What new content should be in the DLCs?

tanuki

What would you like to see in the DLCs?  I would like to see some interaction with the cats and dogs and the ability to recruit them.  I want to make Byleth a cat lady.  Rather than sing or eat with her students, she would dine with two cats instead.  Once recruited the cats would appear in her room.  It would certainly put greater importance on the fishing mini game.  Also, more outfits I guess.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not finished all thre routes yet, but there IS a sauna at Garreg Mach which I believe currently does nothing. That'll probably get featured in the DLC somehow.

What I want the most is more story, of course, at least if there are loose ends and unsolved mysteries after playing through all of the routes.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'd like new classes.

*Caugh Halberdier caugh.*

Spoiler

I hope we get transform class, especially Manakete. We have so many dragons in this game, yet only as enemy characters.

I am even ok if it's just for certain special levels.

Like I mentioned in another post, I believe one of DLCs would be about

Spoiler

Sothis and Nemesis. The leaked title "Star Devouring White Wolf" (which is partially confirmed by logo) is clearly a reference to Massacre of Zanado

I haven't finished all the paths yet so I won't try to speak to what new story maps or characters could be added, but I really like what the 3DS games did with letting you play maps from other games with your own units (I'm mainly hoping to play Elincia's gambit again), so some of that would be nice. 

Let's see here... (If you want to discuss anything regarding a possible leak, please keep them in spoiler tags.)

Also...

“The Expansion Pass is only made of side-stories. It won’t contain story content happening after the main story. We’re also planning to add new characters with it. It’ll have a lot of content, so please look forward to it.”

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-devs-on-the-games-origins-working-with-koei-tecmo-japanese-title-expansion-pass-more/

Free Updates
- The Sauna
 (It's in the files and at the Monastery, being that structure at the top of the stairs near your room. I'm curious what it does.)
- Difficulty Levels (I thought there would be more difficulties based off of the datamine, but apparently all we have is Normal and Hard at the moment, even after beating the game.)
- Postgame Content (Please, please, PLEASE let there be postgame content. I loved the Thabes Dungeon in Shadows of Valentia, messing around in Awakening, or even having fun with the Creature Campaign in Sacred Stones. I also want the option to recruit characters after the story is over, even if they died in the storyline or are normally NPCs. I want the tragedy of killing my former students but still being able to play as them, at least in a theoretical postgame "sandbox" setting...)

Downloadable Content
- Story DLC (There's so many ways one could go with this. One can try to focus on Jeralt and his adventures, or perhaps Nemesis and Seiros and their conflict. It really depends on how substantial the Story DLC will be. Torna for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 probably put my expectations too high...)
- Grind Maps (It started with Awakening and returned in Fates and SoV, so might as well expect it here.)
- Costumes (It's a given.)

I think the only possibility of me buying the DLC would be if it's not just a set of new maps, but a new set of maps that have a place in the context of the story. No silly maps that exist purely to facilitate grinding or item acquisition. New classes are of no interest to me as paid content (though introducing a flying class for males at the intermediate level really ought to be patched in), and new characters only hold appeal if there's new content to field those characters in.

The dream would be a proper expansion that occurs during the time-skip, since I assume due to the branching paths that a post-game expansion is effectively impossible. Doesn't have to be from the perspective of Byleth, it could be anyone though I assume it'd likely be a neutral character rather than anyone affiliated with the houses.

Definitely hoping for some new story content. I mean, we know we're getting it but i'd like to see historical battles take place. We could have the conflict between Seiros and Nemesis or even more "recent" stuff like the foundations of the Kingdom and Alliance respectively.

1 hour ago, bufkus said:

I want an expanded Black Eagles path. It's bullshit that its 6 chapters shorter than the rest.

To be fair, Black Eagles has two routes. I do think it's shorter route would benefit from an expansion though. It doesn't need it, i thought the ending was fine for what it was, but it'd be nice. Though then the game would have to be fair and give post story expansions for all the routes. And as i haven't seen the other routes, i can't tell how beneficial or detrimental that would be.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

Difficulty Levels (I thought there would be more difficulties based off of the datamine, but apparently all we have is Normal and Hard at the moment, even after beating the game.)

Nintendo did confirm that Lunatic is being added in later for free. Whether that's the only difficulty that gets added remains to be seen.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

I want the tragedy of killing my former students but still being able to play as them, at least in a theoretical postgame "sandbox" setting...)

Not entirely impossible, if Nintendo decides to borrow from Valkyria Chronicles (well everything after the first I think). Permadeath in the main story, but as soon as you beat the game, for a hefty fee, anyone can be resurrected. Barring a certain someone in VC4, who can come back, but only through the accomplishment of certain battles in the postgame for some reason.

Pretty sure it was confirmed that it would have new side-story and new characters. But regardless, the things I would like to see are the following:

• Honestly, I wish Edelgard's route would get more chapters. It was quite disappointing that it ends in 4(?) chapters less than the other routes. Maybe we can have an epilogue against TWISTD because

Spoiler

Hubert mentions that they have to deal with them after uniting Fodlan but we never see that in action. 

• Units who can transform(manakete or wolves)

• New attire for Byleth.

• Portraits change when you choose the other hairstyles in NG+ for the lords.

• Prequel about the 10 Heroes.

Long as none of it is route exclusive I'm cool with whatever. Personally, I think it'd be cool if we saw more of Almyra and Dagda.

I'm expecting some farming and alt costumes for sure.

Edited by mrwanton

31 minutes ago, mrwanton said:

Long as none of it is route exclusive I'm cool with whatever. Personally, I think it'd be cool if we saw more of Almyra and Dagda.

I'm expecting some farming and alt costumes for sure.

Oohh, I’m not too far along(ch 12) but visiting Dagda and Brigid, would be very nice.

I'd like to see:

• New classes
  • New characters (I can see that a lot of the UI is designed with the possibility of more students being added to each house, and that would be cool)
  • New maps that expand on the existing story 

Woah, costumes DLC are scummy enough as it is, but the sona who was supposed to be in the game from the get go ? Oof, that's really barrel bottom tier.

That pre-story about apparently Nemesis and Sothis ? I want that. Even with everything we know jack about them, especially since the everything is still 'almost nothing'.
Thinking about it, it's really weird to S support Sothis when you know nothing about her, eh...

If one of the DLC class is a cyborg ninja, or Max from Shining Force I, I laugh. (Look up his personal spell, seriously, it's awesome.)

As for what I'd like: a new path where my recruited students, main Lord of the house chosen included, joins me as I fulfill my destiny as 'Nemesis but better and actually succeed'; there would be a lot of people killed, and a lot blood, and I'll enjoy it.
I'll never happen, and it'll probably end up screwing up the entire the game itself, but eh, I can dream.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dagdar and  briggid became place names? Weird. But them together makes sense.

I was so happy to see those name used, you have no idea.
The funny thing is, he's not technically called Dagda, but 'The Dagda', imagine how awkward it'll be to name a country or a person like that ! 😄

Edited by B.Leu

For me the biggest thing I want is more story content in the forum of either past wars, Historical Battles or mini campaigns. I would love to have more areas to explore. I would also pay for new paths or a expanded fourth path with more chapters, (for new paths it could either be alts or a civil war inside the Black Eagles where all the students don't follow you.). Basically I would love there to be tons and tons of new content.