Characters Being “Unavailable”

I started up chapter 10 in my game, to discover that I could not field Shamir, which was disappointing, since I believe I would have had a much easier time with her. Then, I started an auxiliary battle, where I was barred from deploying Hubert. Why is this?

All the Knights of Seiros (including Shamir) are unavailable in Chapter 10 because they are out looking for Solon and Kronya.

Similarly Hubert is unavailable in Chapter 11 because he is away from the Monastery doing stuff in the Empire.

So, story reasons for both. You can't find them in Explore mode or Instruct them during Lectures either during those months.

You also cant use Non students /knights of serios in the battle of the eagle and lion either (chapter 7) I know cause you can recruit Shamir (And Catherine on non BE routes) by then, nor can you use Cyril

2 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Ah, that makes sense. How is Cyril recruited, by the way?

Same as any other Knights/Church members, just requires level. He's definitely got the lowest requirement out of them though.

5 hours ago, Ronman5 said:

You also cant use Non students /knights of serios in the battle of the eagle and lion either (chapter 7) I know cause you can recruit Shamir (And Catherine on non BE routes) by then, nor can you use Cyril

It's funny, but you can use students recruited from other houses.  I had half the school recruited at that point and they were fighting their old houses.

3 hours ago, Marros said:

Same as any other Knights/Church members, just requires level. He's definitely got the lowest requirement out of them though.

However it should be noted that I think you cant recruit him at all in BE route, just like Catherine... or if you do recruit him you lose him if you choose the alternate route

Damn Hilda, she didn't became available until after Holly Tomb battle. Now I safe-scuming the Advice box hoping I can get her on B rank before time skip. 

I should stockpile more gifts she likes. Next time I probably should grind axes too... 

Edited by Tenzen12

On 8/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, Chaotix said:

All the Knights of Seiros (including Shamir) are unavailable in Chapter 10 because they are out looking for Solon and Kronya.

Similarly Hubert is unavailable in Chapter 11 because he is away from the Monastery doing stuff in the Empire.

So, story reasons for both. You can't find them in Explore mode or Instruct them during Lectures either during those months.

The first and third paragraphs are definitely true (playing Golden Deer, can't speak to the Hubert detail). But what was weird is, it was possible to field them for auxiliary battles that month. In fact, I even used that month to do the Ashe-Catherine paralogue. Which I'm not complaining about, just noting that gameplay-story integration is... inconsistent. 

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Misspelling.