• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Brimney said:

So if you go to the ng+ amiibo location post time skip you find someone unexpected 

Hide contents

2D1DCA1C-546A-4A0C-9617-CC696A529980.thumb.jpeg.097f0e7de518c727b4e1d4ecad1484a0.jpeg

What. How. What.

I need to see this for myself when I get there.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

What. How. What.

I need to see this for myself when I get there.

I mean, it kinda makes sense, since at the beginning

Spoiler

the other form was discarded, meaning it had to have ended up somewhere

1 hour ago, Brimney said:

So if you go to the ng+ amiibo location post time skip you find someone unexpected 

What do you do in this amiibo location other than finding your alt? Do you unlock more things than in the amiibo Gazebo area?

Edited by MrPerson0

7 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

What do you do in this amiibo location other than finding your alt? Do you unlock more things than in the amiibo Gazebo area?

Spoiler

Pre-timeskip sothis will be there and grant you an ability to raise your teams res for 7 turns. Also some extra items 

36 minutes ago, Brimney said:
  Hide contents

Pre-timeskip sothis will be there and grant you an ability to raise your teams res for 7 turns. Also some extra items  

Ahh, ok. So this location is NG+ only then. Does the other Byleth say anything else? Or just hangs out there?

On 7/31/2019 at 9:55 PM, mgunawan said:

Acquiring Renown:

The amounts of Renown rewarded for typical activities are as follows:

Quests on Exploration Days in the Monastery: 200-500 depending on quest

Completing Battles/Quest Battles if Battle option was selected on Sunday: 100 per Battle if Blyeth is MVP (this does NOT include battles on normal mode that do not require Battle Points and can be infinitely farmed)

Completing Monthly Missions: 100 per Mission only if Blyeth is MVP

That's all for now; will update as more is discovered along the way.

Since I've gone through the trouble of confirming these stuff just now and posted them on gamefaqs too, I might aswell post them here too. 

Completing Battles/Quest Battles/Paralogues, basically any battle that costs battle points, rewards you renown regardless of who is MVP. MVP, be it Byleth or a student, having full motivation or not, doesn't affect jack crap when it comes to renown. You get the same exact amount of renown no matter what. Also, the battles on normal that cost no battle points indeed give you zero renown no matter what.

Completing Monthly Missions with Byleth being MVP doesn't reward you extra renown. I tested and soloed first few missions with Byleth and I got nothing.

To recap, you either get renown or you don't. Who is the MVP, be it Byleth or a student, doesn't matter at all. Any battle that costs battle points in Sundays, be it paralogue, quest battle or just an auxiliary battle, will award you renown. So if you want to maximize your renown gains, you only do battles on sundays and of course complete all the monastery quests.

MVP only affects motivation. Byleth being MVP gives 25 motivation to everyone. A student being MVP increases their motivation to max(100).

Kind of a weird question maybe but here it goes.

if I want to ignore the “timeskip costume swap” feature, will characters automatically switch to their aged up forms when I get to part 2 in a New Game Plus? Or do I have to manually switch everyone once I get to part 2?

if it’s the latter, that would border on being a dealbreaker for me. I like all the other features so far but if it stops aging up characters “naturally” when you go into part 2 even if you wanna ignore the costume swap then I don’t know about it anymore

Is there a list of crest items that are unlocked? If not, after completing Golden Deer, I received the following automatically:

Thorn Dragon, Wind Dragon, Bloom Dragon, Craft Dragon, Kalpa Dragon, Ice Dragon, Storm Dragon. Lightning Dragon, Dark Dragon, Star Dragon, and Snow Dragon

I posted about this on GameFAQs. But for some reason, when I started up a New Game + save as F!Byleth (which had Mercedes S-rank), Ashe's S-rank was unlocked too.

M!Byleth S-rank available for Mercedes in NG+ (and purchased):

Spoiler

KeZJwB9.png

F!Byleth S-ranks purchased for Ashe and Mercedes, using the same NG+ save:

Spoiler

RAGo7jQ.png

I have a rough draft theory, but I'm assuming that when you get an S-rank for a character, the game also unlocks it for someone on the opposite gender, in case you want to switch and you're not disadvantaged. But there's no logic to exclude those with S-ranks on both genders.

So the game did "Oh, you have S-rank for Mercedes? I'm gonna unlock S-rank for Ashe for when you go F!Byleth!"

Edited by Jacien

@Jacien Can you confirm if it's possible to save before the S-rank support, copy the save to another file, get two different S supports in both files while completing the game, which would allow both to be unlocked in NG+? Or would the S support only be available for viewing?

With NG+ S-ranks, it's only the one you chose and saved the clear game save with.  When you start NG+ you must choose a Cleared Save, and it'll only have the S-rank you chose. So you can't cheese it by making multiple clear saves, because you must pick one and go from there, it doesn't merge them together. So if you wanna see all S-ranks unlocked for purchase with Renown, gotta go through the game and get S-ranks each time.

If you only care about unlocking them in the Support Conversation menu on the title screen: Each time you save the game after getting a support or whatever, it'll update it there.

For example, I saved and it updated for Female Byleth.  I could even save to an empty slot, reload, buy others and keep on saving/reloading to unlock them all.

Spoiler

rIkb1jD.png

But what my post wanted to point out, that nobody mentioned, is that oddity where getting S-rank with Mercedes as M!Byleth, then starting NG+ as F!Byleth results in S-rank being available for both Mercedes and Ashe.

If this can work for others, it could cut the amount of runs a lot. 

Edited by Jacien

OK I'm fairly stupid so if someone could explain this probably obvious information to me, it'd be a big help.

So the NG+ asks me if I want to start a New Game when you go back into it, obviously. But that does mean I will lose all of the progress of the previous game, as in I will be starting over from the beginning, correct? I know I will have all of the Renown and Supports and the like, but the game itself will still restart as if it is a New Story?

I ask this mainly because I don't want that to be the case. I have 5 files so I can do my other runs on the other files that I have, I don't want to overwrite this one as if the game hadn't been beaten.

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I know I will have all of the Renown and Supports and the like, but the game itself will still restart as if it is a New Story? 

Yep, it'll start over from the beginning, letting you pick your gender, name, and eventually house, as usual.

@Jacien Oh no, I understood the point of your original post. Was wondering if it was possible to cheese the other S supports. Seeing that you can't, that is really unfortunate (unless you just want to add them to the menu on the title screen.

Edited by MrPerson0

1 hour ago, MrPerson0 said:

Yep, it'll start over from the beginning, letting you pick your gender, name, and eventually house, as usual.

Thanks, I'll not save over my original then and just let the NG+ serve for my other playthroughs~

What's the point of S-rank in NG+? Does it give better bonuses than A-rank? And does it look me out of getting an S-rank with a different character?

Also, is the bonus renown for starting NG+ just a chunk of renown at the beginning? If so, how much and do you get this lump sum on each subsequent NG+ as well?

Thanks!

Question about the Cleared Game Saves.

I just finished my first route (Blue Lions), and it asked me to create a Cleared Game Save. But it also said that if i want to use my current save, to save the Cleared Game in a new slot.

Is there any reason to keep both saves, or just save over my normal save with the Cleared Game save?

4 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Question about the Cleared Game Saves.

I just finished my first route (Blue Lions), and it asked me to create a Cleared Game Save. But it also said that if i want to use my current save, to save the Cleared Game in a new slot.

Is there any reason to keep both saves, or just save over my normal save with the Cleared Game save?

I believe you can launch more NG+ in future from that save file that was not overwritten. Once you start a NG+ you cannot exactly restart it. Plus, I am curious to see if future DLC will include a post-game of some sort.

1 hour ago, Andsello said:

After renewing all the statue, what do you suggest to upgrade when starting NG++? The professor rank or the supports?

Professor Rank. Depending on how much you are willing to spend, you can just go up to C+ for the extra battle (and naturally gain Professor EXP by playing) or just jump to A+ to not worry about things.

Supports are great if you want to transfer in students from other houses, as Support Rank B gives a chance for the student to come to you instead of having to grind out their recruitment requirements.

Otherwise, the Weapon Skills for Byleth may be a good option. Not only one can mess around with them, but it also helps in the Instructing part of the game since Byleth will have expertise in these skills, making leveling them faster for the students.

Now for a question of my own. Regarding NG+ Chains, and bonuses in general...

Does NG+ bonuses apply to any NG+ file, or does it have to be a continuous chain? Say I branch off and have two separate NG+ files. One file I try to make an "ultimate file" that unlocks nearly everything while the other is just a standard playthrough. Will these two separate NG+ files be able to share unlocks, or do they need to be chained playthroughs?

For a picture example...

4th Playthrough -> 5th Playthrough
L---> Ultimate File

Thanks in advance!

On 8/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, Landmaster said:

Thanks, I'll not save over my original then and just let the NG+ serve for my other playthroughs~

this is what i did. i have the Golden Deer Path saved so if something happens via dlc, i can continue w/that file. (and all of them really)

I need more slots. LOL