Seeing post time skip designs in battle

So, I made it to the timeskip and noticed that characters don't appear in their new clothes outside of cutscenes unless they are in a certain advanced class. So, I thought it might be helpful if there was a list of what class a character needs to be in to see their new look in actual battles. I only have the ones for Blue Lions since that is the only one I've played so far, so if someone wants to list the requirements for characters from other houses that would be appreciated. I believe the House Leaders are in their new classes at the start of Chapter 13 regardless of what class they were in before. 

Annette: Warlock

Ashe: Sniper

Dedue: Fortress Knight

Felix: Swordmaster

Ingrid: Pegasus Knight

Mercedes: Bishop

Sylvain: Paladin

They also appear if you are in certain intermediate classes as well (basically, everyone’s default classes).

Hubert - Dark Mage - Dark Bishop

Ferdinand - Cavalier - Paladin

Petra - Thief - Wyvern Rider (this is the only weird one)

Dorothea - Mage - Warlock

Caspar - Brigand - Warrior

Linhardt - Priest - Bishop

Bernadetta - Archer - Sniper

Hilda - Brigand - Warrior

Raphael - Brawler - Grappler

Ignatz - Archer - Sniper

Lorentz - Cavalier - Paladin

Leonie - Cavalier - Paladin

Lysithea - Mage - Warlock

Marianne - Priest - Bishop

I can add a few of my recruits to this.

Lorenz - Paladin

Marianne - Bishop

Lindhart - Bishop

Dorothea - Warlock

Cyril - Wyvern Rider*

*I mistakenly thought he was a sniper and listed him as such. 

Edited by Altrosa

That's true. But Brigand would have made more sense than Thief. 

So what if a character is in the incorrect Intermediate class? Do they not promote?

Edited by nhaer042
Follow up question.

Petra does have an Assassin model, as that is what I had her as. The Swordmaster costume for Petra is the generic.

Also, I thought Caspar was an Armor Knight. Then again, I never really fielded or paid much attention to him since he was primarily benched...

Edit: Also, Dorothea retains her unique model if she is a Dancer. I don't know if it is specific to Dorothea or across the board.

Edited by Sire

19 minutes ago, Sire said:

Edit: Also, Dorothea retains her unique model if she is a Dancer. I don't know if it is specific to Dorothea or across the board.

I'm pretty sure it's Dorothea only. Annette and Hilda (alongside Dorothea) seem to be the 'canon' dancers however my Annette does not retain her skip outfit as a dancer.

I noticed that Cyril has his model as a wyvern rider and that's it. I haven't checked his intermediate classes or beginner, but for his advanced at least, he only has wyvern.

Ingrid has no advanced class, she only has peg. knight (though peg. knight is pretty much an advanced class in the intermediate tier).

Both Mercedes and Felix have their models in all tiers (not counting master since no one has one there) being monk-priest-bishop and myrm-merc-swordmaster respectively. I haven't seen this for other BL units.

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

Cyril - Sniper

42 minutes ago, Azz said:

I noticed that Cyril has his model as a wyvern rider and that's it. I haven't checked his intermediate classes or beginner, but for his advanced at least, he only has wyvern.

Well.....That

Also, there's also a report that Ingrid has the model for Cavalier.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

Also, Dorothea retains her unique model if she is a Dancer. I don't know if it is specific to Dorothea or across the board.

My Dancer is Marianne, her model didn't change except for using the timeskipped version's head.

Unrelated, but I love the dancer outfit in this game, same with the female Warlock and Gremory outfits.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

My Dancer is Marianne, her model didn't change except for using the timeskipped version's head.

Unrelated, but I love the dancer outfit in this game, same with the female Warlock and Gremory outfits.

Wait, you mean to tell me that her Dancer model is the same as her Bishop one?

4 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

So you cannot confirm that he also has the same model for Sniper?

Checked again, I was flat out mistaken. He uses the generic sniper costume in green. His outside of battle time skip clothes are his wyvern rider clothes. I think the whole deal with wyvern riders being flying archers now still hasn’t clicked. I’ll correct the post. 

Edited by Altrosa

So, in a nutshell it is usually the canon Intermediate and Advanced classes. Please verify and correct me I'm wrong.

• Hubert - Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop
  • Ferdinand - Cavalier -> Paladin
  • Dorothea - Mage -> Warlock/Dancer
  • Caspar - Brigand -> Warrior
  • Linhardt - Monk -> Priest -> Bishop
  • Bernadetta - Archer -> Sniper
  • Petra - Thief -> Assassin/Wyvern Rider
  • Dedue - Armor Knight -> Fortress Knight
  • Felix - Myrmidon -> -> Swordmaster
  • Annette - Mage -> Warlock
  • Mercedes - Monk -> Priest -> Bishop
  • Ashe - Archer -> Sniper
  • Sylvain - Cavalier -> Paladin
  • Ingrid - Cavalier/Pegasus knight
  • Hilda - Brigand -> Warrior
  • Lorenz - Cavalier -> Paladin
  • Raphael - Brawler -> Grappler
  • Ignatz - Archer -> Sniper
  • Lysithea - Mage -> Warlock
  • Marianne - Monk -> Priest -> Bishop
  • Leonie - Cavalier -> Paladin
  • Cyril - Wyvern Rider
  • Flayn - Priest
  • Seteth - Wyvern Rider
  • Catherine - Swordmaster
  • Alois - Warrior
  • Gilbert - Fortress Knight
  • Shamir - Sniper
  • Manuela - Priest
  • Hanneman - Mage -> Warlock

Edited by Jayvee94

Regarding Hubert, I think he needs to be in the Dark Mage / Dark Bishop line. I didn't get enough Dark Seals and had him as a Warlock. He looked different to his "war uniform" design. I presume Mage will use the "class outfit" as well.

Also, for Hanneman, I managed to promote him from Mage to Warlock. He retained his same unique model.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Regarding Hubert, I think he needs to be in the Dark Mage / Dark Bishop line. I didn't get enough Dark Seals and had him as a Warlock. He looked different to his "war uniform" design. I presume Mage will use the "class outfit" as well.

Also, for Hanneman, I managed to promote him from Mage to Warlock. He retained his same unique model.

Thanks. I've updated my post. By the way, isn't it strange that Hanneman retained his unique model as a Warlock yet Manuela didn't as a Bishop?

Edited by Jayvee94

Oh Hanneman actually retains his model? I saw that with him and thought it was a glitch. His mage model also changed to the generic mage model, it's very strange, especially since Manuela and Flayn, the other two intermediate pre promotes don't change when in advanced.

Also, can someone actually confirm Petra retains her post-skip look as a  wyvern? I find it hard to believe personally.

7 hours ago, iavasechui said:

Do any master classes keep design?

No, besides colour palettes, all master classes use the generic models.

Felix actually doesn't have his Mercenary model unique, just Myrmidon (beginning class) and Swordmaster.
Also, it seems like all the canon Priest/Bishops (Linhardt, Mercedes, Marianne) also use their unique models for the Monk beginning class.

1 hour ago, Fatalitod said:

Felix actually doesn't have his Mercenary model unique, just Myrmidon (beginning class) and Swordmaster.
Also, it seems like all the canon Priest/Bishops (Linhardt, Mercedes, Marianne) also use their unique models for the Monk beginning class.

Thanks, updated.