Tea Party Guide

4 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Ta-da!

I grabbed this directly from the game, but be wary of copy and paste mishaps. I had a quick look and everything looks right though.

Still, if anybody wants to report their results, you're more than welcome~

I can say that for Dedue "Was there something you want to discuss?" the "Chat" option is incorrect, and "Sip Tea" is a correct option. <- Pre-time skip btw

Also, could you explain more how you got the data? I have been working on the reddit community guide up until now, and we would like to incorporate your data if we could, and can prove accuracy.

Edited by kbnamespac
clarifying pre-time skip

On 8/3/2019 at 1:37 AM, kbnamespac said:

I can say that for Dedue "Was there something you want to discuss?" the "Chat" option is incorrect, and "Sip Tea" is a correct option. <- Pre-time skip btw

Also, could you explain more how you got the data? I have been working on the reddit community guide up until now, and we would like to incorporate your data if we could, and can prove accuracy.

Thanks, that was my mistake. I somehow read a byte from the wrong (adjacent) column.

Anyway, I did like 100 tea parties with Lorenz and Lysithea to figure out most of the correct answers. Then I found two tables in the game files where the data matched up.

The table for the correct topic choices is sorted by topic choices. It starts from "The existence of crests" and goes down to "Lady Rhea...". In each block, there is a string of 00s or 01s. 00 means the character isn't interested and 01 means they are. The order of the strings is the support conversation order. So it goes Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, down to Rhea (or Cyril if Rhea's aren't used).

The table for the final comments is a bit more messy. You have all of the final comments for one character, then the same for the next character (again, in support conversation order). The final comments are in the same order as the text dump. They're typically grouped by support level. In each block, there's the character ID, then another string of 00s and 01s. This time, the order of the strings is the response: nod, laugh, commend, disagree, admonish, sigh, chat, sip tea, blush, praise in that order.

With Dedue, chat and sip tea are right next to one another, so my eyes looked in the wrong place.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:19 AM, Brimney said:

Hubert also enjoys the Hresvelg Blend tea

Thanks. I forgot there are two teas that everyone likes (the 5-star ones).

On 8/3/2019 at 3:57 AM, Glennstavos said:

...guh! I can't Ctrl + F fast enough. These would be so much easier if I even liked tea.

Hit the Home button to suspend the game and pause the timer.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, DefyingFates said:

I guess Rhea can't be invited to a party after all, and that's just data left in the game from a time she was?

Yes. The data for Rhea currently on the site is actually split between Jeralt and Rhea. The topics are for Jeralt and the answers at the end are for Rhea.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:43 AM, Glennstavos said:

You know how annoying it is to chat with somebody just looking at their phone? That's Byleth, looking at this chart when its tea time.

Look at the answers for the particular character before you start the minigame and memorise them. Unless your short-term memory's really shot, I don't see why you can't do that.

21 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Look at the answers for the particular character before you start the minigame and memorise them. Unless your short-term memory's really shot, I don't see why you can't do that.

I can't even make a fun observation without people misunderstanding and telling me to get unreasonably good at a single player game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 12:43 AM, Glennstavos said:

You know how annoying it is to chat with somebody just looking at their phone? That's Byleth, looking at this chart when its tea time.

XD this needs fan art XD have the character at tea saying something along the lines of it feels like you’re not actually listening to me then Byleth panicking trying to find the correct response XD