Can the Devil Axe backfire during a triangle attack?

I know New Mystery bypasses both hit and crit chances during a triangle, but I am curious about whether it prevents the Devil axe from backfiring. Has anyone seen it backfire or have sufficient knowledge of the game's internal workings to confirm if it is impossible?

probably

It's happened in the GBA games, so chances are it'll happen here. Your choice as to whether the payoff is worth it, but most enemies won't need a Devil Axe to critkill them by the time it's available.

22 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

It's happened in the GBA games, so chances are it'll happen here.

Wait, did you have use Binding Blade's General triangle attack with a Devil Axe in the FE6 AXES ONLY (plus roy) run you advertise in your sig and have it backfire? If so I may have to check that out.

6 hours ago, X-Naut said:

most enemies won't need a Devil Axe to critkill them by the time it's available. 

Well you get the Devil Axe in the middle of the New Mystery arc where dragon show up far earlier than they probably should, and on higher difficulties the bulk of some of those Dragons makes the Devil Axe crit kill one of the only things that can one shot them...