Okay so I need an answer about NG++. So when I finish my current new game plus playthrough, will I be able to use my renown to buy support for the house member from my original playthrough even if I did not recruit them in new game plus? Like can I start a new game plus file off of my new game plus file and everything pretty much carries over from my first two playthroughs to my third?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Soulless Curve said:

Okay so I need an answer about NG++. So when I finish my current new game plus playthrough, will I be able to use my renown to buy support for the house member from my original playthrough even if I did not recruit them in new game plus? Like can I start a new game plus file off of my new game plus file and everything pretty much carries over from my first two playthroughs to my third?

Yes. You get to unlock all supports (and skill ranks / class mastery) that you have previously unlocked, regardless of which playthrough it is. You can get something naturally in a 1st playthrough and buy it with renown in the 3rd.

6 hours ago, nocturnal YL said:

Yes. You get to unlock all supports (and skill ranks / class mastery) that you have previously unlocked, regardless of which playthrough it is. You can get something naturally in a 1st playthrough and buy it with renown in the 3rd.

Okay, that’s a relief! Thank you so much for answering my question!

A question for people who play through the game much faster than me and/or can datamine the mechanics:

Today's patch 1.0.2 apparently adds a 10,000 renown bonus for clearing paths, capped at 50,000, and will add 10,000 renown per cleared path to previous saves as well, and now keeps track of the number of times each path has been cleared (it apparently just kept track of which paths had been cleared at least once before).

The text is a bit ambiguous, so which of these interpretations is how the new bonus renown system works:

1) you get 10,000 extra renown on a new game+, for the first 5 times you finish the game, and then no further extra renown.
2) you get 10,000 extra renown on a new game+, as long as you don't already have more than 50,000 renown to carry forward.
3) you get 10,000 extra renown on your first new game +, then 20,000 extra on your second, on to 50,000 extra renown each restart after you've beaten the game 5+ times (which would be kind of amazing, because while that's not enough to remotely buy everything you'll have unlocked, it is enough that you can play around quite a bit on later replays, like you could get Byleth up to A in everything at the start, or buy everyone the skills to class into things that they normally have trouble getting into, or kit out a full field team with a full set of class mastery abilities).

Also, does that 10,000 only get added for paths you've finished in the same new game plus chain, or would doing a from-scratch maddening runthrough still add 10,000 renown to the next playthrough of your main save chain?

Does NG+ save data accumulate across all files? Or do I have to keep playing the same file to keep accumulating purchasable skills and supports etc.

For example. I complete the GD run, get A with Lysithea. Then I play a separate BE run where I never get support with Lysithea. After completion I start a NG+ file using BE clear data. Do I get an A support with Lysithea?

1 hour ago, Kunan said:

The text is a bit ambiguous, so which of these interpretations is how the new bonus renown system works:

It seems clear cut to me. From the patch notes:

Increased the bonus Renown for selecting New Game + at the start of the game.

In addition to the usual difficulty bonus, 10,000 Pts. will now be added each time you clear a path.

The max threshold for bonus Renown is now 50,000 Pts.

If you already started playing using New Game + before applying the DLC data, 10,000 Pts. per cleared path will be added to each save slot the first time it is loaded.

Up to Ver.1.0.1, only the type of path cleared was saved but not the number of clears for the same path, which will now be saved applying the DLC Ver.1.0.2.

They seem to specify that the max threshold for bonus Renown is 50,000 points. That makes it seem that you will get 10,000 points for first clear, 20,000 points for second clear, 30,000 for third, 40,000 for fourth, and 50,000 for fifth and onward clears.

Also, from what I recall, the Save Editor for the game seems to max renown out at 999,999. Don't know if that's how it actually works in the game, might test it out tomorrow.

55 minutes ago, Dr Rockso said:

Does NG+ save data accumulate across all files? Or do I have to keep playing the same file to keep accumulating purchasable skills and supports etc.

For example. I complete the GD run, get A with Lysithea. Then I play a separate BE run where I never get support with Lysithea. After completion I start a NG+ file using BE clear data. Do I get an A support with Lysithea?

From what I have heard, as long as you keep everything on the same NG+ chain, yes, data will accumulate.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Meru said:

Would anyone know if stat increases when using items are carried over? 

All stats are reset upon starting a new game+, and all items are cleared from your inventory/storage (except your shop/battalions).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Silver Wind said:

How does the DLC affect NG+? If I bought a DLC on NG+, and used the items in that playthrough, will I be able to get the items again on NG++?

All DLC items will be available again as soon you have access to your own room in the monastery.

21 hours ago, FoliFF said:

All DLC items will be available again as soon you have access to your own room in the monastery.

Great. This is my first time getting a dlc in any game on any medium, so I'm new to the mechanics of how they work.

I just finished my first playthrough (CF) and I have two questions:

1) When you finish the game, you get the opportunity to save at two points: just before seeing the paired endings and credits (without the Sothis icon) and just after seeing those (with the Sothis icon). I saw that all my Support conversations and cutscenes can be seen on Extras, but didn't find a way to review paired endings (even after starting NG+ and getting to the first Explore day). Does the game keep track of paired endings in any shape, or do I need to keep the save without the Sothis icon to review it?

2) Say I start a NG+ (on say, GD) overwriting the save with the Sothis icon. If I want to start a new BL run before finishing that GD run, can I do that even though the "original" finished save has been rewritten?

Thanks!

1: No, paired endings are not tracked. I've been adding mine to https://fireemblemwiki.org/ as I go to preserve them.

2: Starting a NG+ does not override the Sothis icon. Having said that, you will only be able to buy back things you earned on completed runs. To go off your example, if you start GD, get some supports with Hilda, then start BL without finishing GD, you won't be able to buy Hilda's supports.

• 1 month later...