Students/my playthrough BE support

Hi all,

Currently playing Black Eagles on Hard, but it gets harder and harder, mainly because I've spread my EXP too thin it seems...
So, thinking about a restart, just to feel a bit stronger.

Want to try to critical hit a certain enemy early in the game (for the Dark Seal) with Byleth, but a higher level and better class
would help. I was a myrmidon, which felt underwhelming. Also getting one shotted with everyone was very depressing. But
maybe this is how it is meant to be ?

Most of my party just reached Lv5 before this chapter (with the help of some boss grinding...), which is madness. Currently
recruiting units, which are like two or three levels higher, which might indicate that my level is too low. Also the suggested
chapter levels are way higher than what I currently am. All in all, a bit frustrating, I don't want to move like a turtle every map...

With the reset, I also want to prioritize my recruits from other houses. Right now I went for all the magic ones, just because
the "real" goals for them seemed unrealistic. Not sure how to raise skills like Charm. Any easy way? If not, then I need to
achieve a B-support with a lot of units, not that its hard to do, but after so many dinners and singing it gets boring.

Still, I want to recruit each and every possible student. Teachers are no priority to me, unless they are much stronger then any
student. Which seems unlikely to me.

Since I already have Edelgard and Byleth, which other 8 units should I prioritize over the others ? Main team seems to consist
of 10 units most of the time?

Was thinking:

1. Felix, good strength and speed growths. Main units lacking is physical attack.
2. Sylvain, same as above. Main cavalier/paladin with Ferdinand.
3. Ferdinand, see above.
4. Lysithea, amazing magic.
5. Linhardt, great early mage (early physic and wind) after a rough start. Gets Warp eventually.
6. Petra, swift and good strength.
7. Leonie, good personal and like Petra.
8. Mercedes, best healer I guess. Not sure if she can be more then that.

With those, I lose out on Hubert, which is never been really impressive thus far. Maybe he got RNG screwed early on?
Later on Hilda, Flayn and Shamir seem like useful units. But no clue when I get them. Bernadetta seems like the hidden gem
of this game, but not really sure if I should put any effort in her. Her crest ability seems useful.

As for now, I got a bit crazy on mages and recruited Annette, which is like a lesser version of Linhardt/Dorothea,
Mercedes (which is only good at healing?) and Lysithea. Offcourse I also got Sylvain for free (female MC).

Any units without a crest usable ? Any major unit I am forgetting? Should I get them all early on? Or spread EXP thicker and
recruit later, so that their auto level is higher ?

Thanks,

ps. Who to use the Dark seal on?

Edited by SSJDennis
Title misfit

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linhardt being a better mage than Hubert, that's a first, spooky boi is probably the best nuke in the game apart from Lysithea.

For that enemy, think about having a Thief and using Steal (you have to be faster), I did it that way. Otherwise use gambits and combat arts, at that point in the game you don't have characters able to pull of crits consistently. And consider that you'll have other chances to get a Dark Seal (I think at least another 2 after that, and one comes pretty soon), so unless you want an army of Dark Mages you don't particularly need it (Hubert is definitely the best fit btw, if you're not using him maybe Linhardt himself, or try an alternative Sylvain magic build).

As for recruits, the beauty of this game is that every character is viable, just pick whoever you like. Remember to have at least a flyer (I suggest Petra, she's wasted as a plain swordmaster) and some bow users, as bows are very (very) good this time around. And don't overdo on Cavaliers, they're as slow as Knights.

For requirements, a B support is enough to get everyone regardless of stats and skill levels.

6 hours ago, timon said:

bows are very (very) good this time around.

And you say this why? Because I doubt they're as great as they were in Fates.

28 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Close counter being an extremely low bow rank skill, giving bow users actual enemy phase without DLC? Bowrange +2 for Bow Knights? (I know you're gonna make the accuracy argument and I'll cut to the chase preemptively: if you can fire from four spaces away and canto back, the only reason you'd have to worry about accuracy is turncount. You'll basically be entirely out of enemy range, even if you miraculously don't hit two 80%s with the ridiculous Dex some people have in this game.) Bow Knights in general make bows very good, making the default promotion to their line be mounted. The most important thing, though, is finally a way for bow users to get enemy phase action on their own. 

21 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Bows are pretty damn busted in this game.

First of all, statistically bows are the same as lances in this game (Iron Bow = Iron Lance, Brave Bow = Brave Lance, etc.) with only a few minor differences. They point here is that they don't sacrifice any might or weight in order to gain access to 2 range. They're literally just ranged lances.

This is important because other weapon types have shitty 2 range options. Hand Axes and Javelins are both really weak and ridiculously heavy, meaning they do low damage and you won't be able to double with very often. And if you wanted 2 range with a sword, well you're screwed unless your name is Byleth, because the sole ranged option here is waiting until you get the Levin Sword much later into the game (and even then, that sword uses your magic and not your strength, and your unit might not have good magic).

Now you might point out that Bows are locked into 2 range, whereas Hand Axes and Javelins have 1-2 range. But this game has a skill called Close Counter, which every single character can learn by reaching C rank in bows, which allows you to counterattack enemies who attack you at 1 range while wielding a bow. So that basically means that every single bow in this game is effectively a 1-2 range weapon, with the same stats as lances. Iron Bows are literally just Iron Lances with free 1-2 range, for example. You don't have to resort to a shitty 2 might, 8 weight Javelin for 1-2 range enemy phase combat, you can use a 6 might, 6 weight Iron Bow instead. And unlike being forced to stick with a Javelin as your only ranged option (until you unlock even heavier weapons like the Short Spear later on), you are free to use heavier and stronger or lighter and weaker bows when it is correct to do so, because every single bow can counter at 1 range.

All this doesn't even take into account the fact that archers innately get the +1 Bow Range skill in this game, which is another reason why your own bow users are so good. For one, +1 Bow Range means that your archers get more flexibility in how and who they attack, and can often avoid counters even from enemies with 2 range options (such as crest beasts). Secondly, enemy archers get +1 range as well, which means that your own archers are usually the only units that can counterattack enemy archers during EP. Javelins and Hand Axes don't cut it here, as they miss out on the ability to counter 3 range enemy archers. Also, later on Bow Knights get +2 Bow Range, because that's fair.

All this combines to make Archers/Snipers/Bow Knights the single most flexible unit type at handling enemy phase combat, as their weapons are pretty solid statistically and they are the only physical unit type that can counterattack every single enemy type in the game. Even if you're not an Archer class, you can still use Bows to have access to better 1-2 range combat, you just miss out on countering enemy archers due to not having 3 range. Also they kill wyverns dead, and enemy wyverns are actually really threatening in this game (they're tanky, relatively fast, super strong, and have massive movement allowing them to gang up on your weaker units). The only drawback that a bow user might have is an inability to one round very tanky enemies (such as Armor Knights) unless you're using a really strong bow or your archer is supremely strength blessed, but that's what your magic and axe users are for. Overall bows are the most flexible weapon type, despite other weapons occasionally having a niche.

32 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Close counter being an extremely low bow rank skill, giving bow users actual enemy phase without DLC? Bowrange +2 for Bow Knights? (I know you're gonna make the accuracy argument and I'll cut to the chase preemptively: if you can fire from four spaces away and canto back, the only reason you'd have to worry about accuracy is turncount. You'll basically be entirely out of enemy range, even if you miraculously don't hit two 80%s with the ridiculous Dex some people have in this game.) Bow Knights in general make bows very good, making the default promotion to their line be mounted. The most important thing, though, is finally a way for bow users to get enemy phase action on their own. 

I wasn't going to bring up Point Blank, less because it's DLC (which, needless to say, not everyone is gonna have) and more because it requires you to do an extremely tedious DLC map with no casualties (ignoring the aforementioned fact that not everyone will have DLC). As for range, what good is it when trying to leverage it in any noteworthy manner likely results in having iffy hit rates against anything even remotely evasive (and Duma forbid your target be chilling on forest or thicket terrain [I dunno if there's any terrain with high evade boosts than those]...)?

19 minutes ago, Silly said:

Bows are pretty damn busted in this game.

First of all, statistically bows are the same as lances in this game (Iron Bow = Iron Lance, Brave Bow = Brave Lance, etc.) with only a few minor differences. They point here is that they don't sacrifice any might or weight in order to gain access to 2 range. They're literally just ranged lances.

This is important because other weapon types have shitty 2 range options. Hand Axes and Javelins are both really weak and ridiculously heavy, meaning they do low damage and you won't be able to double with very often. And if you wanted 2 range with a sword, well you're screwed unless your name is Byleth, because the sole ranged option here is waiting until you get the Levin Sword much later into the game (and even then, that sword uses your magic and not your strength, and your unit might not have good magic).

Now you might point out that Bows are locked into 2 range, whereas Hand Axes and Javelins have 1-2 range. But this game has a skill called Close Counter, which every single character can learn by reaching C rank in bows, which allows you to counterattack enemies who attack you at 1 range while wielding a bow. So that basically means that every single bow in this game is effectively a 1-2 range weapon, with the same stats as lances. Iron Bows are literally just Iron Lances with free 1-2 range, for example. You don't have to resort to a shitty 2 might, 8 weight Javelin for 1-2 range enemy phase combat, you can use a 6 might, 6 weight Iron Bow instead. And unlike being forced to stick with a Javelin as your only ranged option (until you unlock even heavier weapons like the Short Spear later on), you are free to use heavier and stronger or lighter and weaker bows when it is correct to do so, because every single bow can counter at 1 range.

All this doesn't even take into account the fact that archers innately get the +1 Bow Range skill in this game, which is another reason why your own bow users are so good. For one, +1 Bow Range means that your archers get more flexibility in how and who they attack, and can often avoid counters even from enemies with 2 range options (such as crest beasts). Secondly, enemy archers get +1 range as well, which means that your own archers are usually the only units that can counterattack enemy archers during EP. Javelins and Hand Axes don't cut it here, as they miss out on the ability to counter 3 range enemy archers. Also, later on Bow Knights get +2 Bow Range, because that's fair.

All this combines to make Archers/Snipers/Bow Knights the single most flexible unit type at handling enemy phase combat, as their weapons are pretty solid statistically and they are the only physical unit type that can counterattack every single enemy type in the game. Even if you're not an Archer class, you can still use Bows to have access to better 1-2 range combat, you just miss out on countering enemy archers due to not having 3 range. Also they kill wyverns dead, and enemy wyverns are actually really threatening in this game (they're tanky, relatively fast, super strong, and have massive movement allowing them to gang up on your weaker units). The only drawback that a bow user might have is an inability to one round very tanky enemies (such as Armor Knights) unless you're using a really strong bow or your archer is supremely strength blessed, but that's what your magic and axe users are for. Overall bows are the most flexible weapon type, despite other weapons occasionally having a niche.

On the subject of Close Counter, does attacking from 1 range with a bow give hit penalties (I'm curious as to this because it applied in Radiant Dawn with the Double Bow)? See above for Bow Range +2 (long story short, taking a -40 hit penalty is nothing to scoff at, and thus I'd pretty much be forced to use Curved Shot to hit reliably from that far against anything that's not an armor or slowed down significantly).

Edited by Shadow Mir

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

On the subject of Close Counter, does attacking from 1 range with a bow give hit penalties (I'm curious as to this because it applied in Radiant Dawn with the Double Bow)? See above for Bow Range +2 (long story short, taking a -40 hit penalty is nothing to scoff at, and thus I'd pretty much be forced to use Curved Shot to hit reliably from that far against anything that's not an armor or slowed down significantly).

1 range gives no hit penalties. And I really think you're overstating the hit penalty; enemies are generally not that dodgy in this game. 

Students I've had success with: Every lord, every lords bff, Ingrid cav into peg knight, Ferdinand cab into wyvern , Bernadette cav into bk, Lysithea holy knight, Lindhart holy knight, Felix mortal savant or hero, Leonie cav into wyvern or pal, Anette whatever can use magic and has a mount (she has natty rally str and gets rally spd!!), and Petra brigand into wyvern.

I prioritize mobility since it's simply the best stat and most maps are kill commander, so rally/stride/dance/warp/flier or cav finishes maps in 2-3 turns.

9 hours ago, timon said:

Linhardt being a better mage than Hubert, that's a first, spooky boi is probably the best nuke in the game apart from Lysithea.

As mentioned, Hubert is really slow, most likely being RNG screwed every single time. Level 8 with 8 speed isn't very impressive. I can tell by their growth rates that Hubert should be better then Linhardt. But early physic on him, paired with Wind makes him a good early mage. I can see him falling off mid-game.

9 hours ago, Spectrum said:

I would suggest getting Ingrid. She's really amazing as a Falcon Knight and would certainly help in BE route. I also noticed you lack an Archer, so make sure you don't bench Bernadetta; she's really good.

Ingrid does well as a peg. knight ? Will she be better then Petra and/or Leonie ?

3 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Close counter being an extremely low bow rank skill

Wow, Close counter is back ? Didn't know that. Maybe the main reason I didn't have any archers. Maybe get Bernie to work then.

I used magic for chipping, which worked really well. Only had Sylvain, Ferdinand, Bylith and Edelgard as tanks right now XD

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

We've already had this discussion, and I'm going to repeat my point, hit penalties are not that relevant, my bow users rarely miss. And if you don't feel comfortable with that 80% just use Curved Shot, it's just 3 durability, it's spammable. And on Bow Knights it's even less relevant, since you have Canto to hop out if you actually miss, but yeah, enemies just don't seem to dodge in this game, at least on Hard.

btw if you're actually going down the pure archer path you even get hit+20 from mastering the class. I can't really see how they could be worse than in Fates, you can fight at 1 range, that automatically skyrockets their viability And Bow C is easy to reach, you don't even need to be a dedicated bowman to make good use of a bow.

12 hours ago, Spectrum said:

I would suggest getting Ingrid. She's really amazing as a Falcon Knight and would certainly help in BE route. I also noticed you lack an Archer, so make sure you don't bench Bernadetta; she's really good.

I mean, he's planning to get Leonie, the best (non Claude) archer in the game, arguably.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

As for range, what good is it when trying to leverage it in any noteworthy manner likely results in having iffy hit rates agang

The Hit Rate is a non-issue, especially by the time the unit is a bow Knight. It's an issue early on, but Bow Knights extreme Dex makes it acceptable.

1 hour ago, SSJDennis said:

Ingrid does well as a peg. knight ? Will she be better then Petra and/or Leonie ?

My Ingrid was extremely broken as a Falcon Knight. I could send her to mages with a spear and she would double/critic and take 0-3 damage.

13 minutes ago, BaKaDaNaa said:

I mean, he's planning to get Leonie, the best (non Claude) archer in the game, arguably.

My bad, I didn't notice Leonie. Yeah, she's better.

1 hour ago, timon said:

We've already had this discussion, and I'm going to repeat my point, hit penalties are not that relevant, my bow users rarely miss. And if you don't feel comfortable with that 80% just use Curved Shot, it's just 3 durability, it's spammable. And on Bow Knights it's even less relevant, since you have Canto to hop out if you actually miss, but yeah, enemies just don't seem to dodge in this game, at least on Hard.

btw if you're actually going down the pure archer path you even get hit+20 from mastering the class. I can't really see how they could be worse than in Fates, you can fight at 1 range, that automatically skyrockets their viability And Bow C is easy to reach, you don't even need to be a dedicated bowman to make good use of a bow.

See, this is exactly why I'm skeptical - because the fandom doesn't learn from their mistakes. Archers have been hyped to hell and back every time a new Fire Emblem game comes out. Guess what? Far more often than not, they failed to live up to the hype. Fates is about the only game I can think of where they were legitimately good, and that's because of mages in general being lackluster and 1-2 range weapons getting nerfed, among other things. Why in the seven hells should I believe this game is an exception???

Edited by Shadow Mir

45 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

See, this is exactly why I'm skeptical - because the fandom doesn't learn from their mistakes. Archers have been hyped to hell and back every time a new Fire Emblem game comes out. Guess what? Far more often than not, they failed to live up to the hype. Fates is about the only game I can think of where they were legitimately good, and that's because of mages in general being lackluster and 1-2 range weapons getting nerfed, among other things. Why in the seven hells should I believe this game is an exception???

Because we're not in prerelease anymore? It's not hype, people are playing the game, some have beaten it multiple times, and the players themselves are saying that bows are exceptional this time around. Also, again, the mere fact that every bow is basically a 1-2 weapon automatically makes them incredible, even if you don't consider the higher range possibilities.

16 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Was thinking:

1. Felix, good strength and speed growths. Main units lacking is physical attack.
2. Sylvain, same as above. Main cavalier/paladin with Ferdinand.
3. Ferdinand, see above.
4. Lysithea, amazing magic.
5. Linhardt, great early mage (early physic and wind) after a rough start. Gets Warp eventually.
6. Petra, swift and good strength.
7. Leonie, good personal and like Petra.
8. Mercedes, best healer I guess. Not sure if she can be more then that.

Not sure which house you're going for, but this is a pretty solid list all around.

For the death knight specifically, a combination of Edelgard and Lysithea is generally recommended. Edelgard is generally able to survive at least one round with the death knight. Lysithea is definitely the number one choice for killing him. She gains access to dark spikes for super effective damage, but even without that, she can use Luna to cut through his defenses.

The only unit I'd say to put in is Dorothea, due to her gaining some pretty incredible black magic later (meteor and Agnea's arrow).

Ingrid may also be worth looking into, I've found her to be very tanky, though her strength is pretty bad.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

As far as I can tell, attacking from 1 range has no penalties. This is a big reason why Bows are so good. For how easy Close Counter is to unlock, it really needs to have some sort of drawback.

Also, the hit penalty from attacking from 4 tiles away is not as big of a deal as you make it seem. Bow classes tend to have high dexterity, which boosts their hit. The class mastery skill for Archer is +20 hit. If you need more hit, C rank in Riding (which is a prerequisite for Bow Knight) gives you a +4 Dex skill, which again boosts your hit. You gradually gain more hit with bows as you level up your bow rank (up to +15 hit at A+ rank), and since the prerequisite for Sniper is A rank Bows at the very minimum you're probably getting close to A+ naturally by the time you hit Bow Knight. You have a 0 weight +10 Hit ring that you can equip. Not to mention, if you still have hit issues (usually only happens on particularly dodgy bosses standing on avoid tiles) you can use a combat art that boosts hit OR just move closer to the enemy to get a hit boost. Bow Knight even has canto, so you can just walk up and attack from 3 range or even 2 range, and then canto back to where you wanted to be after combat.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Except in this game Bows are literally the same statistically as lances... except all of them have 1-2 range with no drawbacks. If I told you "hey this game has super nerfed hand axes and javelins so physical units don't have good 1-2 range, except you get these other weapons that are literally just Iron/Steel/Silver Lances that have 1-2 range combat". Yeah of course those 1-2 range "lances" would be good.

Also mages are pretty good in this game as well. They're the other unit type (besides archers) that have very good 1-2 (and sometimes 1-3) range combat, and there are definitely situations where high damage ranged nukes are very helpful. But your army can't be just mages (that wouldn't be too good because mages are physically quite frail and stuck with 4 move until level 30 at the earliest). And as far as physical units go, Bows are generally the most flexible weapon type in this game, with both perfect 1-2+ range and good might, with axes also pretty useful due to their higher might (and access to the hammer making killing armor knights really easy).

Edited by Silly

@Silly

It's less that bows are broken, and more that they haven't been balanced to fit in with the amount of options you as a player have.

Throughout fire emblem history, weapons were always class locked. If you wanted to use bows, you had to be a class that could use bows (which changed pretty frequently. Heck, paladins could do it at one point). This meant that, say, in shadows of valentia, you had units that just straight up could NOT use bows, even if they wanted to. Further, weapon levels were purely tied to weapon usage with no tutoring option to boost them. So if you wanted, say, Ross in sacred stones to promote to warrior and start going crazy with bows, you had to grind out the bow exp.

Here, those penalties don't apply. Any class CAN use bows, and anyone who wants to use bows simply has to be tutored enough to unlock it. While the strengths/weaknesses system does put at least SOME limits on this, the game hasn't really been rebalanced to accommodate this, and so you have the present situation.

That said, magic is still probably more broken in this game, but magic has always been a little broken in fire emblem.

9 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

That said, magic is still probably more broken in this game, but magic has always been a little broken in fire emblem.

Except in Radiant Dawn 😔

I agree that magic is really good in this game. But also magic classes/units in this game definitely have inherent weaknesses. Notably, poor defenses and armor knight levels of movement before level 30 at the earliest. The fact that magic is locked to only a small number of classes that for the most part share the same set of drawbacks is actually their biggest balancing factor.

So while I think you should definitely have some magic users in every regular run, because they fill some important roles very well, mages in this game aren't exactly like cavs/paladins in some of the older games, where you could just casually have 75% of your army as that one class and have it be close to optimal.

1 minute ago, Silly said:

Except in Radiant Dawn 😔

I agree that magic is really good in this game. But also magic classes/units in this game definitely have inherent weaknesses. Notably, poor defenses and armor knight levels of movement before level 30 at the earliest. The fact that magic is locked to only a small number of classes that for the most part share the same set of drawbacks is actually their biggest balancing factor.

So while I think you should definitely have some magic users in every regular run, because they fill some important roles very well, mages in this game aren't exactly like cavs/paladins in some of the older games, where you could just casually have 75% of your army as that one class and have it be close to optimal.

Definitely.

In that way, I feel like the best balance for bows would have been to class lock it, like they did with magic, but even then bow knights are still a bit ridiculous.

At least you can't forge tomes like you could in awakening...

9 hours ago, Silly said:

Except in Radiant Dawn 😔

Radiant Dawn and Fates, you mean (I'd argue mages aren't much better off in Fates than they are in Radiant Dawn, owing to the poor quality of most of them - Orochi is armor knight level slow, Hayato has accuracy issues and comes underleveled, on Birthright at least, Nyx is insufferably inaccurate, Odin's a huge crapshoot, and Izana comes late in Birthright and Conquest, and dies in Revelation. Not helping matters is that tomes are in the weapon triangle, their generally having low might [Brynhildr is the strongest tome that has no drawbacks, and it's locked to Leo; any other tomes with 10 or more might have severe drawbacks], and that enemy units tend to have better resistance than in most other games).

9 hours ago, Silly said:

Except in this game Bows are literally the same statistically as lances... except all of them have 1-2 range with no drawbacks. If I told you "hey this game has super nerfed hand axes and javelins so physical units don't have good 1-2 range, except you get these other weapons that are literally just Iron/Steel/Silver Lances that have 1-2 range combat". Yeah of course those 1-2 range "lances" would be good.

Also mages are pretty good in this game as well. They're the other unit type (besides archers) that have very good 1-2 (and sometimes 1-3) range combat, and there are definitely situations where high damage ranged nukes are very helpful. But your army can't be just mages (that wouldn't be too good because mages are physically quite frail and stuck with 4 move until level 30 at the earliest). And as far as physical units go, Bows are generally the most flexible weapon type in this game, with both perfect 1-2+ range and good might, with axes also pretty useful due to their higher might (and access to the hammer making killing armor knights really easy).

Likewise, bows in Fates rivaled axes in terms of might, and axes were mostly used by bad units and bad classes in that game (Camilla and Scarlet were the only worthwhile axe units in said game, with the former being best off reclassed to Wyvern Lord). And once again, most 1-2 weapons were nerfed (javelins and the like can't double and make it easier for enemies to double you, the more powerful throwing weapons are 2-range only, magic in general took a big hit, and magic weapons are extremely limited in terms of who can use them well).

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, i am fed up with Intsys not even tring to balance classes that have been overpowered or underpowered for 16 games straight despite many SRPG from other devs pulling it of. 

I want a fire emblem game were paladins and fliers are borderline worthless and archers and armors are the best classes, so i hope that they will eventually try a big balance change, like, for example, majins were op in disgaea 1 and in 2 they were gutted so hars they became useless. 

It's just wishful thinking, really.

Edited by Flere210
I suck too much at typing on a phone

12 hours ago, timon said:

Because we're not in prerelease anymore? It's not hype, people are playing the game, some have beaten it multiple times, and the players themselves are saying that bows are exceptional this time around. Also, again, the mere fact that every bow is basically a 1-2 weapon automatically makes them incredible, even if you don't consider the higher range possibilities.

We're not in prerelease any more, yes, but as far as I'm concerned, what you're doing is no better - the game's been out for barely a week.

6 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Personally, i am fed up with Intsys not even try to balance classes that have bwnne overpowered or underpowered foe 16 games straight despite many SRPG from other devs pulling it of. 

I want a fire emblem game were paladins and fliers are borderline worthless and archer and armors are the best classes, so i hope that they will eventually try a big balance change, like, for example, majins were op in disgaea 1 and in 2 they were gutted so hars they became useless. 

It's just wishful thinking, really.

It's not just Disgaea 2 - further Disgaea games continued to nerf it until it was removed altogether in Disgaea 5 and Disgaea D2.

Finally got to beat the Death Knight with a critical hit. At first it was only 2% crit rate, but after two resets it went to 10%? No clue who gave the crit boost, also my accuracy was almost 80%. Really weird. Didn't use any gambit before the Grounder with Steel Sword+.

Should I use the seal right away? Or wait for a more advanced class? I believe I need a second dark seal otherwise?

Wanted to recruit Ashe before this chapter to save the keys for money, but failed.

Recruit only Lys, who didn't reached A times in time. Sylvain and Lorenz. Last had poor stats, but received a perfect level up last chapter. Any other archer I can get? Dorothea and her are just chipping, both lv2 while the rest is 8~9. Edelgard and Byleth promoted after this chapter.