what happen if you dont start support ranks until timeskip?

Just I am afraid I didnt C or B rank some of my route's characters before time skip, can I still do their C and B ranks etc support after timeskip? if so would it be wierd becuase its already timeskip? how is this handled

i hear

In all honesty the support system mechanics are pretty poorly done in this game considering a first time player can easily get locked out of supports.

If you don't meet the highest possible support rank between 2 characters  pre-timeskip (usually B or B+), then you won't be able to gain any more support for them for the rest of the play through.

While I do understand the frustration, the fact that it allows conversations to mostly stay relevant and connected to current period makes me prefer it to any other previous support system.

Edited by Modirufa6317

3 hours ago, HeartTranquil said:

Just I am afraid I didnt C or B rank some of my route's characters before time skip, can I still do their C and B ranks etc support after timeskip? if so would it be wierd becuase its already timeskip? how is this handled

i hear

In all honesty the support system mechanics are pretty poorly done in this game considering a first time player can easily get locked out of supports.

Many supports are time-locked, but not all. A lot of the ones that are involve students from the same house (who should naturally get support convos at a regular pace).

"If you don't meet the highest possible support rank between 2 characters  pre-timeskip (usually B or B+), then you won't be able to gain any more support for them for the rest of the play through."

wait... does this mean if I don't achieve the highest possible support for (i) MC x a student of my chosen class or (ii) between students of my chosen class pretimeskip, I will not be able to raise supports anymore for them after timeskip?

What??!?!?

3 minutes ago, HeartTranquil said:

wait... does this mean if I don't achieve the highest possible support for (i) MC x a student of my chosen class or (ii) between students of my chosen class pretimeskip, I will not be able to raise supports anymore for them after timeskip?

Exactly

1 hour ago, timon said:

Exactly

45 minutes ago, HeartTranquil said:

this is so sad... omg.. so sad..

Not quite maybe there are exception but the way it works as far as I could ascertain through 1,5 playthroughs.

You can still initiate C supports between students of the same house, between students and faculty members post time skip. I'm not sure about Byleth since I maxed out all supports pre time skip with all students on them.

But my assumption is you would still be able to initiate a C support between students of your chosen house post time skip but not with a student you recruited off another house.(needs to be verified though)

You cannot initiate post time a C support between students of different houses.

You can progress to B and past post time skip though if the C support has been watched. <- actually I'm unsure about this one I feel like I did that but I don't remember 100% with whom. In any I can confirm 100% that you can start supports between students and faculty post timeskip as well students of the same house, they don't need to be maxed to progress further.

Edited by Gwyn

Some supports cannot be started later in the game. I got enough points to start a C support conversation between Byleth and Ingrid post timeskip, but the game told me that I missed my chance for this to start. I believe it's only true for C support in most cases.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:43 PM, Modirufa6317 said:

While I do understand the frustration, the fact that it allows conversations to mostly stay relevant and connected to current period makes me prefer it to any other previous support system.

I agree. While I was scared I locked myself out of being able to Support with Dimitri because I didn't get his A Support before the time skip, it turned out it was Time Skip exclusive. It makes sense that you shouldn't be able to see Support conversations from before the Time Skip when you're in the War Phase, logically, even if it sucks if you started working up Supports late~

I'm the type of person who Supports constantly so I thankfully wasn't locked out of any~