Timeskip locking supports?

I've heard rumors that if you don't reach B/B+ in a support chain before the timeskip, that chain gets locked off forever. Is this accurate? Or is it only that certain supports need to be achieved by a certain time? (I've heard the Rhea supports are all timelocked)

It's accurate to some extent. near the end of my first playthrough I noticed that I had enough affinity to have the C Support conversation with Shamir but the game wouldn't let me see it since it was post timeskip by then.

You certainly need at least B Support for most students/House Leaders because you can't have Monastery conversations during the war. Most A Supports between you and your students and the other characters with each other are based on the war so you can't unlock C Supports if you are in the War Phase.

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

You certainly need at least B Support for most students/House Leaders because you can't have Monastery conversations during the war. Most A Supports between you and your students and the other characters with each other are based on the war so you can't unlock C Supports if you are in the War Phase.

What do you mean by can't have monastery conversations? Like they won't appear in the monastery map?

2 hours ago, wonchwonch said:

What do you mean by can't have monastery conversations? Like they won't appear in the monastery map?

I mean you can't have pre-time skip conversations (ones centered around your time at the monastery) in the post-time skip (when you are in the middle of the war). They logically cannot happen. These are your C Supports and most B Supports so you need to have them before the time skip or you will miss your chance.

Depends on the pair, I suppose. Because I recruited both Hilda and Caspar, and I triggered their C-support after the timeskip. Their C-support, then, was not timelocked. Ignatz and Mercedes are the same way. Student supports between each other seem to be fine, then. Byleth supports, I'm not sure. I didn't get to test it out. I mostly had B supports with everyone pre-timeskip anyway.

Edited by nevar

3 hours ago, Ririn said:

This is getting confusing to be honest. Some people say that you could trigger B support even after timeskip and some you couldn't. 

It depends on who it is, but as far as conversations with Byleth, you should have at least B Support before timeskip just to be safe. There's no harm in going at least to B and it's fairly easy to do by Part II~

As for students with each other, it probably varies largely.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

but as far as conversations with Byleth, you should have at least B Support before timeskip just to be safe.

True. Now that I'm unlocking the gift/seed merchant soon, getting Byleth x Character support will be easier. My only worry would be the support between characters. I hope I could recruit them all a month before the timeskip so that I could do skirmishes to up their support. 

Writing again I replied in another similar thread.

The only thing that needs to be verified if you get locked out of supports with Byleth post timeskip if you don't have at least B. Currently I doubt that to be the case because Caspar and Ferdinand can't get past C on Blue Lion and Golden Deer before the timeskip. So my guess is still if you have a C support at least you are generally safe from being locked out.

I can 100% confirm bar exceptions I haven't encountered yet during my Golden Deer and my close to finished Blue Lion run that you can initiate C ranks between students of the same house no problem post time skip, so Felix/Sylvain don't need to have a support at all and can start post timeskip.
You can also initiate C supports post timeskip between any student and any faculty member without problems, so Hanneman/Linhardt won't be locked post timeskip.
You DO tend to need at least C support between students of previously different houses to progress further. So for example Claude/Ingrid might be locked if you didn't initiate C before the timeskip.