Stat boosts during reclassing

I was wondering how stat boosts work with class changes. I understand there are two types:

1. If your character's stats are less than the base stats for the new class, they will be boosted to match the base stats. Are these permanent? Or are they just a defined minimum that gets replaced once your character's stats surpass the base values? 

2. Class modifiers specific to each class are applied upon certification. Are these permanent? Or do you lose these stats at the next reclass (and gain the new class modifiers)?

The reason I ask is because it seems like if these boosts are permanent, reclassing every week would be a fast way to boost stats. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, RamenToast said:

1. If your character's stats are less than the base stats for the new class, they will be boosted to match the base stats. Are these permanent? Or are they just a defined minimum that gets replaced once your character's stats surpass the base values? 

These are permanent, however most of the time it'll account for at most a plus 1 or 2 boost in stats, since base stats are pretty low in most cases.

2 hours ago, RamenToast said:

2. Class modifiers specific to each class are applied upon certification. Are these permanent? Or do you lose these stats at the next reclass (and gain the new class modifiers)?

These are temporary. Upon switching to a different class, the class modifiers are changed. For instance, if I have a class A and B, class A giving +3 spd and class B giving +2 res, and I switch from class A to B, I will lose that 3 spd, but get the 2 res. It'll actually show you how your stats will be changed if you go to the other page when reclassing via hitting the R button (I think that's the right button, anyway)

I think the most relevant one might be fortress knight's base 17 def, which might be worth getting for squishier characters. Also, the bases help physical users actually get some magic if you want to have a hybrid offensive character, and vice versa. 

They're permanent and they can be nifty.

Lysithea's swords allow her to reclass in a sword master very easily for instance, which bumps her Strength to 17, thus mitigating 2 AS loss from weight (or 1 if she has above 10 strength already), which is in my opinion totally worth the Advanced Seal.

7 minutes ago, Vyniea said:

They're permanent and they can be nifty.

Lysithea's swords allow her to reclass in a sword master very easily for instance, which bumps her Strength to 17, thus mitigating 2 AS loss from weight (or 1 if she has above 10 strength already), which is in my opinion totally worth the Advanced Seal.

Which would help if it weren't for the fact that she's weak in swords. Sure, she has a budding talent in swords, but I'm not really convinced it's worth it...

On 8/5/2019 at 12:11 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Which would help if it weren't for the fact that she's weak in swords. Sure, she has a budding talent in swords, but I'm not really convinced it's worth it...

Levin Sword (C Rank) with Swordfaire would be really strong actually.  9 weight, 9 might would be her best attack other than Hades or Dark Spikes v. Cavalry.  I don't know if it activated the Gloucester Crest though.

At B rank you could use a Silver Sword for Soul Blade, but meh.