Poll - Which idea strikes you more?

ElectiveToast

Opinion Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which fanfic idea appeals to you more? (Read below.)

• Wanderer
    • Zealot
  2. 2. For those who picked Wanderer, amnesia or no amnesia?

• Amnesia
    • No amnesia
    • I picked Zealot

So to celebrate 3H’s release, I have decided that my fanfic will use the world of Fódlan as its base. The problem is that I have two ideas for one swirling in my head, and I’m really conflicted as to which one to do. 

Both of these are going to be AU novels that put a big twist on things, because a plain novelization of the canon game wouldn’t be worth the effort to me. Yes, they are both very ambitious, but I will be sure to stick to the lore and only change what’s necessary to make the story. 

So the ideas are as follows: 

Wanderer: 

What was supposed to be a spar with Hubert turned into a terrible “accident” that left Dimitri frozen solid for over 200 years. When the Prince finally thawed awake, he found himself thrust into an alien Fódlan where dark magic has destroyed the civilization he called home, and maintains an iron grip on what remains.

This fic sends Dimitri on a Breath of the Wild esque adventure with a new setting, political issue, factions, and yes, cast, as he strives to find his place in this new world. 

Only question here is: Should his memory be fuzzy from being frozen for that long, or remember everything of the past world? 

Zealot: 

Byleth was very close to his mother as a young boy, so when she died Jeralt took his son to a priest to console him. He did not expect that priest to proselytize him. What’s worse is that Byleth’s recent visions of Sothis have convinced him that he is the “Chosen One” of the Goddess. While he may technically be right, it doesn’t quell the massive hubris he develops that others learn to fear. 

Church route, but Byleth has an almost Yandere obsession with serving the Goddess, and gets ill with anyone who doesn’t share his devotion. May you be preserved if he deems you a heretic or an infidel. 

So, that’s about all I can think of right now. Both ideas sound cool to me, which is why I can’t decide between them. Tell me what you all think! 

Oh, and try to keep things light on spoilers if it can be helped, obviously. Thanks! 

And please, consider giving your thoughts on the two ideas below. Thanks again! 

Edited by ElectiveToast

Why isn't there an option that says "I picked Zealot" in the second half of the poll? People who voted Zealot can't vote otherwise, as you need to click an option in both parts of the poll.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

6 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Why isn't there an option that says "I picked Zealot" in the second half of the poll? People who voted Zealot can't vote otherwise, as you need to click an option in both parts of the poll.

Ah. Thanks for telling me that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Zealot sounds like my teacher last year, only on essential oils instead of religion.

Seriously, she docked a student's grade for saying that essential oils have no health benefits.

I don't need to relive that english class