Who did you dancer and why?

Fennel

Was a toss-up between Marianne and Flayn for me. Ended up going Marianne since she was proficient with swords. Then I kept her as a Bishop anyway and will go Holy Knight later. >_>

4 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

I'm only in ch5 of the GD route and I don't know what to do with my poor boy Ignatz. He's already falling behind. I saw people say to try and make him a thief, but the poor kid couldn't even pass the 67% rate certification test. Might have to try again, but I also saw a couple folks say they made Igntaz a dancer as a way to salvage his character.

While Thief has better growths than Archer, go Archer. The extra range is just too good to pass up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorothea because it fit her personality. She’s a great mage though, so I rarely actually used her as a dancer and ended up leaving the class behind. Flayn probably makes more sense, but small roster with a ton of good characters made dancer kind of useless.

I had chosen Flayn since she came late and underleveled compared to the students I had. Naturally, make a non-combat unit go utility. However, I go and find she left my party mid-way through the game.

I started Edelgard as dancer because why not, and surprisingly, the stats made her stomp the game with sword and axe.

Plus it'd be amusing to see an emperor rallying her force by giving the hand flickers and some hip shakes.

In my Blue Lions run I made Mercedes my dancer because of the main blue lions she just seemed the most fitting for it. I didn't want to make anyone else it because I liked their classes a lot better. In my Black Eagles run I made a huge mistake! I made Flayn my dancer and she left! XD I did it because I didn't feel anyone from the Black Eagles fit as a dancer xD.

Not up to the decision yet, but leaning heavily towards Ignatz if he can scrounge up the required charm by then. He's pretty much dead weight otherwise my worst unit by some distance, and besides, he likes art, dancing is an art right? Second choice if Lorenz, as I did take him through 10 levels of Monk but he's not gaining worthwhile magic points. That said, depending on my recruiting luck over the next few months, I may just drop the both of them completely and so it'd have to go to someone else.

Lorenz. He said he had been practicing dance all his life. And frankly his stats were meticulously average, that he wasn't excelling at anything. Then the game warned me that you need around 13 charm to win the tournament. Lorenz had 14. So I felt like a genius. And the animation is pretty funny.

Edited by Glennstavos

Flayn with the Golden Deers. Dorothea will do the job for the Black Eagles on my next playthrough. Probably Mercedes for the Blue Lions. 

I'm not having a man dance for me. Although now that I mention it, I'm intrigued to know if the animation is the same. 

Edited by Vince777

I'm hoping to go Ferdinand. There's no way I'm passing up the opportunity to have a male dancer and I feel like he'll fit nicely, plus Sylvain already takes the paladin role I was going to put him in. 

Although there is a small temptation to go Dimitri. Maybe another time xD

I chose Flayn because it seemed like she was very eager to and saying no to her just felt dirty.

Plus, she can still use Rescue as a dancer, so it's fine.

In my Blue Lions run I picked Annette, because she practically volunteered

1 hour ago, De Geso said:

and saying no to her just felt dirty.

I ended up not using the class at all, though. One, Annette was a great Mage and Gremory, and two, the Dancer's innate growth rates suck balls.

This time (Black Eagles), I'm going to make Petra one, if only to get the skill that raises your Avoid by 20 when using a sword. And since Petra is currently an Assassin and she somehow needs to be even more broken than she already is... well...
I was originally going to make Dorothea a Dancer, because it fits her character and it's kind of a no-brainer to have her be one, BUT she's in the same boat as Annette, being better as a magic user and combat unit.

I'm on Claude Squad, but poached Annette from the Lions, and figured she'd be good, since Lysithea has dibs on Gremory, and Lorenz on Dark Knight. She won easily against Dorothea and Felix. Was kind of disappointed they didn't make Dancing a type of Rally, so she could combine it with her personal Str+4 (and learned Spd+4, Res+4), but it's still alright. Was honestly flabbergasted by 6 movement; I had expected 4, maybe 5. She's very versatile, able to rally, dance, heal, or attack with magic. Will definitely want to make a male dancer next time, though.

Please help....im trying to get Cyril to be my dancer but he isnt responding to me when i talk to him when im supposed to. I know its nothing to do with his charm because i've asked dedue, who only has 8, has offered to be the representative. Cyril, on the other hand, has 11.....please help <_>

Edited by Imdesperate

20 hours ago, Imdesperate said:

Please help....im trying to get Cyril to be my dancer but he isnt responding to me when i talk to him when im supposed to. I know its nothing to do with his charm because i've asked dedue, who only has 8, has offered to be the representative. Cyril, on the other hand, has 11.....please help <_>

I don't think he's officially in your class. He's just helping with your class.

I ended up using Annette because shes worse than Dorothea as a mage (fight me).

But i also Feel like the Dancer class is kinda meh in this game, not because it was weakened but because everybody ends up so strong, are 9/10 times on a horse, get access to good 3-5 range and combined with Warp/Rescue you could just bring an extra Combat Unit and not really miss the Dancer. 

Edited by Animaillusionaria

8 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I don't think he's officially in your class. He's just helping with your class.

Is there a way to make him in your class.....? I doubt it 😞 but it's weird because he also attends my lectures and when I click roster he shows up. Are you sure that's the issue? Like I said, it probably is the issue but idk.....had to replay 5 hours worth of gameplay because I forgot to recruit him before the cup so maybe I'm just desperate xD

18 minutes ago, Imdesperate said:

Is there a way to make him in your class.....? I doubt it 😞 but it's weird because he also attends my lectures and when I click roster he shows up. Are you sure that's the issue? Like I said, it probably is the issue but idk.....had to replay 5 hours worth of gameplay because I forgot to recruit him before the cup so maybe I'm just desperate xD

No, Cyril states when you recruit him that he won't technically be part of the class. It's similar with Alois, Catherine, and Shamir in that you can teach them but they aren't part of the class and thus can't be used as dancers. Though they're also the judges for the contest, so maybe not the best example.

40 minutes ago, Imdesperate said:

I'm sure you can make Flayn a dancer, but not Cyril. He's not officially enrolled as a student unlike her.

In much GD run I wanted to turn Raphael into a dancer but I missed the quest. Now with the BL I went with Mercedes. Probably not the best idea but she has always been a support unit to me and she looks gorgeous too lol 

Blue Lions:Annette. The only reason I chose her was because I trained her in brawling, because as a noble she could use magic and brawling, but apparently mages and priests can’t use brawling.