Em~

Emmeryn, Mikoto or Rhea?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Emmeryn, Mikoto or Rhea? Which is your favorite and why,

• Emmeryn
    • Mikoto
    • Rhea

rhea hands down

she appears in the game long enough to have an actual relevance at least, but this aside, i think she's really gorgeous, and bonus points for cherami leigh's voice

Hmm... let's see, we have.

1. Character whose most defining moment was dying, and then later came back as an amnesiac purely for fanservice.
  2. Wasted potential.
  3. Zealous pope with plenty of screen time and a fairly significant role in the story.

I'm going with the third option, and I haven't even beaten Three Houses yet.

It's not even fair because Rhea isn't some generic maiden character who exists purely to get killed off for dramatic effect/plot purposes.  Not only is Rhea not a generic maiden - in fact, in a lot of ways she can be downright terrifying depending on if you agree with her ethics or not - but she plays an active role in the story, effectively acting as the ruler of the entire continent in practice (at least as an enforcer of rules - not really as a lawmaker) and being the character you gives you your missions for a good chunk of the game.

Rhea is a full-fledged character, not a plot device like the other two characters are.

8 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Rhea looks like a medieval Palutena cosplayer.

i can't see how this could ever be a bad thing tbh

Rhea and it's not even close. She's actually an interesting character. While seeming good, you can feel something "off" and scary as fuck on her, while Emmeryn and Mikoto are just boring goody-goody characters.

Emmeryn willing to bend over to Grangel no matter what because her father was mean 20 something years ago was so annoying. Christ, it's like she was asking to be murdered and have her country invaded.

I mean if we're talking about who's the most interesting character, it's no contest. I've only played Edelgard's route, and I took some great issues with that route's pacing and storytelling, but even then it's blatantly obvious she's a far more interesting and complex character than Mikoto and Emmeryn combined and squared.

Edited by Alastor15243

On 8/5/2019 at 1:50 AM, Ertrick36 said:

Rhea is a full-fledged character, not a plot device like the other two characters are.

I think that really is the best argument on this one. Rhea seems like her own character with her own role in the world, hopes and dreams, ties with other characters .

To some extend the other two have this at all. Lissa and Takumi sure say they love their mommy figures and to some extend it shows but ultimately Mikoto and Emmeryn are just what the plot wants them to be and nothing more.

Rhea, because she's by far the best written out of the three. She also has actual depth and is about as morally grey as the entire rest of the (main) cast.
That is, a shade of grey somewhere between dark grey and slightly less dark grey.

I've gone with Emmeryn.

Haven't had the luxury of playing Three Houses long enough to become intricately familiar with Rhea so I can't actively speak for her but by comparison between Emmeryn and Mikoto, Emmeryn's around long enough to establish her core beliefs and isn't brought back to life by some simply to torture the lord at any point in the story. Emmeryn doesn't need to be recruited in as a Bonus character and as a result, stands above Mikoto whose sole purpose was to be the most vague thing in Fates barring Arete and Sumeragi.

Rhea destroys this meager competition, as frankly she should.

She's a fantastic character, heavily emphasized on and developped and deserves a place amongst the greats in the series, not to stand in a poll with characters of second importance like Emm and Mikoto.

Edited by Vince777