go this wasn't too hard. Only Sothis and the tin cans where a slight pain.

I guess this isn't your first clear with Raigh's prf, but it's the first I got a chance to watch and it's cool to see it being put to good use. Great job!

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You must not have seen my post edit. I guess I put it in too late, my bad.

Ah yea, unfortunately there isn't a shorter guide as far as I know. It is rather nicely labeled though, so if you just skim through the headings for each section, it can give you an idea of what sort of things affect the AI. If any of these happen to trip you up in aether raids, hero battles, or whatever, they may be worth reading through, such as rally traps or AI movement.

There are some Mia solos on his youtube channel that you can watch!

3 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Ah yea, unfortunately there isn't a shorter guide as far as I know. It is rather nicely labeled though, so if you just skim through the headings for each section, it can give you an idea of what sort of things affect the AI. If any of these happen to trip you up in aether raids, hero battles, or whatever, they may be worth reading through, such as rally traps or AI movement.

There are some Mia solos on his youtube channel that you can watch!

I still think it's too much to read and would rather have something shorter. I don't have all the time in the world to read big walls of text. I got other things I want to do and sometimes other things I HAVE to do.

Those would be useless to me. I don't even use Mia, at least not much at all.

I'm still of the opinion that we need more easier battles in the game. Not so easy that it's boring, obviously, but less maps with a million enemy reinforcements and super inflated stats, generally. Players that are big experts at the game might enjoy those, but I doubt a majority of the playerbase are big experts. A majority of us would surely prefer something a bit easier. I can't imagine many people enjoy doing these LHBs and MHBs and even some of the GHBs and BHBs.

Edited by Anacybele

I still think it's too much to read and would rather have something shorter. I don't have all the time in the world to read big walls of text. I got other things I want to do and sometimes other things I HAVE to do.

Those would be useless to me. I don't even use Mia, at least not much at all.

Well you won't get much better unless you take the time to read and study some stuff. If you do get a chance and feel like it, the guide is there.

7 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Well you won't get much better unless you take the time to read and study some stuff. If you do get a chance and feel like it, the guide is there.

Yeah, and I'm asking for a shorter guide that won't take me forever and a half to get through. Like I said, I have a life.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele After I saw you discuss with everyone else. I think I can help you a little with some tips.

Have you watch my 2nd clear? I think you can mimic my Sothe build for your Summer Freddy to kill sweep the right side of map like mine.

Freddy is strong with his def, you may adjust by giving him Ignis instead of Dragon Fang(or just use Dragon Fang if his ATK is high). His weapon can be anything that start with default special charges. The key is Vantage will help him kill the brave bow guy before he land a kill on Freddy.

The 2nd key is you need 2 Micaiahs to accompany your Freddy. But if you don't have them then I don't know what else to use. 2 Micaiahs can get rid of pesky armors and horses with no effort.

Bow Lyn can substitute with Claude. Easy done!!

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And IS still doesn't know how to make LHBs and MHBs that aren't stupid. Sigh...

Ana I have a question, what team are you using for clearing those? I saw Summer Freddy, correct? Are you using Original Freddy too? What about the other members of the team?

25 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Anacybele After I saw you discuss with everyone else. I think I can help you a little with some tips.

Have you watch my 2nd clear? I think you can mimic my Sothe build for your Summer Freddy to kill sweep the right side of map like mine.

Freddy is strong with his def, you may adjust by giving him Ignis instead of Dragon Fang(or just use Dragon Fang if his ATK is high). His weapon can be anything that start with default special charges. The key is Vantage will help him kill the brave bow guy before he land a kill on Freddy.

The 2nd key is you need 2 Micaiahs to accompany your Freddy. But if you don't have them then I don't know what else to use. 2 Micaiahs can get rid of pesky armors and horses with no effort.

Bow Lyn can substitute with Claude. Easy done!!

I actually did watch that.

Yeah, I found Summer Freddy as I have him could sweep the whole right side of the map...with three dancers. But then there's no way he can take out the blue mage due to the latter's Null Follow-Up. -_- That wrecks the whole idea I had behind him, outspeeding and doubling near everything. I love speedster Frederick because he's usually not known for speed. lol The only reason I didn't also try this on regular Frederick is because I also love tanks and I started out with a +Def Freddy that I'd pulled all the way back at launch as my very first green. So super tank role he went.

I only have one Micaiah (which is regular Micaiah) and never cared about her, so I never tried getting another.

I have Claude, actually, because he was my most wanted from the Three Houses gang. He's my favorite in that game so far! Except mine is +Atk, not +Spd like yours. And I don't have Swift Sparrow to give him, so I'd probably have to use Brave Lyn instead of him anyway. Someday I'd like to give him Swift Sparrow and Desperation though, since I definitely prefer him over Lyn as a character (Lyn is boring to me and I'm also getting tired of her gazillion alts).

I can't use your ideas now, but I definitely would like to keep them in consideration for the future.

And anyway, I actually ended up finding another way to clear infernal. With armors of all things. Usually they're my worst movement type. But I just found a way to win with GD Ike, Picnic Lukas, Halloween Myrrh, and Surtr. And it was partly thanks to being able to give Myrrh Distant Counter from one of the small pile of Byleths I got off the Sothis banner when trying for Sothis herself (whom I did not get...).

I don't intend to do abyssal, I don't care about the accessory it gives.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Ana I have a question, what team are you using for clearing those? I saw Summer Freddy, correct? Are you using Original Freddy too? What about the other members of the team?

Yeah, I tried different combinations of all the units I +10'd and stuff. But in the end I ended up not using them...of course. I seem to never be able to use them in these maps...

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Not surprised about Valentines Ike doing most of the work or being key. This map has only 2 blue units and only one of them is really a threat (the blue mage, the lance unit has lowish atk for an abyssal map). The map is clustered with Red and green units and some colorless, so Red units should work like a charm mostly here.

Yeah, both of the Ikes did really well, and Valentine's Ike was even able to tank Sothis (and do a significant amount of damage to her) at the end of the map. Of course, I did need to put an attack+3 seal on legendary Ike because otherwise he wouldn't 1RKO that green cavalier in the beginning, but that's what seals are for, I guess!

Experimenting is pretty fun, but I'm still not doing abyssal unless there's a good f2p solution I can use.

Yeah, I tried different combinations of all the units I +10'd and stuff. But in the end I ended up not using them...of course. I seem to never be able to use them in these maps...

I thought you weren't using three dancers at first. Now that you wrote that paragraph burned my first suggestion, I have two others in stock for you if you want them.

But first, can you tell me the skills and seals of Summer Frederick and your two best dancers (like Flying Olivia, Axe Azura or Legendary Azura if you have them).

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Experimenting is pretty fun, but I'm still not doing abyssal unless there's a good f2p solution I can use.

Phoenixmaster1 will eventually come up with something. However, it's going to take a bit longer for him than usual, if I recall right, because today is his birthday, so he's got that going on. His videos are really helpful though. Sometimes they don't work perfectly for me because I might end up with units whose stats and skills differ too much and cause the AI to behave differently (the most common problems being my RD Ike being too strong due to my merging him up some or my Olivia being +Spd and having a couple merges), but most of the time it doesn't take long for me to find a way to improvise.

I'm aware, I follow PM1's guides whenever I can. Although I have found some other people whose guides work better for me if my +spd Veronica or other non-neutral units mess up the AI too much.

And I'm pretty sure you have all the units I used for my infernal clear. We even have the same Valentine's Ike. So, like, as long as you have Performing Arts Azura this MHB is perfectly doable for you.

Being someone who regularly uses PM1's guides for Abyssal clears (I'm lazy, sue me), I'm not sure how anyone, who didn't start playing just recently and therefore has gathered resources over a longer period of time, can have a hard time clearing Abyssals if the can just simply go through the huge amount of different f2p/low-inheritance clears on youtube. I remember Eliwood's Abyssal from PM1 being rather bad for me, as I didn't want to inherit Panic+ for the clear, I just typed abyssal clear eliwood into the search bar and found a typical solution with Veronica, L!Ike, B!Lyn, Young Azura (don't fodder/send home/manual common free and neutral units like Olivia/Young Azura/the free Eir/Fjorm for example; you'd be asking for trouble then if you need guides to succeed, though there are so many, it still wouldn't guarantee failure).

Tho, this time, Sothis wasn't much of a challenge. Still haven't decided on maybe putting Special Spiral on Leon, but he could still kill most units with my typical Dancer -> Brave Bow approach. Decently Invested units, so not really replicable for anyone struggling, but yeah, dancers + nuker should work nicely here if you have an answer to Sothis herself (mine was TA Nowi). Olivia and L!Azura cheered for Leon.

@Alexmender I was so used to seeing Eirika with Aether that I was wondering how you were gonna handle this map without the sustain from it but uh. You don’t really need sustain if you kill everything in one turn, and it wasn’t even close. Amazing clear!

@mampfoid That was a close one! This continues to be a reliable group for you, even against content as difficult as this.

I didn’t want to spend a lot of time on this and just jumped in with Celica and three dancers right away. I was a little concerned about Sothis’s Hardy Bearing seal but really the blue mage was the most annoying enemy. Overall this felt like a very forgiving map layout.

I’ve gotta say I’m really proud of Celica for one shoting Sothis without Legendary Azura’s attack boost while she was on a fortified tile. She’s a beast!

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm aware, I follow PM1's guides whenever I can. Although I have found some other people whose guides work better for me if my +spd Veronica or other non-neutral units mess up the AI too much.

And I'm pretty sure you have all the units I used for my infernal clear. We even have the same Valentine's Ike. So, like, as long as you have Performing Arts Azura this MHB is perfectly doable for you.

Ah, I see.

I don't have PA Azura, actually. And really? You have a +Spd, -HP GD Ike? Wow, that is a crazy coincidence. But those are the best IVs for him, so lucky us on that! ^^

And I said earlier I cleared it with armors, which included GD Ike. You must've missed that. lol

Edited by Anacybele

it took me a while - but i got infernal. 😄
Celica and Dancer Party. (Olivia also needed to OHKO a unit - so Airzura got drive spd and drive atk as gifts). 
I need to figure out the abyssal because i'd love the sunglasses I trie dwith Celica but nope. not enough power. (wish i had Fury 4 for her)

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Kaden @mampfoid

Backstory: a friend said a commentary run could be cool, so i kinda sorta did this for a sort of mic test

Result: the voice recording sucked but eh

Imagine getting paid to come up with the work of art that is Legendary Eliwood

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

..."read or study up"? Do you think there's some big textbook on playing Heroes or something? This isn't a classroom, it's a game. There's nothing to "read or study up" on. I can only have someone teach me themselves how to make better teams with these units I built. This is my problem that I'm struggling to fix and have not been able to do so. I can build units just fine, I just can't use them.

If an architect says he can build a house but can’t use it, he’s a shitty architect.

If a mechanic says she can build a car but he can’t use it, she’s a shitty mechanic.

If a Fire Emblem Heroes player can build up units, but can use them, they...

Do you know how absolutely nonsensical you are sounding now? Why don’t you go ahead and tell someone who has never player chess before that ‘, it's a game. There's nothing to "read or study up" on.’ 

The fact that it’s a game is THE most important reason why you SHOULD study up and read. Because get this, games have RULES. And rules are things you should follow when playing a game. If you do not know the rules you make mistakes. And that is what has been happening to you for so damn long now. I made a long post in the AR thread that summed it up, I worded it as politely as I could, and what did you do with it? Nothing.

You have been whining for months now about everything being to difficult, and pretty much every piece of advice you disregard immediately (just like the guide offered here). If you by some miracle actually do listen to what is being said you often don’t even try it and then just say it won’t work for you anyway. So much so that you uninstalled the game because of your frustration. Well guess what, you are not the only person getting frustrated by your problems. To be completely frank and brutally honest, it has been sucking the enjoyment from my gameplay experience and visits to this forum as well; everywhere you look it is just advice being handed to you on a silver platter and you slamming it back in people their faces. I looked up a video guide for you and posted it in the AR thread because you said you learned better with visuals. First reply you made was ‘must’ve missed it(as if the video would disappear after a day). I pointed it out to you again, and still you chose to ignore it.

Do I think you are stupid? No!

I do still stand behind my post in the AR thread about not playing the same game. You say you want to be better at this game, but when someone gives you a detailed guide that explains the most basic AI principals and goes into great depths, you suddenly are to busy. (By the way by now i am expecting you have stopped reading because you think i am being rude, if that is not the case and you are still reading this, please give me proof of that by mentioning this paragraph) If FE Heroes is so important to you, you should fully be able to make the time because that is what people do; the prioritise the things in their life that are important to them. 

Now however, you are sounding like an entitled child that wants to be a rockstar like but doesn’t want guitar lessons because ‘they are to busy to practice’.

You want the rewards without the effort, and for me personally (but i suspect other would agree with me here), that just kills the mood here and stifles my enjoyment of the game.

PS, if you don’t believe me when I say you don’t know a lot about the games, I will go and search this forum to find all those instances from the last month or two, I promise you, it is more than you think.

Have a good day.

5 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

If an architect says he can build a house but can’t use it, he’s a shitty architect.

If a mechanic says she can build a car but he can’t use it, she’s a shitty mechanic.

If a Fire Emblem Heroes player can build up units, but can use them, they...

Do you know how absolutely nonsensical you are sounding now? Why don’t you go ahead and tell someone who has never player chess before that ‘, it's a game. There's nothing to "read or study up" on.’ 

The fact that it’s a game is THE most important reason why you SHOULD study up and read. Because get this, games have RULES. And rules are things you should follow when playing a game. If you do not know the rules you make mistakes. And that is what has been happening to you for so damn long now. I made a long post in the AR thread that summed it up, I worded it as politely as I could, and what did you do with it? Nothing.

You have been whining for months now about everything being to difficult, and pretty much every piece of advice you disregard immediately (just like the guide offered here). If you by some miracle actually do listen to what is being said you often don’t even try it and then just say it won’t work for you anyway. So much so that you uninstalled the game because of your frustration. Well guess what, you are not the only person getting frustrated by your problems. To be completely frank and brutally honest, it has been sucking the enjoyment from my gameplay experience and visits to this forum as well; everywhere you look it is just advice being handed to you on a silver platter and you slamming it back in people their faces. I looked up a video guide for you and posted it in the AR thread because you said you learned better with visuals. First reply you made was ‘must’ve missed it(as if the video would disappear after a day). I pointed it out to you again, and still you chose to ignore it.

Do I think you are stupid? No!

I do still stand behind my post in the AR thread about not playing the same game. You say you want to be better at this game, but when someone gives you a detailed guide that explains the most basic AI principals and goes into great depths, you suddenly are to busy. (By the way by now i am expecting you have stopped reading because you think i am being rude, if that is not the case and you are still reading this, please give me proof of that by mentioning this paragraph) If FE Heroes is so important to you, you should fully be able to make the time because that is what people do; the prioritise the things in their life that are important to them. 

Now however, you are sounding like an entitled child that wants to be a rockstar like but doesn’t want guitar lessons because ‘they are to busy to practice’.

You want the rewards without the effort, and for me personally (but i suspect other would agree with me here), that just kills the mood here and stifles my enjoyment of the game.

PS, if you don’t believe me when I say you don’t know a lot about the games, I will go and search this forum to find all those instances from the last month or two, I promise you, it is more than you think.

Have a good day.

Thank you Sal, this is basically everything I was trying to say to Ana yesterday, just a lot more fleshed out. 
and it was like i had said a few posts ago. People offer to help - and then there is this a rude response - ie: "I have a life." so, basically insinuating what? those who decided to read guides, or research what skills etc do don't?  the way I see it - it boils down to this. 

This month is my 1 year anniversary of truly starting to play FEH - as in knowing what the modes are, playing every day, being invested. before, it was like "Oh story, oh orbs, oh, summon." . I remember how I first got gripped into the game. I was in a hotel room in Copenhagen about to leave for a cruise with my mom and I was gripped with jetlag still. I pulled out my phone, noticed I had 2 hours to beat the Fallen Takumi  GHB (didn't realise it was my only way (at the time) to get the copies) and i only had F2P units and some rando-five stars i pulled. iwith literally 1 minute to go before the GHB ended - i got my 3rd star copy of Fallen Takumi and I remember feeling such joy and excitement that something I had been struggling for a few days finally kicked in

I joined SF when i got back from the trip, because i had questions about being better, and wanting to grow. There were so many obstacles in my way I didn't have that many great units (only Brave Lyn, Brave Ephiriam (who i didn't even know was the 'wrong choice' I just knew him over Hector and Veronica, and I remember i needed an Axe. I didn't even know he was amoured).  when BHB's came out I remember Johann helping me. XRay giving me advice on units. (though i do regret the Ike Merge 😉 I didn't realise the power of Neutrals!). 

I went from not knowing how to do hard mode of everything to slowly taking my time to beating one or two lunatics. I stumbled a lot in AR and Arena, and I took and soaked up every bit of advice, and applied it how i could, and explained in detail why i couldn't. I never let things like "art" or "not liking the character" stop me from investing in a unit. (though to be fair now that I am relatively 'good' enough, I can be a touch more picky..).  but never once in this whole year - have i said  "I wish the game would make it easier for me. or blame my failures on bad game design. 

and never once would i tell someone who helped me "I have a life, so no, I won't use the resources that you obviously used to be good in the game but i still want help."  - which is exactly that that implied - even if it was never said. 

in one year i went from not even being able to do Hard mode,doing only a