(MAJOR SPOILERS) Blue Lion Route completed.

So i completed the blue lion route after 71 hours. I loved it a lot and i think they have the best characters. Up until the ending great story even though you have to kill classmates, its war right? 

Overall the Ending left me extremely unsatisfied. I am a competitionist so i like to do/get everything possible so i missed Mercedes paralogue and Shamir and Alois's. Whether or not they are good is besides the point its all about the content. Back to the ending, yes i believe the other 3 routes will answer my questions hopefully but my issue is the fact they do not even RECOGNIZE these plot points:

Flayn, Seteth, and Rheas backstories (Manaketes assuming)

Sothis and why Rhea put her inside you.

Jeritza (who i believe is the death knight and Mercedes brother that got separated from after their fathers death)what happened to him? never acknowledged ever again in the route. maybe the paralogue i missed because you HAVE to have Caspar recruited will answer this one but this is extremely easy to miss sadly for a first run with no guides 😞

and finally Thales. He is the man that murders your father and we literally do not hear or see anything from him after that one scene (ive heard he is in golden deer route more) not to mention in the final chapter oath of a dagger (22) Slither in the dark members are in the chapter but once you kill this guy named Myson, they all flee the battlefield saying "we cannot risk the goal! retreat!" which never gets touched on again either. After the big battle i thought the game would go on to try and stop those that slither in dark but apparently rhea is saved and you become archbishop and Dmitri makes fodlan peaceful.

So yeah the route left me with so many unanswered questions that i am assuming/hoping the other routes will address because right now i feel as though i haven't actually "beat" the game. Maybe Blue lions was the wrong route to start. Even though i am complaining i really did love the route i just hate not having all the plot points filled in, especially these really important ones. 

None of the routes really resolve every hanging plot thread, which I think reflects a deliberate attempt to avoid one definitive ending that makes the other routes meaningless (which I think that’s a good thing as it makes you play all of them to understand everything that’s going on). That being said,

Spoiler

You are correct that Those who Slither in the Dark eventually take center stage in the Golden Deer Route, and if you’re curious about what they’re up to, I highly recommend playing that Route next.

Most of your answers are actually in Byleth/church path, especially if you S support Rhea in the end. It also deals TWSITD in the end

The game really wants you to play every route to learn the full picture of the world.

Edited by Timlugia

58 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

None of the routes really resolve every hanging plot thread, which I think reflects a deliberate attempt to avoid one definitive ending that makes the other routes meaningless (which I think that’s a good thing as it makes you play all of them to understand everything that’s going on). That being said,

Hide contents

You are correct that Those who Slither in the Dark eventually take center stage in the Golden Deer Route, and if you’re curious about what they’re up to, I highly recommend playing that Route next.

Awesome these are great things to hear. I was just really annoyed with the lack of acknowledgement for these major plot points. To me there is a difference between making that point more relevant in one route then the other then voiding its entire existence in another.  i am unsure of what i care about the most right now but im glad the other routes touch on them. 

57 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Most of your answers are actually in Byleth/church path, especially if you S support Rhea in the end. It also deals TWSITD in the end

The game really wants you to play every route to learn the full picture of the world.

huh its weird that you have to s support rhea to find out a truth that is hinted at throughout the entire pre time skip but nonetheless i will be doing that next route. I also am curious what happens when you S support sothis because she also doesnt get touched on after the time skip even if they "became one".

Edited by Zihark11

Regarding Mercedes and the Death Knight,  if you do complete her post-timeskip paralogue with Caspar, that subplot is resolved, more or less. They have unique battle dialogue that I think you can only get if you do the paralogue along with a small conversation post-battle after you win at the fort.  

I honestly didn't like the Blue Lions path in general. Dimitri's development was really predictable. He was much better off as a villain and the ending wasn't satisfying. Anyways, it appears that the most of your questions will be answered in the other routes and Rhea supports. I've finished BE and those questions weren't answered as well, so there isn't a "correct" route to start.

19 minutes ago, Spectrum said:

I honestly didn't like the Blue Lions path in general. Dimitri's development was really predictable. He was much better off as a villain and the ending wasn't satisfying. Anyways, it appears that the most of your questions will be answered in the other routes and Rhea supports. I've finished BE and those questions weren't answered as well, so there isn't a "correct" route to start.

The Black Eagles and Blue Lions paths are more focused on the war. The Golden Deer and Church paths are more concerned with discovering the true history of the Church of Seiros, the crests and Hero Relics, and Those Who Slither in the Dark, with each route focusing on slightly different information. Namely,

Spoiler

The Golden Deer Route focuses on Nemesis and his origins, the true purpose and identity of those who Slither, and Fodlan’s relationship to the world at large. The church path focuses more on the identity and motivations of Seiros and Rhea, and the story of Byleth’s origins. There is significant overlap between the two routes, however.

2 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Regarding Mercedes and the Death Knight,  if you do complete her post-timeskip paralogue with Caspar, that subplot is resolved, more or less. They have unique battle dialogue that I think you can only get if you do the paralogue along with a small conversation post-battle after you win at the fort.  

yeah i found this out post time skip and was like damnit lol.

1 hour ago, Spectrum said:

i really like dimitri personally and think his development is great. the fact that those routes dont even acknowledge major plot points irritates me beyond words lol. How can you have big events and turning points and then never mention them again? just feels really poorly written. 

1 hour ago, Moonlit Knight said:

The Black Eagles and Blue Lions paths are more focused on the war. The Golden Deer and Church paths are more concerned with discovering the true history of the Church of Seiros, the crests and Hero Relics, and Those Who Slither in the Dark, with each route focusing on slightly different information. Namely,

Hide contents

The Golden Deer Route focuses on Nemesis and his origins, the true purpose and identity of those who Slither, and Fodlan’s relationship to the world at large. The church path focuses more on the identity and motivations of Seiros and Rhea, and the story of Byleth’s origins. There is significant overlap between the two routes, however.

This is really good information. It sounds like those will be my favorite routes then because pre time skip literally hypes/ hints at all these ideas about the church and about the group that slither in dark not to mention they kill jeralt. That is what i wanted to see unravel. Finding the truth out about this secret organization and about Rhes background and as well as sothis, and assuming seteth and Flayn are also the same as rhea them as well. 

Edited by Zihark11

12 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

and finally Thales. He is the man that murders your father and we literally do not hear or see anything from him after that one scene (ive heard he is in golden deer route more) not to mention in the final chapter oath of a dagger (22) Slither in the dark members are in the chapter but once you kill this guy named Myson, they all flee the battlefield saying "we cannot risk the goal! retreat!" which never gets touched on again either. After the big battle i thought the game would go on to try and stop those that slither in dark but apparently rhea is saved and you become archbishop and Dmitri makes fodlan peaceful.

Apparently (spoilers for other paths)

Spoiler

Thales has taken the guise of Lord Arundel. And, I believe we kill him in the chapter where we save Claude. So it seems we unknowingly kill Thales, and thus, destroy TWLITD.

Edited by MrPerson0

13 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

Apparently (spoilers for other paths)

Hide contents

Thales has taken the guise of Lord Arundel. And, I believe we kill him in the chapter where we save Claude. So it seems we unknowingly kill Thales, and thus, destroy TWLITD.

WTF? lol ok so i guess thats something i will experience in golden deer route then. i had no clue. 

6 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What are your opinions on Edelgard?

I don't know if the cutscene isn't shown in the other paths, or people just forgot about it due to it being near the beginning of the game, but before you are sent to take out the bandits in the Red Canyon, this bit of dialogue occurs:

Spoiler

Bandit Leader: What is this nonsense?! All I was told was to kill as many noble pipsqueaks as possible! No one said anything about the Knights of damned Seiros being on our trail!

Flame Emperor (Edelgard): You have proven yourself worthless. Distracted by something so trivial. I had hoped you would achieve your goal despite the setback. But now a child of the knights' former captain is in play. How interesting.

That shows that Edelgard hired the bandits to kill Dimitri and Claude (and other nobles) at the beginning of the game. That already made me hate her right off the bat.

I decided to do each house run without recruiting from the other houses (as to keep original allegiances). I have reached the war part and in the story the alliance is 

Spoiler

Divided into 2 groups: One lead by Claude, and the other lead by Lorenz.

Did you happen to recruit Lorenz in your playthrough?

If so, who leads the pro empire side of the alliance? 

13 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What are your opinions on Edelgard? I've heard people who start with Blue Lions....

Hide contents

end up hating her generally speaking. 

I don't hate her, but Edelgard fans would probably say that I do.

What about people who start with Black Eagles?  Do they hate Dimitri?

3 hours ago, Omega203 said:

I don't particularly hate Dimitri and I did Edelgard's route first, all I have to say he's more of an unlikable individual after the time skip. In fact Edelgard is REALLY likeable in that route for a first impression.

Edelgard Route spoiler, don't read if you want to learn it yourself.

Spoiler

In Edelgard's route, he blames her for the death of his family, I presume this is the Tragedy of Duscur.  He also spent times next to the VERY insane Rhea for 5 years, so yeah make senses he'd become unreasonable while retaining very tiny strand of reasons in regard to his subordinates especially Dedue.

But it's not actually her doing, but rather her uncle's when he abducted her to Kingdom when she was a child and did all of the unspeakable things to her and her siblings just to create a perfect warrior with a legendary crest. He succeeded in that regard. You can see Flame Emperor making comments of general dislike toward Thales and Kronya after the assassination of Byleth's father stating they will not live, unless this is her route dialogue only. (But I doubt it as she hates them from the start to begin with.)

In particular I'm actually avoiding Blue Lions till it's only one left because I don't want to see the events surrounding Edelgard in that.

Edited by Fateborn

3 hours ago, Omega203 said:

Did BE first and then BL after that.

Edelgard is still my favorite lord but Dimitri is a close second. I like them both a lot and while I have to let both characters sink in a bit more I do think that they're both top 10 favorite FE characters material. Hell, I think they might be both my favorite Female/Male FE lord across all FE games. 

1 hour ago, Fateborn said:
Spoiler

but rather her uncle's when he abducted her to Kingdom when she was a child and did all of the unspeakable things to her and her siblings just to create a perfect warrior with a legendary crest.

Just to make sure,

Spoiler

this wasn't her actual uncle, but it was Thales who disguised himself as said uncle, correct? You'd think that Edelgard would try to kill him first instead of the church for her issues.

Spoiler

Correct but she doesn't know that, it's also why I'm partly disappointed with her route to a degree, after clearing the route, their fate are basically CRUSHED by edelgard and her gang as an afterword instead of a series of campaign missions for us to do.

I means I'd be okay with that as an afterword, but Edelgard basically said after she was done conquering Fodlan, she'd wipe out TWSITD, she was only letting them be because she needed their strength to keep Kingdom and the Church in a stalemate. (The Beasts are good contenders against Golems who knew?) So I was hoping for a nice bonus face off against them after it all.

Spoiler

I was under the impression her uncle was always Thales, he just adopted an alter ego. His sister Patricia goes missing during the Duscar tragedy so I figured they were always involved from the beginning. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks BL ending absolutely sucks.

Spoiler

Firstly, the final battle has no OMPH. Its so uninteresting. What, you think you can just throw this ugly Edelgard beast at me with no explanation, and I'll think its cool? I didn't even get chills or any sort of excitement. The final boss song isn't even good or memorable. And Edelgard's behavior towards Dimitri just proves that they're going to have to work extra hard to make me like her in her route/s; as it stands, she's just an annoying brat. 

Backtracking a bit, I don't think Rodrigue had to die. Dimitri should've just gotten gravely injured or something to bring him back to his senses. That's what I thought was going to happen but then, as in typical FE fashion, another father figure had to die. Whatever. 

The rest of the route is really good in my opinion! But holy shit, that ending.. absolute trash. 

The no homo hand grab with Byleth and Dimitri at the end did make me tear up though. Dimitri really is the best thing about his route. 

There was plenty that I didn't do, mostly because I didn't know how to do it, as this was the route I did first. After I finish all the routes I plan to cycle back to BL and get more what I wanted out of it. Unless the other routes blow me away, this one is definitely my favorite, in spite of all the things I just said.

Until reading this thread, I had no idea you needed both Caspar and Mercedes to do her paralogue. So, thanks for that, really. 

8 minutes ago, nyainou said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks BL ending absolutely sucks.

Hide contents

Firstly, the final battle has no OMPH. Its so uninteresting. What, you think you can just throw this ugly Edelgard beast at me with no explanation, and I'll think its cool? I didn't even get chills or any sort of excitement. The final boss song isn't even good or memorable. And Edelgard's behavior towards Dimitri just proves that they're going to have to work extra hard to make me like her in her route/s; as it stands, she's just an annoying brat. 

Backtracking a bit, I don't think Rodrigue had to die. Dimitri should've just gotten gravely injured or something to bring him back to his senses. That's what I thought was going to happen but then, as in typical FE fashion, another father figure had to die. Whatever. 

The rest of the route is really good in my opinion! But holy shit, that ending.. absolute trash. 

The no homo hand grab with Byleth and Dimitri at the end did make me tear up though. Dimitri really is the best thing about his route. 

There was plenty that I didn't do, mostly because I didn't know how to do it, as this was the route I did first. After I finish all the routes I plan to cycle back to BL and get more what I wanted out of it. Unless the other routes blow me away, this one is definitely my favorite, in spite of all the things I just said.

Until reading this thread, I had no idea you needed both Caspar and Mercedes to do her paralogue. So, thanks for that, really. 

I can honestly say now that im starting other routes Edelgard is a great character. im starting to understand more and more which is helping me as the player a lot. BUT i still think not acknowledging/getting the full picture from one route is bad writing. As a die hard FE fan i dont need incentive to play the other routes, the characters do that for me already which is what they did with the writing 'hey you wanna know why this happenend? play this route! etc" as the player its a great experience soaking up all the knowledge of the world and learning about your characters but its also bad for the characters who dont understand how or why this happened and not even trying to seek out the truth. If at least the characters acknowledged certain events it wouldnt seem like those events were nonexistent 

Spoiler

For instance like Jeralt being killed or Rhea turning into a dragon or why Edelgard chose this path.

Edited by Zihark11

10 minutes ago, nhaer042 said:

I've asked this elsewhere but I haven't received a satisfactory response.

Hide contents

Why couldn't Byleth save Rodrigue exactly? Is this at all addressed or are we just supposed to ignore it?

Theres honestly no reason why Rodrigue couldnt be saved but his death was like the gateway opening up from the hell that Dimitri was living in. without his sacrifice Dimitri may not have been able to be saved but at the same time its kinda ironic that the only way for dimitri to get over loved ones death was to have another loved one die. His death was strictly character development.

Edited by Zihark11

On 8/3/2019 at 2:00 AM, Omega203 said:

I don't like him because compared to everyone he seems to be the most bland.

Edelgard at least goes full on "morally grey" supervillian edgelord.

Dimitri is just "I'm throwing 100% in with the church and I'm going to fall in line and do what I'm told". At times it seems like he only half believes what he's saying but he's resolved himself to his role.

Edited by Tribute