Three Houses - Ploys and Preorders

~Xane~

Hi Serenes, I hope you're all enjoying Three Houses. I'm not, and this is why.

About a week before the launch of this game I went to a large entertainment online store to pre-order my game, as I've always favored physical copies over digital once for large games like this. The price was best at this particular site and I was looking forward to trying out the game for myself. I'm very good at avoiding any kinds of spoilers to games. The only things I know about the game is what I saw in that first trailer from so long ago, and then from the 5 year time-skip trailer. Because I wanted to experience this game myself with all its twists and turns I've been avoiding this site for the same reasons. Since everybody is discussing various aspects from the new game I thought it best to stay away from the forest for a while until I've at least played through the game once. However, I couldn't foresee the problems that would hit me.

A week AFTER launch I sent a mail to the corporation and asked why I hadn't yet received the game. After a quick response from their support team I learned that they themselves hadn't received the games they were expecting, and said that they would get back to me as things progressed. Today I got home to find out that they had sent me a new mail: "We're sorry, we couldn't send you the game you ordered because we haven't been able to receive the products either." That made me sad at first of course, but they offered full compensation and even a consolidation gift so hopefully I'll get something else. But it's still unfortunate that it turned out this way. Thus, I haven't yet received the game. I'll probably try again tomorrow to order it again from somewhere else.

I'm very hyped for the game, so I'm certain it will be worth the wait. Did any of you guys have a similar experience to what I just went through?

Moving this to general gaming. 

Who did you order from, are they a reputable seller? I don't have much else to go on, I would recommend always buying from a well known seller.

Thank you. I didn't know I placed it in the wrong forum.

Yes, I bought it from a trusted seller. I was just curious if others had run into the same problem as I did.

Well I'll say that I had to drive to 2 Game Stops and 3 Targets before finding a copy, when I found one it was the last one the store had. I live in the state capital of North Carolina which is no small town by any stretch of the imagination, so you'd think they'd have a larger stock to compensate an urban area, but I guess not. Either Nintendo is seriously underestimating the popularity of Fire Emblem or they're intentionally under stocking the physical product so that they can make more money off of digital sales. 

Hope you'll get it soon Xane. Definitely worth the wait! That said, I'm surprised there are stock issues. One would think that after the Fates limited edition Nintendo stepped up their game, especially since the series clearly has hit mainstream after Awakening.