(MAJOR SPOILERS) Blue Lion Route completed.

1 hour ago, Tribute said:

I don't like him because compared to everyone he seems to be the most bland.

Edelgard at least goes full on "morally grey" supervillian edgelord.

Dimitri is just "I'm throwing 100% in with the church and I'm going to fall in line and do what I'm told". At times it seems like he only half believes what he's saying but he's resolved himself to his role.

I don't see this at all personally. His personality is great and the struggles he go through really make you connect with the character. I don't know why people always call him "bland". Also falling in line is like the most inaccurate statement for him.

Literally listening to the credits music as I type.

Spoiler

It was something. I only went into Blue Lions because what I'm perceiving as a message from the heavens (or Sothis, probably Sothis) that gave me Dimitri in Heroes, and what I got was seeing a number of interesting characters, simply due to the relations they had toward certain villains, though the story also had a way of becoming very predictable if you just pay a little bit of attention here and there...

But I still liked it. I only played on normal though, simply because I wanted to do a run of the game that would let me learn what everything did. Now that I know how to do it though... I don't know if I'd do Blue Lions again. It felt more special the first time through.

Funny coincidence though, I didn't realize that Mercedes had a paralogue post-time skip that probably coulda been missed... but I had coincidentally decided to recruit Caspar only a few chapters earlier.

The students I recruited were Bernadetta, Caspar, and Marianne, with Bernadetta I decided to S rank. I tried to get Raphael to, but I only managed his B support in the literal last week before the time skip.

You do not know how much it sucked to have learned why he wanted to be a knight, only to then have to kill him later...

Edited by Xenomata

I'm probably biased since BL was my first run but I throughly enjoyed the story. It did leave me with many unanswered questions (which I've now gotten just about all of in GD) but I like that the point of the story wasn't really to focus on the lore, but rather Dimitri's story and focus on the war. I do agree that the ending did feel a little fast and could have had more time devoted to it. I also don't really understand why Rodrigue couldn't have been saved but I really liked the fact that his death is what causes the change in Dimitri. I think if it would have been Byleth, it would have been really cliche, I like that it was another character, one he was really close to, that made the change in him.

Dimitri's character development was amazing. I went into the route not expecting much but he was definitely much more than I was ever expecting without throwing out too many details. His dark past was something unusual and the way they go about his desire for revenge made him very unique in that way.

So yeah, I probably sound hella biased, but for what it was worth, I really enjoyed it. Knowing that the lore is meant to be found out in the other routes removes some of my critiques.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm probably biased since BL was my first run but I throughly enjoyed the story. It did leave me with many unanswered questions (which I've now gotten just about all of in GD) but I like that the point of the story wasn't really to focus on the lore, but rather Dimitri's story and focus on the war. I do agree that the ending did feel a little fast and could have had more time devoted to it. I also don't really understand why Rodrigue couldn't have been saved but I really liked the fact that his death is what causes the change in Dimitri. I think if it would have been Byleth, it would have been really cliche, I like that it was another character, one he was really close to, that made the change in him.

Dimitri's character development was amazing. I went into the route not expecting much but he was definitely much more than I was ever expecting without throwing out too many details. His dark past was something unusual and the way they go about his desire for revenge made him very unique in that way.

So yeah, I probably sound hella biased, but for what it was worth, I really enjoyed it. Knowing that the lore is meant to be found out in the other routes removes some of my critiques.

Now that i have been playing more routes now i understand more things now so it make sit less bad but from the characters persepctive i always thought it was poorly written. i do like the perspective just focusing on dimitri and his story rather then all the other stuff going on around them. me personally as a person just couldnt do that so maybe thats why it bugs me. 

Too bad you didn't enjoy what is I gotta say the best narrative and emotional arc as Holder of the Heel states over on this thread. Some of your points about the story not bringing up certain things is also neglected in Edelgard's path. Golden Deer is the closet you will get to that but still not a completion revealing everything considering Dimitri's path is the only one that brings up him and El being steb siblings. Also to add onto the Death Knight's death scene by having Mercedes and Caspar you can only apparently get this special scene on BL.

4 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Now that i have been playing more routes now i understand more things now so it make sit less bad but from the characters persepctive i always thought it was poorly written. i do like the perspective just focusing on dimitri and his story rather then all the other stuff going on around them. me personally as a person just couldnt do that so maybe thats why it bugs me. 

After playing GD and seeing how completely screwed over Dimitri is in terms of...well everything (you literally see him for 3 seconds before he dies off camera), I find it makes sense that the BL Route is almost solely focused on him. Otherwise, we would literally get nothing from him just by playing the other Paths. It just really doesn't make much sense until you play all the Routes why his is so heavily focused on him.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:32 PM, Zihark11 said:

i really like dimitri personally and think his development is great. the fact that those routes dont even acknowledge major plot points irritates me beyond words lol. How can you have big events and turning points and then never mention them again? just feels really poorly written. 

I actually think the point is that in real life, there are big events and turning points and you don't always know everything. I love that the BL route leaves so much up in the air, because realistically it wouldn't always be solved. Real life is never tied up with a nice little bow, and neither are the routes in the game. You can get the full picture from all the routes, but I actually think it's BETTER writing that they made it that way rather than giving each route a "complete" story, because the game seems to try to focus on realism (of war/etc).

Also the ending was really satisfying to me, because it wasn't all wrapped up. It was a 'feel good' ending almost, but in a way that left me knowing there was so much more going on that was just hinted at. And the hints make me so eager to start the other routes.

Also it seems weird that people don't understand Edelgard's reasoning in the BL route? I haven't even played her route, but she makes it pretty clear right before the time-skip, AND if you listen to all the supports, you can get a pretty clear idea of how bad Crests are, etc. I do really love the BL route though and the focus on Dimitri and his character arc. And I enjoy the focus on the war, without the supernatural elements of the OTHER villains, because aside from Jeralt, they don't play a part in Dimitri's goal, plus I love the little hints to them in the final chapter, so you know there's so much more going on behind the scenes.

Edited by Kiran_