Question about the week/month system

STORY SPOILER!

I think I made a huge mistake.

A new month started and Flayn went missing. After I ran around and talked to everyone I chose to enter the knights dorm (?) because it said my exploration time would end and I had nothing else to do. Then a fight started and Flayn was found. A new month began after that and I think I skipped 3 whole weeks of exploring and fighting...

Maybe I could have ended the week just by pressing L or would that also trigger the Fight/Story?

Edit: This "problem" is more or less solved. Thank you all for replying! Feel free to comment your experiences on this topic anyway.

Edited by Raymund
solved

36 minutes ago, Raymund said:

Maybe I could have ended the week just by pressing L

Yes, you could've.

There isn't a whole lot do do during that month anyway though, all you missed was more chances to build up Support ranks and stuff.

Yeah, that chapter almost stole me a month of instructing, luckily I always play on 2 savefiles because I'm a paranoid. Admittedly the game DOES give you a notice when you're about to do it, but it's not really too clear on what's going to happen, I thought it would just skip the rest of the exploring.

Just now, timon said:

[...] luckily I always play on 2 savefiles because I'm a paranoid. Admittedly the game DOES give you a notice when you're about to do it,[...]

I also play with 2 savefiles. unfortunately the game made me save on one file and the second one is multiple hours behind my current state. I hope I didn't miss any important story or interactions...

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I reloaded because I thought that 2 weeks of instruct would be a lot, and I also had a save of like 10 minutes earlier so why not. But as it turns out, even on Hard/Classic you can very much go on with missing a few, since you end up a bit overleveled anyway.

Edited by timon

You missed blue-balling Seteth for a whole month and getting, like, two-or-three weeks of battles/seminars/additional exploration periods.

Doesn't really matter much either way.  If you never went about finding her, you'd still fight the same battle and find her regardless, the difference being that you probably would be slightly more leveled/have maybe a few characters' support ranks up by one level if you decided to use the other weeks to engage in other activities.