Best class for your characters

Garlyle

I feel like some units are overpowered with some classes, I'll share with you guys what I found to be the best so far. Let me know if you found anything better.

• Petra: Swordmaster - going up in training from myrmidon-mercenary, Petra is pretty op with swords and high crit rates and evasion. (currently testing Mortal Savant for her)
  • Claude: Wyvern General - I was worried in his training if I could turn him into a good mounted archer - game said worry not.
  • Raphael: Fortress Knight - also, he's pretty good with brawler weapons. An armored knight who doubles before the enemy and walls against monsters? Perfect.
  • Lysithea: Gremory - ok, honestly any magical class is good for her, make sure to raise both her Reason and Faith, she gets good skills earlier than others. An accessory to raise her magic range is also recommended.
  • Catherine: she doesn't need to change class, she's amazing out of the box. Levelling her up shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't had the opportunity to test this out yet, but I definitely want to get Ingrid into Wyvern Lord. Her high res and speed complements the class's high defense and avoid, meaning she should be really hard to kill. Its high strength also fixes her kinda middling base and growth, plus she has a strength in flying and lances, so you only really need to focus on axes so she can promote into the class.

Been using Marianne as a pegasus knight and honestly she's amazing. Thanks to her frozen lance she can one shot just about any enemy and this holds especially true for monsters or horses if used in conjunction with a horseslayer or blessed lance. Obviously frozen lance can be used in any class but flying let's her quickly get into action and the canto helps her get out of range from any nearby enemies afterwards since her squishiness along with heavy weapons means she's easy to kill.

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Been using Marianne as a pegasus knight and honestly she's amazing. Thanks to her frozen lance she can one shot just about any enemy and this holds especially true for monsters or horses if used in conjunction with a horseslayer or blessed lance. Obviously frozen lance can be used in any class but flying let's her quickly get into action and the canto helps her get out of range from any nearby enemies afterwards since her squishiness along with heavy weapons means she's easy to kill.

I kind of struggled with her training, but I also planned to turn Marianne into a flying unit. Problem is, fliers can't use magic apparently, and since she was my main healer the lack of her great white magic would've went for waste. Due to playing the game blindly as much as possible, she accidentally became my dancer, yet I have no regrets about it. Either dance or Physic is good from her, or she could do some damage with Nosferatu where needed. All I had to do is give her more movement.

14 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I kind of struggled with her training, but I also planned to turn Marianne into a flying unit. Problem is, fliers can't use magic apparently, and since she was my main healer the lack of her great white magic would've went for waste. Due to playing the game blindly as much as possible, she accidentally became my dancer, yet I have no regrets about it. Either dance or Physic is good from her, or she could do some damage with Nosferatu where needed. All I had to do is give her more movement.

Yeah they can't which was really upsetting to find out because I was hoping Falcon Knight would be able to use white magic. Now I've changed focus to get her into holy knight but at least pegasus gave her a much needed spd boost. Dancer sounds real good too though (and adorable) Maybe I'll try that in another playthrough.

The lack of magic was troubling but I find that the game just throws a never ending supply of vulnaries and concoctions so it wasn't too bad and when I got Manuela it became even less of an issue.

This may not go here, but what intermediate class are you using for Edelgard? Lord seems to me that only fits Dimitri, so I'm deciding between Armored Knight and Brigand, which do you think would be better for the route in Hard/classic?

I know that Armored Knight will give me more defense and Brigand will allow me to have more attack and speed, but I'm curious to know your opinions.

Edited by Joseph

I haven't used all of the characters. I benched some. I've been testing on BL and this is what I feel like the best classes for my units so far:

• Petra: Wyvern Lord - She was so strong on my BE run. I tried Assassin on BL, but she got RNG screwed. She's fast, yes, but she can't kill anyone due to low str and decent dex. 

• Bernadetta: Sniper/Bow Knight - The combat art by mastering Sniper is really good. However, I switch her to Bow Knight for utility sometimes. She's honestly a crit machine and excels in both.

• Sylvain: Wyvern Lord - I tried both Great Knight and Wyvern Lord, but he was far much better as a Wyvern Lord. High str, spd, def + flier. Might test Great Knight again by going Armored Knight tree. 

• Ingrid: Falcon Knight - I got her Paladin mastering ability. She tanks mages due to high res. She also tends to crit a lot because of her absurd high dex. She always dodges and doubles. 

• Lysithea: Dancer - She is amazing as a Gremory and I know it's probably her best class, but she can still one-shot as a Dancer. Gave her Levin Sword+ and the staff that adds 2 magic range. 

• Marianne: Holy Knight - Frozen Lance + canto is really great. I wanted to try the pegasus tree, but Ingrid is honestly just better. She was my main healer as well.

• Felix: Mortal Savant - He's also good as a Swordmaster, but he was way much better as a Mortal Savant on my 2nd run because he kept gaining mag.

• Hilda: War Master. She was honestly blessed with the RNG. Tank, doubles, and dodgea.

Edited by Spectrum

Petra: Brigand -> Wyvern. Death Blow and STR growths are useful as her base STR growth is only 40. Turned her into a beast with her high speed. I also unlocked armored knight at lvl10 to get the def boost.

Edelgard: Armored Knight -> Brigand -> Wyvern. I managed to get both armored and death blow so she's indestructible when attacking. I also unlocked mage so she can use that if required (so annoyed armored lord is non magic, like WTF!?).

Bernie: Archer -> Sniper. Will make her a bow knight eventually. She does it well and can't really do much else better. Might be worth trying her as a cavalier to boost strength. Or as a Brigand for str and death blow.

Ferdinand: I screwed him up. Went Mercenary to get vantage but kept him using swords rather than axes. My long term plan if I can fix him is vantage plus desperation plus wrath, which will make him deadly under 50% HP (which he has a lot of anyway). Then stick him in great knight and he'll be a machine.

Dorothea: Mage -> Warlock. She also has the dancer option. Her spells are ridiculous, long range attack and healing with all round good stats.

Linhart: Mage -> Bishop. My main healer but thanks to decent defense also an excelled Nosu tank.

Hubert: Mage -> Warlock. One of my weaker units tbh. He's very fragile and his weakness in faith minimizes his utility as a healer. Also dark magic is heavy and he's not that strong, so his AS is low despite good speed. That said he does have great range and magic. I'm hoping he'll get better as a Dark Knight.

Caspar: Brigand -> Armor -> Fortress. I plan to make him a warrior soon for wrath. He's great but slow. I got slightly RNG screwed on speed but also shouldn't have put him in armor for so long. It's worth unlocking for the much needed def boost, but not using. Plan is to make him a war master.

Felix: I recruited him as Merc then made him an assassin. I had planned to eventually make him a sword master OMG, this guy with a bow is insane. If I had him from the start grappler would also be tempting.

Hilda is absolutely busted as a Fortress Knight. I am afraid to see how amazing she becomes as a Great Knight, she still doubles everything despite her huge armor and she hits constant 30+. I'm at Chapter 11 now and she consistently killed enemies in a single strike.

I'm adding one more here.

Leonie: Paladin->Bow Knight - taking after Jeralt with the horses, she's quite sturdy with the lances early on, and a mounted archer is never a bad choice in Fire Emblem games. It's also easy to train considering her starting skill levels. With enough speed you can't go wrong with her.

Hi, I'm currently in the second part of my first run with the Golden Deers, and I think is actually pretty clear the routes for each character. I guess in other houses is similar, and for my second run I would like to use some "niche" class for someone, but still. This are my thoughts:

Claude, Wyvern Master (there is no reason not to go this way)

Lorenz, Paladin > Dark Knight (I'm currently on Paladin on my way to building him Dark Knight but I really think that's the class he is meant to be)

Raphael, Fortress Knight (I don't see him going Great Knight route with such a bad Riding Level, but could work)

Ignatz, Sniper to Bow Knight (broken af with the bow, I can see him working on an assasin route)

Lysithea, Gremory (I have to say I love @Spectrum thought on her as a dancer, could work so well)

Marianne, Bishop > Holy Knight 

Leonie, Paladin > Falcon Knight / Bow Knight (depends on what you want, lance or bow, both routes are well in my opinion)

For the Blue Lions, I had:

Dimitri: Great Lord (massive hp + strength means he can destroy most of the map by himself)

Felix: Mortal Savant (somehow same strength as dimitri, with nearly as high magic)

Ashe: Bow Knight (good mobility and range but didn't get good stats...)

Mercedes: Gremory (white magic x 2 is so good! also she's the perfect healer)

Annette: Dark Knight (high magic, low speed. still really useful)

Ingrid: Falcon Knight (she gets hit by about 5% of all attacks, its hilarious, + best resistance in my team)

Lysithea: Gremory (I got her too late for anything else, she would be really good at dancer though)

also I had Flayn as Holy Knight (even with her bad riding skill, she was still really good) and Seteth in Wyvern Lord

there are no words how mad I am at this game that they removed the Dark Falcon class. (I'm hoping this enters the game via patch or something)

Marianne is Holy Knight (will change to Gremory once she gets high enough
(next playthrough i will steal her and make her a pegasus knight). 

Lysithia is my Dancer (via Gremory), will change to Mortal Savant once i get her to clutch her master exam. 

Dorothea: Gremory 

Ignatz (sniper, will maybe trian him to be mortal savant later)

Petra. (having fun playing around with her classes, she makes a great wyvern rider)

Hilda: Fortress Knight. (it is so amazing how amazing she is in this class).