Choose your Legends 3 Heroes were revealed!

THE DONG HAS RISEN!

I'm having issues choosing between Camilla and Alm, on one hand, I could always use more staff units, but on the other hand, I have the maturity of a 10 year old.

Edited by Espurrhoodie
Slight typo.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited for all of them. Their arts look great and they all seem to be pretty good units.

I actually wish Brave Camilla's design was her original one, maybe without the crown and the mantle. She looks more elegant and refined.

The one I like the most is Micaiah, but I think I'll try to summon all of them, and then choose as a free pull somebody I didn't get with the orbs.

57 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

micaiah for me

Same. Synergizes very well with Veronica. Camilla doesnt bring anything new to the table ecxept for raw nuke power, which honestly other Classes/units do better because they can run Specials that trigger.

Imho Camilla is very lackluster. Veronica, Bride Fjorm and Loki bring far more to the table then her. Especially Veronica. 8 stat difference is nothing to scoff at.

Micaiah looks good!  I really hope that B-skill is really good- I want her to be able to double or guarantee kill in one hit.  But no matter what it is, she'll be my free pick.

I'm excited!

54 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Micaiah looks good!  I really hope that B-skill is really good- I want her to be able to double or guarantee kill in one hit.  But no matter what it is, she'll be my free pick.

I'm excited!

I'm expecting Micaiah's B to be something like Chaos Manifest or Chaos Named, and the former gave guaranteed doubling, so there's a decent chance.

Alm and Eliwood look good, but I can wait for them to be on a better banner/pitybreak me at some point.

An interesting decision to only have three Brave Heroes this year. I guess they figured they could get away with while everyone is focused on TH.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

An interesting decision to only have three Brave Heroes this year. I guess they figured they could get away with while everyone is focused on TH.

There's pretty clearly 4. (I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke, a dig, or serious.)

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I'm expecting Micaiah's B to be something like Chaos Manifest or Chaos Named, and the former gave guaranteed doubling, so there's a decent chance.

I am curious about Micaiah's B Skill, because if you see the video, none of the foes in the map have a visible debuff, so it is not a skill like a chill skill...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

They all look nice, but none are really blowing me away. Alm is the millionth infantry sword nuke, though I suppose sendscale gives him a way to get into wrath range guaranteed and I can't say I'm terribly fond of his armor. The art is well done, but the armor itself I was never a huge fan of. Micaiah seems good, but I'm a bit surprised they didn't save that for Legendary Miccy. Eliwood is probably my favorite; great art and he's a cav which is far and away my favorite unit type. Camilla's art seems rather uninspired, at least to me. It's well done, but it kinda just looks like a gussied up version of her normal outfit. Guess I'll probably go Eliwood unless Miccy really strikes me well.

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

There's pretty clearly 4. (I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke, a dig, or serious.)

I don't think Yune is her own unit, she's just Micaiah's stand. (la la la I can't hear you la la la)

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am curious about Micaiah's B Skill, because if you see the video, none of the foes in the map have a visible debuff, so it is not a skill like a chill skill...

In that case, she will rely on her teammates to debuff, or you could give her a couple of ploys.

Picking Eliwood to ensure I get him, then I'll dive into Green and Colorless. I already have regular Alm and L!Alm, so I don't really need Brave Alm. I have no doubt I'll be pity broken by him someday. Otherwise, I'll take Camilla and Micaiah and scram.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Staff Camilla is so unoriginal, she got one last year.:

latest?cb=20181121132747

Her hair lost a little color, but hey, she gained the power to make blizzards and blow up tanks with icicles.

Out of curiosity, where is that from?

7 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Out of curiosity, where is that from?

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (available on Switch FYI). Her name is Crymaria Levin.

There is little to deny that the developers were aware of Fire Emblem: Fates, since a minor playable character behaves more than coincidentally like Odin Dark.

Alm isn't particularly novel, but being so close to the original saves me the trouble of pulling on his upcoming rerun. He's been my only missing lord for a while, although Three Houses arguably changes that.

Micaiah looks nice but she's not a priority for me right now and she'll get plenty of reruns later on. Eliwood and Camilla would both be nice to pick up randomly but I don't particularly care.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (available on Switch FYI). Her name is Crymaria Levin.

There is little to deny that the developers were aware of Fire Emblem: Fates, since a minor playable character behaves more than coincidentally like Odin Dark.

Ah, thanks.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chuunibyou is a standard anime trope, though.

Eliwood's gonna round out the Free Elibian CYL picks whether he likes it or not.

Though I have uses for that Atk/Spd Push 4.  Lots of uses and terrible ideas.  As in, y'all better hope and pray that I don't get my hands on ten more Legendary Alms.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But is it standard for the trope to call yourself Odin, even when your real name isn't that? Cause the minor playable character in question does that too. 

Plausible enough, at least. It's not like "Odin" is a made up name or something like that.

Let's set aside my hype for dong armor for a little bit and look at these units objectively.

Camilla's staff has Swift Sparrow 1.5 and Dazzling Staff built in, so that's neat. Also IS finally realized Push skills suck, and gave us a better buffed version. I don't hate Camilla, and she looks decently fun, so might pull for her.

Eliweed's got a "fuck the meta" lance as well as Spectrum Blow 2 apparently. Other than that, nothing super interesting, though his offensive stats are very nice. Least interesting unit imo, though he does have the nicest art. Looking quite Eligood, if I do say so myself.

Micaiah got a stand, [Bird Is The Word], which lets her fly now, and she stole Saizo's prf. Other than Atk/Res Bond 4 and whatever the hell that B-Skill does, she just does normal Micaiah things, just in the air now. Pretty neat.

And now, we come to Mr. Dong Armor himself. His weapon isn't anything special (despite him being the only one with a special), but it's pretty good. That A-skill tho. HOO BOY THAT LOOKS BUSTED AF. And I love it. Oh and Atk/Spd Surtr's Menace apparently. Neat. Definitely choosing him as my free unit, dong armor bias aside.

Overall, these units look pretty good. Surprised none of them are armored, and Alm being Infantry Sword Dragonkiller #69 is a bit disappointing, but nothing looks overly busted either. Gr8 banner I r8 8/8.

There's something that I'm surprised about Micaiah.

I thought for sure they would use her first promotion's outfit for brave and save her second promotion for a legendary alt.

The art as always with CYL is gorgeous.  For units, besides if I like the character I always look at what they bring to the table.  I am more concerned in being different/unique than powerful though of course both is best.  In this round, Eiiwood and Micaiah stand out.  Beast effectiveness is really rare, and having dragon effectiveness on top of it.  He is set to take out beast, dragon teams, and combos of the two in addition to having a fantastic stat spread and new record BST for cavs.  Then Micaiah is a flying green mage with another version of Thani and that cool unknown (probably debuff) Yune B skill.  Micaiah emblem (assuming a staff wielding legendary version) will be insane.

Anyways doubt I'll have many if any orbs to pull but my free choice (unless I get lucky with whatever few pulls I do) is Micaiah hands down.  Like her other versions she will likely age really really well, which is hard to say for the other CYL3 units.