What new content should be in the DLCs?

tanuki

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think we are getting side story dlc like the Deliverance DLC like SoV got or the DLC Fates got.

Itd have to forego the game's mechanics to make it work, as it would in all reality only be about 3-4 chapters at most, maybe 5, which isnt enough time to meaninfully use any of the game's mechanics with a completely new cast of characters. With the amount of work that would have to be put into that to even make it worthwhile enough to use said mechanics, flesh out this entire new cast of characters, I’d rather they just make a prequel game and not shove it into dlc. 

Im thinking its either a companion piece to whatever route you play, which lets you use whoever you are currently using, or itll be a new route.

"" New story content, with additional playable characters, locations and more"

The fact that it mentions new story content with additional playable characters, locations, and more is what leads me to believe this as well.

spoilers for early game/datamine

Spoiler

I think the fact that Sothis and Jeralt both have data in the files that goes unused, such as voiced lines for being selected on a map, crit quotes ,etc says a lot too. If its a new route, I think itll be a drastically different route, one where maybe Jeralt lives and Sothis doesnt merge with you?

Edited by Tolvir

7 hours ago, The Pope said:

New classes are a must. As much as I love this game (easily my favorite since Radiant Dawn, my favorite in the series), the current class system just gets under my skin. Or to be more precise, while I love the ability to switch classes whenever and have them be non-linear, the current selection just feels...off.

While I also feel class progression is wonky as hell, hiding the 'fix' behind DLC would be very distasteful. That said, I also have no expectation of them adding new paths in a free update, so the best I can hope for is probably just an easing of the restrictions behind the higher-tier classes.