Mythic Hero Battle! Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31st - August 7th)

Diovani Bressan

@mampfoid I see that you've gifted Roy another A skill to play with. Seeing Cherche quad something will never cease to amaze me.

Kinda got bored of having Nino & Reinhardt break the game so I took Celica for another spin. I would have had Celica attack the green mage cavalier on turn 4 but she was 1 Atk short of KO'ing him even after LH!Azura's buffs so I had her toast the red armor knight first.

Spoiler

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done any LHBs manually all year (since Hector maybe) but in the absence of Pheonixmaster I decided to give it a go. And it turns out this map was the catalyst for me to finally fodder the spare Hector I had since late 2017 to Ares and thus the new captain of my horse team is born.

Nothing interesting in terms of execution, Ares runs around one-shotting things with his special, Oscar runs around Galeforcing all non-greens (and a green mage or two), and Reinhardt to melt armours. This would probably have been much easier if I had used Lazura instead of Olivia for the dancer but she's still level 1. All rather higgledy piggledy really.

EDIT: Oh, those are stairs in front of Sothis, not trenches. Oh well, probably wouldn't have changed the strategy anyway but boy do they look like trenches.

Edited by Humanoid

I somehow cheesed abyssal with Celica and Ophelia a few minutes ago. Team of 5* Celica (+Res, -HP) with unique refined Ragnarok, Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, and a Brazen Atk/Spd 3 seal, 5* Ophelia (+Spd, -Def) with Life & Death 3, Special Spiral 3, Savage Blow 3, and a Hardy Bearing 3 seal, 5* Reyson (+Def, -Res) with Escutcheon, Wings of Mercy 3, and a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* legendary Azura with a Def Tactics 3 seal.

Took a few tries to figure out the opening and how to proceed from there. Reyson started on the far left position allowing him to transform and reach Ophelia to give her a second turn to take out the Wo Gun cavalry, Celica started at bottom left position so she could use Draw Back on Azura to get her out of range when she refreshed Ophelia's turn, Ophelia started on the tile directly below the sword infantry who she takes out on turn 1, and Azura was right next to her. So yeah, by turn 2 Ophelia takes out the sword infantry, Wo Dao cavalry, and the blue infantry mage next to Sothis. Turn 2, she's in range to blow up the sword and axe armors that spawn. Celica moves up to finish up the Brave Bow archer and stays in range to take out the green mage. Everything after that was making sure I took out the reinforcements carefully so that nobody wasn't in range when it wasn't necessary. Reyson's Heron Wing healing helped with the later turns mainly for Ophelia as it turns out.

At the end, I thought I was in a no-win situation since Ophelia couldn't take out a one time Savage Blow chipped Sothis --7 less HP -- with Blazing Light and attack buffs because I had failed to take out and keep the healer away from Sothis. Well, with only those two left stalking my units and running away from them to regroup, I decided to take out the healer with Ophelia and thinking maybe I was wrong, maybe there was a shot at taking out Sothis with a charged special, and Ophelia didn't have an attack buff the last time I tried to take Sothis out. Turns out the healer had Trilemma and I forgot about it. She was able to survive a special from Ophelia and counter back as well which meant one thing: Sothis got betrayed. Ophelia and everyone else was inflicted with T-Adept and that was more than enough to let Ophelia take out Sothis.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:54 PM, mampfoid said:

Ok this was challenging (for me), I was running into ~10 situations where my units were 1 ATK or 1 SPD or 1 DEF or 1 RES short...

Looks like you got the last laugh in the end, with that 1 HP survival on Roy. Nice work!

@Landmaster

Always good to see Elise in action. And of course, Keaton doing Keaton things. I might have to try picking up a copy when he appears next...Nice job!

~

Normally I don’t turn on animations for longer clears, but I made an exception for this Three Houses theme team. I spent a lot longer on it than I really should have, but I enjoyed the results.

Spoiler

And of course, Celica and Co. have to have their turn.

Spoiler

Just glad the long cluttering discussion is over (for now). Felt to me like I read the same thing for the 100th time. 

On 8/1/2019 at 1:18 AM, Ginko said:

@mampfoid I'm surprise that Cherche still quad things here while those enemies are speedy. Especially as abyssmal. Very well done !!

Thanks! Cherche took advantage of all the SPD stacking I did for Cordelia. 

Shiro was pleased to meet Sothis, even if it was a short (and violent) meeting. This time you even skipped some reinforcements, congrats! 

Micaiah took care of Sothis, but I think Claude was a bit jealous of Sothe. (I'm curious for the 3H characters, but I don't know if I'll buy a switch anytime soon). 

On 8/1/2019 at 1:31 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Haha, tell me about it.

Good job on the final clear!

Thanks! 

I can imagine your setup will be hard to maintain here. Good luck! 

On 8/1/2019 at 5:20 AM, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid That was a close one! This continues to be a reliable group for you, even against content as difficult as this.

Yeah, I wish I could use more and different units of my GF cast, but Abyssal demands heavy hitters. I could have used Elincia instead of Roy, but she lacks SPD smoke. 

Glad Celica worked for you once again, still the best nuke, congrats! (That unbuffed one-shot was really cool) 

On 8/1/2019 at 8:00 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Backstory: a friend said a commentary run could be cool, so i kinda sorta did this for a sort of mic test

Haha, this one made my day. From now on I always demand voice comments. 

Obligatory Bloopers plus "first try", lol. 

Awesome one-turn clear btw! 

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@mampfoid - Lunge makes a return! Cherche and Cordy really needed a lot of Spd here today, smart leaving Sothis with a friend so she couldn’t get too fast for them~

Yeah, Cordy outbrained the newest skillset. Glad you liked it! 

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Three Houses, Grand Conquest, AR, Summoning; so much distracting me but I was able to get this clear done yesterday since it was a fairly easy one as far as Abyssals go~

Welcome to the adorable club, Lyn (lol hi Keaton)!

CC and threaten shenanigans, nice! CC on Elise seems odd first, but it helped her obviously. 

Keaton got to finish Sothis after some hunting through the pillars, congrats! 

9 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid I see that you've gifted Roy another A skill to play with. Seeing Cherche quad something will never cease to amaze me.

Haha yeah, Quad-Cherche is best! Roy got Brazen, even if never planned to kill a Linus anytime soon. Perhaps it will be useful in AR. 

Congrats to your Celica clear, she'll remain the best nuke. 

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Looks like you got the last laugh in the end, with that 1 HP survival on Roy. Nice work!

Thanks! Took me some time to laugh. ;- )

Cool 3H team, with a Galeforce Edelgard no less! Awesome finisher from Dimitri. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Micaiah took care of Sothis, but I think Claude was a bit jealous of Sothe. (I'm curious for the 3H characters, but I don't know if I'll buy a switch anytime soon). 

You were right, while I was sniping for colorless orb to get Claude. Those colorless bring my Sothe to +8 and Kaze to +6.

And then you know what, my first copy of Claude was -Atk/ +SPD T^T so I have to snipe again for 2nd copy to get rid of that flaw.

Then again I would go with Kaze instead of Sothe if Sothis doesn't neutralize the Bucket build.

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Turns out the healer had Trilemma and I forgot about it. She was able to survive a special from Ophelia and counter back as well which meant one thing: Sothis got betrayed. Ophelia and everyone else was inflicted with T-Adept and that was more than enough to let Ophelia take out Sothis.

That is hilarious. Never trust someone with a big stick. You'll never know when they'll stick it to ya!

@Anacybele Well I fixed the graphical glitches, thankfully Vimeo has a replace feature so no need for me to do anything else other than replace the source. But apparently trying to add an audio track causes it to lag and skip frames(but no ugly discoloration!) for some unfathomable reason. So no audio. I could figure it out if I wanted to. But it isn't worth the time. I mostly threw it up so that I could reference the movements just incase I try and tackle Abyssal with the same team. Plus it doesn't hurt just incase someone struggling sees something that helps them. Anyways I can't see these guys tackling Abyssal, but who knows I'll give it at least one shot once I am done with Forging Bonds.

I can stack Speed too, bitch! Along with everything else.

I'm a little late due to a Final Fantasy XIV update hitting the same day Sothis came out, but thankfully this wasn't hard at all. Grima gets yet stronger thanks to L!Eliwood's Bonus Doubler buff, letting her just rush into Sothis' formation and wreck everything with insta-Bonfires. Sothis barely does half of Grima's HP with her Turn 1 Sirius and is only a threat after she gets Wrath up, which she doesn't even get to use because of B!Ninian's Blárblade. Once Sothis is gone, the rest of the map is just finding ways to swag on the cannon fodder.

Alright, this is my unconventional sothis showcase, I think this is my first abyssal clear, but either way, took me roughly 2 hours of testing various skills and units before I got it down, seriously though, screw that sothis, almost oneshots everything I can throw at her, i had to build a very suboptimal ninian exclusively for this battle.

Now back to three houses, see you guys in 2 months.

I am a bit late this time, thanks to 3H. But today was a good day for it. I build Kronya and she actually is pretty solid with Special Spiral and Close counter, she just needs support for Armored enemies. 
Team was Selena, Kronya, Elise and L!Azura. 

I still use Elise because I kind of refuse to use Veronica. xD Sadly I don't know if Brave Camilla will switch out my Elise because 3 Movement are just too important for now. But I will see. Really depends on Maps anyway. 

Kronya's Build:

Athame, Moonbow, Reposion
A: Close Counter, B: Special Spiral, C Savage Blow, Seal Savage Blow.

Hope I don't totally regret giving her Special Spiral, because Ophelia was my other candidate. But she has to wait. At least I still have my Sonya, but Ophelia is slightly more consistent. 

nN11hXH.png?1

Edited by Stroud

Well as I had feared, no matter what I try I can't quite manage this with my clearing team. I even sacked a Rutger and a LA! Eliwood for skill inheritance and still nothing. A big reason why I dislike inheriting for these. You burn limited resources up for no gain.

Anyways about the only other thing I can think to try is to dump Goad on Ephraim. I do have a Hector sitting around cooling his heels. So I could give Ephraim both DC and Goad. With goad that would open his seal slot up for a bond. ATK/RES bond would leave him with enough attack to finish the Green Axe(without a bond skill the axe lives with 1 HP). The problem here is that Ike just barely survives the brave bow. I do have his heart blade refined with a defense refine so I could switch there, and I know the Blue mage will die regardless, but. . . the simple fact is the lack of ward will be leave me a bit more vulnerable. And finally, Sothis. I have no idea how I would kill her even if I manage all the reinforcements. Brave Hector can kill her if he can survive her counter. She will deal 31 damage to him if he is affected with TA. So he needs 10 more bulk from somewhere. More if I lose the ward. Also with the ward up he would need another point or two of defense after eating Sothis's counter. The lancer down there does 2 damage to him if memory serves. So he needs to be able to survive that.

I dumped the attempt in the spoiler if anyone wants to see where I am at. The final turn just has me showing the damage numbers for engaging Sothis.

Spoiler

I suppose time to go hunt down abyssal clear videos. I want those glasses, so I am going to have to copy someone.

Took a bit of creativity, but Leon and his fangirls (I finally have Flying Olivia) were able to take out Infernal.

It'll take a literal miracle, but if I ever get a fully merged Legendary Alm. . .tee-hee~!

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Well as I had feared, no matter what I try I can't quite manage this with my clearing team. I even sacked a Rutger and a LA! Eliwood for skill inheritance and still nothing. A big reason why I dislike inheriting for these. You burn limited resources up for no gain.

Anyways about the only other thing I can think to try is to dump Goad on Ephraim. I do have a Hector sitting around cooling his heels. So I could give Ephraim both DC and Goad. With goad that would open his seal slot up for a bond. ATK/RES bond would leave him with enough attack to finish the Green Axe(without a bond skill the axe lives with 1 HP). The problem here is that Ike just barely survives the brave bow. I do have his heart blade refined with a defense refine so I could switch there, and I know the Blue mage will die regardless, but. . . the simple fact is the lack of ward will be leave me a bit more vulnerable. And finally, Sothis. I have no idea how I would kill her even if I manage all the reinforcements. Brave Hector can kill her if he can survive her counter. She will deal 31 damage to him if he is affected with TA. So he needs 10 more bulk from somewhere. More if I lose the ward. Also with the ward up he would need another point or two of defense after eating Sothis's counter. The lancer down there does 2 damage to him if memory serves. So he needs to be able to survive that.

I dumped the attempt in the spoiler if anyone wants to see where I am at. The final turn just has me showing the damage numbers for engaging Sothis.

Hide contents

I suppose time to go hunt down abyssal clear videos. I want those glasses, so I am going to have to copy someone.

Because of your play style here, you run into a sustain problem. Bector can take down Sothis as long as he has enough hp so I'm thinking maybe you can try reciprocal aid on angry butler. Not once do you use him for position so I think it's a cheap option to try out. 

2 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

Because of your play style here, you run into a sustain problem. Bector can take down Sothis as long as he has enough hp so I'm thinking maybe you can try reciprocal aid on angry butler. Not once do you use him for position so I think it's a cheap option to try out. 

Interesting idea but I realized when I got to that point that Jakob only has 25 HP at that point. This did help me kill Sothis and I'll include my process in a spoiler. Just text of what I tried, but not everyone will want to read it.

Spoiler

So I tried Ardent Sacrifice instead.

Ran into the issue that Jakob's Drive Res was neccesary for the 31 damage number I stated. He needs 35 if Jakob moves down to heal him. Ardent only puts him up to 32. Ok, if drive res isn't going to be in range what if I try to heal by attacking+ardent sacrifice.

Lets try Breath of Life. AND. . . I forgot that it is adjacent and not within 2 spaces. Now I remember why I never use that skill.

Ok lets swap Jakob and Ike. Jakob doesn't need speed driven now that Hector has Goad.

Oh. I forgot Ike needs that drive res. Else the Green horse targets and kills him. I can try the DEF Heart's Blade Refine. Maybe he'll have enough HP left thanks to taking less damage from the bravebow.

It dies! But then. . . There is always a butt. I will put a screenshot of the aftermath and my thoughts in a spoiler. Again because some folks may just want to scroll past.

Spoiler

ISco78x.png

The Green Cav has its pick on who to kill. Too many units have too little hp left at that point for me to possibly survive. Pretty sure Ephraim needs DC so that he can murder the cav. There is only one problem with that. On Player phase he misses the KO by 6HP if memory serves. So I am not sure if he can kill that cav. His ATK bane finally bites me in the butt. First time it has mattered since I got him. However, I was "lucky" today and on the Countering skill banner I got a Brave Ephraim. At the time I was a bit disappointed to get Special Fighter fodder instead of DC fodder which is more highly desired, but maybe the Gacha God was giving me what I needed to clear this?

I will have to think about if killing my only spare DC fodder is worth this though. Ephraim is a strong fighter, but when I use a DC green axe I use Amelia. Huh. I could probably sub him out. But the goal was to do it with this team. If we are talking about subbing I have lots of units stronger than these guys(barring Jakob. Jakob just goes around killing stuff like nobody's business. He was actually killing that red sword at first, but then I realized Ike's special timing was off and he wasn't getting enough HP back. So that sword needs to live).

Edit- Amelia kills the green tome cav, but 11 HP Hector can't survive the staff. I decided to try this first. If it looked workable I may have tried it with Ephraim so that the team can remain true, but I didn't want to waste the fodder if there were other blocks I couldn't clear.

@ChickenBitsAnyways thanks for the Idea on how to beat down Sothis. I wouldn't have thought to try using a heal assist since I rarely use them. I actually forget they exist most of the time.

Edit- Well I managed it. Turned out healing wasn't at all necessary. At one point I needed more speed so I bit the bullet and sacked 100 grails to give Ike Goad armor. This and changing the Heart Blade to DEF was apparently enough to not only have Hector have his special charged but also to have just enough oomph to knock her out in one hit. So yeah. All that healing inheritance on Jakob was unneeded.

However, switching Ike's C to Goad caused the Staff to target him instead of Jakob. And I needed that TA on Hector. I had to swap out Amelia's and Ike's seals. Which gave Ike just enough Res to make him less appealing. But then Amelia got taken out by the Green mage cav. So I ended up giving her the HP/SPD seal to give her enough HP to survive since the drive spd seal was no longer needed due to goad on Ike. There was a bunch more stuff like this. Each change causing a cascade that required more changes, until I ended up with this. Which makes it look a lot easier than what it was.

Anyways here is the video. Don't know why my phone is lagging, but it has been doing that lately. Also the sound went tinny after being converted to a reasonable size with Window's Video Editor. No idea why and VLC would just desync. Don't feel like spending the time and energy to troubleshoot it.

Edited by Usana

Took a few attempts, but I was able to clear Abyssal with my usual flier nuke strategy. Took rearranging the seals a bit and having my dancers fight more than usual, but nothing too weird. I also finally had Legendary Azura grind up enough SP for Wings of Mercy 3, although I don't think it ended up relevant here since I ended up not needing it until after the second tier would have been fine.

One fortunate thing was that Corrin managed to do exactly enough damage to OHKO Sothis with Glimmer, so I didn't have to find room for more Atk buffs.

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

@LordFrigid Smooth clear, as is all of yours. It still bulges my eyes to see those 3 movement fliers. That Reyson is +ATK also, do you reccomend I go for that nature? I just pulled a +SPD one and I figured that would be the best nature.

@Alexmender New Abyssal map is just another map for your Eirika. Even after achieving the ultimate power I'm still a little envious of your Eirika here. I was able to do something like this with Matt, but it wasn't quite as easy. Matt was able to do it, but he broke a sweat and Eirika looked like she could do this in her sleep. Tanking Sirius like nothing for one...

@mampfoid Brilliant use of Lunge. I would usually point out a highlight but there was none really, it was as you said, a quadfest. I really enjoyed how you used Roy's positioning to line up everyone to just warp in and blow up the enemy. Cordelia tanking Sirius was a treat too. Quite a spectacle, this one!

@Hilda Enjoyed the Askr trio clear. The Nifl clears never cease to amaze me, seeing all those units at +10 and now with Dragonflowers is crazy, even still things got touch and go with Hrid when he was down to 1HP. You had a bit of a brain fart there at the end with Sothis and the healer, I hate things like that when I'm recording, but you figured it out.

Using L!Marth for maps like this is just unfair, but that last double clear mostly makes me realize how much more fun I could potentially have with the game if I had the funds to shell out for some premium fodder. I wish I had the kind of fodder I see you give your units in these clears.

Now for the clear you tagged me in. The Gunnthra clear was super nostalgic (even if I was missing Brave Ike), at the beginning I was getting "Saizo's just gonna solo everyone" vibes but the team started pulling their weight partway in. That 100 damage Astra from Gunnthra was really satisfying. You made the most of that Trilemma healer as well, using her staff to basically guarantee Sothis could do virtually no damage to Clair. Guard only made it even more unfair. I enjoyed it more than the Yune clear. I appreciated the synergy here too though. Matthew without Close Counter is weird, but Bonus Doubler is a great A skill that does in all fairness make him much more tanky. Having to kite Sothis until you set her up to fight Mordecai must have been a pain though.

@Ginko I'm always impressed when I see Shiro not only tank greens, but avoid doubles. He's deceptively speedy and it surprises me when I see him double on initiation. Because of that I wasn't as surprised as I would usually be when I saw him eat Sothis' Sirius the way he did. Though I doubt my +10 Lukas would have survived her double somehow. Kagero's damage is crazy also. Death Blow 4 is no joke.

Sothe surviving those hits surprised me in the second clear. His bulk is decent when you remove Life and Death. I never use Micaiah but it she and Sothe synergized well for this map nuking the armors and cavalry. I know Claude was meant to be the star of this clear but he didn't do much, even if he was given the privilege of the finishing blow.

@kirauza343 I liked that you got creative with Savage Blow to chip away at the top most enemies health and give Celica enough wiggle room to nuke Sothis. The blue mage on a def tile was going to be a problem, but nice use of a green dancer to help Celica take him out all the same.

@Landmaster DC Vantage Keaton is something I didn't realize I needed in my life. I could do the same thing with Swordhardt, but I feel like it wouldn't be the same. You really put all four of your units to work in this map. Usually clears like this will force you to split up your team but I wasn't expecting the four of them to literally spread out to the four corners of the map. Still it was cool seeing them all come together to kite Sothis at the end, even if I was disappointed that Keaton got the kill instead of Lyn. CC on S!Elise is quite the interesting choice as well.

@Usana I don't care if the units are OP. An all armor clear with no dancer or healer is an accomplishment I would not have the time or patience for. Bravo.

@Dayni @Quintessence @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima @mcsilas @DLNarshen @Flying Shogi @NegativeExponents- @Sunwoo @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Johann @eclipse @Vaximillian @Rezzy @daisy jane @Xenomata @Baldrick @Jave @Diovani Bressan @Humanoid 

This is what I've been waiting for. A battle to test my Matthew's true power. I had a lot of different ideas and I'm off this weekend from work so this was the perfect time to get it all out there. Brace yourselves guys, this is going to be a colossus of clears. The largest set of clears I've ever done (and likely will ever do) so grab a snack, some coffee if it's morning and get ready for a ride. It's the biggest release of clears from me, ever. The theme is FE7.

We'll get the most uneventful of the clears out of the way first. The Matthew clear. I thought Abyssal would be a cakewalk with my team but I was forced to do infernal sadly. The challenge wasn't using Matt to destroy his foes, but rather keeping his teammates alive which proved a bit too difficult with the layout of the map and reinforcement positions. Which led us to Infernal. The way I see it, if I can clear Abyssal maps with Matthew himself, he doesn't specifically have to be running his personal team. It's just a bonus if he can.

As for our Matthew clear, to keep it simple, all Matthew asked of his team was to watch his back so he could focus on the battle in front of him like with Azura. And that's exactly what they did. I had done this so quick I'd actually forgotten how I did it. I just ended up figuring out another way in a minute or two. Not that it mattered.

For Morgan it was a puzzle as you'd expect. It took considerably longer to crack this one. I required a few different base tools to start with: Sol and a Brazen on Morgan, Drive SPD 3 on Amelia in order to double Sothis and DEF Tactic 3 on Priscilla to double as a bulk increase for Morgan and Amelia's prf activation. The trickiest thing was to find a balance between Morgan's Sol and the Brazens, finding the right spots to heal and the right enemies to use his >80% boost on. The second trickiest thing was finding the right spot for Amelia to use her signature warp. It took some doing, about an hour or maybe a little less.

It was still incredibly clutch with Amelia having to tank a TA Red near the end, but all in all it came together quite nicely.

This was a clear I'd planned to do from the beginning. Serra comes back for her first LHB (or rather... MHB). I wasn't sure how she was going to be able to do it but I was determined to make it work. In this clear Serra is a lot more of a team player like Matthew used to be back in the day. Serra and Fae both being able to take advantage of L!Eliwood's support here was crucial, providing Fae with the bulk she needed to deal with the WTA. Sothis herself was the biggest worry as Serra lacks Mythic Boost to completely wall her off, but it turned out perfectly in the end. Everyone played a part in this clear. Even L!Eliwood himself got a couple kills here and there. 

Probably my second favorite clear of the batch. Don't miss it.

Bet you thought it was over? Nope! I said this set of clears was a colossus. A mega batch of clears. We've got a 4th clear and this time we take Matthew once again to clear the Abyssal map. He leaves his team behind for the unparalleled support of L!Eliwood to test the limits of his power. Bonus Doubler, Close Counter and Spy's Dagger make for an unholy trinity the likes of which you've never seen. The key here was Glimmer and that's all I'll tell you. Well... I'll tell you one more thing, this is the shortest clear. Blink and you'll miss it.

At last we have our final clear. This is one that's years in the making (yes I wanted to do a clear like this before I quit). Since my Matthew's creation I've wanted to do a clear where he, Serra and their lord Hector all come together to kick major tail. This is something that wasn't possible for a variety of reasons. Matthew wasn't ready, Serra wasn't ready, I didn't have Hector etc etc. It's taken years but we're finally here. My near completion of Serra was the last step I needed to make this a reality. 

For our last clear we have Hector and his vassals, Serra and Matthew work together to bring down Sothis. This one didn't go entirely as intended. I wanted it to be a bit more even between the three in terms of spotlight but a variety of things (like Hector dying over and over again) kept that from being possible. This one was the one I spent the most time on and actually re-recorded because I was unhappy with the result. But it wound up being my favorite clear of the batch. Seeing all three of these units come together is yet another one of the coolest things I've seen or done in FEH.

You'll see them again together someday. But for now, witness Hector and his most loyal vassals, finally united.

(Oh, and Ninian too, we have to make it a proper FE7 clear, don't we?)

I'd like to rest, but there's quite a bit I can do right now. So we'll see if I can cook anything up for a few different GHBS/LHBS before I have to go back to work when the weekend ends.

Cheers~

Answers time I think I'm not too late this time

Like last time they'll be in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

@mampfoid Clean as always, it was pretty impressive how Cordelia was able to quad Sothis despite the Brave weapon penalty and her tanking a Sirius while using LnD is really cool! 

About using a super unit in AR, I think it should work unless you're step in a bolt trap and get Aversa'd. I don't use Eirika in AR, though. That's just because I don't have many +10 units so she's stuck as a staple for Arena/AA/AB until the day I decide to get a high BST unit to +10 (or I get a bad natured S!Helbindi and then change Eirika for a OG!Marth or something). 

@ChickenBits Great minds think alike, haha! But it makes a lot of sense, L!Marth and Eirika work almost the same (Marth is more self-sufficient but has lower Res) so obviously both are more than capable enough of obliterating this map and every single map to come, it seems

@kirauza343 Wow! Celica didn't even broke a sweat while all the enemies just disappeared from her sight. Airzura had to give some offensive support because the blue mage refused to move from the defense tile but in the end the map was just a breeze. Props on killing Sothis without the need of field buffs!

@Landmaster Your team remains as impressive as ever! I kinda forgot Pegasus Carrot existed but it certainly came in handy for dealing with that pesky green armor. S!Lyn's mobility and high power is a lot of fun, isn't it? I remember wanting her only for collection purposes but she ended up as a unit I want to showcase a lot. Summer Elise with CC is a surprise, I see her as a little too frail for it but you proved my ideas wrong, she certainly makes good use of it and the link support she offers was invaluable for the clear. Keaton was the MVP in my eyes, there's not a lot to say about him that I haven't said before but I kinda want to see how much dangerous he'd be at +10. 

@Zeo 5 clears! Wow, I'm really astonished at your dedication to clears. I can never do more than 3 for any given map but wow! 

The classic Matt team clear went super smoothly with Matt taking care of the northen part of the map on his own while the others dealt with the tin cans and those that tried to run away from Matt's might. Not much else to say considering the team still has great synergy even if Matt has kinda reached a whole new level compared to the others. 

I love the Morgan clear. Having to leverage between the Brazen power and sustain is something that I find pretty hard to do but you pulled it off. The map itself was a battle of attrition where Morgan tried to nuke as much as he could while the others kept enemies at bay/created chokepoints/etc/etc. Like Morgan himself it was really tactical and the positioning was very precise. It was really awesome!

Even if her build still has ways to go, Serra is already pretty OP in her own right. There was never a moment where she was in danger and whenever her health got too low she would just absorb it from her enemies and charge Miracle again to keep the immortality loop going. Leveraging her Atk with Fae in order to allow them both to recieve L!Eliwood's Bonus Doubler and C-skill bonuses was very clever. I'd say this clear had the best music out of the 5, Golden Sun music to strike right in the nostalgia and while I can't recall the name of the song you played during the map I know for a fact I heard it somewhere and it's great!

The mega Matthew clear made me think of a few things. First I got surprised at how he was able to double the blue mage in Abyssal but not Infernal so I went to check the stats and skills and wow...Both Matt and Eirika really are behemoths, aren't they? After getting Eirika to sweep Abyssal maps easily I had grown numb to understand what kind of enemies she was facing because I just stopped checking the enemies stats and as such I started to assume they were chumps with low stats that anyone could take care of easily. Matt's clear really served as a reality check for me, I'm really dumbfounded at how easily I lost sight of the difficulty of these maps. When you think about it, it really is mind blowing to see what many consider a low tier Gen 1 unit sweep super hard maps so effortlessly.

Another thing it made me imagine was what would happen if I were to replace Ylgr for L!Eliwood one day, and I have to say that I kinda shudder at the very idea of it. Eirika already tramples Abyssal maps like they are children's play and adding Bonus Doubler to that is the epitome of overkill. I don't think there's anything in this game that could be able to withstand such a beast of a unit and at the same time it feels like getting Eirika to that level would sap my enjoyment from the game. It's really interesting when I think about it, guess I'm not ready to unleash Ultimate Eirika to the world anytime soon. Anyway, I think I rambled quite a bit about this one, haha. 

And last but not least, Hector and his trusty retainers go to take care of a sassy "child". The clear itself felt like Hector wanting to wreck havoc while Matt and Serra made sure he didn't get himself killed for being too reckless. They certainly made a wonderful job at keeping Hector safe but I feel he'd end up somewhat annoyed at how those two got all the fun and he was left to play with a tin can and some lame horse instead of taking the super threatening kid (who would've absolutely demolished him). While the kill count was a little unbalanced, the theme of the clear was displayed perfectly. Great stuff!