So, I'm trying to S support Leonie...

I intend getting an S support for Leonie, but every time I try to see the B support conversation, all it says is "It will take some time to develop this bond"! What the heck?!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

She will come to you on a date on the calendar. If you see a small text box with an ellipses (...) on the full monastery map, go to that location as a support happens when you do so (whether it's with her or not I can't say).

7 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I intend getting an S support for Leonie, but every time I try to see the B support conversation, all it says is "It will take some time to develop this bond"! What the heck?!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

It will be unlocked after the December mission. It is not a bug or mistake.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

16 minutes ago, De Geso said:

She will come to you on a date on the calendar. If you see a small text box with an ellipses (...) on the full monastery map, go to that location as a support happens when you do so (whether it's with her or not I can't say).

10 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

It will be unlocked after the December mission. It is not a bug or mistake.

I can't even build support during battle, either. Is there something wrong there, too?

Just now, MetalAmethyst said:

I can't even build support during battle, either. Is there something wrong there, too?

Without more information I can't speak to that. I doubt it's a bug and probably just a misunderstanding about how it's supposed to work. Frankly I'm not sure what it could be, now that you've mentioned that detail.

7 minutes ago, De Geso said:

Without more information I can't speak to that. I doubt it's a bug and probably just a misunderstanding about how it's supposed to work. Frankly I'm not sure what it could be, now that you've mentioned that detail.

Or it could be as Moonlit Knight put it and I'll have to wait until December in game. Either way, I didn't expect the game to do this.

My avatar got a B support for Marianne no problem, yet I have to wait for Leonie's. I don't get it.

Some character's supports are like that. Quite a few (Edelgard B, Edelgard/Lysythia B, Bernadetta A) are locked until after the time skip.

The S-Supports aren't unlocked until the very end, anyway.

56 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

You don’t necessarily gain support points in this game if the units are next to each other, but only if the units can target the same enemy. That may be what you’re seeing.

Anyway, since you got the message that the convo is locked until later, you have enough support points to get it when it does become available. And, as stated above, you cannot S-support someone until the end of the game (literally, as in, after the final boss). As long as you reach an A-level support before that point, you’re good.

48 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

You don’t necessarily gain support points in this game if the units are next to each other, but only if the units can target the same enemy. That may be what you’re seeing.

Anyway, since you got the message that the convo is locked until later, you have enough support points to get it when it does become available. And, as stated above, you cannot S-support someone until the end of the game (literally, as in, after the final boss). As long as you reach an A-level support before that point, you’re good.

I know that the S support conversation comes at the end. That was among the many things I found out about the game.

What exactly happens in December? Is it the time skip, or something else?

It's something else than the time skip. Leonie's B support makes explicit reference to it, and therefore cannot be viewed until afterward.

And you won't be able to accrue more support points until after you view the next support (in December).