5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do you only get Renown from battles if Byleth is the MVP?

Nope, I believe you should also get Renown if your MVP already has max motivation. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Nope, I believe you should also get Renown if your MVP already has max motivation. 

I guess that's a bit better, though an odd criteria.

You also get a new area "Holy Tomb" where you can visit Sothis, who will grant you a very powerful buff "Sothis' Shield" once a month.

When you use it, it actually show Sothis' battle model.

Edited by Timlugia

On 7/31/2019 at 2:55 PM, mgunawan said:

It is NOT recommended that you fully upgrade right from the beginning, as doing so will prevent Blyeth from earning Renown from activities that would normally raise their Professor level, such as eating meals.

I am confused by this. I thought anything you did that raises your professor level (fishing, gardening, eating meals, etc.) doesn't also raise your renown in a regular file. Is this changed with New Game+?

6 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

I am confused by this. I thought anything you did that raises your professor level (fishing, gardening, eating meals, etc.) doesn't also raise your renown in a regular file. Is this changed with New Game+?

He is wrong, you don't gain renown from doing those things. Just upgrade your Prof level to A+.

13 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I guess that's a bit better, though an odd criteria.

Actually I tested it out, you just get renown for winning no matter who the MVP is on any battle it seems.

3 hours ago, Deatheggx56 said:

Actually I tested it out, you just get renown for winning no matter who the MVP is on any battle it seems.

That's better, one less thing to worry about having to micromanage.

Do we have a consensus on where to upgrade professor level? Does income from the church keep going up with Prof level or does it max out at 5k? Have we confirmed activities which give Prof level and renown don't give renown when Prof level is maxed (or getting both isn't something that happens). I'd assume maxing out Prof level would be ideal since higher income and more things to do each week (especially battle maps) would have rewards in themselves.

Will choosing a different Byleth affect what you can unlock (besides, obviously, supports)? I’m currently playing female Byleth in the Black Eagles route, but I plan to use male Byleth in the Blue Lions route. Are you also locked into that previous file’s difficulty settings like Fates’ “Branch of Fate”?

Just now, PokéStarz said:

Will choosing a different Byleth affect what you can unlock (besides, obviously, supports)? I’m currently playing female Byleth in the Black Eagles route, but I plan to use male Byleth in the Blue Lions route. Are you also locked into that previous file’s difficulty settings like Fates’ “Branch of Fate”?

I've hear that you can change difficulties, but I'm not sure about gender specific supports.

2 minutes ago, PokéStarz said:

S doesn't come into play until the game is over, so I don't think so?

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I've hear that you can change difficulties, but I'm not sure about gender specific supports.

4 hours ago, Centh said:

S doesn't come into play until the game is over, so I don't think so?

I meant more along the lines of skill levels and abilities. For example, would I be able to boost male Byleth’s Lance skill if I’ve only used female Byleth before?

Just now, PokéStarz said:

I meant more along the lines of skill levels and abilities. For example, would I be able to boost male Byleth’s Lance skill if I’ve only used female Byleth before?

Yes

17 hours ago, IzzyFresh said:

He is wrong, you don't gain renown from doing those things. Just upgrade your Prof level to A+.

Thanks. Really hope the costs for skill levels and whatnot aren't too much, since it seems that you don't get much renown anyway. If they are, may as well just grind everything out when DLC is released.

16 hours ago, Deatheggx56 said:

just to be clear here, this is only true for the maps that actually costs activity points. Normal grinding maps (which i used for the second playthrough to grind for skill ranks) do not give reputation, period.

So I am on NG++ and I don't know if anyone else already mentioned it but here is some info.

Any renown spent on the journal in NG+ isn't refunded when you start NG++. 

Crest items you were given for free in the start of NG+ depending on the route you followed in NG, don't transfer to NG++. However, you get the crest items of the route you followed in NG+.

Skills/supports for characters unlocked in NG and NG+ seem to stack for NG++. So let's say you A/B supported all BE characters in NG and all GD characters in NG+, then all those supports are available to unlock in NG++ using the journal. Also, skills unlocked for characters seem to stack for NG++ too. Let's say you raised Felix's sword to S rank in NG and then raised his brawl skill to S rank in NG+, you can unlock both skills up to rank S for Felix in NG++ using the journal.

Kinda of a bummer the renown spent on journal doesn't get refunded and you can't obtain all crest items for free if you do all three routes, but oh well...

2 hours ago, Zoderos said:

Let's say you raised Felix's sword to S rank in NG and then raised his brawl skill to S rank in NG+, you can unlock both skills up to rank S for Felix in NG++ using the journal. 

Can you confirm how much renown it costs to bumps skills up?

29 minutes ago, Zoderos said:

500 renown for each rank. 

Hmm, in that case, not sure if it's really worth it to spend renown on skill points as opposed to simply grinding (in Normal), especially if you don't have the saint statues maxed out yet. Guessing that there will be grind maps with the DLC eventually that will even work with Hard/Lunatic as well.

1 hour ago, jaramago said:

what crest do you carry over on ng+? are they exclusive path crest or are they avaliable though purchases? and if you purchase crest via Renown do you keep them on ng++??

In NG+ and subsequent playthroughs, you can use the journal to buy any crest item you want(1000 renown per crest item). If you want you can buy them all. However, you are given some for free depending on the route you completed. If you let's say completed BE route, you are given all the crest items associated with BE members plus all the crest items "lost in time"(these are crest items not related to any characters and are given to you for free regardless of the route you completed). So you will be granted around 9-10 crest items for free each playthrough. 

These crest items don't carry over to subsequent playthroughs, whether you bought them or not. Each new subsequent playthrough you will be given for free only the crests related to the route you followed on your last playthrough(let's say you finished BE in NG, then GD in NG+, in your NG++ you'll only get for free the crests related to the peole of GD, and any crests you may have bought in NG+ for renown, you'll have to rebuy again for renown).

Edited by Zoderos

Regarding the "Crest" items, does it allow others to wield the "Relic Weapons" with greater effectiveness, or is that still tied to their specific characters?